• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst video game ever?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories for PS1. At first it may seem playable, but then once you get to a certain point, the game is entirely stacked against you. Not only do the card game rules for this incarnation make it so that basically all that matters are attack values and destrucive effect, resulting in unarguable brokenness, but at a certain point your opponents start carrying cards that are worlds more broken than yours. This might not be so bad if IT WASN'T NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO GET CARDS THAT CAN EVEN COME CLOSE TO COMPARING TO THEM!!! In the other games, you usually get an assortment of five cards once you beat someone, but in this one you only get one, and if memory serves me correctly it almost always sucks. Also, the other games allow you to enter in a password found on the actual cards you own to get that card in the game. You can do that in this one too, but there's a catch; you have to actually BUY it with these star points or whatever that you earn in the game, and they're always rediculously overpriced. So, this means to get good enough cards to advance through the game, you have to play the same opponents non-stop to increase your card collection by one every time and hope against the odds that it might be a good card, and even if so it's only ONE good card, and if you want to be able to buy any good cards you have to fight the same people over and over for like 1-5 star points per game, which is next to nothing, and in the end it'll take you weeks or even months of non-stop repetitiveness to advance through the game, which sucks to begin with. I even used Gameshark to give myself the best concievable deck, and it still wasn't that easy to beat the game. I don't think this game is even beatable if you don't use a cheating device, unless you spend a year playing it non-stop every day, and if anyone would actually do that they'd in the end realize how stupid that was and kill themselves. Come to think of it, the makers of this game were probably in an agreement with Gameshark to make it so people would buy Gamesharks just so they could beat the game.

In the end, it's just a ****ty, effortless game made to milk off of a popular franchise. The only Yu-Gi-Oh! games that are even worth considering purchasing are the ones that actually follow the rules of the actual game, but even then there is a lot of repetition. Really, even the actual game itself is very unbalanced. Though, I've moved away from TCGs altogether, because in the end you're going to be spending quite a bit of money, and even if you have all the skill in the word, you still need those cards to bring it to life. If you want to play a TCG for fun, just download a free online program that lets you use all of the cards from the start.
I beat the game without using a gameshark and it didn't even take a year. I beat it in 8 months, but the game is stacked. You can beat it by using Labrinth wall with powerups and then trade cards off or they usually run out of cards first.

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
The worst games ever made were E.T. and Pac Man for the ATARI. Those games lead to the video game crash of 1983 (READ VIDEO GAME HISTORY PPL!!!). E.T. was a game of the movie E.T. the extraterrestrial (obviously) that was rushed for the atary console back in 1983.

--Wikipedia--
The video game crash of 1983 was caused by a combination of factors:

* Very aggressive marketing of inexpensive home computers, especially the Commodore 64, with the theme “Why buy your child a video game and distract them from school when you can buy them a home computer that will prepare them for college?” Marketing research for both sides tracked the change as millions of consumers shifted their intention to buy choices from game consoles to low-end computers that retailed for similar prices.

* A flood of poor titles from hastily financed startups, combined with weak high-profile Atari 2600 games based on the hit movie E.T. and the red-hot arcade game Pac-Man.

* The news media sensationalized both the boom days of 1980 and the problems of 1982–83. In particular, the story of Atari burying thousands of E.T. cartridges in a New Mexico landfill shifted the outlook of the video game market in the eyes of many media outlets. (OMFG!!!)

* The conclusion by key toy retail chains in 1983 that video games were a passing fad (see Cabbage Patch Kids and Beanie Babies for examples) and that valuable shelf space should be allocated to new items.

The established video game companies also played a role in the crash. For example, when Atari issued its widely advertised E.T. game, it manufactured millions of units in anticipation of a major hit. Unfortunately, the game had been rushed to market after only six weeks of development time. The game’s poor reputation spread quickly by word of mouth, and the story was picked up by newscasts that trumpeted E.T. as the first great bomb of the video game age.

When the video game market recovered in 1987, the leading player was Nintendo’s NES, with a resurgent Atari battling Sega for the number two spot. Atari never truly recovered, and finally stopped producing game systems in 1996 after the failure of the Atari Jaguar.
--End Wikipedia--

So you see actually E.T. IS the worst video game EVAR!!!

** close tread **

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
FF X-2 the girls gone wild version of FF. I mean seriously all they showed in the game was Tifa and Riku over and over again. I didn't mind..it..but god it was boring, plus the story was awful. I mean if I wanted to see Riku and Tifa get me an AMV.

Armygeddon Bomb

Smash Ace
Worst game ever to be made: ET for the NES. It was so bad, that they had to bury it all in a desert.

The controls: You only can move up down left and right.
The story: What story...?
Enemies: You can't die, but doctors will capture you and you end up at a facility.
Graphics: How bad was this...? It was just a paint on thing. And don't even get me started in the holes...

Overall points: 1/100. It sucks crap and more crap.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
FFx-2 wasnt bad. It was basically FF3 just with three cute girls. Yeah they were cute, everyone knows it and anyone who says otherwise is trying to look cool because "omg they are animated!@11s" You could change classes at whim, it has great replayability, cheesy at times I'll admit but in no way should it even be classified as bad.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I have a few choices for the worst game ever

1. The Gamecube Version of Goldeneye
2. Any Yu-Gi-Oh Game
3. Halo 2 (I know flame me!!!)
4. DDR (I ended up in the hospital afterwards)
5. The PS2 Hello kitty game
6. Space Channel 5
7. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Not for the gameplay but for the music)
8. Crusin the World for the N64 (One again, not because of the game, but the music)

WOT

Smash Apprentice
the atari version of et: the extraterrestrial was an insanely awful game
so much so that they buried pretty much every copy ever made in a landfill in arizona
its ****tiness was legendary to say the least

Armygeddon Bomb

Smash Ace
My canidates:
ANY Yu-Gi-Oh games - Come on, it's only fun with the real thing.
Big Mutha Trucku - WORST racing game I ever seen. (Don't own it)
Pokemon Channel - Never seen it, but it's just pokemon of watching real TV, WHO NEEDS A SIMULATION?!?

Superman 64 - What the hell is this game about? What is with the sound and visual?
TMNT 1 in the NES - Hey, I watch the Angry Nintendo Nerd, and I agree with him.

And that's about it. You don't agree with me? Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?

flaco

The Terminator
back to the future 1 and 2 for nintendo old school the same copy of mario but with the guy of back to the future lol same jumps same background noise lol.

super_nintendo

Smash Journeyman
I once again post here.

I can't stand Madden 2006 anymore. The passing is so hard and the offensive line, no matter what team, leaks people in, and you get sacked. This game is for them african-american folk and that's all.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i hate the gran tourismo (if i spelt that right) series, i don't care if it's teh best racing series ever, it's just too serious for me and nothign special ever happens

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I hate Tetris; for some reason whenever the blocks got over halfway up the tension would get the better of me. That and the game never ends. Same with Pacman; I hate being chased...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Pac-Man for the Atari 2600 was amazingly lame. Pac-Man couldn't look up or down, the board maze was totally messed up and uninteresting, and the pixels were so HUGE that the pellets were blocks.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Marvel nemesis, I expected something way more, i mena the evil versions of the good guys pwn, still the game play sux, the incredibly bad replay, and plus other stuff...

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Lego Alpha Team for Game Boy Color. I bought it for $20 new at ToysRus, and when I tried to play it neither the instructions nor the game told me what to do. I was clueless on what to do and spent hours trying to figure out how to play the game. Eventually I gave up and put it in my pile of games to bring to used places. Yet the nighmare was only beginning. When I brought it to a local used game dealership I was only eligible to $3.00. Now, I still have it and I'm trying to sell it. Any offers?

JFox

Smash Hero
This has probably been said, but...who remembers Rampage? Yeah all you do is kill people and destroy things. Each level was the same thing, and it never ended. Everyone tries to get to the end, but there is no end. You could go mad!

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Some weird GB game called Alien 3. I didn't even know how to attack since it was so difficult, I just standed there getting ***** by the aliens. Nasty.

marthsword

Smash Ace
there was a game once called Cho Aniki. It was a gay fighting game. There was one guy who sprinkled fairy dust all over the place, and wears purple. He was the second least gay, no joke. There was one guy named Sampson who had an attack where he sticked his a** out. I did no damage. People have three attacks, and they fight in midair. There was another guy in a bathtub with another guy in there with him. It is a very disturbing game for SNES. I think, maybe NES.

saberhof

Smash Master
This has probably been said, but...who remembers Rampage? Yeah all you do is kill people and destroy things. Each level was the same thing, and it never ended. Everyone tries to get to the end, but there is no end. You could go mad!
Classic...I acttually like that game.

F8X

Smash Ace
1.ET
2.Superman 64(I rented this game from blockbuster when I was like 10, bad memories)
3.Big Rigs(so bad its just funny, buy it for someone you hate(they will always win)
4.Robocop (xbox)
5.Pac-Man for the Atari 2600 (the first video game I ever played)
6.Zelda cd-i games

Almost every game made for any Atari system was bad.
These games today only serve on purpose, make the good games we play great , and the great extraordinary.

Xelyst

-_-
dbz sagas was pretty lame (probly not the worst because it's my personal bias opinion)... the game glitched and froze on multiple cd's -_- and the gameplay was horible and dull

Top Bottom