• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
ylinks usmash is the best thing ever against all ffers. ****. but it can get hit/grabbed thru sometimes. but they have to be prit near perfect to do that.

btw did the coolest thing ever last nite

dsmashed a fox right over the edge
he went into fire fox
i jumped off and pogosticked(dair bounce on his face) him twice
upbed. caught him in it till the last hit. it threw him far enough away that i just sat on the edge to edgehog. errbody watching lost their ****. it was awesome

rhan

Smash Hero
I wish I was good... Or at least get some of my recent videos on Youtube..

Hearing these stories from Sam makes me wish I could do that stuff.

Also I'm not the best poster on these boards. That title belongs to KK. I just post in purple cuz it's the best color of the rainbow.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
allrite finally.. will make my contributions.. to the Young Link MU chart thread.. (well at least my opinion for Yoshi) I'm sure the other Yoshi players might give their insights too.. Probably when the rest of the community wakes up... i'll post my thoughts on this MU.. ^^

I posted a few videos here ----> of GG7's youngLink http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...=106066&page=4

He's, AZ's best Falcon.. and atm Young Link too ^^..
Hope everyone likes the set...

I'll contribute my thoughts soon, and hope everyone... can contribute perhaps with the Yoshi MU too.. if anyone decides to watch them.. ^^

Thanks YLink Boards! <3

(Copy/pasted from other thread <3 :)

rhan

Smash Hero
Link appears to be broken.

But I remember seeing old videos of GG7. They were good even back then (AKA earlier this year). I can't wait to see the improvements. :)

Also there are two match-up discussions..

Yeah we're that cool.

Laijin and I posted our thoughts there and we've explained out reason for them. RC has Yoshi experience so he's about the only one that could argue you. I couldn't really... lol

I would like to know how a pro Yoshi player views the match-up.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I wish I was good... Or at least get some of my recent videos on Youtube..

Hearing these stories from Sam makes me wish I could do that stuff.

Also I'm not the best poster on these boards. That title belongs to KK. I just post in purple cuz it's the best color of the rainbow.
Pisssshhhhh. I'm sure you're much better than me. It's just being experimental. I try random **** to see what works. But thanks for the support! lol :bee:

I play Yoshi as well but I obviously cant play my own ylink to see what the mu is...hmm. yoshi can combo him well enough and can kill him pretty early. but getting to him would be a big problem.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Pisssshhhhh. I'm sure you're much better than me. It's just being experimental. I try random **** to see what works. But thanks for the support! lol :bee:

I play Yoshi as well but I obviously cant play my own ylink to see what the mu is...hmm. yoshi can combo him well enough and can kill him pretty early. but getting to him would be a big problem.
...and u wanna monry match me *****???

rhan

Smash Hero
Apporaching with arrows is terrible... Also hold onto your bombs more. I see when you pull them out you either drop or throw them instantly..

Marth is actually easier for me now. Idk why. I just hate Falco.. lol If that's Lucas AKA Dark Hart.. it shouldn't be that hard to beat him..

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I think I'm going to actually main young link now.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
as if I would win otherwise. lets face it, it would be, at minimum, 2 years before I started winning money at tournaments. until then, I'd rather play a character I really enjoy, rather than play a character I only sort of enjoy, but win with on rare occasions.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Apporaching with arrows is terrible... Also hold onto your bombs more. I see when you pull them out you either drop or throw them instantly..

Marth is actually easier for me now. Idk why. I just hate Falco.. lol If that's Lucas AKA Dark Hart.. it shouldn't be that hard to beat him..
It is him, it's the factor I can't get around Marth, I can beat people better than him, but Marth is just so frustrating when I don't know what to do.

rhan

Smash Hero
Keep a bomb in hand. That's the main thing. But it's hard to explain the match-up.. I can show but not explain. :x

Either way you're at a disadvantage unless you camp your nutz off. On platform stages I like to control the top middle platform. It our best position when wanting to be annoying and excelling with bombs.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
as if I would win otherwise. lets face it, it would be, at minimum, 2 years before I started winning money at tournaments. until then, I'd rather play a character I really enjoy, rather than play a character I only sort of enjoy, but win with on rare occasions.
DO IT. I'm maining him now too. bcuz I like him, and now he is becoming my best character.

Smith
against marth-I love this mu
Take him to big stages. dreamland. poke. dk64. RC. then run away and bomb. the constant combo of bomb rang aerial is so good and always works. use bombs more in this mu than rangs. he can hit thru them and its dangerous if hes close. arrows are USELESS in this mu accept at really low percents when you can follow up with a dsmash. also ccing at low percents to a dsmash will get him off u for a bit. your shield grab isnt useless against him. if you get a bomb at low percents and are close enough to grab do so and utilt or uair him. also edgegaurding marth isnt so bad. rang or arrow if he is above the edge. bomb him if he is below into a dair or nair(which is safer). marth is pretty easy to combo and most marths like to run into ur bombs. so just constantly have them and throw them into a marth approach. also you can chain nairs against him for a while at mid percents. ledgehop nair is great for eg too

after watching both matches
more bombs. lots more. they are the beginning to all that is ylink lol
actually you were doin really good. to much rang tho. the bomb is better.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I think maining low tiers helps in the long run, especially if you start at the pro level with a low tier character. It forces you to become better faster, and if/when you decide to start using higher tier characters later on, it is so much easier and your play level jumps because you suddenly start using a better character. So maining a low tier is good in the fact that your core game will improve.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion

**** get ***** lucas

I think I'm going to actually main young link now.
i have won money at tournaments; dont do it

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
lol Crystalnite.
you just come here and stir the pot.
youve challenged me to like 15+ mms.
told ppl to play ylink vs sheik
and discourage ppl from maining the char they like best.
Who are you

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
theo is the coolest person on this planet. and probably a couple other planets too.

in other words, shut your god **** mouth and don't be talking **** to my buddy theo.

:083:

rhan

Smash Hero
NO!

Continue to talk **** on Theo. **** that scrub....

<3

Theo I miss you. :c

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
theo is the coolest person on this planet. and probably a couple other planets too.

in other words, shut your god **** mouth and don't be talking **** to my buddy theo.

:083:
Take a chill pill. Theo is gonna be mad when he owes me llike 500 dollars for all the mms he's challenged me too. Im just messin around anyway.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
DO IT. I'm maining him now too. bcuz I like him, and now he is becoming my best character.

Smith
against marth-I love this mu
Take him to big stages. dreamland. poke. dk64. RC. then run away and bomb. the constant combo of bomb rang aerial is so good and always works. use bombs more in this mu than rangs. he can hit thru them and its dangerous if hes close. arrows are USELESS in this mu accept at really low percents when you can follow up with a dsmash. also ccing at low percents to a dsmash will get him off u for a bit. your shield grab isnt useless against him. if you get a bomb at low percents and are close enough to grab do so and utilt or uair him. also edgegaurding marth isnt so bad. rang or arrow if he is above the edge. bomb him if he is below into a dair or nair(which is safer). marth is pretty easy to combo and most marths like to run into ur bombs. so just constantly have them and throw them into a marth approach. also you can chain nairs against him for a while at mid percents. ledgehop nair is great for eg too

after watching both matches
more bombs. lots more. they are the beginning to all that is ylink lol
actually you were doin really good. to much rang tho. the bomb is better.
I always go to Poke or Dream Land but more so Poke.
I felt like I did really bad those matches because I could have followed up on a lot of things I did with projectiles and I didn't. I'll try what you've given me though! :)

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Poke isnt bad. but marth can use those platforms pretty well for setups and tippers. you didnt do too bad, but ya you missed some valuable follow ups. also. I forgot to add this. if you get hit with marths utilt di BEHIND him. if you dont youll get hit more times. I forget that a lot...

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
smith is a god **** beast.

also, I hate peach.

rhan

Smash Hero
Peach is easy.. lol You can literally just stand there and just throw stuff. Just watch the movements and learn the players patters and YL v Peach is so easy.

I actually got some Yoshi experience last weekend.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I wish I got this joke. :c

I need power.
Ask Ganondorf if you can swap triforce peices with him for a bit.

also. I think I'm finally settled on my hunt for a true main. Ylink offers enough challenges and promise that I feel like I can go somewhere with him. Plus he is insanely fun to play. he allows for creativity and strategy. I love it.

Top Bottom