• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Y. Link Match Up Discussion. Ask Questions Here!

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
I discussed the Peach Ylink MU at TO6

When you get Peach off stage, you really want to get her lower with projectiles, so she isn't high and easier to gimp. You can catch her turnips from behind because our grab box is the widest and boomerangs can lead into uairs.
Puff is just a big *** campfest, when I played HungryBox, I always had a bomb out in my hand and boomerang to keep away. Only grab if you absolutely can, and after you get your combo you can only really rinse and repeat. Poking with nair and bair is good too.

Sorry if I'm not making since. :c
money match?

rhan

Smash Hero
His Peach sucks.

It only beats me 9/10 times.

He's obviously a terrible player.

And his Jiggs isn't good either (Serious Theo. MM me negro)

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
ok so just had a tourny this weekend. and i didnt get out of pools...bcuz i went sheik like a tard. i frendlied all day with ylink and yoshi and did 6000000 times better with them. i even beat some really good ppl with my ylink. but i didnt have faith in him during pools. so **** that im maining ylink from now on.

played a good ics and didnt get grabbed once in our pool matches. he still won the set due to my lack of knowledge in that mu.
i almost beat him in freindlies but he wobbled me for the last stock....

rhan

Smash Hero
Do I ever win? lol

Plus I pretty much was filling his gas tank anyway. So really I MM him for like 30 bucks.

rhan

Smash Hero
Theo just trolls all the players here..

Also I think he's mocking me when he does that cuz he knows I'm a compulsive gamblerrrrr.... lmao

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
hell yes and this is the second time ive agreed to mm your marth i believe. you'll have to come to Missouri tho
LOL i didnt realize that

i am here to stalk my ***** rhan

edit: and to troll silly ppl into thinking YL has a chance vs sheik

x2 edit: u gamble? u any good at poker?

rhan

Smash Hero
Theo's like my #1 groupie. Haha

I don't gamble on chance games. You know I just money down on **** I got control over. AKA money matches. lol

But I'll definitely throw money down on some Spades. Just get your spades partner and I'll get mine.

rhan

Smash Hero
Only like 3 cards in your deck is banned.

Plus my Archfiends would still beat yo **** down anyway.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Yugioh? pleaseeee. Magic is where it's at.

also we're way off topic.
What mu should we discuss. Fox or Falco
Peach
Ganon

I've been playin foxes a lot. theyre easy to gimp. gotta be swift tho.

rhan

Smash Hero
LOL Smith. I'm too lazy to look all that stuff up now..

Kenny: They're all campfests.

Except v Falco. You get outcamped easy.

Too tired to go into detail.

Just came to post that I have a high chance of going to RoM3 with Shaeman.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Hello guys/gals my post brawl, melee main is young link, mainly because coming back to ness is dam near impossible, he is so bad in comparison. I was just wondering how essential is wave-dashing to ylink's game. I ask because i can wavedash, but can put any practical use to it in a match, the only time do anything with young link is waveland away after throwing a bomb in the air. Just wondering because i know you had to wave-dash for ness because he has no grab-range otherwise, or with marth its essential for spacing, im just curious how important you guys think it is to ylink's game. To me ylink seems versitile enough to not need it as much aas others.

rhan

Smash Hero
Washdashing/Wavelanding improves anyone's game... You should do it regardless. Make it a habit to waveland every time at least.

Also your name makes me upset.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
having a rang goin around the stage is pri gud. throw one when they are off stage. it may hit them on the way back allowing you to dsmash.

up throw to dsmash at mid percents can get them offstage. eg with dsmash and dtilt. be careful with projectiles. he can dodge them and punish you if ur not careful . lure him onto plats and then combo.

rhan

Smash Hero
I got out-camped by a Falco on Yoshi's before. It was very spirit crushing.

Also against Fox since his lasers are whippy. You can throw your boomerang as much as you want without being hit and it disappearing. So you always want to throw your boomerang in a direction where you think he might be at. Throwing directly at his position is the basic thought and he'll definitely just easily dodge it. Of course he'll catch on to the fact that you're not throwing it directly at him so you have to mix it up once in a while. Bombs are good but his lasers are able to effect how their momentum. But if you are able to hit him with a bomb that's a great way to set up combos and it's a good way to get a poke/damage. Arrows suck and should only be used when he's trying to recover.

All that was for a campy Fox.

An aggressive Fox you want to have a bomb on you at all times (Like the Sheik match-up). This can prevent you from dying at times. But if's also the best and most flexible projectile we have. We can throw it in all cardinal directions. THIS IS GREAT! /rant. Bombs are great to have. Against Shield pressure you want to either try up B OoS or if you have a bomb in your hand, jump away -> bomb drop. This can catch him off guard and give you an opening to run. Imo Fox in the air when forced to be is a nice thing. When we can Uair juggle him it's a cool looking combo, it sets up for a good finisher like Dair, and it racks up a great amount of damage.

Your main killers against Fox are:

Nair
Dair (Best results combo into it)
D-Smash (Edge guarding)

Main moves you want to watch out for against Fox:

Up Smash
Up Smash OoS
Nair -> Shine
Shine (Duh edgegaurding)
Uair (Though it's dangerous and deadly it's the one we have most prevention over when we see it coming. When the initial hit is about to connect, if one SDI's left then right,or vise versa, you'll break out of it without being sent up. It'll just be a love tap).
Up throw -> Uair.

Alright I'm done for now..

First post of the day just woke up. Woot.

Imma go get eggs now.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Just played a bunch of matches against fox. had best results on yoshis. dk64. and bf.
utilt is a better interceptor than usmash when fox is jumin arounf. but cathcin him in a usmash in air gets a combo starter. rangs are soooooo good. best thing ever against him. bombs work well when z dropped. also throwing a bomb over ur head is a good safety net. ARROWS DO MAJOR WORK. rang to arrow to dsmash. also rang when fox is offstage to arrow leads to easy gimps.
nair is awesome and uair for comboing obviously. also dair at low percents to usmash is coool.
you just gotta play this reallllly fast

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
ya i've gotten flak for the name before, it is just unfortunate that Ness was a intentinal anagram for SNES, i could main aanyone else and it would have been fine, i.e. BestPeachn00b. Sorry if it offends you guys.

Anyways fox, is stupid, although i heard we can't be waveshined because we fall onto the ground.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm not offended. It just makes me sad.. :(

And I think PS is better against Fox. And DL. Lotsa space. I totally forgot about upsmash.. That move is so legit against Fox. Best combo set up.

Top Bottom