• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst video game ever?

pezaddict

Smash Lord
the worst game I have ever played was Monsters inc. for GBA. Do I need to say more?

Death Bucket

Smash Cadet
-E.T. for the atari, this game made atari go out of business and sell their company

-Shaq Fu for the Super NES, this game was a fighting game based on shaq which was crappier than kazaam

-Legend Of Zelda Wand Of Gamalon [I think thats how you spell it] Curse you Phillips for almost screwing up the series, Jerks <_<

-Gradius for the GameCube, G.I. Gave it a 9 out of 10, I dont know why because the graphics were terrible and gameplay was repetitve...

MaijinLuu

Smash Cadet
Superman 64 is as horrible as horrible gets.

Maybe someone can help me out here......

There was this wolverine game for the NES that made Superman 64 look good. Does anybody know the name of this?? You pull out your claws and you life bar starts going down......I mean WTF!!!! horrible graphics and gameplay also add to this

Ate Track

Smash Cadet
fantastic 4 for the psx... hands down the most terrible game ever created.. right after beat 'em and eat 'em for the nes. lol

Nightowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YiffyWolfen
Find and download "Transformers" for NES... then the topic will be over forever...

JN64Lover

Smash Rookie
I CAN'T believe nobody mentioned BEBE'S KIDS for SNES. THIS IS TRULY THE WORST GAME EVER.
The second level has you breaking chinawear that a baby is knocking down from shelves. It doesn't make any sense, somebody please download this game to share the torture :chuckle: :chuckle:
honestly though i find this game entertaining because of how bad it is

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
Drake of The 99 Dragons, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Chicago Enforcer, each game sucks so much, if they were Christmas Presents you would cry.

ShinigamiKyosuke

Smash Cadet
D.A. said:
Drake of The 99 Dragons, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Chicago Enforcer, each game sucks so much, if they were Christmas Presents you would cry.

New school crappy games, yeah, but you have to take into account the utter suck that was the ET game for the Atari 2600, which I'll presume was probably mentioned various times.

GAmer1991

Smash Apprentice
The worst game ever was...Chrono Trigger!!!!...................
Ok, seriously, it some SNES game called Primal Rage. U fought as dinosaurs and no specials whatsoever that I knew of. I just didn't like it.

rezz

Smash Journeyman
somthing weard today i dont see pic

eny way the worst game ever i saw was when i was 9 i rented rented a robocop game..............sory 1 moment
*gose to the bathroom* BARF

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
I would say Dragonball Z Tenkaichi is thee worst game? (PS2) why? well lets see the series got better and better each time and at number 3 it was pretty good, no smash beater no not even close but it was good , enjoyable ,different and gave dbz fans what they wanted mostly. But then this crater of s*** comes in..

*firstly the controls are repetive all you do to win is [] [] [] [] X [] [] [] , then hold [] , repeat, yes thats all you have to do to win, or yoyu could just charge up super moves and fire them constantly.
*The AI is awful they will either walk into everything or dodge everything, not to mention they repeat everything, if you are long range they will fire little blasts over and over and over and over, and if they are close they will put you into a combo which you can't even escape from with the block button( it is completely useless because even when you block they can still hit you , break your shield , thats when you lag and then they continue). Bloody awful.
* The characters are clones! they all have the same basic skill list which is two ****ey well what can be described as a power-up and a shield or evasive move which isnt great and drains you of one of 3 very important balls on your stats which allows you to do moves( they can be recharged but take alot of time) then 4 as i recall moves , 2 which everyone has the same or about and two uniques which aren't very flashy and can be stopped by a bloody corner of a building!
*They changed everything good about it, you can no longer transform in battle, you can't make your own move list instead you add stupid health+5 and attack+2 crap which isnt an alternative to what they had before, the new battle arena although a good idea are rubbishand you want to cry because there are no good ones. Even the destrutable buildings arena is full of tiny buildings, wouldnt you wants lots of tall building to throw your enemy into?, the story mode has been replaced by a cold ,z-battle gate thing where some gates have only ONE fight,hollow? i think so
* everything new about it is crap ,arenas=crap, lots of new charcters=all clones,flying system= crappy controls and repetive gameplay,147 cutscenes=horrible , shody, hollow , in gane graphics of your character and his opponent standing in the fight area talking alot of **** and thast the same for every single f***ing one of them. Disgrace? i think yes

Although they have learned from their mistakes as the new psp one is back to the old side ways view which was great, no ps2 new one coming out soon though, but we can hope they do the right thing, actually playing it just yesterday i tried to send an e-mail to atari complaining aout this horrible game to try to tell the designers to go back to the way budokai 3 was but the site was awful i found contacts but they were all high up in management and it looked to me that they weren't the people to go to. Doesn't matter im sure plenty of people have complained anyway.

yeah rise of the robots was a ****e game for the sega, or was that one called rise of the machines? i mean the enemies were cooler than you,

I would say primal rage was a great game, i dont recall much but ill take your word on it that they had no specials but i remember it being really fun. What other game allowed you to bleed to death a gorilla!

BEAM swordzman

Smash Journeyman
The wrost game I played was SPIDER-MAN AND X-MEN: ARCADES REVENGE for the SNES
*shivers* I was only a like 5 when my dad bought that game from some gypsey and after a few minutes into the game, i almost never played my SNES again....
I mean the whole thing was random as hell! ranging from ******** level designs to the random *** senarios to the story.

Example. Spider-Man is swinging through town: Lalalala, nothing bad's gonna happen today! [explosion] Spider-Man: "OMG! a truck just exploded! This must be the works of Arcade!"-complete incredibly easy level that had nothing to do with the truck- Spider-Man: "OMG! What is the X-Men doing here?!" Arcade on a 63in screen: "**** you Spider-Man! You always interefer with my plans! You'll never find me in a completely remote and desolent place that would never exist in real life! Hahahaha" Wolverine: shaking his fist"Grrr Im'a gonna cut-a you a good!" -select character- Me: Hmmm, i choose Gambit! [Gambits Senario] "OMG! A giant boulder that stops rolling when your near it is heading right for me!" -you try and fail- -select a character- Me: Hmmm, I choose Wolverine! [Wolverine's Senario] Hahahaha! I trapped u in my toy box that's full of mentally disturbed people disguised as clowns! -Wolverine- "Grrr Im'a gonna cut-a you a good!" - you try and fail- burn the game-

the difficult starts out as ****** then skyrockets to Hell Mode! Repetive generic music marry the horrble graphics & terrible gameplay.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the worst game ever, charlie's angels for the GC was the worst

the worst game i played has got to be....american chopper....i despise that game

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
From what I hear, two of the worst games are ET (Atari) and The Guy Game (PS2). From what I remember, The Guy Game got an average score (EGM) of .1666666 (a 0, a 0, and a .5). I'm not explaining ET.

From experience...

SNES- Yoshi's Cookie. I rented Yoshi's Cookie and didn't know what the hell to do. No button did anything. Not fun.

N64- Didn't play too many bad games, but if I had to choose...Cruis'n Exotica. Mainly because the multiplayer made things worse (by things, I mean graphics, and they weren't so stunning to begin with). Also, the crashes weren't nearly as much fun as before. Oh, and Bomberman Hero was everything Bomberman 64 wasn't. Boring and single-player.

GBC- Donkey Kong Country. The music, my favorite aspect of the original, was demolished. It also looked and played worse...

GBA- Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge. It wasn't bad, just sublimely average, in every aspect (except the music, which is about the same as before). Pains me to say that, cause the console versions were excellent.

NGC- X-Men: Next Dimension. I only like the supers. Everything else is trash. For an exclusive title, Sonic Gems Collection had a bad ratio of good games to bad. Sonic CD and Vectorman vs. everything else.

PS2- I recently played Gungrave. Too short, and you spend most of your time mashing Square. And I didn't like the storyline or graphics too much either.

PS1- I played a demo of Armored Core and hated it. Forgot why.

Falco101

Smash Journeyman
super smash brothers melee....

and by that, i mean Tales of Symphonia... but I guess i am biased because i hate RPGs with a passion

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Whatever the heck Jeremey was playing:

Jeremy said:
Take your pony to the next water station. Brush her hair... Your pony died because it wasn't pretty enough...

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Donkey Dong said:
Man a lot of you guys hate some real classics.
Such as? I agree with you on that for the minority of the games mentioned, but the majority sure as hell fits the thread.

Aurus

Smash Cadet
I believe that the worst game I've ever played is Tibia, the pc MMORPG. First off, the graphics are atrocious, to the point where you can't even recognize a given object as what it is meant to be. Character models look ridiculous, as do items in your inventory. Perhaps even more heinous than the graphics, though, are the massive gameplay flaws. While walking around in an unexciting town in the the game world, my character would often stop moving for no apparent reason. I'd see a tiny glowing thing onsreen that looked like pile of powder blue vomit, but would be unable to do anything about it. Another thing: only one player is able to talk to an NPC at a time. In a room with thirty people in it, this gets infuriating fast. All of these factors made my experience with Tibia a swirling vortex of misery for all ten minutes that I played it.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
MegaKirby9 said:
Bubsy for the Genesis. If you get touched in the toe by those stupid alien dudes you break into pieces and die. Very realistic.
bubsby.....that sounds really familiar..what game was that exactly?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Aurus said:
I believe that the worst game I've ever played is Tibia, the pc MMORPG. First off, the graphics are atrocious, to the point where you can't even recognize a given object as what it is meant to be. Character models look ridiculous, as do items in your inventory. Perhaps even more heinous than the graphics, though, are the massive gameplay flaws. While walking around in an unexciting town in the the game world, my character would often stop moving for no apparent reason. I'd see a tiny glowing thing onsreen that looked like pile of powder blue vomit, but would be unable to do anything about it. Another thing: only one player is able to talk to an NPC at a time. In a room with thirty people in it, this gets infuriating fast. All of these factors made my experience with Tibia a swirling vortex of misery for all ten minutes that I played it.
****, that sounds ghey but sehks.

Another game that truly stinks in my opinion has to be Dragon Ball Z Sagas. You automaticly lock on to the nearest opponent, nuff said. Actually, the graphics seem like a super nintendo kind of thing as opposed to real XBOX graphics. They just made some game who before it hit the stores would sure create hype and the only money the developers of that game got was from the hyped up pre-orders.

BETA

Smash Ace
BEAM swordzman said:
The wrost game I played was SPIDER-MAN AND X-MEN: ARCADES REVENGE for the SNES.
My cousin had that. In all honesty, it wasn't that bad.

For the guy who said Bodoukai Tenkaichi (sp), you need to play Taiketsu for the GBA. Truly the worst DBZ game ever made, and that's saying something.

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
PS2- I recently played Gungrave. Too short, and you spend most of your time mashing Square. And I didn't like the storyline or graphics too much either.
Oh god i completed ythis within 2 hours of getting it i change my mind gungraves worse.

To BETA; hey the dbz games arent THAT bad if your a fan, not great but good they seem to when making a sequel to get rid of the best part of the former game and bring in a crrappy substitute but like i said budokai 3 for top tier

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
MegaKirby9 said:
Bubsy for the Genesis. If you get touched in the toe by those stupid alien dudes you break into pieces and die. Very realistic.
Bubsy was one of my favorite games I played on my friend's Genesis.

Do you expect a game where you play as a cat(I think you're a cat, some kind of animal) to be realistic? That game was amazing, you obviously expect too much from Genesis (and probably all) games.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Osco316 said:
Bubsy was one of my favorite games I played on my friend's Genesis.

Do you expect a game where you play as a cat(I think you're a cat, some kind of animal) to be realistic? That game was amazing, you obviously expect too much from Genesis (and probably all) games.
Yeah some people always look for realism when in essence, they should try to comprehend the theme and the background of that certain game before criticizing.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
JN64Lover said:
I CAN'T believe nobody mentioned BEBE'S KIDS for SNES. THIS IS TRULY THE WORST GAME EVER.
The second level has you breaking chinawear that a baby is knocking down from shelves. It doesn't make any sense, somebody please download this game to share the torture :chuckle: :chuckle:
honestly though i find this game entertaining because of how bad it is
No way! I had been trying to remember the name of that game for like ten years.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i dunno about worst videogame but i can deffinately tell you what the biggest letdown for me was.

MetroidPrime2. Not only was this game easier and shorter than MP1, but in a horribly cheap effort, the storyline was "oh snap!" an evil version of Samus!!! Wasn't this already the case in Metroid Fusion? And haven't we seen enough of this cliche? (SPEAKING of cliches. Oh snap..its a light/dark world. Well..hopefully they make each world unique. lol..but they didn't..its only slightly modified versions of each, so its half the time needed to program/design the game, and make you run back and forth just to make the game 3x as long as it should be.(but still shorter than MP1) But thats ok..because there are "new weapons". Hey, wait a minute. Doesn't this Dark beam look farmiliar? OH yea..its just the ICE BEAM but colored black insead, lolz. OK so maybe they DIDn't make that many new weapons.
Well...at least they have a buncha cool bosses. Oh wait..they DON'T they all look the freakin' same!!! lolz. Well...the music is kinna cool. But wait!...it only has 1/3 the soundtrack MP1 had!! hahahahahaa. OMG, this is the laziest pile of **** thrown quickly together, just so they'd have something to hope to compete w/ Halo2 and GTASanAndreas, hahaah.
To make matters worse, they rushed a multiplayer mode, that was so god-awful you an SD, and not lose a point!(a gay way to avoid being killed, and regain your life) Not to metion, a 'lock-on' feature isn't exactly skillful. And whoever got the anihilator beam is basically the winner. oh yea..and random powerups is so mario kart. Half the powerups put you at a dissadvantage anyway, lol.

So in that respect, MP2, is by far, the worst game i've played. Simply because MP is one of my favorite, most memorable game exerpiences ever. and MP2 was a carbon copy, w/ no extra work put into it to make it feel like a new game.

BlackJack

Smash Cadet
I'd have to say the worst game is this game called Rascal for the PS. You were this kid who'd go around shooting bubbles at monsters which was pointless and the graphics just wanted to make you hurl.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
XZero BeatX said:
Paper Boy...Is the lamest.
dude...paper boy rocked!!

specially when you got to smack those babies with the news paper.

haha, and after you finished the level, you got to offroad > <

ah..good old days.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
MenacingMike said:
dude...paper boy rocked!!

specially when you got to smack those babies with the news paper.

haha, and after you finished the level, you got to offroad > <

ah..good old days.
A grandma with a shotgun in a wheelchair...The game was funny, but that's about it. Oh and the wheelchair was turbo charged.

Top Bottom