• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would someone explain to me why I'm seeing considered "top" falco players shl?

TheFast

Smash Lord
Cuz than their lazors go Pew-----Pew-----Pew vs Pew Pew ----Pew Pew----Pew Pew.

Also they can DI more. Alowing for more mobility. More Mobility= Better options.

Panix

Smash Ace
Cuz than their lazors go Pew Pew Pew vs Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew Pew.

Also they can DI more. Alowing for more mobility. More Mobility= Better options.
because SHDL is better at far range, and SHL is better at mig range. wasn't tat obvious 0.o

(SHDL better at close range)

Input commands for the SHDL needs to be made earlier than the SHL, which means a person closing in on you could close the gap and try to hit you as you are stuck in the animation of the first laser of a SHDL at the height of the jump. By not attempting to do the SHDL, you are still free to input commands at the height of a SH such as a Dair, airdodge or mentioned above aerial mobility. But if you do not need to input that command you still have time to finish your SH with a laser at the end.

So yeah, SHDL great at long range and camping. SHL good for closer range, but SHDL still has uses in closer range as you can stop those that are trying for aerial approaches like what wario uses a lot.

Edit: Plus, SHL is easier to time if you want to try to aim a bit higher than normal on a target. Good example is to avoid the that shield that TL and Link both have.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shl is better imo. You can have better mobitity while using it. You can shorthop forward, stay still, or shorthop backward all while shling. Shdl you pretty much can either: a. stay still b. move slightly forward. Shl makes you less predictable and more mobile while camping.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
So far everyone has had the same opinion as me. SHL is better for all those reasons (including the pew!----pew! comment, nice catch there), and it just seems better for the style of gameplay falco is required to do now. I'd rather do SHL's, mindgame, and win RATHER than camp with the SHDL from afar and ruin Falco's good name by being almost Plank-style MK annoying. SHL is the way to go. If you know how to SHDL, try your best to limit your campiness. Up close is just fine, SHDL here is good for getting up close without getting hit. Just PLEASE DONT GET CAMPY!

Great, now I just went and mini-ranted. Sorry everyone, my bad. C yas!! :bee:

Denzi

Smash Master
Input commands for the SHDL needs to be made earlier than the SHL, which means a person closing in on you could close the gap and try to hit you as you are stuck in the animation of the first laser of a SHDL at the height of the jump. By not attempting to do the SHDL, you are still free to input commands at the height of a SH such as a Dair, airdodge or mentioned above aerial mobility. But if you do not need to input that command you still have time to finish your SH with a laser at the end.

^This is the correct answer. SHL is safer against an intelligent opponent.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It's nice to know that by the end of the day we have changed someones life for the better ;)
Someone edited my post. =\

Regardless; I find SHL harder than SHDL. It's hard for me to get a low single laser, whilst I can usually time the SHDL perfectly on a consistent basis.

M@v

Subarashii!
if your shling in place, input b just as falco starts twisting in the air.

if your backflipping, do it at the apex of the flip, right after Falco's head is past vertical. If your having trouble, practice with his head at vertical first, th n perfect your timing. If I have time Ill post a short vid of it up.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
You can space well with it, it gives you many more outs, it's easier to pull off, it's just better if you're playing someone/a character who requires a lot of jumping.

Top Bottom