• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would the Communities like to see M2K banned? (Please, read OP b4 voting)

Do you want M2K to be banned at tournaments?

• Yes

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Jesus Christ this is updating fast you totally kept blacking out my page.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
****, I missed the first page. :(

M2K may or may not need to be brought back down to earth (it sounds like he does) but I'm not sure if it's our job as a community to teach him this lesson.

Leaning on no.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
As long as M2K isn't disrupting tournaments from progressing, this is just an attempt to get personal with him and to teach him a lesson. Do we actually have a moral obligation to teach him a lesson though?

As far as his interpersonal relationships with others and his personal life are concerned, I see absolutely no reason as to why these things should be cited as evidence for him to be banned from the community.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
he has caused tournaments to have issues as well...at Apex 2010 he did this and at Pound5 as well...It is something that happens in general

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think the funniest part about this is that Ktar6 allowed M2K to go after the Red Card schtick recently, then he goes right back and does more or less similar things that got him red carded in the first place. Talk about getting slapped in the face for helping out a player.

@Bar: It's a personal issue which we shouldn't initially touch. However, if it continues to the point where his personal problems become hazardous to the community, I feel like it warrants some type of action on the community's behalf. It all depends on whether or not we feel he's crossed a line with his "offense repertoire".

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
As long as M2K isn't disrupting tournaments from progressing, this is just an attempt to get personal with him and to teach him a lesson. Do we actually have a moral obligation to teach him a lesson though?

As far as his interpersonal relationships with others and his personal life are concerned, I see absolutely no reason as to why these things should be cited as evidence for him to be banned from the community.
He is the sole reason why MLG dropped brawl.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I heard once he has asperger's or something. Is that true? Cause if it is you totally shouldn't be so hard on him I mean, being a sociopath kinda means you just do **** like that.

Hi mama I'm posting in a legendary thread.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
yeah, this is really low.

@RT, I read the OP and then he edited in the Disclaimer.

Brisinger581

Smash Cadet
I think M2K should be banned till he learns to act and play like a mature and respectable player. The only problem with it is what if he just registered under a different name or something? :/

heytallman

CTALL
Texas has a worse problem

Rageshadow
o

suspect the best.

L

Even though I don't like Jason, I voted no. This is dumb. We can't do it BECAUSE we're not a professional organization. No matter how many people say we should act like one and ban him or whatever, at the end of the day, we are still not a professional organization and don't really have a right to. Until tournaments stop becoming grassroots events, we can't do ****.

btw ESAM, you're a ******.

afk

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
@tallman We can't be a professional until we start making moves to make us look more proffesional

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I could care less about vVv, thought you meant like a legit sponsor.
I'm interested in knowing why you think this, and want to clear up any questions you have about it. I don't want to discuss it in this thread however and derail the purpose. There isn't too much I can say about M2K and vVv that hasn't already been said (mostly), and can't delve too much behind the scenes since I didn't become the manager for the Brawl Division until after M2K was dropped (I had no impact on the decision).

This thread is a really sensitive issue, I'm going to keep moderation fairly tight here as such.

I'm just shocked that when M2K gets red carded from the BBR-RC, everyone flips **** and yet now this comes out , with a fairly surprising result for "Yes" so far. Like... really? lol

I can understand being upset about what happened to him at KTAR, but it certainly wasn't enough to just end the game and drop the set altogether. Above all, it was EXTREMELY disrespectful to Keitaro and the tournament he hosted after convincing him to let him enter despite being red carded, having him drop the BBR-RC and everything. He did a lot for him to attend, and turned around and just dropped out from not agreeing with a decision.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
This is just a flame thread.

Nothing positive about m2k has been said at all, even in the OP.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
at Apex/Pound5 he would disappear or hold up matches for an hour cause he "needed to relax" then when he would lose just flip and complain.

NNID
Budget_Player
I think the funniest part about this is that Ktar6 allowed M2K to go after the Red Card schtick recently, then he goes right back and does more or less similar things that got him red carded in the first place. Talk about getting slapped in the face for helping out a player.
Yeah, I mean, you'd think he'd straighten up his act after that, but noooo... Seriously, BRC should extend the red card because of this crap.

Even though I don't like Jason, I voted no. This is dumb. We can't do it BECAUSE we're not a professional organization. No matter how many people say we should act like one and ban him or whatever, at the end of the day, we are still not a professional organization and don't really have a right to. Until tournaments stop becoming grassroots events, we can't do ****.
...Is it a good thing that we're not professional? That we don't have organizations like EVO and MLG on our side? Think about that for a moment. The first step on the way to being professional is acting professional, and we're not quite there yet. Not until we shape our act up a bit.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't think I've ever had a positive experience with Mew2King at the same tournament I've been to, and I've had many more negative experiences than neutral ones.

I think he does a lot more bad for the community than good.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's basically enough guys. This thread can only devolve and I doubt any real action will occur. This is targeting quite negatively a user on this site and it cannot continue. If you want to talk about a specific action for a specific tournament then you have the tournament results forum. The BBR-RC has already banned M2K (ban expiring after next week I believe) and that has shown not to be enough as there are plenty of supporters that will convince TO's it will be hype if he enters.

This is a divisive issue and it has already seen personal attacks. Again, if you are a TO you can follow the BBR-RC guidelines or do things on your own if you think a member of the community (any member) is a risk. This thread though is going to continue to escalate and in an inappropriate manner.

I would suggest all users and TOs alike learn from the age old statement: "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

*closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom