• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP7: The Stuff of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
But if you improve their lives, you'll just be robbing them of their culture! Western oppression!

God, i hate "cultural sensitivity" like that.

Official WWYP thread will be up tomorrow.
This belongs in the debate hall.

But I can't be bothered.

-_-

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Having terrible luck with the comp, aren't you, Jam? I'd consider using snail-mail since technology is failing you on a weekly basis.
Yeah,I'm posting from school right now. If people give me their addresses I'll mail them the reviews if they want them that badly! ;)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I guess I'll set the deadline.

Last week in August.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Sunday, February 23, 11:59 PM CST sounds about right to me.

virgie said "next weekend," so i can only assume that they want the whole weekend. if i were a judge, i would expect the whole weekend.

M.K

Level 55
Woah, I absolutely love writing. All of my teachers exclaim about my writing ablilties, and when I got the perfect score on the North Carolina Writing Test, I was so happy! I dream of being a Smash Writer

But...6000 words....holy moley! I just wrote a 1100-word essay on Galileo Galilei for Astronomy Class, and that was enourmously long. I guess if I had learned about this sooner, I could have worked on it over a longer period of time. Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk, what's done is done.

Good luck to all the entrants!

raul

Smash Lord
Sunday, February 23, 11:59 PM CST sounds about right to me.

virgie said "next weekend," so i can only assume that they want the whole weekend. if i were a judge, i would expect the whole weekend.
Yeah, that does make sense. Give them as much time as possible to make a good decision and of course really read everything.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah, that does make sense. Give them as much time as possible to make a good decision and of course really read everything.
And enough time for me to come up with the bribe money.

EDIT: Woah, Tom and I have the same amount of views on our entries at the time of this post. 147 each.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, I've reviewed all stories. I just need to scan and upload them now, so stay tuned.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Jam for President x2

Hey, WOAH, 30 mb? Um...I think I'll wait till I get to work before I download it.
But I reeeeeely want it... T_T

Fawriel

Smash Master
Jam, that review ranks among the nicest things I remember anyone saying to me. You didn't just want to make me feel better, did you?
Structure really is my weakness, though... when I imagine a story, I only get ideas for specific "scenes" and the general idea I want to convey with it all. With this story, I had a pretty clear idea of the beginning. Other than that, I just knew I wanted to build up to a twist where the character has an epiphany regarding the fact that he shouldn't write to please the audience, but to tell a story he truly believes in. So, after I gave myself about 2 hours to write it all, it's no wonder that the quality of everything inbetween the beginning and end... varies.
That's why I'll try to start a webcomic with a co-author, to get an idea of how to write a story with some structure while still keeping open what happens between beginning and end.

As for missing the point of the prompt... well, I guess I can only repeat that the story could be seen as a struggle to "find" a story, but oh well. If my entry's disqualified, that's fine, too. It's not like I have any right to win against all those elaborate stories by experienced authors anyway, so as long as I get some feedback, that's fine.
That reminds me that I was still going to IM raul...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Jam: The victim's last name was Wallace. Matthew's last name was Wallace. It was suppose to be his wife.

No one seemed to get it, which means I did it very wrong, but something heard on a phone call could mean it wasn't real. A thing I was trying to get was a sense of not knowing what really happened and what didn't, but eh. It was suppose to be longer, but I cut it down due to word length. Turns out I still had 2k words left I could use, so I could have expanded quite a bit anyways.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Fawriel- A co-author can help, but the best way for you to improve is to read and write on your own. You obviously have the talent, now you just need the practice.

Eor- The judges usually give alot of leeway regarding word limits. I know, I habitually abuse them ;). I think it's better to write a story that's too long (word limit wise) than too short.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
its not text, its our stories printed and scanned in with red pen corrections

Jam, you were dead on the money with my critique =/ it wasn't the story i wanted to write, but i couldnt think of a way to continue the one i had in works. i guess it showed

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
its not text, its our stories printed and scanned in with red pen corrections

Jam, you were dead on the money with my critique =/ it wasn't the story i wanted to write, but i couldnt think of a way to continue the one i had in works. i guess it showed
Jus remember that I still love you Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom