• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Tournament Ever?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok, me and Bowyer were at a fairly large tournament today down in Chicago along with many other people including Kirk, Lain, Anther, Panda, and more.

Anyway, doubles went pretty much without a hitch. It took 2:30 hours and I got 4 rounds in but I suck at doubles anyway.

Then came singles.

Singles started at 4. I played 2 matches until 10. I just left afterward. I had only 1 bye and 2 matches, winning 1 and losing spectacularly to NoJ as Jigglypuff. After that I quit, at 10, in the losers bracket of round 4, after 6 freaking hours. We had 3 TV's set up for Brawl, out of like 65 people.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I've been to worse.

Go have a tourny in a bad town in a basement thats very cold and very dusty. Everybody had their coats on and were still shivering. It musta been 30 degrees in the room. From 11am till 11pm everybody was down there. And just about everybody got sick the next day. Most people were even coughing alot in the basement including myself.

I dunno what this has to do with Jigglypuff tho.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Legan was talking about going to this, and I suggested that we pass. Sounds like I made a good call...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Oh, and if it makes you feel better, NoJ is the only person to ever 3 stock me. The last stock was a 9 at 0%, and Joel played it off like it was nothing. Toooooooo good!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh, and if it makes you feel better, NoJ is the only person to ever 3 stock me. The last stock was a 9 at 0%, and Joel played it off like it was nothing. Toooooooo good!
That makes me feel good lol. I haven't been 3 stocked by him lol. I got 2 stocked twice, including green greens, but never 3 stocked. And without bucket canceling.....

illinialex24

Smash Hero
dang that tournament mustve sucked
Apparently I got 13th for doubles and 17th for singles which is kinda funny cause I am meh at doubles and we lost in the losers bracket on a 5 stock (5 suicides and a claptrap make winning almost impossible) and I left singles early with only 1 win...... And if I had kept on going I likely could have gotten a decent amount farther.

Top Bottom