• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow....7 months can make a difference

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I remember just months BEFORE the game came out. There was lots of spectations, little studying, and huge fandoms with Peach. Once the game came out, it was anyone's game. After about a month with brawl, we lost all of our Peach pro veterans. As a result, the Peach Brawl forums were filled with complete fanboyism. There was barely any intellegance in there. I'm serious, it was like Resident Evil status. XD

But now, some months later, the forum began to grow. People like Niko_K giving off nice AT, as well as NinjaLink and several others. It took some time, but there was finally some form of intellegance talking about Peach. Even now. there's a lot to study and talk about here.

Man...7 months can sure make a difference.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
For the record, I am not a fanboy. Thank you.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
On the optimistic side: Peach players is now a jewel to see in most tourneys.

I love seeing peoples reaction when I they say: ZOMG!!! You mainZ Peache's!!?!"

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
In the future, peach will make a come back. Seeing Light and Edreecespieces play inspires alot of people. So for all of you who still think peach is trash, hang tight. Peach is getting better and better with each passing month

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ninjalink posts here? Huh?
He doesn't really posts here. Like, right at the time when the veteran peaches stopped playing and Niko_K was giving us glide tossing, NinjaLink was helping out a bit too by showing us several other tricks like the dtilt -> turnip pull slide, 'float Land', and several other useful stuff.

EDIT: I'd paste the link here, but I'm on my wii due to my computer being down. Go to my profile, pick ' All threads that I made' and go to the one called 'Peach Techniques.' You'll see a list of what both Niko_K and NinjaLink contributed

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
On the optimistic side: Peach players is now a jewel to see in most tourneys.

I love seeing peoples reaction when I they say: ZOMG!!! You mainZ Peache's!!?!"
Yeah, isn't that the greatest? :) at PAX I was the crowd favorite as the only Peach player there and had an entire crowd rooting for me in finals. A thing of beauty.

It's dedication and time that makes the difference.

Gea

Smash Master
In the future, peach will make a come back. Seeing Light and Edreecespieces play inspires alot of people. So for all of you who still think peach is trash, hang tight. Peach is getting better and better with each passing month
Thanks Allan. Thanks.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Noooo! :)

Edrees nearly convinced Bladewise (top of WA PR) to switch to Peach. Knock it off Edrees. Too many Peaches means we don't get to be popular for playing an underused underestimated character that is way more awesome than she gets credit for anymore. xD

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Noooo! :)

Edrees nearly convinced Bladewise (top of WA PR) to switch to Peach. Knock it off Edrees. Too many Peaches means we don't get to be popular for playing an underused underestimated character that is way more awesome than she gets credit for anymore. xD
But the metagame will increase faster :p

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Peach is no easy character to be good with. I don't think you'll ever see Peach being common even if she is recognized as being good one day. It takes a lot of time and patience and suffering, moreso than other competitive characters.

And I didn't realize Ninjalink was here at first. You see I was one of the people who wrote Peach off at first, thinking she was crap =) (Hides in shame)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Peach is no easy character to be good with. I don't think you'll ever see Peach being common even if she is recognized as being good one day. It takes a lot of time and patience and suffering, moreso than other competitive characters.

And I didn't realize Ninjalink was here at first. You see I was one of the people who wrote Peach off at first, thinking she was crap =) (Hides in shame)
No need to feel bad. It couldn't be helped. Without most of the things that made her a threat in Melee, she was kinda laughed at. 'Oh look, her Dsmash got nerfed. We can take her on now.' lol.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Yeah!
I occasionally use the search function to browse the extremelly old and early Peach threads for the nostalgia feeling...
7 months already?! Wow.
Nostalgia? More like the cat fight this board used to be.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Nostalgia? More like the cat fight this board used to be.
That was only because EL's and Ryoko's logic against Dark Pch.'s logic. lol

My favorite was during the time when we was constantly looking at the smashbros.com site and stalking each update, looking for some sign as to see if Peach was confirmed. Then like, after she was confirmed, we was saying all types of information we saw in vids and pictures, trying to correct the other.

zippo074

Smash Cadet
haha, this happened with kirby, on spectator on wi-fi, every time I saw a kirby, it just ran around saying "Hi" and smashing people with hammers, and dropping on top of people with blocks. It really annoyed me. Then I took up kirby as a main, and pwnt all the little fanboys. :)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Rockin - Peach was confirmed to be in brawl the second we found out she was in Melee. That wouldn't remove a character so central to Nintendo from the game =) Infact Peach was planned to even be in Smash64. Nintendo likes her a lot. She even got her own game before Bowser.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin - Peach was confirmed to be in brawl the second we found out she was in Melee. That wouldn't remove a character so central to Nintendo from the game =) Infact Peach was planned to even be in Smash64. Nintendo likes her a lot. She even got her own game before Bowser.
I'm not sure I would call that Princes Peach a true Nintendo game considering the player have the power to control PMS at will XD

I do get what you mean though. Still, there was that self doubt you know. especially with Sakurai's threat that 'there would be some characters not making it in the game, definitly.' Also, I was hoping for Daisy to be a playable character, but I guess that would never happen cause she may be considered a 'clone' of Peach.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I do get what you mean though. Still, there was that self doubt you know. especially with Sakurai's threat that 'there would be some characters not making it in the game, definitly.' Also, I was hoping for Daisy to be a playable character, but I guess that would never happen cause she may be considered a 'clone' of Peach.
Did you really think of Peach when he said that?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Did you really think of Peach when he said that?
A Mix of yes and no. No because of the fact that this was Peach. She's been with Mario since the NES days. The part, yes, while still an idol, there could've still been reasons to have Peach NOT in there (so that way, Daisy may take her turn?) or the fact that I felt she may not have gotten much votes as to being back on the series. I mean, when you look at it, when you think of Pokemon (and I mean the OG people), the few things that comes to mind is

Pikachu
(that said favorite character of theres)
Jigglypuff
A somewhat popular legendary pokemon
MEWTWO

Those are the top 5 that usually comes to mind (IMO). Now, for some BS reason, Mewtwo gets replaced by Lucario, which a lot got pissed off of, considering that Mewtwo is an original character and the one that took his place stole SOME of his original moves (aura ball, for example). I dunno, Nintendo ****s up at times and sometimes gives some decent reasoning. Other times they **** up (like Mewtwo deconfirmed) is almost hard to not forget.

When I saw Peach standing with Zelda, Kirby, and Mario, I was a bit happier, but not satisfied that she's playable. 'What if she's just a background character?' Basically, my mind was this: Update of Peach's picture or it doesn't exist.

I wasn't being positive or negative about the updates. I was just being realistic so I wouldn't feel like an idiot.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Do you actually think about Jiggs when someone names Pokemon? I think it's just because of Smash. Jigglypuff was only "important" in the first season, just as Mewtwo, they could have gotten rid of her without a doubt. The thing is that she's one of the original 8. I don't think they'll get rid of those (unless the next Smash comes out for the next console).

I think you were being more negative than realistic, I really don't see a reason as to why Peach shouldn't have been in Brawl, it's like removing Luigi :p

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Do you actually think about Jiggs when someone names Pokemon? I think it's just because of Smash. Jigglypuff was only "important" in the first season, just as Mewtwo, they could have gotten rid of her without a doubt. The thing is that she's one of the original 8. I don't think they'll get rid of those (unless the next Smash comes out for the next console).

I think you were being more negative than realistic, I really don't see a reason as to why Peach shouldn't have been in Brawl, it's like removing Luigi :p
But everyone hates Luigi....the snake codec proves it... D:

really, I'm not sure. I knew for a fact that I was scared a bit around that time. I was so glad that she was confirmed.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Your kidding right?
it's not a copy it's much better she has a band,she has a shop so she can improve her power
it's so not copy and it's much fun then Yoshi's...
that aside, it was a scroller game with nice background and simple play action. Just like Yoshi Island. Sure, there was some obvious differances, but we're talking about the main thing.

It had nice music btw.Hopefully the next one will be more of a challenge...

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I remember just months BEFORE the game came out. There was lots of spectations, little studying, and huge fandoms with Peach. Once the game came out, it was anyone's game. After about a month with brawl, we lost all of our Peach pro veterans. As a result, the Peach Brawl forums were filled with complete fanboyism. There was barely any intellegance in there. I'm serious, it was like Resident Evil status. XD

But now, some months later, the forum began to grow. People like Niko_K giving off nice AT, as well as NinjaLink and several others. It took some time, but there was finally some form of intellegance talking about Peach. Even now. there's a lot to study and talk about here.

Man...7 months can sure make a difference.
If that avatar is who I think it is:urg::urg::urg:
That show gave me nightmares.

M@v

Subarashii!
This is pretty much the same story with fox...

Brawl comes out: "OMG, no broken shine anymore, FOX SUCKSSSSSS!!!!"=dead fox forums. Although we do have intelligent posters. Fox is still good, he just not broken anymore. Not too many fox mains have been noticable on the national tourney scene. Lucien is the biggest one...and he doesn't even main fox X_X.

cutter

Smash Champion
Funny; I was going through my timeline I constructed on the MK forums showing his rise from being the character that was "lolololol can't kill to save his life" when I saw this.

Once people found out FCing was gone, her Dsmash was unbelievably butchered, and her Fthrow was also nerfed most people abandoned Peach during the March-May era.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Funny; I was going through my timeline I constructed on the MK forums showing his rise from being the character that was "lolololol can't kill to save his life" when I saw this.

Once people found out FCing was gone, her Dsmash was unbelievably butchered, and her Fthrow was also nerfed most people abandoned Peach during the March-May era.
And don't forget about the double jump whining.

Though, I sticked to Peach, I'm nowhere near being Peach fanboy. In fact, I dislike her in the party games (except Brawl).

Peach is so fun to play as, that's all.

Top Bottom