• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst video game ever?

CaptainFalcon23

Smash Apprentice
What is the worst video game ever?
NOTE: Tell which system is for as well.

CSHD edit: Tell why it is the worst came you have ever played as well. Thank you.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Your third topic, amazing. I could close this for lack of substance but I guess I'm in a good mood or something. But there is something I'd like to point out to you. In your post, the first in the topic, you should state which game you think is the worst videogame ever. After all, this is your topic, you should show people how things should be done. Just for your future posts I'd like you to read the Light House rules, the first topic in this forum, the Light House.

Anyways, for the topic, I can't say the "worst game ever" and I can't even think of the last game I played that I absolutely hated. From what I hear though, E.T. for Atari is one of the worst, if not the worst game ever. :)

oni_link

Smash Journeyman
chameleon twist for N64 is in my opinion the worst video game i have ever played.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by oni_link
chameleon twist for N64 is in my opinion the worst video game i have ever played.
I have played that game too... WTF is all I can say...:freak:

My Worst would have to be Robopon:Sun/Star/Ring/Cross versions. If you dont know what it is I will explain:

Robopon is exactly the same as Pokemon hence the 'on. It had 151 Robopon, same charater sprites and even the same fonts and menus!:eek: It gave a crap amount of experience and gold just to get people to play it more. THEY EVEN HAVE A GROUP CALLED THE ELITE 8! The ONE AND ONLY difference between Robopon and Pokemon is the option to point a remote control at the game (sort of like Mystery Gift) it is a pretty cool feature but is just HAD to be used on a crappy game...:( The developers (Atlus I think) had the creativity of a goldfish.

*IF ANYONE FINDS ANY INFO OR SCREENSHOTS OF THIS CRAPTASTIC GAME POST IT HERE AND YOU WILL GET ON MY GOOD LIST!* :D

Zootematix

Artist formally known as ToadBanjoConker
BRoomer
Cashed, sometimes you are WAY too nice for you're own good. I guess that's why I want your man babies.

Anyways, back onto the subject at hand. Hmmm, let's see the worst game I've ever played was probably BMX XXX. Seriously it sucks. I don't even recommend that people rent it to try it out.

I really want Akklaim to burn in **** for that game :).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

I mean, he's really sexy and all, but this is probably the lamest game I've ever witnessed.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
The worst game i have ever played would be Kessen for PS2. Its basicly cardboard cut-out bitmaps moving around the screen and sometimes you have to press the X button. I was completly vomit inducing.

bluelion20

Smash Ace
Oh please, Chameleon Twist is NOT the worst game ever. Okay, so it took 1 hour to beat, but from what I remember, the multiplayer was fun.

As for worst game, I'm gonna have to agree with Zootematix. Not only did the Dave Mirra BMX series suck, but they made the game perverted beyond belief. Anyone who buys it is deemed perverted by me, and it's not like the game was good anyway (or the graphics, probably the main reason that most people bought the game was for you know what). How do I know so much about it? Well I never actually played it, but I've seen screenshots, so that's how I know about the graphics, and I'm just guessing about the gameplay, but most sports games suck.

The only good sports games are Tony Hawk series, Madden (newer madden, past 3 years), and NBA Street.

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
Anyone ever play Rise of the Robots, for SNES? I don't know about the second one (WHY THE **** WOULD ANYONE MAKE A SEQUEL), but the first was quite possibly the worst fighting game I ever played. And, for some reason, first player always had to be the same character; you only got to play the others if you were 2P in Vs. mode. ... And what a thrill that was.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
oh yeah i remember robopon... umm lets see. i want to keep in 2003, so i gotta say Enter the Matrix, but it wasnt the worst game...so im gonna say:

Yu-Gi-OH! Duel of the Roses. Here's a tip: only buy GBA yugioh games. those are actually REALLY fun (swear to god stairway to the destined duel is great) but the console versions suck so much. the entire game idea made no sensce. it had such a steep learning cerve. and Why was it set during the duel of the roses? they dont even explain that at least. why should i move a card like chess? and what is a random fusion? my god was that a stupid game.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
E.T. was such a random game.....you'd try to escape an evil old lady and you'd fall into a pit that was impossible to get out of, and if you did, the cunning old lady would be waiting to knock your *** back in.

Superman 64 also sucked very, very, very badly.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I LIKED Kessen! I thought it was a decent strategy game. A bit boring at times, but it had a lot of Japanese history in it.

Worst game? E.T. has already been said . . . so has Quest 64 . . . OH! Jeopardy for the Genesis, or for any console for that matter. Crappy pictures and sound, plus it took forever to input long answers for lame-*** questions (or is it questions for lame-*** answers?).

Worst Nintendo Game: Mario Is Missing. This game starred Luigi, but it was crap, through and through. I walked back to the video game store and traded it back 30 minutes after I got it. Crappity crappity crap.

Worst Playstation Game: Jedi Power Battles. The controls were terrible, the graphics made me cry, and half the time I inputted a combo I'd block or something. Not even worth renting.

And don't forget Mario Party 3. WHOLE lotta suck.

Wow, guess that's sortof a long list . . . I'm sure I'll think of more.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Lookie what I Found!

I saw this game at Electronic Boutique... It looked weird so I searched for it on Google:

:starman: DOKAPON :starman:

Edit:

Edit2: I heard this game was pretty crappy... than again everything that ends with a 'on other than Pokemon has always got crappy ratings...:rolleyes:

Super Mecha Yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Oh! The horror!

Space Race takes the cake for PS games. There were only two super ugly boxes for cars, one green and the other was orange. One track was there and it was a desert planet with palm trees. No hit detection at all, you could fly anywhere, in the middle of the planet, in the other car, and I even won one race flying on the other side of the planet. Luckily, my friend had only rented this.

I also remember some N64 "games". The first one was Mischief Makers. You play as this girl android named Marina and you had to save your creator and this planet. It was a horrible platformer and some of jumping and grabbing parts were too hard. Not to mention the boss battles. And when you died, it went into seizure mode and you heard this very annoying "OW!OW!OW!" But the highlights were that you fought a dodgeball playing cat...

Then there was this fighting game called Dual Heroes. It had these cool furturistic looking characters in battle armor. But that all it has going for it. The stages were even worse than the original Virtua Fighter ones. There was this jungle stage, and there were knee to waist high brush and shrubs and vines. But there were no actual trees. Then this code came out where you could make it have black and white graphics. I did that and the game went bezerk. All sound was turned off and half of the stages stayed black and white and the other half remained in color forever.

Lastly, there was that Fortune Fighters game for the X-Box. I tried it out at Game Stop, that was craptastic. There was no sound and because of the bad camera, I couldn't anything so all of these fireballs came from offscreen enemies and I died instantly. There was a "watch" mode where the computer played the game. All it did was hop around in circles until it died. So basically, the object of the game was dying.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Bahamut3585:
LIKED Kessen! I thought it was a decent strategy game. A bit boring at times, but it had a lot of Japanese history in it.
You liked Kessen?!? *Jaw drops to floor* How could you? There are so many other stratergy games out there that are 1000 times better.
Oh yes, Holy Magic Century was also another really, really bad game on the N64. Spyhunter, Driven and Universal Theme Park Studios are also really bad games to grace the Cube.

Rainy Day Toast

Stays Crunchy in Milk
BRoomer
I thought Mischief Makers had the makings of a great platformer... Its control was excellent; it just got too repetitive to keep my interest. But seriously, the grabbing and the flying and the dashing and the air dashing and all that ****? C'mon, it was great, you *******!

::frownie face of death:: *****.

And Mario is Missing gets my vote for worst Nintendo game, too. God****.

Also, those Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons games ticked me the **** off.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Originally posted by Rainy Day Toast
I thought Mischief Makers had the makings of a great platformer...
SHAKE SHAKE! SHAKE SHAKE! Sorry, didn't like that one.
And Mario is Missing gets my vote for worst Nintendo game, too. God****.
Amen.

Also, those Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons games ticked me the **** off.
I thought they were ok, just not the best ever. Too easy.

Another bad one for the NES: Adventures of Lolo. Repetitive. Redundant. ********. You walked around and picked up hearts. Whoop-de-f***ing-do. AND, it was made by HAL, creators of Kirby and Smash. Good thing their game quality has improved.

About Kessen: Yeah, there are better games for strategy, but my friend had Kessen so it's not like I paid to play it. Plus, the history interested me more, and the different ways you could twist it.

Mailorder

Smash Cadet
I registered for the forums about a year ago, but I forgot to post. I came back a month ago, but decided it was much more fun to read instead of post.

But after reading two people bash on Mario Is Missing, my silence cannot be held.

I was about eight or nine when I first encountered this game. Many good memories have been tied to it. I remember being overjoyed that I could play as Luigi. I was a big Luigi fan then, not sure why. I'd say it was his underdog status that made me think he was cool. Anyways, I remember liking this game because I didn't have to worry about dying. I was a very frustrated child then. I would sweat bullets playing Mario 3. What I also liked about the game, was the setting. Each town was a famous city. Seeing everything around me matching their cultural surroundings (or at least stereotypes of what they look like) was interesting to me. I always liked geography, that explains why I enjoyed playing Where the **** is Carmen Sandiego so much.

I will admit that if I play it again today, I will probably call it no better than trash. But if I could turn back time and be a little kid again... you know what game I'd play first.

The worst game I have ever played is World Heroes. It's a fighting game that was on Neo Geo that only had three buttons: punch, kick and taunt. The characters were all "world heroes" but really just looked like sick stereotypes.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Well, I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY has a crappy game from their childhood that they've grown attached to. I myself enjoyed Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers for NES, and I played it again and thought it was total poo. Same thing with this one game called M.C. Kids, an adventure game with two kids which had McDonalds propaganda plastered all over it. The graphics were okay on that one, though.

shadowhuntr000

Smash Lord
OMG! I loved playing Mario Party 3! I can wholeheartedly say that MP3 was much better than MP4 or MP5. Heh heh, MP5. Robopon pics-

Anyway, I used to love playing Megaman, but now I see it's a lame side-scrolling shooter. I'm still addicted to Megaman Legends though, and Megaman 2 will always be cool with me.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Yippie!

*Puts Shadowhuntr000 on Good list*

Here is some more:

What did I tell you guys? THIS GAME IS EXACTLY LIKE POKEMON!!!

Creature_85

Smash Lord
I read a review for a NES game called Custer's Revenge. (shudders) In this game you play as a naked General Custer and have to run around, dodging obstacles, and getting to the end of a battlefield, where a Indian lady is tied up. Then you. . . um, well, yeah. Very sick.

For the record, I have not actually played this game.

Yavarice

Dreadnought
BRoomer
Mario is Missing, heh. It's an education game... why in the world would you play an education game and expect Super Mario?

ultimaiq2

Smash Lord
Lamest games to me (plz don't hate me).

Gameboy: Hamtaro, Need I say more?
Nintendo: None that I can remember but The Guardian Legend RULES
Snes: I once saw my friends sister play one of those Barbie games, worst game ever.
PsOne: Rayman.
PS2: Rayman and Jack and Daxter (I sold my J and D)
NGC: I have not played a bad NGC game yet, but there must be a "worst game" out there somewhere.
PC: Anything named "Lego"

Oh yes I got plenty more, but no need to say them all since most have been posted allready.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
JaK! No C! You hate Jak and Daxter?!!! Well, I can only hope that it is so because you hate adventure games or something... cuz J+D was a great game. It didn't have much new, but it was fun. But Jak II just completely blows away most games. Jak II was like 50x better than the first one. You should play the first just to be introduced to the 2nd!

But as for worst game, I don't know, it's hard to say... Superman 64 or whatever that was? Flying through rings+buggy= bad.
But I'm not completely sure. Lots of bad games out there.

And worst for Gamecube, (GCN!), I'd say Batman Vengance. Holy crap, that game was so painfully stupid, bad gameplay, worse camera angles, overall suckiness. To put it simply, I used infinite electric batarang and other such cheats and I still couldn't beat parts of it... some enemies just took way too much damage and did too much damage. Superhero games are generally never groundbreaking.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
LMAO!

Thank you Duke! :D

I clicked on Battlepets, here is the screenshot:

No, I am NOT kidding! That really is the game.

Battlepets, WTF? :rotfl:

Edit: Some more

Edit2: when does this end? Never!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Worst game ever is Extreme Paint Brawl. I bought it for ten dollars, and was ripped off. It shouldn't even be free. It shouldn't be made. This is the worst game ever.

Extreme PaintBrawl is a glorified game of capture the flag with paint-loaded guns. The object of PaintBrawl is to find the other group's flag without being shot. You head an 8 person squad battling against a rival team in one of 5 arenas: an urban assault course, a space themed area, a forest, a castle, and a desert setting. If one of your players gets shot, they become unusable for the rest of the game and you then switch to another player in your group.
There is no variety of game types in PaintBrawl whatsoever and this sorely hampers gameplay. You can't even really practice in the Practice Mode. Instead, you're thrown into one of the 5 battlefields with no friends, no opponents, and no targets. I guess you can practice how much paint you can splatter on the wall, but that's about it. To make matters worse, your computer opponents are dead-eye shots making a practice mode that much more necessary since you are out of the game after one shot. You hardly have a chance to fire back before you get pegged. There is quite a selection of guns (from pistols to sniper rifles) to choose from and Head Games has a patch available that offers you access to more, but even a wide variety of armament doesn't help PaintBrawl achieve respectability.

The biggest problem that I had with this game was it's incredibly poor Artificial Intelligence, and I would go as far to say that this game has Artificial Stupidity. After outfitting my team with guns, extra ammo, and plenty of compressed air, we entered the urban assault arena to battle it out against a rival crew. What did the rest of my guys do? They all ran into the wall and got stuck in a corner . . . brilliant!!! Figuring this game had definite problems with navigating angles, I decided to give it another try in the open forest. OK, my team performed a bit better . . . instead of running into a wall they either vibrated wildly like they were having some kind of horrible epileptic fit or fell prone and crawled back and forth in the same place.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
The worst "game" on Gamecube: Pokemon Channel. From what I have heard from all the reviews, it barely would be considered a game. This one Nintendo should have just left alone in their heads.
But as for worst game ever: Psycotron. It was a interactive movie on the PC. Story: terrible. Gameplay: Choose your own adventure was far better. The "game" only lasted only three short sections. One, with the same determination that I had, could beat it in a few sittings. It's not that it's that hard, it's just I couldn't stand it for so long before becoming insane.

Kyoober

Smash Journeyman
Blood omen 2 for ps2
Boring.it seems like a there is no plot.the only thing i like about it is the blood sucking!:beezo: :crazy:

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Super Mecha Yoshi, you are now on my 'I hate you you dumb@$$' list for hating Mischief Makers.

My worst game EVA - Rise of The Robots 2
PS1 and Sega Saturn
Mirage, 1995 (Rise 1, don't know when 2 came out... I can't find anything on it...)

Poor colision ditection and control responce, a craptacular story (even though it somehow got it's own book...), horribly bland, sub-Mortal Combat 1 gameplay (few attacks, bland and hard to pull off specials, no combos), jumpy difficulty settings (The first match is nearly imposable; the next eight or so will give you no trouble at all), and half-@$$ed graphics, even though that is suposed to be the only good thing about the game.
All around, the worst fighting game of all time, and the worst game I've ever played...

PICS!!! OMG!
NOTE: These pics are actually from the first Rise of The Robots, but it looks almost exactly the same...

Supernova

Smash Ace
worst gc game: star fox adventures.

this is the FIRST EVER GAME I DID NOT FINISH. this game sucked so bad. battling is repetitive, the game was just soooooo boring and stupid i sold it before i even finished it...and i don't even sell games unless i have it in a different "form."

megaman legends 1 & 2 were awesome. Xs were cool too.

sfa can suck my balls. seriously. what a waste of a christmas present.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
I only spent $20 (and Canadian, too) on SFA, and I still feel ripped off. But I'm going to try to force myself to finish it, since I make an effort to beat every game I buy. But first come Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, and Master difficulty on F-zero GX...

Top Bottom