• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you trade weight for power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamas11

Smash Cadet
Let's say that the reason that Sonic's knockback isn't as nice as others is due to his weight. Being a mid-weight with a great recovery gives him great surviving ability, which might be Sakurai's reason for having Sonic's knockback slighty lower than usual.

But if Sakurai asked the fans if they would rather have Sonic be a light weight (Let's say as light as Fox) with more knockback (Slightly lower than Fox's overall knockback power), would you want the change?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Sorry yamas11, really. Oh and the links don't work...

:sonic: I'm afraid that your question/and topic will not be answered because it is not necessary and this can be posted in another thread. Please always use the search function!
Post this in the right tread if you want results!

VVV Try the options below. Try the options below. Try the options below.VVV

:sonic:CLICK ON THIS!

:sonic:Want to get good?
Basic ways to get rid of bad habits.

:sonic:Want your Sonic rated?
The 'rate my Sonic' thread

Spamming or trolling?

REPORTED!

:sonic:Need a question answered or just advice on your play style?
The Sonic 'Self improvement' thread, plus your questions answered! FAQ

:sonic:Want to chat casually and about Soinc?
The Sonic Chat room! Everything Sonic!

:sonic:Want to know the differnce between side B and down B?Side-B and Down-B Mechanics: EXPLAINED + moar. [10/14: USEFUL SIDE-B MOVES ADDED!!]

:sonic:Do you want to fight someone over Wifi?
Official Sonic Wi-fi Challenge/Smack Talk/Post-game Discussion Thread.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Not a necessary thread, Brawl will always be as it is until we get hacked standards or Nintendo comes out with a new Smash game...

SonicX580

Smash Lord
No I wouldn't change yamas11, and Kinzer I do agree with you and I think instead of a new game it will be hacked because think about it how long did it take to make Brawl?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Let's say that the reason that Sonic's knockback isn't as nice as others is due to his weight. Being a mid-weight with a great recovery gives him great surviving ability, which might be Sakurai's reason for having Sonic's knockback slighty lower than usual.

But if Sakurai asked the fans if they would rather have Sonic be a light weight (Let's say as light as Fox) with more knockback (Slightly lower than Fox's overall knockback power), would you want the change?
If more knockback came with more priority, I would main this Sonic today.

Sonics biggest problem is KO-ability and priority. And light sonic would still be at least GW weight. For me, the trade-off is a no-brainer.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Why is every Sonic Mainer who posts here against a sonic with more power but less weight? If Sonic was lighter but could kill more easily, he would obviously be a better characer. There is no way Sonic would be any lighter than GW, but he wouldn't only be able to kill at like 150%+. Power issues > Weight issues in Brawl, otherwise GW, being second to Jiggs in lightweightedness, would not be able to overcome this weakness through having strong, powerful, high priority attacks, to end up being a highest tier character.

Sonic's primary problem is getting kills at less than 150%, after all. It seems like an extremely beneficial tradeoff.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Perfect example of why copypasta response are a bad idea. I don't feel it helped this situation at all.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Why is every Sonic Mainer who posts here against a sonic with more power but less weight? If Sonic was lighter but could kill more easily, he would obviously be a better characer. There is no way Sonic would be any lighter than GW, but he wouldn't only be able to kill at like 150%+. Power issues > Weight issues in Brawl, otherwise GW, being second to Jiggs in lightweightedness, would not be able to overcome this weakness through having strong, powerful, high priority attacks, to end up being a highest tier character.

Sonic's primary problem is getting kills at less than 150%, after all. It seems like an extremely beneficial tradeoff.
When it comes down to it, Sonic mains don't have limitless skill, and there are players that surpass the current skill level of the current Sonic mains. That said, it's impossible to avoid getting hit forever. Metaknight has nearly-lagless decent-ranged attacks he can hide behind, and Sonic doesn't.. really.

Now if this tradeoff for power came with (running and attack) speed, it might be worth it.

But this isn't exactly a good place for the What-if and "ssb4"-esque discussions.

I don't think its the KO power at all thats the problem. Sonic has decent KO power, to say the least.

I'd say the problem lies in the speed of Sonic's KO moves. All his smashes have pre and post lag, grabs, depending on the player your fighting, can be hard to get, and his specials and tilts aren't really made for KOing.

So its not a matter of more power, cause more power won't help if you can't hit the opponent in the first place. I'm going with more attack speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom