• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Black port? Infrared? I can't tell that anything physically would plug into that, maybe the render just sucks.

If so, lame.

Also curious to see how exactly you would figure out who uses what position if it's all wireless. Think at a tourney or something, one could wreak havoc unless there's some effective way to set which controllers should be used.

Still interesting, though.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The power button is HUGE! What posible reason would it be that huge? Make it easier to turn it on? Makes NO sence.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kirby King
Also curious to see how exactly you would figure out who uses what position if it's all wireless. Think at a tourney or something, one could wreak havoc unless there's some effective way to set which controllers should be used.

Still interesting, though.
I was going to try to say something like that in my post before but I just couldn't figure out how to word it. That's the big thing that doesn't really make sense in my opinion, though.

And mic, according to Team Xbox, the power button does more than just turns the console on.. What exactly? No clue. :p

IGN has a nice article up on this now, I'll post an excerpt.

Leaked onto a forum Friday, April 22, -- and not related to the Microsoft "ourcolony" viral campaign -- this image shows a Macintosh-esque, TiVo-like console with a silver metallic shell and luminiscent green outline. The general shape is that of a PC with soft edges, and subtle concave lines. It's also quite small. Much smaller, in fact, than the current, Cadillac-style Xbox. To get a feel for how small it is, the DVD-tray looks more than half the width of the entire console compared to the current console, containing a disc tray that's smaller relative to its larger width and depth.

The face shows two Memory Units A and B, plus a black I/O port, theoretically for the RF controllers. Instead of the multiple green swirls shown in previous Microsoft ads, a large green circle appears on the right-hand side. And a round-edged sliding disc tray appears above the memory units. And, in line with information spread to us from developers, the unit appears as if it could sit horizontally or vertically, like Sony's PS2 unit.

The leak is interesting for a couple of reasons. Normally fake images are produced in RGB, and they have been, so far, low-res images. This image is in high-resolution, plus it's formatted in CMYK, a printable format, suggesting it could have come from an asset disc. Additionally, the image corroborates the design ideas we've heard about, with the system looking more similar to a PC or a TiVo than a console system. Even more so, there are RF slots for wireless controllers, memory slots not contained on the controller, and the console lacks four controller ports, as we were told.

As with anything leaked on the 'net, this image could also be a complete fake, and some sneaky online artist is drinking beer and laughing his *** off at all the speculation. Or it could be the real thing and Microsoft is again trying to find the informant.
Lacks four controller ports... and has one for more than one controller?

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Originally posted by B0r3d*m Alien
lol, they REALLY want you to turn it on.

BA out :rolleyes:
...or get turned on by it

It personally looks like a ****ty design to me. Hell, even the new Revolution's design looks like crap. What the hell are these game companies thinking? These designs look like they were pulled out at the last minute.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
... The other picture was not the dev kit. Jesus Christ this is getting annoying.

It was a view of the external harddrive. Push that little button and you can pop the harddrive off, take it around. Really the only thing that is different between this:

and the new one is the area that looks like it will light up when the console is on. I don't know really.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly I think the thing is kind of ugly. The font is gross, and why is the CD drive a different colour than everything else? The whole layout is kinda of dumb looking... whatever.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
:D Dolphin.

Nothing new except for this shot of a memory card. On the current Xbox Microsoft only makes 8 MB cards, but as you can see in the picture, there will be larger sizes.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's nice to see the logo on the controller, much better than the original Xbox logo. The logo on the controller isn't just a logo, it's a button, too. I'm going to guess this logo button will bring down the drop menu/slide menu that can come up in each game for Custom Soundtracks and everything. It looks like there are a bunch of numbers or something around the logo, too. I'm also going to make the assumption that the X on the logo will light up when the controller and system are turned on, just like the green/orange light on the Wavebird. There's also a plug-in on the bottom of the controller you can see, probably where you plug in the recharging cord.

The system looks just like the concept art and the leaked pictures posted earlier. The power button really doesn't look too big on the actual system, too. Excuse the quality of the picture, it's a leaked picture from the taping of the MTV Launch Event that someone took with their cellphone. The headset looks more comfortable, I really hate this headphones going around the back of the head thing that they went with this generation because when I try to lay down and play, I have to position the headset in an awkward position and then the **** thing digs into the back of my ears. That camera is obviously what you take your picture with for your Live account, perhaps there will be other games/things that use it too, otherwise it'd be a big waste.

I'm thinking the disc tray has a mirror like finish now after seeing this new screen. The surrounding area is black and the disc tray looks black. In the picture a few posts up the disc tray looks grey, the surrounding area is grey.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ugh. That is one ugly controller. Anyway, MTV has made a little bit of a slip up that you may be intersted in knowing.

MTV.com has updated its TV timetable with the Xbox 360 unveiling. The description reads"
This special highlights the exciting new generation of XBOX. Packages include Tours of the design labs Interviews with the designers Behind-the-scenes and inside scoop Never-before-seen footage of new videogames. Trailers of the newest games that are due out in November for the new XBOX. The next generation will be revealed at an event at the....blah blah blah
And some games anyone?
Popular online blog, Kotaku, has reported that they have received the first leak from one of their sources who attended the Xbox 360 MTV taping. The source revealed he got to play Perfect Dark Zero which was referred to as a “prettier version of TimeSplitters”, Unreal, Quake, and Brothers in Arms. He goes on to say all of the games amazed the crowd with their graphics.
Looks like Rare have been working afterall.

Anyway, also a pic with the new logo

Also, Cashed? Did you see the little Eye-toy clone in that pic of yours? ;)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yeah, I pointed out the camera, mic. How come you think the controller looks bad? Up close it looks great while from far away it does look a little weird, the prongs of the controller seem to angle downward... but that makes sense, GameCube's do, too. The controller S for the Xbox is a very well set up controller, in my opinion it's the best controller this gen, all this does is move the Start and Back buttons to the sides of the logo and the Black and White buttons are now shoulder buttons. Other than that it's kinda just more curvy than the S, which is actually kinda boxy. Looks really comfortable to me, though.

The DVD remote this time has a Power Button and Open Tray Button, so in the morning you'll be able to wake up, feel on your floor for the controller, hit the power button on the remote and play some Perfect Dark Zero without getting up. Yay for laziness. There's also a green button on the remote with the Windows logo on it.

And yeah mic, Rare has been working. On three games. Conker, which is due out June 21st on Xbox, and Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero which are due out for Xbox 360. PDZ is suppose to be one of the big launch titles and who knows when Kameo will come out, it was on the boxes when we bought our GameCubes November 18th 2001. There is a web radio and they had a few people from the MTV event on there that got to play PDZ, from Clan PMS... Two chicks, who calls themselves casual gamers throughout the interview say PDZ plays a lot like Counter-Strike and has Counter-Strike type graphics, putting the celshaded rumors to rest. They said there were 22 guns, and this was a demo. Perfect Dark for N64 had 44 guns (well, people on GameFAQs said that anyways) so hopefully by launch they'll get them all back in plus some new guns. The chicks confirmed of a gun that "latched onto walls and shot at enemies when they walked by" aka the Laptop Gun. Here's to hoping for the Fly-by-Wire Rocket Launcher. :p Everyone at the event got to see PDZ, but only a few got to actually play it. The chicks go onto say Ghost Recon 3 and Unreal: Gears of War both look amazing, while they forget all the other games they saw.

MTV also accidentally leaked that the console will launch in November. They released a statement saying "... and you'll see all the launch titles coming out in November."

Edit: BA, this is suppose to be the final thing. From what I understand, the console itself is done, Microsoft and friends are just working hard to get all the launch titles ready by November.

Edit 2: In the latest issue of OXM (June #45), they have printed a list of semi-official Xbox 360 games, due out this year or early next:

Halo 2.5/3
Fable 2
Call of Duty 2
The Darkness
Burnout Revenge
Dark Sector
Quake IV
Unnamed Project from Silicon Knights
Demonik
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Citizen Zero
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Godfather
Kameo: Elements of Power
Madden NFL
NBA 2K
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Perfect Dark Zero
SSX 4
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tony Hawk's Underground 3
Ultimate Spider-Man
Unnamed Project by Bioware (most likely an RPG)
Unreal Gears of War
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Even if those were the only games that were coming out, there's plenty I'll look into buying on that list. There will obviously be more games though, games like Project Gotham Racing 3 and Ghost Recon 3 are absent from the list while they've already been confirmed. These just look like a lot of the "bigger" games though, you don't see any of those games that 80% of the world passes over in the list.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The unnamed Silicon Knights project could very well be Too Human... It's been a long time, too, is Too Human a fighting game?

I'm still really curious to see what Nintendo is doing, but with how much I play my Xbox and how little I play my GameCube (due to little 3rd party support and no online), I'm pretty much likely to just do that, see what they are doing.

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to contact my alien associates so they can
Too Human is supposed to be an action RPG kind of game...

Here are some specifics..I'm getting a little off topic

From IGN...JANUARY 2001...this game has been development since Playstation 1!111

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several years ago, up-and-coming developer Silicon Knights began preliminary work on what can be considered, perhaps, one of its most ambitious titles -- Too Human. After spending a considerable amount of time working out an intriguing storyline, S-K began bringing the game to life on the PSX. Shown at the 1999 E3 trade show, it received plenty of good press. Not much was shown, but the title was pushing the PlayStation to its most extreme limits. The game engine ran in full high resolution and was devoid of fogging problems, which was something you don't often see on the system. But aside from the visual feats, Too Human was scheduled to debut on the PSX in the Summer of 2000 via a four-disc set, packing in a spanning storyline with tons of FMV and a huge, immersive world. That is until Nintendo purchased Silicon Knights for their outstanding work on Eternal Darkness. From that point on Too Human has been shrouded in secrecy. Nintendo and Silicon Knights might have you believe the game is on the backburner, but being one of S-K's most prized concepts, we're positive it's well on its way to becoming one of the most captivating GameCube titles.
The Facts

Dark, moody, cinematic action
Immersive, plot-driven gameplay
Beautiful character models and animations
Mature gameplay experience
The Story So Far. . .
Too Human features the main character, John Franks, who lives in a Blade Runner-esque, futuristic world -- in the year 2450 AD to be exact. The gameplay experience is being called a futuristic psychological thriller. Too Human examines the possible backlash effect of dealing with the symbiosis of man and machine through advanced genetics and prosthetics. The question is, can a being that is not completely machine or completely human be accepted without prejudice? The gameplay allows for users to cybernetically enhance themselves to improve vision, leg strength, stamina, and more. In all this perfection, though, is it possible to be too human? Undoubtedly Silicon Knights aims to let you draw your own conclusions by the end of the game.

However, the profound moral themes Too Human brings up are not the focus, but rather the entire gameplay experience. It is described as a real-time adventure game that mixes elements of role-playing, like Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, cinematography like Final Fantasy, and a solid storyline. It even adapts to the player's style. If the gamer wants to be stealthy there will be much suspense, but if the player prefers high action situations he/she will experience that as well. But Silicon Knights likes to think of it as being like no other game ever created so far. Rather, they see Too Human as a representation of what the world might be like on 2450 AD.

One would think Too Human is just a shooter of some sort, but it's being engineered as part of the action/RPG genre. The role-playing aspects seem to be the most interesting. You don't spend hours conversing with non-player characters (NPCs) like most RPGs. That aspect is certainly there, but it's not the focus. Instead the progression of your character's skills is where you'll role-play the most. Naturally there will be plenty of weapons, but the cybernetic upgrades will play a very integral part to the experience. For instance, if you get an optical implant you will improve your ability to target enemies more accurately. No doubt Silicon Knights is coming up with some very creative upgrades. This all effects how the game unfolds, too. It is said to be non-linear, and what you do has an impact on where you go next. Perhaps if you upgrade intelligence more than strength you'll be better at breaking into buildings with stealth. This is as opposed to loudly gunning your way through the front lobby. All the choices you make will effect your game path. If Silicon Knights can deliver on this promise, the replay value will be astounding.

To accentuate the gameplay there's going to be tons of aesthetic overhead. Too Human will be packed with hours of voiceovers. So much that you'll even know what John (he's the main character, remember?) is thinking about his environment. If he walks through the wreckage of a bombed building you'll know exactly how he feels. Naturally there will be plenty of full-motion video to compliment this experience. In fact, Silicon Knights once commented that it might be the first company to make a multiple-DVD title. Well, they've been beaten to the punch, but perhaps they'll be the first GameCube developer to use multiple GameCube discs.

Outlook
Things are shaping up very well for Too Human. IGNcube is extremely excited to see this title in action. If it delivers on its promises, it could attracts fans of games like Metal Gear to the console. And, considering that this product has been mulled over and tweaked since early in the '90s, Silicon Knights has had plenty of time to make a solid storyline and come up with an intriguing gameplay design. As long as Eternal Darkness doesn't hinder the development schedule, we should be experiencing Too Human within the next year. Even better, there's a great chance the title will be showcased at this year's E3. Until then, suffice it to say that Silicon Knights has something big in store for GameCube.

Recently it has been cancelled for Gamecube..

It was hinted it was going to be released on XBox because it has the most advanced tech..

We'll see..
BA out..

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm honestly not excited about this at all, and I doubt I'll get one. There are still tons of games coming out for GCN and PS2 to keep me occupied for... well, at least until early 2006.

LoZ? FFXII? KH2? Haunting Ground? FE GCN? Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head... and that doesn't include the many games I haven't picked up yet (DMC3 for example) and GBA/DS games (FE:tSS, Wario Ware Twisted, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Metroid Hunters or Animal Crossing anyone?).

I think I'll just wait for the Revolution/PS3, thanks.

Oh yeah, and the controller looks like poop.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Regardless of how the controller looks (yes.. a bit third party, I know) aslong as it plays well, I'm not too fussed. Although my one concern is that being wireless, it'll need batteries. I had hoped to see some sort of docking station for the controllers to charge on the console itself. Or atleast something similar.

A few more pics (mostly of the prototype controller) can be found here.

The source of the leaked MTV sneaky camera snap here.

Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing more about all 3 of the new systems in development (E3 in 9 days ^^;). Although I'll probably just take the safe option and buy all of them.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
JMY, you've got some nice looking poop.

The reason I'm so excited for this I can finally get a job (yay, no more saving up lunch money/birthday money for 6 months like I did for GameCube) to pay for the system easily, I really won't care about price, the version that includes the Tivo function, WebTV, internet browser, etc. is now rumored to cost $399. I can't wait to get all that stuff in my room. For everything you get, that's an awesome price. Another reason I'm excited for this is because you can tell this generation is dying down. There are the final big games on the way, the graphics for each console have pretty much been pushed to the max (Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for Xbox, RE4 for Cube, no clue for PS2, probably going to be FFXII though), but after games like LoZ05, FFXII, etc. there isn't much left.

I'm actually considering selling my DS because of the little support for it, too. Yeah, there are games coming out for it, but nearly every single "good" game has a TBA release date. Mario Kart is really the only thing keeping me from selling it right now. I played Double Dash today, and after screaming at the GameCube's joystick for about 10 minutes, I remembered how much fun it was.

I don't really blame you for not being too interested in the X360, JMY, you don't seem to like the types of games it's getting.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well you're dumb and stupid. So there.

Actually, there's not really anything blatantly WRONG with the 360, and I could see why someone who want to get it... it's just not my taste. It seems to be coming out too early for me. And Cashed, you're right... almost none of those games appeal to me enough to get the system.

I don't know, I'd rather wait around and see what Nintendo has to offer, because I honestly don't want a second computer that just has a controller and plugs into my TV. I want a unique GAMING experience, not another system that does stuff I already have sitting on my desk.

Now watch, the Revolution will be a pink, pyramid-shaped system that has handles. And you hold it it by the handles, while tipping and shaking it. And it wouldn't be multiplayer. Oh yes.

That would be too cool for words my friends.

EDIT:

Oh yes. My love.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I have no idea where these specs came from, but these are supposedly the real deal:

Hardware:
1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
6. Detachable 20GB drive
7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
- 2 hardware threads per core
- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
- 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
- 500 MNz
- 10 MB embedded DRAM
- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines
- unified shader architecture

Memory
-512 MB GDDR3 RAM
- 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth
- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio
- Mulitchannel surround sond output
- Supports 48khz 16-bit audio
- 320 independent decompression channels
- 32 bit processing
- 256+ audio channels

I don't understand too much about specs, but from what people are saying on message boards, they're great. The biggest thing I've been hearing people say is "What are they going to do with 48 pipelines in the graphics processor?!"

The only thing I notice odd about that list is the harddrive. In all the pictures, it features a 40GB harddrive, perhaps there will be multiple size harddrives?

Lastly, there is suppose to be two versions of Xbox Live now. Silver Edition is free, everyone gets it. Gold Edition costs money but you get more features. The stuff on it isn't really too clear, they make it sound like if you have Silver Edition you can only play Live on the weekends.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Will Poole, Microsoft VP, confirmed on Wednesday that the controller of the Xbox 2/360 will be compatible with Microsoft’s next operating system, Longhorn. Just how it will be used on the PC has yet to be known.
WTF?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just a little more info on Perfect Dark....

Among the "like, over 22" weapons discussed were the standard grenade launchers et al, a gun that makes players invisible, (RCP guys?) and "any kind of thing that your trigger finger would feel comfortable shooting." One gamer goes on to detail what reps were calling "jetpacks," but they sound more like personal flying vehicles.
This unnerves me a little. Hopefully it will be implemented well, and used not too often. This isn't UT.

Respawn points will be selectable, implying that gamers who die in combat won't be stranded on the other end of the map in team-based games, as is the case in such games as Halo 2. Instead, players will be able to choose from a selection of points, letting players jump right back into the fray instead of hoofing it across the map.
About time. This was the one thing that bugged me with PD's Co-op. Good to see it's been fixed.

The most interesting detail of Perfect Dark Zero dealt with the integration of the rumored EyeToy-like camera into the game. According to the gamers, one participant had her entire body scanned by a camera-like peripheral, and the image was used as the player's in-game avatar in the multiplayer mode.
I see they're still trying to do that. Now with the game camera, it looks like they did it. Hopefully it'll turn out beter than the 64 attempt.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
mic, vehicles are one of the things that made Halo such a huge success because no other console FPS games had them, PDZ will have them, I guarantee it. The jetpack thing confuses me a little bit, I can't picture it in a game like Perfect Dark (mostly closed tight corridors)... but Halo (lots of large, open areas) I can. This game is gonna have a ton of Halo influence...

Supposedly Microsoft and Rare are going to raise the bar with how many people are supported online, too. Of course "raising the bar" could simply mean for consoles, but even Delta Force: Black Hawk Down is going to have 50 player multiplayer on Xbox in a couple months... so will we see over 50 player matches? We'll have to wait and see.

edit: The 22 weapon thing concerned me at first, seeing as PD had 44 weapons (don't quote me on that, GameFAQs is where I got the number from), but supposedly it was 22 weapons in the demo and the final game will have much more.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cashed
mic, vehicles are one of the things that made Halo such a huge success because no other console FPS games had them, PDZ will have them, I guarantee it. The jetpack thing confuses me a little bit, I can't picture it in a game like Perfect Dark (mostly closed tight corridors)... but Halo (lots of large, open areas) I can. This game is gonna have a ton of Halo influence...
Yeh, but I want Perfect Dark. Not Joanna in Halo. Although, the hoverbikes were fun. Very handy in the big snow level.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
On the subject of the XBox, I think the console looks pretty ****ing awesome. Yes, even the controller. Especially the controller. I think it's great that more and more hardware is going white. The greys and blacks get boring after a while.

I've never played Perfect Dark. I missed out on that generation altogether, actually, except for my neighbor's N64. I've since caught up somewhat through slightly illegal means, but I haven't got around to PD yet. An FPS probably wouldn't play too well with arrow keys anyway.

Back to the Box, I don't think I'm going to be getting it right away. I'm probably not going to get any of the consoles until the Revolution comes out. Not because I want to buy it first, but because it'll probably come out at a lower price and force the other consoles to drop along with it.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Mediocre
On the subject of the XBox, I think the console looks pretty ****ing awesome. Yes, even the controller. Especially the controller. I think it's great that more and more hardware is going white. The greys and blacks get boring after a while.

Looks pretty off-white with some ugly dark gray to me. I love white - iPods looks great, the white DS looks great. But this isn't white. This looks like my old pair of ski boots from the 70s (and I am not kidding, it's almost exactly the same colour).

But hey, to each his own...

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
I love the fact that someone said it played a lot like TimeSplitters, which is good news because to me TS was one of the best shooters since PD64.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer

I find the controller to look a lot better in this picture. The thing on the back looks like a battery place, seeing as the vibrators are in the controller prongs. Looks very comfortable, though. And as you can see, the logo does light up when the system is turned on.

New game announced: Ninty-Nine Nights, a massive medieval action game. It'll be published by Microsoft in Japan.

DOA 4 is coming too, but it's unclear if it's a current Xbox title or an Xbox 360 launch title. The screens look to have close character models to DOA Ultimate for the Xbox, but the textures on everything looks of better quality... so we'll just have to wait till E3 I suppose.

Reminder to anyone interested, too, the MTV Event airs tonight at 9:30 PM, 8:30 PM Central

edit: From a Danish Magazine (Not sure of the name, just grabbed this off GameFAQs):

One of the biggest problems with the original Xbox when it was launched back then was the size. This is not a problem with the new console, since it's about the same size as the original, black Playstation 2. The design is the result of a collaboration between the sculptur Jonathan Hayes (he works at Microsoft) and an american and japanese design company. There have been more than 20 different prototypes of the Xbox 360's design. But they ended up with the machine we've already seen on the net. An interesting thing about the design is, that there are no screws on the machine, and the front can be taken off and you can add your own personal touch to the machine.

Microsoft promises that there will be several machines on show at E3 this year. The company even mentions, that they'll even think about making fronts for the Xbox with Halo 3, Perfect Dark Zero and Project Gotham 3 themes. Xbox 360 can stand upright or lay down without any extra equipment. You can also tell, that Microsoft is happy with their current joypad (Controller S), because the new joypad will be largely the same. There's no memory card slot now, though, so it'll be slightly smaller, although the shape and the buttons will remain the same. The black and white buttons have been moved up near the shoulder buttons. The big button in the middle of the joypad is something completely new - It's called "The Ring of Light". It indicates what controller you have in your hands, and if you have gotten new Live-invitations over the net. You can change between you game and Xbox live at any time, without any delay.

There has been wireless controllers for more than 10 years - Developers like Joytech, Madcatz and Logitech have used it. They've been here since the 16-bit era. But this is the first time that a console manufacturer has decided to use wireless controllers from the start. The joypad in the Xbox 360 has a rumble feature where you can choose how strong the rumble will be, if you wanna save battery power. The 2 rechargeable AA-batteries lasts very long, and can be recharged in the consoles USB-ports. The future is wireless.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
It does look wireless. The circle in the center might be the channel switch, but I hope not. We do need more then four channels, especially when it comes time for a LAN party. Other then that, it looks good.

Is that the actual DOA4 screenshot? One of the girls is mostly clothed! No, it can't be an actual DOA screen.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
That Jetpack is either going to make or break PD Zero IMO.

But otherwise it looks great.

And ****, who knew TO could make such a good catch.

But we all know the one question they're dodging.

"Does it have backwards compatibility?"

Another Note: Johnathan better be in it. He was the coolest character in that game.

Top Bottom