• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Hey, Youko, what's the absolute latest that a guest rant can be submitted? If I remember correctly, next week is one that I definetaly have to try for, but I'm not going to get a decent chance to record a rant until monday. If absolutely necessary, I'll find a way to record it tomorrow, but would I be able to send it in on monday?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Your guys rants are the best. Even when i was young there were a few things that were like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....what? Still loved the show but lol some things seemed off......Keep up the good work!

Mewtario

Smash Ace
HAHAHA

Also, I was going to ask you on something

I downloaded a free 3D rendering software, Gmax, and hope to od something outside the tutorials, and I think the WTFP logo may be doable. I may be able to get the logo to rotate like what one may see in the lower corner of most shows. Here is how I plan on doing it:

Get an image of the logo in MS paint (I'm not sure which to do, so I would leave that to you guys)

The software allows me to use that as a background for me to work against to make it a lot easier

give a height demension to it (I may need to consult you about what to make this)

The software also doubles as a 3D animation software, so I can get the logo to spin 360 degrees in 12 frames

I take a screen shot of each frame with the picture background removed and put it in MS Paint and crop out the the logo alone with a black background

I also have a 12 fps 2D animation software, so I copy each picture into each frame until I have 12 frames full

I make it into a gif (as soon as I can figure out how, lol)

I upload it onto photobucket

I put it here along with the URL

Wala! A rotating WTFP logo that you should be able to use!

It would put 15 (16 if the conversion to gif requires a new file) files on my computer, and it may take some time, but I think it would be well worth it!

Darkurai

Smash Master
Just got done with episode 25.

Not just a footstool jump, BUT A FOOTSTOOL JUMP INTO A DIDDY KONG FORWARD B

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
Epic Win! This show is awesome cause when I was little I loved pokemon but even a couple of years ago I would re watch the episodes and feel as if they writers didn't know what they were doing. It's good to know I'm not the only one who believes this.

D

Deleted member

Both were full of win from Youko, fail from the show's producers.:bigthumbu

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Major attack of death! I'm not exagerating when I say that this 28th Episode was probally one of the, if not the best episode up 'till now. All of the points were pretty good and the way you put number 4 was absolutely great.

Mewter

Smash Master
You know what is a major flaw? Pikachu drinks soda. No wonder he's hyper enough to produce electricity all the time. This is shown in that one episode where Ash and Company have to cross the bridge to bring a shellder toa Pokemon Center Far away and They are attacked by bike riders who have a Golem.
Weird.

And another one is how Abra Suddenly evolves out of nowhere in the battle of Ash and Sabrina. Anyone else notice this?

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
And just how many more shout outs are we going to give Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series and it's creator? :p

Mewtario

Smash Ace
BULL CRAP DETECTOR FTW!

"Hophophop Town" sounds like the result of a translation error to me.

Also, the 3D logo was on hatius, but progess will now resume now that I thought of a way around the problem that paused it.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
It probably is. They were probably trying to find a way to explain why they were hopping like that, then came up with the idea of calling it hophophop town. which is really lame i might add.

M.K

Level 55
LMAO, did anyone else see the comment under Episode 26 of the guy who was like:

"You said "W-U-T-F" in the beginning. I thought it was "WTF" not "WUTF"! You should change that"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pika25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pika250
3DS FC
0173-1819-2264
LMAO, did anyone else see the comment under Episode 26 of the guy who was like:

"You said "W-U-T-F" in the beginning. I thought it was "WTF" not "WUTF"! You should change that"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
what was this guy thinking? the pronunciation of w includes pronunciation of u so that would sould like

"double-u U t-f"

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Youko, are you and Swordhunter planning on doing a WTF Pokemon of the first movie sometime?

Mewtario

Smash Ace
One thing I don't get about the first Pokémon movie, now that I think about it: Ash recieves 2 psychic blasts, and the result is... turning to stone? Last I checked, Mewtwo was trying to basically kill Mew, not turn it to stone, so if Ash recieves that as half the blast, shouldn't he be killed?

Let us remember, both the original and 4Kids use death, in 4Kids case, even when it's not nessecary.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I watched all the shows, and personally, I think this thread deserves more attention that it has now! Good stuff, Youko and Swordhunter! +30,000 exp points.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
WAIT!

Are you going to do the beauty pageant episode from Japan? Please do!!!

I will seriously crap my pants when it comes to the part when James put on the fake boobs XD

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Can we expect episodes this weekend, Youko, or will there be none since SMYN was this week?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm working on them, but they might be a scoch late because of SMYN...

Mewtario

Smash Ace
By the way, thanks for giving me the image of the logo in a black brckground. Seems to make it easier to work with.

With the exception of the 2 bottom corners, the outline is almost complete. I hope to show what it looks like when the outline is complete.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but I have an announcement!

The outline of the 3D WTFP logo is complete!

You can see by the view of a wireframe version of the model's front (labeled "front") that I used the image I was given as the background, and moved the verticies of a box over it.

The view labeled "perspective" shows how the model REALLY looks (as a solid object, not a wireframe)

Coloring will come later. for now, we can just look at how cool the outline looks.

Next step is to make the outside frame, which I already did a good amount of!

(By the way, for those interested, the view with the label covered up by "Main Tool Bar is labeled "top")

Top Bottom