• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Bomber7

Smash Hero
so I found out today from my friend that there will be a new Pokemon movie coming out sometime for HG/SS. Ash heads back to Johto. lol, I can only see myself watching it for the Johto. I hope Johto ***** Ash back home to
Cerulean
Pallet Town.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Lol don't you mean another Ivy's dtilt?
no way man, stand on a platform

avoid ivy usmashes that way too. ******.

also

Toby. (3:54:48 AM): mom feels a bit bloated to me
Toby. (3:54:53 AM): BUT ANYWAY

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Does anyone have Phantasy Star Zero? I wanna Wi-Fi with mah PTs!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I say go for it, Magik! If it really sucks you can always take it down, haha.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just watched it--I loved your intro, Magik! It was hilarious and creative to boot. I also thought you introduced your Squirtle and Ivysaur segments well, but the Charizard segment introduction was kinda WTF for me. I'm assuming you were hinting to Charizard being mad that Gary has more badges than Ash at the time. Since you had video introductions from the anime for the previous two Pokemon, it would have been cool to have a similar one for Charizard.

Now as far as the clips go, they were enjoyable to watch. Loved the Snakeee and Esca parts in particular. When I saw the Squirtle upthrow kill on RC, I'm not gonna lie; it reminded me of the BS KO on RC that T-Block had. :p Some of the matches were low quality, but that can't really be helped if you don't have your own capture card.

Some minor editing problems I saw could be fixed by picture-in-picture effects. When you showed the insert of the writing on the sign, it wasn't at the same size as the previous picture. Furthermore, the Squirtle intro segment was of a different aspect ratio. I'm not sure what editing software you use, but to fix that you'd just apply a picture-in-picture effect and then blow up the size of the image. If it looks too grainy, then you may want to alter the size of the first set of images instead.

Overall though, I enjoyed watching it, Magik. Good stuff.

T-block

B2B TST
I forgot Chris does a lot of this stuff. I'm gonna be asking you questions while I make my second one, kay? =x

I liked it Magik. Don't sell yourself short - it wasn't bad at all. It helps that your clips are all soooo **** too.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
has yet to make highlight vid of self, yet still cant >.> no recording equipment and no moola/desire to buy equipment anymore. maybe later. just not this year.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Chris, we need to make a team combo vid together.... just gotta get together sometime and get some good combos in to make the vid is all :chuckle:
You'd need to actually show up at a tournament! :p I'm in Louisiana until January 18th, so I'm sure we'll meet up sometime.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You'd need to actually show up at a tournament! :p I'm in Louisiana until January 18th, so I'm sure we'll meet up sometime.
I got life johns like you don't even know :p

if not this christmas break, definitely summer.

lol My aunt thinks she will work me to death this summer ha. I'm not going to have all school/work and no play. I will get my free time and it will be suffice.

anyway, I think I'll just mess around on my wii and play brawl for a while. Not like my skill with get any better playing it but not like it will go any lower.

lata gata

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll be in Louisiana for the first few weeks and the last few weeks of the summer. The rest of the time I'll be living in Los Angeles.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll be in Louisiana for the first few weeks and the last few weeks of the summer. The rest of the time I'll be living in Los Angeles.
tch, man you are going to get alot of exp from California. They are like texas when it comes to their smash community. Between this board and Toon Link's it's like "wtf? I have to go all the way to Cali just for a match?"

Look up a guy named SasukeBowser when ya go and give him a beating for me. He's in SoCal. >:)

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Exactly why is there such controversy over the relative effectiveness of the different Pokémon in general? Most people think Squirtle's the best (although I've seen otherwise), most people think Ivysaur's the worst (although I've also heard Charizard is the worst).

To me they all seem to have pros and cons.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Of course some of the pokemon are better than each other, its only natural. My opinion is that Charizard is the best, but it gets a little bit hazy about who is the worst for me. To me if you only play ivysuar for half a stock he can be better than squirtle. There is the obvious gimpability of ivysuar, i cant ignore that, but it rarely happens at low - mid percents. So for me its charizard >>> ivy low - mid percent > squurtle >>> ivy high perent

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i am pretty sure we will never know exactly how good each pokemon is, for a variety of reasons

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Exactly why is there such controversy over the relative effectiveness of the different Pokémon in general? Most people think Squirtle's the best (although I've seen otherwise), most people think Ivysaur's the worst (although I've also heard Charizard is the worst).

To me they all seem to have pros and cons.
Yeah but that's like saying that tiers don't exist and that the game is balanced, when it clearly is not.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Everyone needs to go see Avatar. Just got back from the midnight opening.

AMAZING.

Asa

Smash Hero
Avatar kinda looked weird in the previews..

Are there any PTs going to Tourneyplay 4?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Actually Magik,

I'm all about gimping Ivy at low percents.
That's the entire point of ****** Ivy early.

Marth: HI IVY!
IVy: NOOOOOOOO

Fthrow -> Fsmash
OMG YOU CAN'T EVEN GET TO THE GROUND BEFORE MY LAG IS UP AND I CAN JUMP TOWARDS YOU AND FAIR.
FAIR!
YOU HAVE NO OPTIONS EVEN IF YOU AIR DODGE
FAIR!
OFF STAGE
FAIR AGAIN
EDGE HOG.
Ultimate victory.

MK's dthrow has a similar effect from low to mid percents =).

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Yeah but that's like saying that tiers don't exist and that the game is balanced, when it clearly is not.
I know that some Pokémon are better against certain characters and not very effective against others, but it seems that, overall, they're pretty balanced.

Asa

Smash Hero
i'm considering going to tourneyplay4
yeah definitely consider it and convince superboom and killock to come

speaking of which, superboom killock and karaudo are coming to a bc tournament in march. you should come too!

Top Bottom