• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever noticed "WTFP FTW" is a palindrome?

Love the show! It makes me rofl so hard! My favorite mistake was probably #1 from episode 1, which was the 53 mispronunciations of "pokémon" do to the sheer number of times they screwed it up!

Also...

Sorry that you're sick, Youko. Get well soon!

M.K

Level 55
Youko, you go to University of Michigan? I'm gonna be there this week for a diving competition! Awesomeness.....

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Kinda at home for the summer. But if I WERE there, I'd be flexible if you REALLY wanted some sort of penmanship on my behalf...

GOOD LUCK at the competition though!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I can sympathize, Youko. I pretty much work nonstop during the summer so that I have more time for schoolwork and other stuff the rest of the year. Not to mention that with gas prices as high as they are right now, I can't afford to NOT have one.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering, are we gonna get 23 and 24 during this week or will it be pushed toward the coming weekend? More importantly, are you already well enough to work on the show again?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm just wondering, are we gonna get 23 and 24 during this week or will it be pushed toward the coming weekend? More importantly, are you already well enough to work on the show again?
Stop being so greedy. Is the show the only thing you care about?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It's a question out of curiosity, I'm not having hard feelings or whatsoever towards them. Like I said, I was just wondering. And if you read my post again, you see that I ask if Youko is getting better too.

XACE-K

Smash Master
It's a question out of curiosity, I'm not having hard feelings or whatsoever towards them. Like I said, I was just wondering. And if you read my post again, you see that I ask if Youko is getting better too.
I looked at my post again and I see that I forgot to put down (sarcasm) at the end. I meant it as a joke but forgetting that made it sound serious. My bad.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Lol, that's what I absolutely hate about the internet: trying to figure out when somebody is being sarcastic and when they are serious >_<

EDIT: Wow, I spend my 1000th post to say that :D

XACE-K

Smash Master
Lol, that's what I absolutely hate about the internet: trying to figure out when somebody is being sarcastic and when they are serious >_<

EDIT: Wow, I spend my 1000th post to say that :D
Wow, that sucks. Also are you feeling any better Youko?

Deception

Smash Ace
I see that you added episode 23. Great episode, but you didn't episode 24. I find this strange since you usually post 2 episodes at once. Will you be posting the video later today, or later this week?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It's almost finished finalizing, just give it a couple hours.

EDIT: Both are now out, actually. Enjoy.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I'm shocked and stunned that you forgot to mention that, um, Team Rocket kinda fell TWO HUNDRED FEET, hit the ground so hard that they break through the concrete, and survive without a scratch. That's what I expected #4 to be, not Haunter giving Jessie the finger.

Other than that minor rant, 5 stars. Glad to see WTFP back.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wow, I'm shocked and stunned that you forgot to mention that, um, Team Rocket kinda fell TWO HUNDRED FEET, hit the ground so hard that they break through the concrete, and survive without a scratch. That's what I expected #4 to be, not Haunter giving Jessie the finger.

Other than that minor rant, 5 stars. Glad to see WTFP back.

As much as we would have liked to have that be the primary flaw, a lot of people have given this complaint about certain aspects of the show:

"BUHHHHH, it's a cartoon! Cartoon logic is different than real-world logic! DURRRRR."
i.e. People surviving disastrous real-world occurrences, etc.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Omg guys, I lauged so hard when you pointed out that Brock has a spiky skull! That's just ridiculous, why did the writers actually come up with something like that?:D

Mewtario

Smash Ace
HA HA HA!

I remember hacking Pokémon Stadium with Game Shark so that after a pokémon fainted, Player 1 would send out another pokémon, then bring it back for the first one and the HP would be EXPONENTIALLY HUGE! Like 10,000's HP huge! And Recover killed the pokémon until the next time it was sent out, and only it could kill itself, and it took AN ETERNITY, like around 30 minutes for its health to drain when using Self-destruct or Recover!

And that was recent because my N64, GS, and N64 games are all in great condition!

(of course, my Game Shark was bought within the last 2 years, but still, everything else is authentically old!)

"BUHHHHH, it's a cartoon! Cartoon logic is different than real-world logic! DURRRRR."
i.e. People surviving disastrous real-world occurrences, etc.
Cartoon? THIS IS ANIME! *kicks Youko into a pit where he falls 200 feet, hits the ground so hard that he breaks through the concrete, and survives without a scratch* :p

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
LOL, If I really wanted to rant on it, I would have sent it in (Which I was planning to, but my sisters Birthdays got in the way). If worst comes to worst, I'll just make a video reply to the vid with my rant.

Mewtario

Smash Ace
I have a similar issue with the 1997 movie "Titanic".

Soooooooooo many historical inaccuracies, and that's not counting Jack and Rose! I can post a few rants if you want.

Keep up the good work with WTFP, guys!

D

Deleted member

LOL, Footstool Jump!

I'm about to watch Episode 26. Glad you pointed out the hat.:)

EDIT:
Yes, they did.:(

Top Bottom