• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow, Mario Kart is better.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
Bells and whistles aside...

Brawl isn't laggy if your connection isn't ***. The difference is that Mario Kart, as well as most FPS games and the like, don't need to pause when someone's connection chokes. They can just keep on going without them with minimal fuss. Brawl simply can't get away with that.

But seriously, Brawl isn't laggy if your connection is good with the person you are playing with.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I have good connection but I still get lag and sometimes the really bad kind. As in, pausing forever until everyone decides to quit because that one person with a ****ty connection screws it up for everyone.

Roller

Smash Legend
The problem isn't my connection (i usually don't have any problem at all though). It's the people I play against (most people are fine though, it's just those few that really tick me off...). Plus, WTF is up with button lag? Thats the most ghetto online problem i've ever heard of.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
ugh

No, maybe its online is better ( not by much though- get a better connection).But the online mode is not what makes a game...

Even if there was 0 lag, it would be more fun to play in your house with some friends.
Additionaly

IGN-
Mario Kart- 8.5
SSBB-9.5

Blathazar

Smash Rookie
All racing games have little to no lag online. Mostly due to the fact that the Racers engine can predict a players movement/speed ect.

A fighter cannot do this

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
All racing games have little to no lag online. Mostly due to the fact that the Racers engine can predict a players movement/speed ect.

A fighter cannot do this
This.

It would be really crappy if Brawl thought I wanted my R.O.B. to do a d-air when I wanted to Up+B next unpredictably, eh?

In racing games, though, prediction algorithms take care of anything in-between.

Siamese Lizard

Smash Apprentice
were not talking about which game is better as a racing game, were comparing their online capabilities..
Still very stupid no matter how you look at it, one is a fighting game and the other is racing, the online will react different, I thought this was basic knowledge.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, I was better at Mario Kart battle mode, WAAAAY back in the N64 days than that guy...

Zek

Smash Ace
Mario Kart Wii definitely has far better online features than Brawl. The real problem with Brawl's online is the lag though, and it's a no-brainer that a racing game is going to play better online than a fighter.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Wow, Mario Kart is better...

...online than Brawl.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Kart's online will be better, but Brawl is the better game. I think Galaxy is probably better than Kart too. Still looking forward to it...the Wii Wheel will be interesting, and interesting to use while playing Brawl.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
LAG is not an issue here. there is nothing to discuss. what REALLY is bad is brawls total lack of anything remotely usefull as far as online play goes. sure "with friends" is great, but why even MAKE special brawl if you can't do it online. why MAKE custom stages if you can't do it online...

Finally. WHO DECIDED THAT EVERYONE WOULD WANT TO PLAY FREE FOR ALL 2 MIN MATCHES? WHO!? the game design choices with online are mind numbing. Next time get a person who knows what people want, not what they think is good....

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Kart's online will be better, but Brawl is the better game. I think Galaxy is probably better than Kart too. Still looking forward to it...the Wii Wheel will be interesting, and interesting to use while playing Brawl.
WRONG

Galaxy sucks. Its a game built for kids.

Mario Kart rocks. Its a game built for everybody.

Iwan

Smash Ace
haha...the topic is misleading...

Mario Kart's online is better, but the game isn't better from a competitive standpoint (or fun standpoint, imo).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Any game you can play as Toadette is one of the Best games. But any game you can play as Kirby is the Best game. <3

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is laggy no matter what type of connection you have. Don't be ignorant I can play every other wii game I have lag free and brawl is just **** compared to the rest.

WRONG

wow this is the most idiotic statement I've heard in forever. Video games were build for kids *******......Galaxy is an enjoyable game to anyones point of view (unless you are an adult that doesn't care for video games or just mentally handicapped)

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I'm a huge fan, and from little of online I've seen of Mario Kart, I'm very impressed. Especially with the Mario Kart Channel.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
I don't know why they took the little bomb dude out of battle mode..

you know, after you died, you could ride around as a little bomb and run into someone....

m'right?

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
But the online mode is not what makes a game...
I was under the impression that was Halo's selling point because it sure wasn't the single player experience.

From what I understand, there's an item switch for local multiplayer in Mario Kart, but you can't set individual items on or off, only the frequency. The graphics are kind of sad; I'm not looking for awesome graphics when I buy a game, but Mario Kart just drops the ball compared to Galaxy and Brawl. On the video at EB Games' site, Wario's bottom half is blocky as hell and looks like it's in an N64 game.

They also removed the ability to unlock things with 2 players in Grand Prix. They butchered the battle mode so you have to be on teams, removed the bombs you could race as, etc. And the roster sucks as well. More so than Brawl's if you were disappointed with Brawl's for any reason. Mario Kart features 4 baby characters (including baby DAISY of all things) while removing other characters like Petey. And with the addition of new items, the item spam is as bad as it was in Double Dash.

It's going to be fun, but it makes me appreciate the time Sakurai put into development for Brawl (even though I don't like what he actually did) because Mario Kart is a bare bones release.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
wow this is the most idiotic statement I've heard in forever. Video games were build for kids *******......Galaxy is an enjoyable game to anyones point of view (unless you are an adult that doesn't care for video games or just mentally handicapped)
Gears of War - Built for kids?

Resident Evil - Built for kids?

Hitman - Built for kids?

Halo - Built for kids?

Half-Life - Built for kids?

Unreal Tournament - Built for kids?

Doom - Built for kids?

Mortal Kombat - Built for kids?

Call of Duty - Built for kids?

I could go on, and on, and on, and on...

Think about what you said and try and work out why its completely wrong.

Then think about which one of us is right.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
ugh

No, maybe its online is better ( not by much though- get a better connection).But the online mode is not what makes a game...
Okay, so leaderboards and other features have nothing to do with it, got it, glad you're so omniscient
Even if there was 0 lag, it would be more fun to play in your house with some friends.
Additionaly
Opinion, but I generally agree.

IGN-
Mario Kart- 8.5
SSBB-9.5
Right, and IGN also says:
Melee- 9.6
Brawl-9.5

I guess that means you think Melee > Brawl like the people you keep arguing against, huh?
Think about these things before you post.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Oh wow, Battle mode brings back a whole lot of memories. Gaming was so good back in the Nintendo 64 days.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
I usually never lag when playing brawl online, if i ever do, its because of somebody elses POS connection..i put the Wii right beside the router and it 95% of the time works perfectly!

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
WRONG

LOL.

On a BRAWL forum you're saying a game sucks because it's built just for kids. How ironic.

And I found Galaxy to be an amazing game. It's really, really cool how all the levels are round, and the gravity switches and platforms really make your brain work at understanding the spatial aspects of the game.

Best101

Smash Ace
Gears of War - Built for kids?

Resident Evil - Built for kids?

Hitman - Built for kids?

Halo - Built for kids?

Half-Life - Built for kids?

Unreal Tournament - Built for kids?

Doom - Built for kids?

Mortal Kombat - Built for kids?

Call of Duty - Built for kids?

I could go on, and on, and on, and on...

Think about what you said and try and work out why its completely wrong.

Then think about which one of us is right.
Most of those are Xbox360 FPS games.

And how could you forget Splinter Cell? j/k I love those games though

Top Bottom