• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Pikachu Player Ever Thread - New vids Midwest Circuit

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Anther, give me your skills. Probably the best Brawl Pikachu player I have seen on youtube so far. Keep up the good work Anther. :)

PeterTheLeader

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna take the QAC+Jolt, never knew you could use it like that. Only thing I would change is to add forward tilts into your repertoire.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
Anther, you just amaze. The speed at which you integrate ATs into your playstyle and knowing when to use them... incredible.

I take it back - pikachu can compete with just close combat against everything... as long as anther's playing.

A couple of things about the ROB matches - that ROB is very good at dodging combos and followups - mustve trained against a MK - anyways, you often start with an uair to combo, but many times ROB avoided your followup. You should then mix it up with nair for more damage instead of using uair too much.

the last ROB match on FD made me proud. But just a caution - Thundershock spam will win you matches but lose you friends.

keep it up, and congrats on winning the tourney.

Anther

Smash Champion
Oopsie... I might've not posted the other sets from the grand finals cause Overswarm beat me 2 sets in a row XD... I didn't want to overload with vids but they're available. The rest of our matches were all pretty close and good, just that he won more than I did XD.

Thanks though Spyckie XD. Glad the last one made at least one person proud. lol

iankobe

Smash Lord
Freakin' Great videos.

But what's up with the MM with the DDD? The quality is HORRIBLE! Nonetheless, I still managed to watch through both of them. Haha.

ynomrahnsguht

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HarmonyFlame
3DS FC
0387-8828-8761
i reallyyy admire your partience man. i think one important thing i need to learn is to be patient and not so aggressive. i often play really fast to trick my opponent but, i often times get punished for qac to much. ill put up some videos later this week so YOU can help me out.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
hey anther - a quick question...

Does uair -> QAC nair work against people good at avoiding your uair -> followup? The only thing I cringe at whenever I watch you play is your use of uair because it does so little damage when an nair would do more. Yes, the uair is faster and has more followups, but in brawl, followups are easy to avoid at the 'above average' level and you lose out on precious damage that you need to keep up with hard hitters (ROB, DDD, etc). It would be great if you could anticipate their airdodge or di and QAC to reach them... not sure if that actually works though.

Anther

Smash Champion
I'm sure it would actually. The main reason that I use uair over nair is uair has a bit more range, and I'd rather tap them than miss completely. But I'm sure a nair could work, though the time it takes to get to the ground might be enough for them to land and shield your QAC approach, I'll try it out. It'll look good even if it doesn't work ;D.
2 uairs is about equal to a nair, so it can all be percentage dependent. With nair it gives you the chance to edgeguard/kill at higher percents, and uair gives you the opportunity to combo into more attacks, which is more useful at lower percents.

PikZ

Smash Rookie
Amazing Pika!

Have you ever considered making a Pikachu guide, Anther? It would be very helpful ;)

Roller

Smash Legend
Amazing Pika!

Have you ever considered making a Pikachu guide, Anther? It would be very helpful ;)
You should dude.

On another note, we need to play again some time soon, everytime I play you I seem to take away something new. You get 98 Roller points for those vids out of 100. I took 2 points off for missed edgehog opportunities, other than that, you are near flawless.

Anther

Smash Champion
yo anther I noticed some new vids up. How'd you do? That G&W looks troublesome ^^.
He beat me at the tourney 2 weeks ago so I took 2nd again. But this week I managed to beat him.. with lucario >.<... His Gw was too much for my Pika this time around >=/. I just can't find a decent counter to GW's bair besides silly things like powershielding and getting poked by its landing hitbox or rolling around it to only have it lead to getting dsmashed by him =/.

Thanks for all the comments. And since like 3 whole people suggested it, I've started writing a guide. I'm not sure how well it'll turn out but I'm actually hoping and expecting to have something posted in the near future. It's coming along decent right now but I'm going to be throwing in some smash/game theory things I've thought about and I'm not entirely sure of how well I'll be able to transfer that into a guide that won't take weeks upon weeks to write XD. If it turns out too one dimensional I'll tell you guys I failed and edit this post to make it seem like it never happened =P.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Those Sets between you and Overswarm are just so amazing. You just keep getting better and better anther. You inspire the rest of us.

Roller

Smash Legend
Dude, if the guide takes weeks and weeks to make, that would mean it would probably be jammed full with as much as you know as possible. I would rather have that really long, in depth guide.

However I am sure whatever guide you wind up making will be great and help me out a lot. So I'd just like to say thanks in advance for all the time and effort you will undoubtably put in to this I (and I am positive I am not alone here) really appreciate it.

Anther

Smash Champion
Sorry about the guide, I've made progress on it Rollerking but I really dunno how long it'll take for it to get to the point where I release it.

I do have some more vids from this weekend though =D... Don't hate me :x!

gallax

Smash Hero
a guide by anther would be awesome. we would have a matchup guide, stage guide, video compilation, and a pika guide. this thread rules.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey anther I have a question and i know you probably won't answer but my question is you don't use QAC for long distance travel...is there a reason? the only thing i could think of was dashing limits your attacks, and QAC is predictable, so fast walking makes sense so you can do anything out of it, but like it didn't make sense cuz I think you could have gotten some free thunder ko's or at least damage/knockback from a double horizontal qac -> thunder a couple times (I am mainly referencing the 2nd video of you and kirkq on PS1), but yeah i was just wondering if you did it since it was against a rob who has projectiles, or just do this in general (i'm leaning toward the second one) and why you did it.

Anther

Smash Champion
I probably just didn't think of it at the moment. I often do one quick attack into a thunder and then regret not taking it just a step farther just of how far off the thunder'll be.

I'm not entirely sure if that's what you were asking though because that was such a long question XD.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
haha ok sorry no my question was like why don't you use QAC to travel long distances horizontally quickly? say you knock the person across the stage, you usually walk/speed walk across and i was just wondering the reason behind it

Anther

Smash Champion
haha ok sorry no my question was like why don't you use QAC to travel long distances horizontally quickly? say you knock the person across the stage, you usually walk/speed walk across and i was just wondering the reason behind it
Ah.. I do sometimes. Usually I'm just not in a rush though, hence the strolls across battlefield. Sometimes you just have to sit back and sniff the flowers, dig a hole, collect nuts and other sorts of happy things before re-engaging into the battle.

Rob also has his neutral air he can whip out which could be slightly dangerous for any quick attack approach. I do do it for some chases though, like after a ledge hopped neutral air.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
ok cool, thanks for the reply, i was just wondering, and i guess doing a stroll and digging gives you more options for attacks as well as reading your opponent...yeah the second half of my question was about did you do this for rob cuz of his game, but i guess it just is situational ( like everything) after all lol, thank you for replying :)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hey Anther.Could you help me out with some matchup tactics.

Im having a bit of trouble against a certain DDD.(I know I can beat him but im using the wrong ways to go about it)

Its just his edgeguarding is very good and he's also very good at shield grabbing me out of my aerials.I can chaingrab him till the cows come home but I find him hard to finish sometimes.

Got any advice on approaching DDD from the air?

Got any advice at all?!

BTW.Nice work against the MK in that set you posted.Some real nice stuff wit the QAC back to the stage especially.

Top Bottom