• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow I just played melee again, it is WAY better!

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
ok 'top player'... have fun with melee.. Yes it is a fun game, but another one of these threads wasn't needed...
I agree with this comment. I mean we don't need to see Melee>Brawl threads everyday. We heard enough already.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
oh wow you unlocked the full character roster, which took you 7-10 hours srry bud thats not even enough time to fully understand any one character

Eggm

Smash Hero
I totally agree with the OP, except I am actually good at brawl, and don't like it cause I can ****, just cause its a better game and far less boring in general for competitive play.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
oh wow you unlocked the full character roster, which took you 7-10 hours srry bud thats not even enough time to fully understand any one character
Actually it only takes about 2 hours to unlock all of the characters and stages.

Anyways, he said he played a bunch of matches and decided he like melee more. Just his opinion, and frankly I think I agree. Right now brawl is fun because it is new, but I think melee is a better game still.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I like both games. They're separate games and personal preference goes a long way. I focus on Brawl because I have reason to believe it will be dominated the tournament scene. I had a discussion with my friend, honestly if Nintendo re-released Melee on wii but with just online play Brawl wouldn't have been as a big a deal to me. Seeing how things turned out, I'm all about Brawl.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I still think its funny how tons of people defending brawl are just PRAYING that amazing things are discovered soon and they can be redeemed. There are tens of thousands of people just trying to find out things to redeem the game over melee's amazingness, and frankly, i don't think they'll find what they're looking for. I hope they do, I honestly do want brawl to be amazing, but I'm not goona delude myself.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
:laugh:I know what you're thinking, another noob who just played brawl for five minutes and just wants to vent out his complaints...
No.. thats not what Im thinking... I just dont care...

Go play your ancient game.. I'll stick with brawl...

Really now... why the hell do you idiots think we care you prefer Melee to Brawl?

failtroll is fail.

@fluffy, I WANT to play MGS4. MGS3 was a great game (well actually, all 3 were) but sadly, I may never play it, because I will NOT buy a PS3. Anyway, /end tangent.

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
Troll successful.

OP has likely returned to /v/ and didn't bother reading any of your responses. GG Smashboards.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I want a PS3 for Ratchet & Clank. :(

If you want to argue that ~competitive~ gameplay mechanics and depth make a better game, then Melee is factually a better game.
I fix'd dat thur.

Though some casuals may still prefer Melee, they are definitely the very small minority, I'm willing to bet.

nutinurmacaroni

Smash Rookie
Brawl is better probably because all of you guys don't suck at it. It saddens me that all of you don't see Melee as the Elder. You respect your elders. Brawl is definitely a way of laughing in all of our faces.. S***ty gameplay, ******** graphics, childlike content, cheesy wannabe cool cutscenes.. I mean they held back the release date so many times, and you all just keep pouring them money. We should fire Nintendo (when you're late for work you don't get complimented anyways). Cmon how much lower can you go.. you guys can keep wasting your money for Brawl and keep playing it.. you all probably need some self esteem anyways. You know?

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I tried to play Melee today and it was difficult. I'm still good at it but not like I used to be. Brawl may have officially replaced it for me (but will play it every now and then like I do with SSB64)

_Green_

Smash Rookie
"******** graphics, childlike content, cheesy wannabe cool cutscenes"
...wow.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Brawl is better probably because all of you guys don't
suck at it.
Hey I will say this. BRAWL is better IMHO and guess what. I'm a ****ty player at it.

It saddens me that all of you don't see Melee as the Elder. You respect your elders.
We still respect melee. Where the **** have you been for the past year?

Brawl is definitely a way of laughing in all of our faces.
huh how?

S***ty gameplay,
****ty gameplay? I swear the mechanics are the same as every other Smash Bros. Press A to attack, B for Specials, Tilt+A/B for alternate moves, and Up B for Recovery.

******** graphics
Hmm if you are saying Brawl has retared graphics to melee, I suggest you looking at these

Ohh Nintendo is doing it's job. Brawl isn't the only game it works on.

AND BTW: Nintendo just publishes it. HAL laboratory and SORA ltd. are the ones who worked on it mostly.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It's easier to win in Melee, he obviously got ***** in Brawl, oh well.

Enjoy limiting yourself to an unbalanced game because you can dominate people by exploiting glitches!

One less noob on Wi-Fi, neat.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I'm surprised people are posting in this thread,this is what he wants you guys to do. Start arguments and write long post. He provoking you with his stupidity,and we don't need another "Melee is better than Brawl thread".

I just don't understand why you people wont just ignore him,seriously.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
It's easier to win in Melee, he obviously got ***** in Brawl, oh well.

Enjoy limiting yourself to an unbalanced game because you can dominate people by exploiting glitches!

One less noob on Wi-Fi, neat.
Yes, moves that Nintendo had instructions to do on their own site are so glitches [/sarcasm]

You know nothing about melee competitive play, admit it.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
i know this e-fight is important, but look at the pikachu pictures, where did his brown back-stripes go? D:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Yes, moves that Nintendo had instructions to do on their own site are so glitches [/sarcasm]

You know nothing about melee competitive play, admit it.
I could waste my time and write out something long and make you look stupid, but you aren't worth it so...

"cry moar." :urg:

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
I could waste my time and write out something long and make you look stupid, but you aren't worth it so...

"cry moar." :urg:
try me, anyone who belittles advanced techniques as glitches clearly doesn't understand their effects on competitive smash.

L canceling was in both smash 64 and Melee for a reason, it wasn't just a "glitch" that somehow managed to sneak its way into both games.

kr3wman

Smash Master
So tell me, Melee player... did your eyes burn from looking at it's horrible graphics for too long? :D
I just played SMB64 with another guy after 5+ hours of melee.

The change of pace, the sucky graphics and the 110%+ dmg combos were just hilarious. It was just...fun.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Sigh...

64 players still play 64.
Melee players still play Melee.
Brawl players are going to play Brawl.

Don't make the comparison, just play whatever game fits your style best.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I'm still not as good as I was in Melee at Brawl either but I played Melee for a solid 4 years. Brawl I've had for 13 days... obviously I'm not going to get as good in that short time frame. But I've already played about 50 hours worth of Brawl and my character skills are dramatically improving. I've actually started to do simple combo's a lot more frequently and have learned how to implement wavesliding into my Brawl game as well I'm definitely working on my Shield Grabbing, Air Dodging and counter attacking abilities. Brawl is definitely different but there is enough advanced stuff to learn to keep it interesting. I've far from polished my game skills but there is much room to work with and I will have years and years to get great at Brawl. It's fantastic.

Now I will still go back and play the other Smash games occasionally but Brawl definitely is a step up as far as I'm concerned.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
instead of making a new thread, I'll use this one to ask: when playing back melee for X reason, how did you find it?

I'm pretty much the same bad player, while one of my friends, wich doesn't wavedash anymore, simply sucks, one of my friends simply owned with the all powerful melee peach, and other friend wich got used to the amazing din's fire in brawl, was lamefully crushed in melee.

the only diference was the increased use of camping. Anyone noticed how twisted feels going back to melee? (helped a lot by the little graphical difference )

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
A $50 waste of money?

Dude, seriously. Give me your copy then. I'm sitting here Brawl-less OBSESSING over it.

Give me the game. Now.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
instead of making a new thread, I'll use this one to ask: when playing back melee for X reason, how did you find it?

I'm pretty much the same bad player, while one of my friends, wich doesn't wavedash anymore, simply sucks, one of my friends simply owned with the all powerful melee peach, and other friend wich got used to the amazing din's fire in brawl, was lamefully crushed in melee.

the only diference was the increased use of camping. Anyone noticed how twisted feels going back to melee? (helped a lot by the little graphical difference )
Melee might feel awkward for a match or two but I can quickly a efficently switch between Brawl, Melee and Original Smash and do well in all 3. All it takes is remembering what works in what game and reading the physics. What I find funny is that my knowledge of all 3 games has polished certain skills so I have a combined skillset that I would never have if I didn't play all 3 games extensively.

As for camping I'm pretty sure I was a far more agressive Melee player then Brawl one, I am still aggressive in Brawl but I approch a little more carefully.

Ajax-

Smash Rookie
Sculelos, I have no idea how you can go back to SSB64.

I try to pick up that game and the controller alone puts me at a 10+ handicap.

Top Bottom