• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
I completely agree that Youtube's being stupid about this. They are hypocrites and if they just could learn how to have fun we wouldn't be here.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hopefully in around an hour from this post, you'll be able to watch SwordHunter and I view and comment on the next four Pokémon episodes (33-36) here:

http://www.stickam.com/smyn

An interesting look into how we watch episodes for WTFP!

Darkurai

Smash Master
Hey Youko, you're getting rather close to the infamous Porygon episode. Will you be doing that one?
Never really answered.
The "he did banned episodes" thing doesn't really hold up well here since that episode is even banned in Japan.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Never really answered.
The "he did banned episodes" thing doesn't really hold up well here since that episode is even banned in Japan.
I've confirmed with Youko that they ARE doing this episode, and even sent in a guest rant, soo... :p

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord

Darkurai

Smash Master
This should be interesting.

And I'm assuming that number one will be the scene that gave everyone seizures.

M.K

Level 55
Youko, as a strong supporter of SMYN and WTFP, I urge you (as a member of the back room) NOT to adopt the No-Tripping Hack Code as the tournament standard.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I watched Pokemon 2000 for the first time in about 6 years or so a couple days ago... screw "The World Will Turn To Ash", there was way worse:

Brock- I didn't know there were still Vikings around.
Ash- They mostly live in Minnesota
*epic facepalm*

lol, just HAD to post that here.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episodes 33-36 have been completed, but we're being hesitant with Youtube because we don't want to get into more trouble. We're trying to work with iTunes to get a video podcast going for the show, but this might take a couple extra days. Thanks for your patience!

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Just seen the new video. If you get it working, an iTunes podcast would be an incredible idea. I just got a video iPod, so WTFP on the move would be...dang, skippy. :)

Is this iTunes thing just gonna be for future episodes, or will episodes 1-32 be available too?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So far, feed production is going SWIMMINGLY. I'd hope for things to be iTunes-ready by sometime tomorrow. All episodes will be included.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, my iPod is dead, although I listen to music on my mom or dad's iPod all the time.

Just wondering, Youko, will these podcasts cost anything or not?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Podcasts are free to subscribe to. You can even technically just subscribe to the feed. But they're absolutely free.

And you have the best set of custom title/avatar/location ever, Baron. Just saying.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Does this mean we could see episodes longer than 10 minutes? Cause sometimes I feel Youtube's 10-minute time limit hurts the episodes a little.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
iTunes is free to download and an iPod is not required. An iPod helps to take the videos on the go, though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I've uploaded the video feed with all 36 episodes to iTunes. It shouldn't be too terribly long before I make a big announcement that we are finally on iTunes.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It might be a while before it's actually up. Again, I'll let you know when it's officially up.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
With all things considered, this might be the best. Youtube is getting more and more stingy about what kind of vids it has on it's site. Pretty soon, we might get lose vids that are video game walkthroughs and the like.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I hope it reaches iTunes soon. Revver absolutely hates me.

EDIT: Just watched episode 36.

colbusman's Who's That Pokemon part was amazing.

Top Bottom