• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP7: The Stuff of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

raul

Smash Lord
Hate to break it to you Pete, but Jam read mine before he read yours, because we experienced a relationship kin to that of Vulcan lovers, who telepathically communicate with each other in a manner similar to the Mind Meld.
Hate to break it to you Tom, but Jam actually wrote mine thus Jam already read mine....wait, am I disqualified now? (joking of course)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
He's right. 24 minutes from this post.

raul

Smash Lord
Unless Wikipedia, Blackadder or Pokemonmaster come through in the next 13 minutes, looks like the deadline was simply and extra day to edit. I hope someone posts another piece.

Screw it.

raul

Smash Lord
And now the waiting game begins. We've all rolled the diced and gamble, but whose gonna roll 7 and take home the cash, and whose going to roll snake eyes and get it taken away?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
whose going to roll snake eyes and get it taken away?
<<<<<<<--------------------------

I've been at work refreshing the wwyp forum all day hoping by some miracle I'd finish and come home in time to do some edits. (By which I mean a major revision).

No chance T_T

Oh well, best of luck to everyone >.<

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i would gamble Fawriel's piece rolls snake eyes.

hopefully im not overstepping my boundaries here. But I didn't understand it. at least i think i understood Matt's.

raul

Smash Lord
<<<<<<<--------------------------

I've been at work refreshing the wwyp forum all day hoping by some miracle I'd finish and come home in time to do some edits. (By which I mean a major revision).

No chance T_T

Oh well, best of luck to everyone >.<
I've been refreshing all day too. Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine Vyse.

So scores tomorrow morning, yes?
You want a pillow with that dream?

i would gamble Fawriel's piece rolls snake eyes.

hopefully im not overstepping my boundaries here. But I didn't understand it. at least i think i understood Matt's.
Yeah Matt and Fawriel. I got lost in their pieces. I talked to Fawriel about his a little and its not bad, but I dont get it. As far as Matt's goes, I think I just totally had a stroke when I read because when I was done I had no idea what happened so I had to read it again.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yeah Matt's a terrible writer, I heard he plagiarized everything from some kenny guy

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i didnt mean to say he was bad because it took me a while, if thats what it came across as seeming

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
If I don't hear a "No" in the next 24 hours, Mini-WWYP# is starting. And, to prove that I'm serious, you have 23 hours.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Yeah Matt's a terrible writer, I heard he plagiarized everything from some kenny guy
Stay tuned for the next episode, Halloween 2: The Invincible Suit of Awesome +6!

Expect 150% more drunkery the next time around!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, I'm printing out all your stories now. Expect to start receiving reviews in your PM boxes tonight or tomorrow.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm not going to lie. I got a solid 2/3 of the way through my story, when I decided it was crap and that I was not going to be able to salvage it. This prompt beat me into submission. I was looking forward to more freedom creatively, rather than leaning on existing stories. Guess I'll have to wait for the next >_<

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Pending some finalization from Virgilijus the MiniWWYP will start soon. Even though it's a Mini I hope it still has a fairly generous deadline. I figure, the day before Brawl comes out.

More info will be in the kickoff thread but basically, if you're writing any story that heavily involves the afterlife, whether it's set in it, or has characters from it, or trying to get to it or anything, you'll be fine to start now.

raul

Smash Lord
Pending some finalization from Virgilijus the MiniWWYP will start soon. Even though it's a Mini I hope it still has a fairly generous deadline. I figure, the day before Brawl comes out.

More info will be in the kickoff thread but basically, if you're writing any story that heavily involves the afterlife, whether it's set in it, or has characters from it, or trying to get to it or anything, you'll be fine to start now.
Very nice, I'm excited and should be entering this one, I hope.

As far this WWYP, how long before we get the results? 2 weeks? 3 three weeks?

raul

Smash Lord
This will be my 1st Mini-WWYP so it should be interesting to see how this one works and what the vibe is. I'm def into the prompt, but I have to find something good to write about.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
the mini wwyp's are basically the same as regular wwyp contests. they are usually just "mini" because they have only two judges (not canon, always welcoming more) and the prizes are less rewarding.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I think it's just going to be me and Redcell for the MiniWWYP.

Now I just need to get these current stories read.

Also, the judges are ranking the top 4 instead of five for this competition due to the number of entries being 7. And with that, I'm off to reading :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
In the meantime, Australia is saying sorry.

But the indigenous peoples demand actual compensation over symbolism, despite how genuine our new Prime Minister is.

Just though I'd throw it out there.
And lol, my story will be last in the 'To read' list because I posted it first and all the other threads are above me.

Blackadder

Smash Master
In the meantime, Australia is saying sorry.

But the indigenous peoples demand actual compensation over symbolism, despite how genuine our new Prime Minister is.
I still say it's pure BS that it took us 50 years to ever get 'round to saying "sorry".
Can't blame them for wanting compensation either. :ohwell:

Anyways, WWYP... I'm getting sick of not getting in, so with this afterlife Mini, I'm starting 30 seconds in. I'm already brainstorming ideas, si? If I seriously don't end up in this one, I'm ****** a kitten and eating it.

Oh, and then punishing myself. :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
vyse, when i judged, i printed them all out without reading them, stapled them together as entities, and then shuffled them up.

they didn't have names on them, even though i really could tell who wrote what piece through the style and because i saw some of the title/author pairs on the forum.

so you might not be the last read. sometimes people put off the shortest/longest 'til the end, sometimes people read them alphabetically.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Update: I'm almost finished with my wwyp entry (LOL), so once I finish that I'll start reviewing the submissions. You should start getting reviews on Friday. Everyone here has WinRAR, right? If not, get it before I send you your review.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
vyse, when i judged, i printed them all out without reading them, stapled them together as entities, and then shuffled them up.

they didn't have names on them, even though i really could tell who wrote what piece through the style and because i saw some of the title/author pairs on the forum.

so you might not be the last read. sometimes people put off the shortest/longest 'til the end, sometimes people read them alphabetically.
Lol, sweet...
Not that it matters to me.

@Blackadder: I agree, BS. But consider that after all this time, Kevin Rudd, in his first week in Parliament, has finally went ahead and apologised. The only way they could ever compensate it, is by improving the indigenous standard of life, not through any kind of direct payment, it just wouldn't work.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Australians apologize? Way to be civilized, hicks. You should be more like America, where we know apologizing is for *******. We even refuse to apologize for slavery!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Lol, sweet...
Not that it matters to me.

@Blackadder: I agree, BS. But consider that after all this time, Kevin Rudd, in his first week in Parliament, has finally went ahead and apologised. The only way they could ever compensate it, is by improving the indigenous standard of life, not through any kind of direct payment, it just wouldn't work.
But if you improve their lives, you'll just be robbing them of their culture! Western oppression!

God, i hate "cultural sensitivity" like that.

Official WWYP thread will be up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom