• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst video game ever?

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
These are the worst video games I've played in my life..

I'm shamed of my self for buying this.. just because I loved the Tekken series..

awful game..

worst PSP game I have..

I played it on an emulator, this game is worse then E.T! and E.T ain't even bad..

people think the first one sucked.. thats not true, the first one was good, but this game BLOWS..

and some people say Big Rigs is a bad game, its not.. its just kinda fun game, glitching around and stuff.. that is fun.. Big rigs is even better than Death by degrees..

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
well for zelda fans.... i would say winder waker(GC) is the worst game ever... cuz... its not even the real link, his gestures are a disgrace, he's trying to DESTROY hyrule, while GANON is trying to SAVE it..... that kinda strikes me as ganon being the good guy

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Wind Waker was an amazing game... Link was trying to stop Ganon as Ganon tried to conquer the world starting with old Hyrule; Ganon is still the villain.

Very good game.

HumanIce

Smash Cadet
Did anyone mention Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing?

AHhahahahaha!! Ahaha!!! That game blew and sucked at the same time!
dude.. no.. just because other said it sucked, doesn't mean that its boring, the game is fun to play because its so glitchy and stupid, I've played the game, and I think its just funny..

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
In my 17 years of existence, I have been playing for at least ten. I have played my share of crap, but no game has ever ***** me of happiness, 50 bucks and hours of my childhood wasted than Daikatana on the PC.

The most ironic part was the hype it got and was being hailed as "highly innovative, in both story-writting and gameplay", In fact, John Romero (that's right, the legend John Romero made this game) was so confident, I'll just show you an advertisment for it.

We were in fact his *****, because we bought his piece of **** game.

I will give them credit for an interesting idea, Time travelling FPS, but it doesn't do a good job at presenting, and opens lot of questions on how long the team spent writting the script

It's like E.T., Superman 64 and Bubsy 3D combined.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Wow, quite possibly the longest thread i've ever seen.

Well, I dunno what i would categorize as the worst video game ever, but I definitely hated 7th Saga for SNES. i dunno why. it was just depressing and I like Lufia 2 much much better

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
there are many people on this page asking to be smacked.
haha, so true

Yet I may be one of the ones when I say Super Mario World. I can't say it's the Worst game ever, but it is out of the most popular games. It accomplished nothing new from the earlier games in the series, the levels were not near as exciting as the others (Super mario bros. 3 for sure). Wohoo, it included yoshi, but the fact that it was the first new super mario bros. game on a new platform, it did not impress at all.

I proudly stand by this, even though it pisses my friend off so much who is playing it right now behind me on my SNES and cartridge.

Sandy

Smash Champion
20: Extreme Sports With the Berenstein Bears

19: Bible Adventures

18: Kriss Kross: Make My Video

17: Bubsy 3D

16: Bad Street Brawler

15: Total Recall

14: Rapjam Volume One

13: AIRCARS

12: Night Trap

11: Heroes of the Lance

10: Revolution X

9: Custer's Revenge

8: White Men Can't Jump

7: Superman 64

6: Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

5: Virtuoso

4: Captain Novolin

3: Fight For Life

2: Club Drive

1: E.T. The Extraterrestrial

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I cannot believe that NOBODY mentioned this game. I guess it is for the bettering of the gaming commmunity. For those of you that have seen footage of this game, or have played it *cringes* I feel your pain. Here it is, the WORST game of all time (in my opinion):

Sonic Shuffle

At first you think, "Hey, a Sonic game with cards. Could be cool." That is your first mistake. Then you find out it is a party game like Mario Party. Yet again you think, "It can't possibly be that bad, it might even turn out to be fun." Mistake number two. Then you pop the disc into the machine that the PS2 killed (the Dreamcast) and get to the title screen. Flashy, yet cartoony; it actually kinda fits. That is all that "fits" in this game. When you play, you know you aren't going to find three other people to play with, so you use the computer controlled opponents. Also, since you have never played this game before, you set all of the computers on "Easy". Then you can begin.
You play on a board like surface, just like in Mario Party. And in order to move around the board, you are given numbered cards. Everyone is given cards, and when you run out of cards you can choose one of your opponents cards. You cannot see the numbers on the faces of your opponent's cards. BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THEY CAN SEE YOURS! THEY SOMETIMES CHOOSE YOUR CARDS AND THEY ALWAYS CHOOSE THE GOOD CARDS. THEY NEVER PICK THE "1"s OR THE "2"s, THEY CHOOSE THE ONES THAT CAN SEND YOU HALFWAY ACROSS THE BOARD. THEN, WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF CARDS AND HAVE TO CHOOS THE COMPUTERS CARDS, YOU NEVER PICK THE GOOD ONES. Then there are the different spaces you land on the board. There are ones that give you rings, and ones that take away your rings. THOSE are the good tiles. You would definately rather land on the negative ring tiles than these next ones. Other than the ring tiles there are Mini-game and Monster Battle tiles. Some of the mini-games are not that bad, like in Mario Party. Those few Mini-game tiles are the least painful trait this game carries. The Monster Battle tiles are the worst thing the Sonic Team has ever created. In order to batle the monsters (which are given a number), you have to draw one of your cards to match or better that number. ONE OF THE CRAPPY CARDS THAT THE COMPUTERS LEFT YOU WITH. THEN, AFTER YOU CHOSE THE LEFTOVER CARD. THE CARD STARTS SPINNING. IT ROTATES AND SHOWS YOU VALUES RANGING FROM 1 TO THE VALUE OF THE CARD. YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE "A" BUTTON AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME TO GET THE NUMBER YOU NEED. BUT WHEN YOU THINK YOU PRESSED "A" AT THE RIGHT TIME, THE GAME MESSES WITH YOU AND GIVES YOU THE NUMBER BEFORE OR AFTER THE ONE YOU WANTED. THUS MAKING YOU LOSE THE "BATTLE" AND YOU LOSE RINGS AND ONE OF THE POWER-UP ITEMS YOU CAN GAIN THROUGH MINI-GAMES, BATTLES, OR PURCHASE.
In order to "win" you have to collect a number of gemstones placed randomly on the board. TO GET THERE, YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR CRAPPY CARDS, TO LAND ON LAME BATTLE TILES ONLY TO USE MORE OF YOUR USELESS CARDS TO LOSE THE BATTLE. THEN, IF YOU GET TO THE GEMSTONE, YOU HAVE TO LAND ON THE SAME TILE IT IS ON. WHEN YOU FINALLY DO LAND ON IT, YOU HAVE TO WIN A FREAKIN' BATTLE TO GAIN IT. So you use your obsolete cards to try to fight (or you might even attempt to use one of your opponents bad cards and still lose), ONLY TO LOSE THE BATTLE. THEN ONE OT THE SO CALLED "EASY" COMPUTERS "ATTEMPTS" TO FIGHT AND WINS WITH FLYING COLORS. Then they place the next gemstone near one of the other computers so they can nab it. The list of frusterations keeps going. I don't even want to go through complaining about the secret characters. Yes, they put secret characters in a party game. *sugh* I'm done, I don't have any more energy in my "Rant-O-Meter".

flaco

The Terminator
I cannot believe that NOBODY mentioned this game. I guess it is for the bettering of the gaming commmunity. For those of you that have seen footage of this game, or have played it *cringes* I feel your pain. Here it is, the WORST game of all time (in my opinion):

Sonic Shuffle

At first you think, "Hey, a Sonic game with cards. Could be cool." That is your first mistake. Then you find out it is a party game like Mario Party. Yet again you think, "It can't possibly be that bad, it might even turn out to be fun." Mistake number two. Then you pop the disc into the machine that the PS2 killed (the Dreamcast) and get to the title screen. Flashy, yet cartoony; it actually kinda fits. That is all that "fits" in this game. When you play, you know you aren't going to find three other people to play with, so you use the computer controlled opponents. Also, since you have never played this game before, you set all of the computers on "Easy". Then you can begin.
You play on a board like surface, just like in Mario Party. And in order to move around the board, you are given numbered cards. Everyone is given cards, and when you run out of cards you can choose one of your opponents cards. You cannot see the numbers on the faces of your opponent's cards. BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THEY CAN SEE YOURS! THEY SOMETIMES CHOOSE YOUR CARDS AND THEY ALWAYS CHOOSE THE GOOD CARDS. THEY NEVER PICK THE "1"s OR THE "2"s, THEY CHOOSE THE ONES THAT CAN SEND YOU HALFWAY ACROSS THE BOARD. THEN, WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF CARDS AND HAVE TO CHOOS THE COMPUTERS CARDS, YOU NEVER PICK THE GOOD ONES. Then there are the different spaces you land on the board. There are ones that give you rings, and ones that take away your rings. THOSE are the good tiles. You would definately rather land on the negative ring tiles than these next ones. Other than the ring tiles there are Mini-game and Monster Battle tiles. Some of the mini-games are not that bad, like in Mario Party. Those few Mini-game tiles are the least painful trait this game carries. The Monster Battle tiles are the worst thing the Sonic Team has ever created. In order to batle the monsters (which are given a number), you have to draw one of your cards to match or better that number. ONE OF THE CRAPPY CARDS THAT THE COMPUTERS LEFT YOU WITH. THEN, AFTER YOU CHOSE THE LEFTOVER CARD. THE CARD STARTS SPINNING. IT ROTATES AND SHOWS YOU VALUES RANGING FROM 1 TO THE VALUE OF THE CARD. YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE "A" BUTTON AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME TO GET THE NUMBER YOU NEED. BUT WHEN YOU THINK YOU PRESSED "A" AT THE RIGHT TIME, THE GAME MESSES WITH YOU AND GIVES YOU THE NUMBER BEFORE OR AFTER THE ONE YOU WANTED. THUS MAKING YOU LOSE THE "BATTLE" AND YOU LOSE RINGS AND ONE OF THE POWER-UP ITEMS YOU CAN GAIN THROUGH MINI-GAMES, BATTLES, OR PURCHASE.
In order to "win" you have to collect a number of gemstones placed randomly on the board. TO GET THERE, YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR CRAPPY CARDS, TO LAND ON LAME BATTLE TILES ONLY TO USE MORE OF YOUR USELESS CARDS TO LOSE THE BATTLE. THEN, IF YOU GET TO THE GEMSTONE, YOU HAVE TO LAND ON THE SAME TILE IT IS ON. WHEN YOU FINALLY DO LAND ON IT, YOU HAVE TO WIN A FREAKIN' BATTLE TO GAIN IT. So you use your obsolete cards to try to fight (or you might even attempt to use one of your opponents bad cards and still lose), ONLY TO LOSE THE BATTLE. THEN ONE OT THE SO CALLED "EASY" COMPUTERS "ATTEMPTS" TO FIGHT AND WINS WITH FLYING COLORS. Then they place the next gemstone near one of the other computers so they can nab it. The list of frusterations keeps going. I don't even want to go through complaining about the secret characters. Yes, they put secret characters in a party game. *sugh* I'm done, I don't have any more energy in my "Rant-O-Meter".
My friend is right these game sucks alot.Also it should be on the angry nintendo nerd rating 0.0 lol but yea don't make those mistakes it sounds cool but is not

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, Sonic is my favorite game character. But this game is absolutely HORRIBLE! There is too much pain in remembering I still own this game. I have to stop or I will have an anuerism.

flaco

The Terminator
Nah bro I know what you mean but like you said is to horrible I can't play it if I do you will see my having a seizure like I do have seizures lol there really bad anyway back on topic never get that game I also have it but I hated

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Nah bro I know what you mean but like you said is to horrible I can't play it if I do you will see my having a seizure like I do have seizures lol there really bad anyway back on topic never get that game I also have it but I hated
FINALLY, someone that shares my pain. I am SO sorry you had to deal with those lying computers and thier cheating natures. I tried to get rid of it, but nobody would take it. *sugh*So many wrong things about that game........

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
The worst game ever made is Microsoft Train Simulator for the PC.

You can pretty much imagine what you do in this game. Yes it's that boring.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
1.terminater 3(XBOX): it was horrible shooter,the best part about the game was the atari games:laugh:

2.frogger(GBA) i liked at first,then it started getting stupid

3.GTA 2(PS1) HORRIBLE!!

4.DBZ:segas(XBOX) a bad TMNT wannabe game,horrible graphix (im overusing the word horrrible,i know)

5.star wars-rouge squardon(N64):i though it was a stupid game,touch a wall with your ship,you die,i got used to the game and though it was awsome,till i lost it

6. james bond:goldeneye- i dunno why i though this game was bad,it was bad to me

7.midway tresures(PSP)- i hated this game because of the AI on mortal kombat,they were CHEAP,even the pro cant beat em

8.bomberman heros-pretty fun game,i cound never beat the first stage
9.yoshi story:*shudders* get it away..

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
20: Extreme Sports With the Berenstein Bears

19: Bible Adventures

18: Kriss Kross: Make My Video

17: Bubsy 3D

16: Bad Street Brawler

15: Total Recall

14: Rapjam Volume One

13: AIRCARS

12: Night Trap

11: Heroes of the Lance

10: Revolution X

9: Custer's Revenge

8: White Men Can't Jump

7: Superman 64

6: Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

5: Virtuoso

4: Captain Novolin

3: Fight For Life

2: Club Drive

1: E.T. The Extraterrestrial
i do get why you hated ravolution X,i used to love that get when i was 6,almost beat it:laugh:

Teethpaste

Smash Cadet
Little Britan one of the funniest Tv shows i've ever watched but the game they realsed for PS2 and Xbox was **** it didnt relate to the Tv show at all it was just a bunch of random things put together just with the charectors from little Britan

Jabroni

Smash Cadet
Worst ever erm... ET on the atari 2600 but i wouldnt class that as a game so... Simpsons wrestling was a load of poo.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
I've played (and finished) a lot of bad games before, but the only one that I had to stop playing within an hour of starting was Final Fantasy X-2. I don't know. I guess I just got bored. Hell, I've even finished Quest 64.

Although, I'm pretty sure Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball or any game along that nature would not impress me. At least I got to drive a car in Grand Theft Auto.

I have a friend that bought Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis just to see how bad it was. It's now proudly rotting on his shelf. :laugh:

Jolts_D

Smash Apprentice
There's a game out there called Fantavision where all you do is set off fireworks, and I'd still play that over Beathoven or Wayne's World (both SNES). Man, those games sucked.
I even liked Beavis and Butthead better (that game was hilarious when I played with the younger sister...so much fun).

Baelen

Smash Cadet
DBZ Taiketsu (GBA) - That game was absolutely TERRIBLE. The graphics were disgusting, the story was nonexistant, and the gameplay was boring and did not even showcase Dragonball's appeal: outlandish martial arts. DBZ Supersonic Warriors basically used it as a beta and turned it into the mediocre game it should have been in the first place. The soundtrack was the best part of this game, which is sad.

Kirby's Tilt n' Tumble (GBC) - You have to go on wikipedia to learn what this game is all about. The difficulty and frustration potential/kinetic are through the roof, and it just gets boring to play this game for more than 5 minutes. ****, Line Rider held my attention longer than this game.

Aidyn Chronicles (N64) - There is a reason why Aidyn CHRONICLES only had one game in the series: because it sucked. The same crappy music for more than 15 minutes makes you want to throw the countroller at the T.V., the terrible graphics make you want to throw the N64 at the T.V., and the fact that absolutely nothing stands out about this game makes you want to through the cartridge at the T.V. This game made me want to throw my freakin T.V.

All three games were so bad, I couldn't even pick one for the list, so I put all three. The later Lemmings games never should have been made, either.

Wuss

Smash Champion
E.T. was such a random game.....you'd try to escape an evil old lady and you'd fall into a pit that was impossible to get out of, and if you did, the cunning old lady would be waiting to knock your *** back in.

Superman 64 also sucked very, very, very badly.
I realize this is an earlier post, but these were the top two games in MTV's thing-ama-jig, "Worst games of all time".
I'd have to say "pokemon snap" was one of the gayest/worst games of all time. It takes little talent or skill, is really short, and, for god's sake, your taking PICTURES of pokemon.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I thought Pokemon Snap was original, and quite fun. Yes, it is very short. (My freind and I started the game and took pictures of every kind of pokemon withing and hour and fifteen minutes). And yes, it might not take that much skill to beat. However, it is pretty exciting (for me) to be playing with lots of friends around and trying to take the most hilarious shots ever. I have one shot, at the end of the cave level, where after I pelted two jiggly puffs practically simsimultaneously with apples they made the funniest pissed of face every and it looks like the microphone their holding are bombombs and their about to throw them to get back at you. I seriously thought this the first time it happened. This probably doesn't sound that unbelievable, but you haven't seen it. Point being, games can be good if they stand out positively in some ways, even if lacking in aspects your looking carefully into.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I try to stay away from bad games, but my least favorite game would have to be Cel Damage for the Gamecube. On the surface, it's a harmless Mario Kart clone with cel shaded graphics. On closer inspection, however, it is actually a Mario Kart clone with cel shaded graphics and THE WORST WEAPON BALANCE IN HISTORY!!! The game is fundamentally broken to it's core and should be avoided at all costs.

Custom Robo for the Cube was pretty terrible as well...

Rage.

Smash Ace
The Worst video game ever would be Super Truck Racing for the gamecube
it took like 10 guys to make it
IT was a slow paced racing game
and it would crash if you tried to drift it at all

Top Bottom