• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I forget if I have a tag name, but just look for Dominic Marasco on Skype. Location Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Mine is Zigsta_film. I don't find PT fun to play anymore, but I'm more than willing to help anyone out.

:phone:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Bigman40215 is me =D I'm on skype all the time when I'm at my computer. Add me whenever, but make sure you let me know who's messaging me.

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, been so long... Remember me? What's new in the PT game?

EDIT: Oh, skype, nice. Mine is lucas_irineu. I think. If not, look for Lucas Irineu.

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
anyone talking about Wii 2 and what that might mean for a new Smash Bros? Do you think we will get it? If so, what do you think our chances will be on a new PT character? Do you think they will also keep Trainer Red? If they don't keep Red, do you think Charizard or any of the other Pokemon will be stand alone characters like Pikachu? Charizard won that Best Pokemon award at IGN where he beat out all the other 500+ Pokemon for top spot. Do you think he will make it to a Smash 4 if he doesn't come with Red?

I would hope Red does come back and they just have an alternate character that you pick Zelda/Sheik style, but you don't switch in the fight to another Trainer, you just pick one and go with it and those Pokemon. I would hope they become creative on making those spots.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
anyone talking about Wii 2 and what that might mean for a new Smash Bros? Do you think we will get it? If so, what do you think our chances will be on a new PT character? Do you think they will also keep Trainer Red? If they don't keep Red, do you think Charizard or any of the other Pokemon will be stand alone characters like Pikachu? Charizard won that Best Pokemon award at IGN where he beat out all the other 500+ Pokemon for top spot. Do you think he will make it to a Smash 4 if he doesn't come with Red?

I would hope Red does come back and they just have an alternate character that you pick Zelda/Sheik style, but you don't switch in the fight to another Trainer, you just pick one and go with it and those Pokemon. I would hope they become creative on making those spots.
I've heard nothing positive concerning a Wii 2 and/or Smash 4 =/

T-block

B2B TST
where have you been bomber? o.o

google "project cafe" and "smash brothers strife"

the console has actually been confirmed... i don't think strife is confirmed yet though?

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they would allow any fan input. I still want Red to come back. Even though there are some other interesting Pokemon, I just think a secondary team is the way to go and give a variety in the matches. Especially in PT dittos. Or what they could do is have a Pokemon mini-game where you explore Space Embassary style and search for Pokemon you actually want and after capturing them, you customize your Brawl team. That would give just what you want to variety, and the moves are already pre-programmed in each Pokemon. I don't know how they could do that, but it would be kewl. Doesn't have to be a huge or even full cast, just a small sampling. No Legendaries allowed in that though.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
$1 million MM at the last GTA tournament.

Oh wait you didn't show so I'm the superior player.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
A wild Eevee has appeared!

Edit: Good news, my first tournament will be on July 30th. So far they've gotten about 40 entrants for Brawl. I'll try my best to make it out of pools.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Lol why are they doing pools for a 40 man tournament....smh

I don't think Ive ever had to worry about that in an Atlantic north tourny

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Idk, I think it's because they are expecting more people. Personally, I hate pools. Last time we did them it was bad. OK, I take that back. We tried Swiss Pools (at LasT 3) and not Round Robin. That caused only a 30 man turnout the next year (LasT 4 and at that time when I was taking care of my dad), which wasn't even half of what we had when we tried Swiss. In the past, we've had pools for 40 man tournies (not the big ones), and it was purely to accurately place people in brackets, however, knowing this tournament, it's to make the bracket smaller and knock out the smaller guys like me who have no skill. Like I said, I will be fighting to survive pools and I will be fighting to get a place in the bracket. Even if I get last place in the bracket, my primary goal is to make it out of pools. Though I will admit, I'm just assuming the pools for this tournament are to make the bracket smaller, I don't know what -Ran has in mind. I'm hoping it's just to place people more accurately in the bracket. I will totally be coming in as the underdog in this, but I don't care, I'm fired to up see how well I'm going to do after all this time riding on no practice and at least a year without me actually playing competitively and playing with that desire to win.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Lol why are they doing pools for a 40 man tournament....smh

I don't think Ive ever had to worry about that in an Atlantic north tourny
Well, seeing as how it's difficult for some areas to break 20 entrants (AL definitely being one of them), people tend to look at 30+ as a bigger deal in those places. I still think it's a waste of time and effort unless seeding is necessary, but...

Top Bottom