• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
"Here's the power button...surrounded by the ring of light..." LAAAAME

Cryakk. I think it is. When they were going thru the 360 live menu's there was a small pic of the Fable character.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
mic, that was just that... a picture. You know how you pick a picture for your avatar on Live? You can pick a picture of a videogame character, you can pick yourself, etc.

Ghost Recon 3 looks beautiful, it and Gears of War. You know all those Unreal 3 Engine videos floating around? And those pictures? Yeah, Gears of War. Amazing, PDZ is one of the least spectactular games graphic wise. PDZ will be sporting 50 player multiplayer, though.

The bullet holes, the explosion in the final picture, the detail... it looks amazing.

Mediocre, MTV.com has the trailers for the games, but I can't get the ****ed things to work, you guys can go try if you want.

You can see the gun name on it... I can't read it though. :C You press the "Circle of Light" which is the logo button to slide over this menu, if I listened right.

Kameo.. sporting a ****load of enemies on the screen at once.

Live userinterface, lots of stuff to offer, very nice.

If you're interested in seeing the not-so amazing graphical PDZ: http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3138147 It looks good, but not next-gen.

MTV Time.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cashed
mic, that was just that... a picture. You know how you pick a picture for your avatar on Live? You can pick a picture of a videogame character, you can pick yourself, etc.
It seemed to be a clip of going thru a Game list in live. But hey, i was just guessing.

You press the "Circle of Light" which is the logo button to slide over this menu, if I listened right.

he "circle of light" is just the lit circle surrounding the power button.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
There's two mic. One around the logo on the controller, one on the system around the power button.

And while screens might not look too impressive of PDZ, it looks absolutely great in motion. MTV had a 5 second or so clip of Joanna running down a subway shooting and it looked great.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Meh. They refered to the power one as the circle, didn't mention the one around the logo.

4 more days til E3!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Gameplay footage at xbox360.ign.com, Mediocre.

Need for Speed Most Wanted, Gears of War, Ghost Recon 3, Project Gotham 3, Quake IV, Call of Duty 2, etc.

And Unreal Tournament 2007 is coming to X360, yay.

www.xbox360.com has rotatable pictures of the console and controller, woo.

Joanna in game.

X-ray vision? Sweet.

The jetpack. According to people at the event, it's a lot of fun. You can shoot someone's jetpack to damage it, eventually causing it to explode (killing the person).

On the MTV show they had some guy ask Rare a bunch of questions. They cut out a LOT of stuff he asked, showing him just ask the questions but not showing Rare giving the answers, that made me mad. From what they said though, environments are totally destructable... of course, it can't obviously be "Totally" destructable, most likely just buildings and not the main walls out of the levels.

The game looks great, but it needs graphical work. It's a relief knowing that this is pretty much the version they had running on Xbox, so there's plenty of room for improvement.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, they didn't really impress me last night.

Graphics are nice, but I'm tired of the genres they were showing.

And what they showed with Live merely bolstered the fact that all this buying crap online is going to really, really be gay.

I mean seriously, the guy practically used the same situation that was earlier posted in this topic.

I mean for God's sakes, this is just getting annoying.

PDZ looked the best out of them all, but from what I've seen it looks weird, maybe a bit to much different from what the original was.

Not that I mind change, and, well frankly its quite hard to replicate an N64 controller (Not like I've used one of them in ages, they are inferior), but the whole jet pack thing really is turning me off.

But I suppose, since this is Rare, they will make it optional.

Anyway, that's my two cents about last night's thing, but frankly I'm disappointed, and I really dislike MS for putting it on MTV.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cyrahk
Anyway, that's my two cents about last night's thing, but frankly I'm disappointed, and I really dislike MS for putting it on MTV.
Agreed about the MTV event. It was like Spike Videogame awards x 3.

12 minutes of 30 minute show = The Killers (who are horrible live, I love their CD though)
5 minutes = random celebrities talking/crowds screaming
5 minutes = Rare/PDZ stuff, though only about 2 minutes total of actual gameplay footage
1 minute = Random game footage
7 minutes = commercials

Estimated, but that's about how it went thanks to MTV. The Ourcolony video shows more, except about the games. The video lacks the 2 or so minutes of the games they showed.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, really. I think they'dve done a better job if they skipped all that snazzy showbiz crap, just had Elijah Wood (Or anybody for that matter, but I didn't mind him) interviewing the guys from MS about it, showing off the system and showing A LOT more of the PDZ deathmatch.

It would have made a lot more sense to me.

And for some reason I expected some loser somewhere on a forum to be like "Why did he ask how many characters are in the game?"

I really wanted someone on some website to ask that, just so I could explain and make them look like a total fool.

Meh, I'm rambling, but you get my point, I'dve rather heard interviews than celebs.

Koopita

Smash Rookie
Definitely I´m not going to buy xbox360,it looks so awful just like xbox and the only thing which I enojoyed was online but all of his games sucked! I got so dissapointed with xbox :mad: .Now that nintendo revolution is going to have online and totally FREE is going to be amazing, good for nintendo I think is gonna be the same as before,the great king :D

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
As Microsoft charge for their online service, they've had more money to put back into the online service and make it better. Where are nintendo going to get the money to improve their online services? From the game sales? Wouldn't that subtract from the development in general?

Just because something is free, it doesn't mean it'll work or even be comparable to Xbox Live

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Qwester
As Microsoft charge for their online service, they've had more money to put back into the online service and make it better. Where are nintendo going to get the money to improve their online services? From the game sales? Wouldn't that subtract from the development in general?

Just because something is free, it doesn't mean it'll work or even be comparable to Xbox Live
You do know that Nintendo is a multi billion dollar industry, right?

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
First off, are you comparing Nintendo to the likes of Microsoft? I think we know who makes the most money there.

Second, Nintendo will be looking to make a profit, if they're not charging for their services, they won't have as much cash to put back into their online servers. You pay money for xbox live to fund the server maintenence and upkeep, where will nintendo get the money for this?

I'd bet that nintendo won't have any sort of microphone to go with their online package either.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
In regards to online: You get what you pay for.

If you aren't spending any money, expect something like PS2's service. Laggy, not very many features, not as much support (to make games online). When you spend money for Xbox live, like Qwester said, it helps the system become even better. Besides, Microsoft is bundling Xbox Live Silver with the Xbox 360, which lets you get all the features of Live except you can't play the games online Monday through Friday. Weekends are yours, though. You also can't play Matchmaking if you have the Silver service, including on weekends. With Silver you get Videochat, the Market Place (which is going to be huge), downloadable demos and game trailers, etc.

Also, the logo button with the Circle of Light surrounding it on the controller powers on the system when it's off, and when the system is turned on it lets you get to the Dashboard with your music and such. I'm pretty sure it won't power the system off, because it would suck during a LAN party if someone held the button down and it turned it off. :p

Axem Smash

Smash Ace
I seen it today on the news, and it looks a lot like a computer CPU. It is ugly looking for a game system. They could have done better. Sorry, just stating my opinion. The games will be cool though.

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Axem Smash
I seen it today on the news, and it looks a lot like a computer CPU. It is ugly looking for a game system. They could have done better. Sorry, just stating my opinion. The games will be cool though.
Hmmm, I love the way the system looks. Meh, doesn't matter anyways, as long as I can get strong online games like I did with Xbox, then definately getting this system.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Some cool new stuff.

Tons of Xbox Live support, that seems to be the focus. You can use MSN, track everyone you ever played with, email, send messages, buy and download music/movies and watch them on your system, stream TV and stuff, basically do everything through it. Quite neat. Also features connectivity to PSP, iPods, and other competitor devices and stuff.

Actually some neat features. I like what I'm hearing. PS3 will probably be better though. Hard to tell. Let's see some Revolution info =(

Games look realllyyy hot.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Backwards compatable, yes, all games playable? No.

Xbox 360 will "officially" be backward compatible with the Xbox, but it's a little more complicated.

It will only be compatible with the prior system's top-selling games, said Microsoft's Vice President Peter Moore. Microsoft will pick and choose only the most popular Xbox titles from its backlist of games and will use emulator software for those titles.

Exactly how many titles remains to be seen. If it's only a few, then it isn't really backward compatible at all. If it's around half the Xbox catalogue the only way a regular user would know for sure is to try the game.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm overwhelmed by the amount of games.

Project Gotham Racing 3 looks ****ing amazing.

Ghost Recon 3 looks like real-life

Gears of War is one of the best looking games in my opinion, Epic's first game to use the Unreal Engine 3

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion looks like it'll be another great RPG that lasts what seems like forever

And yes mic, the 360 will be backwards compatible with the top-selling Xbox games... Which likely means if the game is popular, you'll be able to play it. Fable, Halo 2, Halo, etc.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Recently, Microsoft's J. Allard was interviewed by TheStreet.com and revealed some new information regarding the Xbox 360, including the potential price range.

- The Xbox 360 will be priced "in the neighborhood" of $500 AU. The final price will be decided in about 2 months from now.

- Contrary to Bill Gates's statement that Sony and the PlayStation 3 will walk right into Halo 3 when they launch, Allard said that Halo will be released "when it's ready."

- The chips for the Xbox 360 are in production right now, but the actual consoles aren't being made yet.

- Clarifying his "1 billion" statement from E3; he said that was more like an inspirational comment for the video game industry as a whole. 1 billion gamers is a goal for the industry (not 1 billion Xbox 360 gamers).

It's like the disclamers after a speach.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Haha, indeed. And that's $300 again in the US for anyone who's wondering.

Developers are currently still using alpha kits (the ones that are 1/3 the final power of the actual 360) and will be receiving the final beta kits in early July.

I don't really believe his Halo will "launch when it's ready" comment. Halo 2 was pulled from Bungie's hands pretty much, they wanted about another month just so they could polish the game that much more. Microsoft wouldn't give it to them though, they forced them to have it ready.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Microsoft's UK site has a poll going right now on other possible faceplates. Here they are:

I love Midnight and Aluminum. If Midnight came out though, I'd buy it. So if you're interneted (which so many of you seem to be) go ahead and vote here.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Eh, none of those impress me much.

Next-gen, I think I'll go with an all white theme. That's very hip you know. It'll match my iPod.

Who wants to guess what I thought it said when I glanced at "organism?"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's just a normal Xbox that's holding it's breath and turned white. ;)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A scan leaked from an official Xbox mag yet to be released of games for the 360.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Oh snap. There are quite a few unannounced games on that list that I've been waiting to hear about. Namely Killer Instinct III and Banjo-Kazooie. There are too many games on that list that I want to buy. I really should get a job now that it's summer.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
Oh wow...what with all these awesome titles coming out, mainly the likes of PDZ, Banjo-Kazooie, Virtua Fighter, and Sonic, not to mention them countless others and backwards compatibility. I'm definitely getting an Xbox 360 if I ever get a next-gen console.

Top Bottom