• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xyro's Samus: The Green Lesbian

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hah, such big talk for a noob. Just so you know, I do SHIELD, AIR DODGE, and DI properly. Thought you might want to know that before you think your playing somebody who sucks.
Xyro is not a noob. I saw a tourney match between him and Hylian on Aero Dive, and he won. That says something. Hylian is pretty good himself. The Samus community, if not the Smash community, knows this. It's one thing to state your opinion about the video, but it's another to insult a person. Constructive criticism is key, TheKO.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Poor Dryn!

So I played this guy Tudor today in a tournament and I was like, "****, this guy is way better than that guy xyro."

If you really want to prove it, go to washington and beat Rohins then Vegas and beat Tudor.
I do agree that Tudor is better, if not the best Samus main, but that's simply from what I have observed by watching his videos on YouTube.

I want to brawl against Tudor, and I think it'd be an honor to win or lose against him. I've never been out of state, though, and Wi-Fi doesn't allow you to play as best as you could. :urg:

TheKO

Smash Rookie
lol....xyro is not a noob. and he will go beast mode on you with zair.
Beast mode on me with zair, thats pretty funny.. For one reason mainly, I know how to air dodge/shield so good luck with zairing.

Xyro is not a noob. I saw a tourney match between him and Hylian on Aero Dive, and he won. That says something. Hylian is pretty good himself. The Samus community, if not the Smash community, knows this. It's one thing to state your opinion about the video, but it's another to insult a person. Constructive criticism is key, TheKO.
Hah I agree, but it's pretty ironic for you to be addressing me instead of Xyro of insulting a person. To start out a video claiming your better than two people? Haha It's just hysterical to even question Xyro being better than the both of them. He may not be considered noob, but after doing something like that..? I have no respect for him.

Also, Aero Dive is a pretty funny stage, I mean it must take a lot of skill to beat somebody who's good such as Hylian, but when you can die at 60% from getting hit by a car? I'd say that stage is pretty luck based.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hah I agree, but it's pretty ironic for you to be addressing me instead of Xyro of insulting a person. To start out a video claiming your better than two people? Haha It's just hysterical to even question Xyro being better than the both of them. He may not be considered noob, but after doing something like that..? I have no respect for him.
I addressed you, because you're being more of an arrogant person than he is. You're no better. I've never seen any of your matches, but I lose respect for the person who just makes fun of another person by calling him a "noob." Xyro may act immature, or may be regarded as immature simply because of a thread he made in the past, and because of this thread as well, but that's entirely irrelevant to how well he plays against others.

Calling Xyro a "noob," when you've never brawled with him is quite arrogant, especially when you claim that you're good at dodging z-airs. If you've no respect for Xyro, then that's fine. Just don't express your disrepect for him through insults.

Also, Aero Dive is a pretty funny stage, I mean it must take a lot of skill to beat somebody who's good such as Hylian, but when you can die at 60% from getting hit by a car? I'd say that stage is pretty luck based.
Yeah, that is funny. Guess what? No Johns. I mean, it's not like Xyro was exempt from getting hit by F-Zero machines. In fact, he lost one stock by one of the F-Zero machines! Oh, and so did Hylian, at the end. :laugh: Still, no Johns. It's easy to make up excuses, but both lost a stock do one of the machines. It's not like lag was present.

Xyro (grn samus) s Hylian (org samus)

Pi

Smash Hero
Lol, at least hold off on that kind of talk till you win some major tourneys, then you're free to run your mouth all you want :p

TheKO

Smash Rookie
Dyrn, your right Xyro is definitely right for saying hes better than Tudor & Rohin. He shows no arrogance whatsoever. He's also probably the best Samus I've ever seen in my life, especially from that video you linked, I mean god I guess I really wouldn't be able to press my R button to shield, or air dodge, but then again according to his combo video who really can right?

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Dyrn, your right Xyro is definitely right for saying hes better than Tudor & Rohin. He shows no arrogance whatsoever. He's also probably the best Samus I've ever seen in my life, especially from that video you linked, I mean god I guess I really wouldn't be able to press my R button to shield, or air dodge, but then again according to his combo video who really can right?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Sarcasm for the crippling win.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
so now you accept it....

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Main point = Xyro's skill (with Samus) becomes questionable when he posts a video montage claiming he is better than other people, then tries to prove this by showing combo's on banned stages against opponents that do not show any attempt to avoid the combo's. The worst part is that there are only a handful of decent combo's and a bunch of "Is this kid serious", "That doesn't take any skill", and "Why did you bother putting this vid in". I know people may think my opinion is biased because he is claiming to be better than me, but it's obvious i don't need to prove anything. Based on this assortment of clips, which I would assume are picked out from even worse clips, I have to say Xyro's Samus is nothing special.

Xyro77

The worst part is that there are only a handful of decent combo's and a bunch of "Is this kid serious", "That doesn't take any skill", and "Why did you bother putting this vid in". .
since 80% of the vid is ^

wouldnt a person see what im trying to do here in the samus board?

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Well a lot of things come to mind.

-Look like a noob?
-Look like an idiot?
-Look like an idiot and a noob?

Maybe you should have made it clear that this was strictly a joke video about random thing's that have happened while you played Samus instead of calling it a Samus Combo vid in your sig. And not trying to play it off like it's a joke vid when people think you're a joke.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
Wow...3 chargeshots? People do live alot longer in Brawl. Though if you hit them in the air I find it works better.

Xyro77

Well a lot of things come to mind.

-Look like a noob?
-Look like an idiot?
-Look like an idiot and a noob?

Maybe you should have made it clear that this was strictly a joke video about random thing's that have happened while you played Samus instead of calling it a Samus Combo vid in your sig. And not trying to play it off like it's a joke vid when people think you're a joke.
Dont assume.

But honestly, heres my way of looking at all of this.

On the OUTSIDE, samus is flat out boring and horrible. She sucks in every way shape and form. Most people like samus but once they try her out, the soon realizes theres nothing she can do (on the outside). The average joe is not gonna use graple in the air or UP+B out of shield or missle to grab, so they just drop her and move on.

So, if you show them a video with samus actually doing "cool" stuff(wether it works in real life or not). This may make them want to retry samus and maybe dig deeper to perhaps DISCOVER that samus TRULY isnt as bad as they first thought and maybe switch to her. I dont know about you but i go to about 5 tournies a month and a smash fest every other week and i am tired of the same old meta/snake/marth/pit.

SO

The video i made is not to brag about the 6-7 Zairs i pulled off on a marth that cant press L or R. The point of the video is to show people who MIGHT NOT like or consider samus a useable character that Samus can be fun. And once they realize this, the will dig deeper and watch samus vids/read articles/attend tournies and bring some variety to the scene and in the long run bring hr up a few notches in the tier list.

and before you say "why dont you just make a REAL combo video instead of a joke one?"

Heres why:

IMO, The lower the tier you go, the more intelligence/mind games you have to have. Being technical will only get you so far with samus. So throwing out a REAL combo vid leans more to the technicla side of samus and this is a ''turn off'' to alot of upcoming players(they may think its "too hard"). If you give them a video that shows samus can be fun, the will be more willing to try her out and then, in turn, dig deeper to learn her full abilities.

PS: this post was not meant to harm or degrade ANYBODY.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I see where Xyro is going with his point, but the fact that no one in the vid pressed R or L at any point seems that even noobs (with any knowledge of smash in general) would be able ask "why didn't they just block"

I used to perform "combo's" like that on my roommate cus he never pressed R or L and he hated it. I think your point works both ways as noobs in your point could also gather "wow smash is broken" haha and they havent even seen the whorenado yet...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Thanks for putting words into my mouth, TheKO. I never said Xyro was right for saying he's better than Tudor and/or Rohins, nor did I say he wasn't arrogant for what he said. I don't condone what Xyro said. When I saw the video for the first time, I thought it was funny that he would have that in the beginning of his video. I didn't agree with him on it, though. I've stated my opinion about Tudor already, saying that he is probably one of the best Samus mainers in the world. I can't say anything about Rohins, because I've never seen any of his matches.

The point is, you're being more arrogant than he is. You displayed your arrogance once again in this post of yours by saying sarcastically, "I really wouldn't be able to press my R button to sheild, or air dodge." Are you done yet?

DYF

Smash Cadet
and before you say "why dont you just make a REAL combo video instead of a joke one?"

Heres why:

IMO, The lower the tier you go, the more intelligence/mind games you have to have. Being technical will only get you so far with samus. So throwing out a REAL combo vid leans more to the technicla side of samus and this is a ''turn off'' to alot of upcoming players(they may think its "too hard"). If you give them a video that shows samus can be fun, the will be more willing to try her out and then, in turn, dig deeper to learn her full abilities.
Thats not really a bad way of thinking, I can see how your trying to get people interested in samus as a character... but if your going to make a "combo" video knowing that the moves shown in the video aren't the greatest that samus can do, what do you think all the youtube n00bs are gonna say? "man, if this guy is > Tudor+Rohins then Tudor+Rohins must not be that great"
but when in fact they may or may not be.

but the point is you knowingly made a video that shows less technical skill than both Tudor and Rohins actually have and said that you are greater than them... Well now thats just slander on their names..

Xyro77

but the point is you knowingly made a video that shows less technical skill than both Tudor and Rohins actually have and said that you are greater than them... Well now thats just slander on their names..
I highly doubt they care about thier names over a VIDEO GAME on the INTERNET. they how good or bad they are no matter what i say. But, if i did offend you two, i apologize.

Xyro77

I see where Xyro is going with his point, but the fact that no one in the vid pressed R or L at any point seems that even noobs (with any knowledge of smash in general) would be able ask "why didn't they just block"
you would be suprised at what people fall for

ll Mafia ll

Smash Apprentice
The arrogance is not that big of a deal...

Once I saw the beginning thingy, I smiled... because I knew it was for fun.

Otherwise, the vid was fun to watch.

DYF

Smash Cadet
I highly doubt they care about thier names over a VIDEO GAME on the INTERNET. they how good or bad they are no matter what i say. But, if i did offend you two, i apologize.
oh i doubt they really care at all either, but I mean if you wanna look like a nub with a crappy combo video then by all means go for it haha, but why would you try and take others down with ya. You know how stupid internet people are, they will believe anything they read even a playful comment at in some bad video.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
This thread has more posts from Las Vegas than any other thread on the planet.

Tudor and Rohins are both great Samuses. I'd suggest looking into their aerial work as a pointer. Otherwise, Tudor is a really REALLY nice guy in person, and this thread makes me sad that someone actually managed to get on his nerves :/ Other than that Samuses should be buddies!

OMG THOUGH DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT TIME WHEN TUDOR DUNKED LEO OUT OF HIS WAFT AND PWNED HIS FACE?!

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I'm SK92 and i've seen many combo videos, but this one i give it two thumbs down and the fact that in the beggining u say ur better than tudor and rohins. Ur opponents could'nt DI ur attacks at all, were u playing 3 year olds? Next time come with a combo video with opponents that show some skill cuz that was just garbage.

(SK92)

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I'm SK92 and i've seen many combo videos, but this one i give it two thumbs down and the fact that in the beggining u say ur better than tudor and rohins. Ur opponents could'nt DI ur attacks at all, were u playing 3 year olds? Next time come with a combo video with opponents that show some skill cuz that was just garbage.

(SK92)
Congratulations. You've won the award for the post that looks, more than any other, like it was typed by a rabid, mentally challenged chimpanzee. So either you are a rabid, mentally challenged chimpanzee, or you're just one of the dumbest people in history. Take your pick.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
I do agree that Tudor is better, if not the best Samus main, but that's simply from what I have observed by watching his videos on YouTube.

I want to brawl against Tudor, and I think it'd be an honor to win or lose against him. I've never been out of state, though, and Wi-Fi doesn't allow you to play as best as you could. :urg:

OMG Tudor is AMAZING!! I was so honored to be able to play him in Arizona (I'm his number one fan XD). I sure hope he is going to Oregon *crosses fingers*. Us Samus players shouldn't be fighting over who is best or not. We should be working together to try and make Samus the best she can be. But I gotta say, I don't think anyone can match Tudor's character. He is soooooo nice ^__^

SK92

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations. You've won the award for the post that looks, more than any other, like it was typed by a rabid, mentally challenged chimpanzee. So either you are a rabid, mentally challenged chimpanzee, or you're just one of the dumbest people in history. Take your pick.

wow u must be Xyro's number one fan i was talking to Xyro not u wat loser makes fun of someone u don't even know for no reason. Or u must be Jealous of who i am so u decide to try to bring me down with useless words lol. GTFU.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
wow u must be Xyro's number one fan i was talking to Xyro not u wat loser makes fun of someone u don't even know for no reason. Or u must be Jealous of who i am so u decide to try to bring me down with useless words lol. GTFU.
1. I actually dislike Xyro.
2. You're an illiterate little boy. I like to make fun of illiterate little boys. They take everything so seriously.
3. Jealous of who you are, huh. ....I'm sorry, who are you?
4. "GTFU?" So is that some new, hip slang with which I'm unfamiliar, or are you still an illiterate little boy?

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
1. I actually dislike Xyro.
2. You're an illiterate little boy. I like to make fun of illiterate little boys. They take everything so seriously.
3. Jealous of who you are, huh. ....I'm sorry, who are you?
4. "GTFU?" So is that some new, hip slang with which I'm unfamiliar, or are you still an illiterate little boy?
Moral of this story, Samus is awesome....

Edit: for realz, no need to be hatin

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Moral of this story, Samus is awesome....

Edit: for realz, no need to be hatin
I don't like it when people come into threads and just talk crap about someone without even having the freakin' common courtesy to type in English as opposed to 'lolwtfomgbbq' all the time.
As for Samus, I will admit that she isn't COMPLETELY useless, because I've seen her crack top four before in tournaments, so at least that makes her a better character than the likes of Ganondorf and Ike.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
I don't like it when people do that either, but it doesn't mean you need to fight fire with fire ^^;

This guy is full of it.
Samus is no longer viable. She is completely worthless in Brawl.
As for Samus, I will admit that she isn't COMPLETELY useless, because I've seen her crack top four before in tournaments, so at least that makes her a better character than the likes of Ganondorf and Ike.
I'm confused @.@

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dryn you should come to OMG since I think Tudor is going. Then we can really fight over him ;) lol cept he has an awesome girlfriend so I think we would both lose =P.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=753
Haha! When I saw "OMG," immediately thought, "Oh my gosh!" I wouldn't be able to make it. I've never gone to any tournaments, and I've never been out of state. *sigh* I also have work.

Top Bottom