• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Look at Hyrule Warriors. That's has bugs in it and it's released in Japan. But bug fixes are being worked on.

Ridley can be in the game on the same day Roy is brought back.
Is that because you think it's unlikely, or that you don't want it? Always remember, this is Sakurai we're dealing with.

Booster

Smash Lord
Because sakurai forgot to bring a Mini or poison nushroom to Ridley. After all, Olimar was eating a dinner of Mega Mushroom of its return.

Now one of the worst thing for real is the new LEAK that I gonna say. I HATE IT WITH ALL MY HEART. Because people believe that its real when in reality there soo many fake stuff on it, Soo many wrong stuff... Sakurai...Is the only on-...
Wait a minute!? Did the leaker say there gonna be DLC before the game released when Sakurai say almost a year ago or months that the game is gonna have DLC after game is released not before.

The leak is soo wrong and sakurai need to stop it Twice to become debunked alongside with... Gematsu leak.
Olimar: BEHOLD, I AM MEGA OLIMAR, THE HUGEST ************ OF THEM ALL!!!!

Pikachu: Congrats, you're almost as tall as me and Kirby

Olimar: ****...

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Double Post
Fludd was completely useless in Brawl, seriously I could not find a use for him.
Yeah as much as I love sunshine, I dont like it. It wouldnt piss me off if it were a moveset customization, but if its default and I HAVE to use it online I will be mad.

Her final smash hasn't been shown yet.
Sorry. I put some uncofirmed stuff on the list. I just really hate her FS. I hope its all the abilitues from Super Princess Peach at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Booster

Smash Lord
Sorry. I put some uncofirmed stuff on the list. I just really hate her FS. I hope its all the abilitues from Super Princess Peach at once.
It's basically good for a free hit, THEN the opponents recover damage by eating the Peaches. Unless you have a Homerun Bat, completely useless

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
It's basically good for a free hit, THEN the opponents recover damage by eating the Peaches. Unless you have a Homerun Bat, completely useless
I always saw it as primatily a healing move. The thing is, it can heal your opponents too. Its just trash. I agree.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice

The fact that her dress is still purple in this costume where she has blonde hair, instead of pink. :(

I always saw it as primatily a healing move. The thing is, it can heal your opponents too. Its just trash. I agree.
If Peach has been buffed in terms of her moves having more knockback, then I wouldn't mind her FS returning. I thought it was very much like peach to use the power that she gets from the Smash Ball to just put everybody to sleep and flood the stage with some delicious fruit, :) in the same way Marth would use the power of the Smash Ball to make sure that his next attack is a critical hit. :D

Last edited:

John Storm

Smash Rookie
Fox' voice -.-
Also not too keen on some of the returning final smashes, such as Marios, Bowsers and Donkey Kongs. The Megaman stage seems a bit lame (due to the fact that the yellow devil appears way too frequently). And it's also a huge missed opportunity that they still haven't given Toon Link his own moveset :(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My least favorite thing is I don't like the direction of the Smash 4 community, and despite the community of Smash 4 having some amazing potential leaders, most of them are flat out ignored.

I worry for the competitive future of Smash 4 if people don't listen to REAL LEADERS (like a D1, Prog, Toronto Joe, Wobbles, or Scar) instead of FALSE PROPHETS (lol so many Midwest haters of any smash game in the past, Unknown, etc).

madBowers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adamsrewob
3DS FC
1177-9203-9654
With Sonic and Lucario coming back as well with their mechanics not changing as much. Kinda waste of space if you ask me, but as long as tripping goes away and hitstun being a little more reasonable this time around, I guess I'll have to deal with these eyesores.
Is tripping confirmed to be gone?

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
If Peach has been buffed in terms of her moves having more knockback, then I wouldn't mind her FS returning. I thought it was very much like peach to use the power that she gets from the Smash Ball to just put everybody to sleep and flood the stage with some delicious fruit, :) in the same way Marth would use the power of the Smash Ball to make sure that his next attack is a critical hit. :D
Im in he mindset that FSs should be big and flashy. Theyre not like a super move In SF. Its supposed to be big and flashy and just scream that char. Thats why I like C.Falcons and Ikes so much.
Is tripping confirmed to be gone?
Yes. Random tripping.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Fox' voice -.-
Also not too keen on some of the returning final smashes, such as Marios, Bowsers and Donkey Kongs. The Megaman stage seems a bit lame (due to the fact that the yellow devil appears way too frequently). And it's also a huge missed opportunity that they still haven't given Toon Link his own moveset :(
Yeah they really needed to change the Final Smashes, most of them are crap. I have some that would've been great:

Mario Final Smash: Mega Mario (Basically Giga Bowser but for Mario, uses source material for Smash)
Donkey Kong Final Smash: Kong Family (Donkey Kong summons his family to help beat up the enemies)
Pikachu Final Smash: Revised Volt Tackle (Works like the one from the anime, basically Critical hit)
Bowser Final Smash: Childhood Assistance (Kamek flies in and casts a spell on Bowser that turns him into the Final Boss from Yoshi's Island, basically Snake's Grenade Launcher but with fireballs and a gigantic Bowser in the background)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Worst part of Smash 4? I know I have my nitpicks like the next person, such as Pacman being in the game, but I ultimately throw those criticisms to the wayside. This is SSB we're talking about. I'm too excited to focus on any negatives because I know I'll be enjoying the game regardless of whatever issues I have. They are minor at best. Also, criticisms can be entirely subjective at times.

But what is the deal with the bashing of certain communities? Isn't that more of a people problem, rather than a game problem?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Before i start: English is not my first language. So please excuse Errors in grammar etc.

The worst part for me without any doubt is the ******** and moaning of this community (not everyone but you know..)

Desperatly trying to proof that Shulk or Bowser "Clown-Car" Jr. are clones (i hate that word btw) and calling Smash4-Roster
the worst Thing ever! Seriosly! I can understand (to some extend) that a character you hoped being playable is not in makes you
(a bit) dissapointet but really? No K Rool, Mewtwo or Ridley (with Mewtwo being the only one who woud hyped me but not as much as Rosalina, Lucina & Mega Man did) and your acting like the spoiled kid that got every present for his birthday exept one and calls it the worst day ever.

And even going as far and calling Sakurai and the developers incapable in game development.

Dont get me wrong. I love reading and discussing through the different threats and getting myself hyped for the game
but seriosly some of you need to calm down.

Thanks for reading. Jocario out!

Last edited:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm most disappointed in the fact we don't have a new creative design for the Multi-Man enemies. They just copped out and dumped the Miis into the game. Again.

I mean, I'd hoped that Sakurai would look at the Melee and Brawl hacks and allow us to unlock and play as the enemy fighter team, but this? Not what I'd hoped for, at all.

It's either that, or the fact that Mewtwo's getting the shaft. Again.

Being relevant enough to get another movie, as well as two Mega Evolutions in his own game apparently isn't enough to get back into Smash, it seems. Damn shame, since the only similarity to Lucario is their neutral specials being a chargeable Hadoken-style move.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Baby Bowser bringing a clown car and not a paint brush is about as sad as Ganondorf bringing his sword again but not using it.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Warning Received
NO, JUST NO. SHUT UP.
The worst part of Smash4? The Ridley teasing and the overall community, everything else looks ridiculously good.
Whats wrong with the community? lol

Was it really worth distorting the entire page for a twelve word post?
Didn't have to be a **** about it

Last edited by a moderator:

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's in it and Snake probably won't be.

That and the new theme music is... underwhelming. It's not bad, but it just feels more like CSS music than the main theme to me.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
The worst thing for me is that it will be its own individual game instead of melee 2.0:troll:

Last edited:

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
The worst part of smash 4 is that there is a 3ds version. Its holding the game back.

Spirst

ARE YOU CRAZY? xD
He's right though, no? If both the Wii U and the 3DS roster are announced to be parallel to one another, and both of the consoles have very different amounts of power, which do you think will be catered to first? The one with the lesser amount of power, the 3DS, will be the version that's considered "the lowest common denominator." We can already see that with supposed cut of the Ice Climbers. The Wii U can handle the Ice Climbers just fine but the 3DS would have an issue rendering 4 Ice Climber pairs at once on screen. Because of this, and the announcement of both versions being parallel in characters, a cut from the 3DS version means a cut from the Wii U one (again, a console that can more than handle it). If that's not the 3DS holding the Wii U back, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Yes. IF Ice climbers are cut (or any other limitation to characters is done) because of the 3DS version. Then I ****ing hate that the 3DS version exists. This is so unfair and I'd rather have more Pikmin with Olimar and Ice Climbers back than have a 3DS version. And I don't even play these two characters! Some things just aren't right.

Will still buy and love the 3DS version simply because it's Smash.

But except that. The only thing so far that I don't like is the costume/color system. Why isn't it more unified? Why do we have clones that are hardly different and why do some have proper costumes and some just colors? Why didn't Samus get proper suits? So messy in my opinion. But it's still great to see it expanded, but it's half-assed.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Yes. IF Ice climbers are cut (or any other limitation to characters is done) because of the 3DS version. Then I ****ing hate that the 3DS version exists. This is so unfair and I'd rather have more Pikmin with Olimar and Ice Climbers back than have a 3DS version. And I don't even play these two characters! Some things just aren't right.
First and foremost, this. Like I understand that Nintendo is trying to move units and putting a version on the 3DS is sure to sell a ton. But don't gimp my game for the 3DS sake. The Wii U base is pretty small and it's a poke in the eye to those who have supported the system to get short-changed. Make the Wii U version and then make adjustments for a a port to 3DS.

Second, I think Sakurai needs a handler or some kind of marketing advisor. His information dispersement for this game (well, most games) has been terribly mismanaged, IMO. Do I need to explain why the Ridley-shadow thing was a colossally idiotic move? Fans are going to hate him if he isn't playable (which he likely isn't) and deservedly so. Why be so withholding over veterans? There are a dozen or so veterans that still are completely up-in-the-air less than 2 weeks from launch and we don't know jack. If Ice Climbers are cut, maybe you should get in front of this. And maybe not trickling a droplet of (mostly useless) information everyday would do more to sate the fanbase's rage. Don't want your stuff leak? Give us something to work with here. Do we actually even KNOW anything about a 1P mode for the Wii U? A release date? And of course there is the ass-backwards approach to hype building. Whereas most media moguls would give an initial tease to tantalize fans/consumers and really wrap-up with a huge bang, Sakurai constantly limps to the finish line with ROB and Toon Link, or in this case, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt. Whoo freaking hoo. Smash Bros. blue balls.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Definitely the cost of Amiibos. $13 per Amiibo is way too much. I was considering collecting them all, but if they are around 48+ characters with a cost of $13 each, you are out of your damn mind. A price at around $6-8 would definitely be ideal.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Definitely the cost of Amiibos. $13 per Amiibo is way too much. I was considering collecting them all, but if they are around 48+ characters with a cost of $13 each, you are out of your damn mind. A price at around $6-8 would definitely be ideal.
ARE YOU KIDDING? So man people expected them to be $30-60 dollars! Look at the quality in the figures! $13 is a steal!

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
#1 worst thing? That it isn't Melee obviously. In all seriousness though it is the E3 build that tricked everyone into thinking that the mechanics were so slow and uncompetitive. Unless of course the mechanics turn out to still be too brawly in which case the mechanics are the worst thing about it. Well Wii Fit Trainer is pretty bad too.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
ARE YOU KIDDING? So man people expected them to be $30-60 dollars! Look at the quality in the figures! $13 is a steal!
People expected those to be $30 to $60? I find that hard to imagine. When you have your data that proves these statements, let me know. =)

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
People expected those to be $30 to $60? I find that hard to imagine. When you have your data that proves these statements, let me know. =)
You clearly didn't see people on the boards predicting the price on forums or youtube comments

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
They're little pieces of plastic, why would people have expected them to be $30-$60? I never saw anyone predicting those prices

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
The fact that the Balloon Fight stage so far seems to be 3DS exclusive, when Balloon Fight is from a console. Sure there were some handheld Balloon Fight games, but the stage is clearly from the NES original.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the Balloon Fight stage so far seems to be 3DS exclusive, when Balloon Fight is from a console. Sure there were some handheld Balloon Fight games, but the stage is clearly from the NES original.
LOL

The Wii U has the freaking Pokémon League
There's never even been a (main) Pokemon game on a console

BUT, I guess, if that is really the "worst" you can think of, then that's, I guess, really just a compliment to the game

Crudedude

Smash Cadet
Yesss the reference to Other M D: I've always thought "Why Team Ninja?" Thankfully it seems like they had little influence on Hyrule warriors expect the design on the girls -_- however my opinion on worst thing so far is the suggestion of guess characters that people piled on (thank you sonic and snake). Those wish list was so o.O

Booster

Smash Lord
I agree with everything you just said, Amiibos at their current price are a rip off, I can get FULL GAMES for that price, no seriously, I got Final Fantasy 7 Black Label at a Thrift Store for $5, damn!

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
no momentum jumps....why was that taken out? it made sense for samus to not have them because her games were like that, but what about mario? He doesn't lose speed when he jumps out of a run in his platforming games does he?

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Zero Suit Samus is getting a noticeably critical eye today.

Just my observation.

My only problem with her is hardly the unpopular opinion; the heels. Not only are they obviously horrible for combat and to wear in general, but they directly violate her original design intention in Zero Mission (which specifically said "ATTENTION! Don't give heel too much height!").

I'm an author, so I mean it when I say this: Don't. ****. With canon.
Her boots and bracelets remind me of the power ups you'd find in sonic adventure 2....duno if thats good or bad...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom