• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow I just played melee again, it is WAY better!

AlphaSparda

Smash Rookie
:laugh:I know what you're thinking, another noob who just played brawl for five minutes and just wants to vent out his complaints... Well I'm not that noob. I unlocked the full character roster and played countless battles on brawl wifi--sure it was fun, but it just wasn't great. So me and my friend tried to start playing melee again, and WOW. It was so thrilling, the speed was intense, and I could play WAAAAAY better than in brawl. In brawl I was just your top player, I couldn't ****--I was just good. But in melee I could just totally **** again.

I'm thinking on not playing that 50$ waste of money anymore. Seriously though, they will find more advanced things, but it will never be the full throttle that melee ever was. Sorry sakurai, you just downgraded the best game I have played in my life. Peace out, sticking with melee. :laugh:
Who cares?

Have fun playing Melee, just like all the kids who couldn't move past SSB64, Halo:CE, and Halo 2.

No one will miss you.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
I think he'll be lonely playing Melee sorry I wont be playing with you im gonna play brawl ;3

Meow-Mix

Smash Cadet
:laugh:I know what you're thinking, another noob who just played brawl for five minutes and just wants to vent out his complaints... Well I'm not that noob. I unlocked the full character roster and played countless battles on brawl wifi--sure it was fun, but it just wasn't great. So me and my friend tried to start playing melee again, and WOW. It was so thrilling, the speed was intense, and I could play WAAAAAY better than in brawl. In brawl I was just your top player, I couldn't ****--I was just good. But in melee I could just totally **** again.

I'm thinking on not playing that 50$ waste of money anymore. Seriously though, they will find more advanced things, but it will never be the full throttle that melee ever was. Sorry sakurai, you just downgraded the best game I have played in my life. Peace out, sticking with melee. :laugh:
They see me trollin, They hatin. :laugh:

Rash

Smash Ace
The OP can have his opinion. This place is a community and individualism is important.

This thread is still kind of pointless though. Is anyone else tired of the Brawl vs. Melee threads?

Just to add my own opinion, I think Brawl is superior to Melee not because of more stages, not because of more music, and not because of more characters, but because of balance. Playing the game just feels better now. Every character has depth and is fun to play, and the stupid tiers that were in Melee are completely nonexistant in Brawl. I just find the whole experience satisfying, and will have trouble going back to the less-perfect game.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I think he'll be lonely playing Melee sorry I wont be playing with you im gonna play brawl ;3
Yes because everyone who plays Brawl is always playing with someone else *rolls eyes* Brawl is catered for single player and lonely people with the additions of online and focus on single player. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people playing Melee at the moment. I also don't think he cares if your not playing with him.

Wrath`

Smash Master
hazz, you have to go back because you suck at brawl, wow that equals noob to me................

nintendo has your 50$, so do what you please

NukeA6

Smash Master
I was better in Smash64 than I was in Melee. Maybe I should've gone back to the old Smash when I had the chance :psycho:

Cookiez

Smash Ace
hazz, you have to go back because you suck at brawl, wow that equals noob to me................

nintendo has your 50$, so do what you please
Heh, it amazes me that someone with your post count still regularly spouts crap like this. If you read the OP's post and actually UNDERSTOOD it, he's not enjoying Melee more because he's better at it, only because Melee offers greater rewards for the time and effort put it, allowing him to use his talent to truely **** people who havn't tried as hard as he has.

When playing Brawl, the gap between the lower and higher ends of the Scrub -> Pro Ladder have been reduced drastically, meaning skill sets players apart so little that any n00b could theoretically do well, or at least not get destroyed by a pro.

What people need to realise, is that Brawl is catering for a DIFFERENT AUDIENCE. To quote HAT,

"And it's been happening with the entire industry. People have been dumbing down games so they can appeal to a less intelligent, less interested, [though wider] audience. CS:CZ and CS:S both have larger hitboxes and less recoil on most weapons. Halo 3 is a piece of cake. Assassin's Creed is a joke.

Why doesn't the community see Brawl as another one of these ******* children?"

Though i disagree with the fact that the audience are "less intelligent" per se, they are certainly on the whole less competetive, and less willing to put in time and effort to improve. The proof that Brawl indeed caters for this audience was provided in the form of tripping, which completely debunks notions that Brawl was intended for hardcore competetive play.

In short... Please read a little more carefully, guys >.>.

Ajax-

Smash Rookie
I don't blame software developers for making their games able to reach a wider audience. People need to remember that companies are first, and foremost, out for their own best interests.

If the game has a steep learning curve, it tends not to do well as the "masses" cannot just pick it up and play. Now, the OP's post (to me) came across as someone who doesn't like Brawl because the time invested in Melee doesn't translate directly over to "skill" in, well, Brawl.

It takes time to become skillful at a game, and Brawl hasn't been out long enough for the distinction to really be made between the "pros" and the "noobs".

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
By him making a topic about this, he wants people to talk about it. He wants this to be everyone else's business and topic of discussion.

Maku

Smash Apprentice
Ha ha thats cool.
Well he can have fun ****** in Melee..
That's something i can do anyday, anytime.
While im over here getting better at brawl and soon will be able **** in it.
He will still be ****** in Melee...
But me.... Before you know it I can **** in Melee as well as in BRAWL.
So have Fun!

Fletch

Smash Master
Ha ha thats cool.
Well he can have fun ****** in Melee..
That's something i can do anyday, anytime.
While im over here getting better at brawl and soon will be able **** in it.
He will still be ****** in Melee...
But me.... Before you know it I can **** in Melee as well as in BRAWL.
So have Fun!
Too bad it is insanely more difficult to get good at Melee than it is to get good at Brawl... And if you are any good at Melee it takes very little to no time to get good at Brawl.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Too bad it is insanely more difficult to get good at Melee than it is to get good at Brawl... And if you are any good at Melee it takes very little to no time to get good at Brawl.
Quoted For Truth.

And Maku, judging by your Post (and to some extent the words "Double Slash" in your sig) I highly doubt you "**** at melee".

Needless to say this is the crux of the entire thread. The OP, in a rather roundabout fashion was stating precicely what fletch has.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
I propose that we lock every opinionated topics about which games is better. What are you guys trying to prove if brawl>melee or vice versa. Are you trying convert people or something? Who care if you like or don't like brawl, play what you want and have fun regardless of the content.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Learning Curve has nothing to do with AT anyway... Learning Curve refers to the amount of effort it takes to play the game system to get the basics of the game down. Advantages Techinques and Stratgies usually come long after someone has gone past that curve.

Learning Curve wise... Smash in general is a easy game to learn the basics of.

D

Deleted member

I agree with this guy, the player roster on Brawl is SO FREAKIN BAD!!!

PeaCe

Smash Rookie
I agree with this guy, the player roster on Brawl is SO FREAKIN BAD!!!
How is it bad? They only removed Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu and Dr. Mario from memory. All of those characters, bar Mewtwo had a 'clone' (which is ironic because Mewtwo is a clone).

You're saying an expanded roster is worse? It's all the characters you had from the last game, with some more on top.

Besides, when it comes to the speed Melee has over Brawl, I think once we all get used to Brawl, it won't matter anymore, because the meta-game won't be about how many techs you can utilise, it'll have adapted to the new mechanics.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Valid point?!?! the guy is complaining about Brawl cause he can't beat in it.
admit it, you didn't read the posts.

I'm in no way bitter about being bad at Brawl, in fact I've been more dominate in Brawl then I ever was in Melee. One of my friends just recently made it to the semi finals of a large tournament at my school.

In melee I was pretty even with him or even better then him when playing with random characters. He mains Marth and I didn't do too well against his marth (or Roy) as Captain Falcon (my main in melee).

Now in Brawl he still mains Marth (and now Ike). I'm able to dominate him with my King Dedede and even with the nerfs on Captain Falcon I'm doing better then I did in melee against his Marth.

Fletch

Smash Master
When i played melee again my hands felt all weird, not used to it for a minute or so
Probably because the game actually takes some skill to play well... After playing Brawl, I went back to Melee and my I feel like I'm getting worse/less coordinated.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Probably because the game actually takes some skill to play well... After playing Brawl, I went back to Melee and my I feel like I'm getting worse/less coordinated.
You say that as if it's some kind of plague :laugh:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't doubt that it feels akward and like you have gotten worse at melee by playing it after playing Brawl. However, I don't agree with him implying that brawl doesn't take skill.
I wasn't referring to much about his comment more how it sounded when I looked at it

Fletch

Smash Master
I don't doubt that it feels akward and like you have gotten worse at melee by playing it after playing Brawl. However, I don't agree with him implying that brawl doesn't take skill.
I didn't mean that Brawl doesn't take ANY skill, it just pales in comparison to the amount that Melee requires... Brawl is a pretty simplistic game while Melee has near infinite depth.

Mama

Smash Ace
This guy sounds like a complete noob. Sure Melee takes more skill to play (at the moment.) and is therefore more competitive, but this guys reasons are all very very noobish reasons. This thread fails miserably. Go read Scar's thread and shut up.

TriviaGem

Smash Rookie
Towards OP: I disagree strongly with your opinion, but that's just me. However, Brawl still had its flaws, like a lack of a competitive atmosphere, but I also find that as improvement of sorts. When I played Melee, I felt very frustrated, since it was harder to win against a high-tier character like Marth with a character like Zelda, no matter who I played against. But in Brawl, characters are more balanced and even if I lost, I had fun and really didn't feel like throwing my controller to the floor in a rage after losing ten times in a row, because the competitiveness isn't there.

I have never been able to L Cancel, and never found a good use of Wavedashing. It looked more of a waste of a third jump to me, so I'm glad it's been cut out. But this is coming from someone who attacks head on and doesn't take advantage of the game's mechanics like shielding and dodging. :laugh: I may have strayed off-topic, sorry. Oh well, have fun with Melee. ^^

To fletch71011: what do you mean by "depth"?

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
So an argument based on the sheer fact that you can't compete like other people in Brawl. Going back to Melee means reverting back to many unbalanced concepts of the game, as well as other frustrating things that you might encounter (such as edge guarding frames being prominent for 2-3 seconds after character climbs back to the stage...) If you want to go back to the fast-paced, frustrating, and unbalanced meta game that is Super Smash Bros. Melee, be my guest. Just don't feel bad and play Brawl when you regret your decision, seeing as people on this thread have proved your decision invalid.

DanP828

Smash Rookie
Chrome Pirate doesnt suck at Brawl, but hes right!!! Brawl is a fun game but i doubt there will be as many techniques as they discovered in melee!!!Brawl gets old fast but melee's been around forever and is still an awsome game, and if they made a wifi version of Melee it would kick brawls ***!!!

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
Chrome Pirate doesnt suck at Brawl, but hes right!!! Brawl is a fun game but i doubt there will be as many techniques as they discovered in melee!!!Brawl gets old fast but melee's been around forever and is still an awsome game, and if they made a wifi version of Melee it would kick brawls ***!!!
How do you know Chrome Pirate doesn't suck in Brawl? Also, Brawl is a more interesting game than Melee; like I said, seeing how it's more balanced in terms of dynamics and character selection.

Top Bottom