• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
I'm more disappointed at Lucas and Ice Climbers being gone. Also Dr. Mario bugs me.

But I'll get over it.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
brawls dash dance and no momentum transfer are the worst parts for me. I'll reserve the rest of my judgement for when I get all the frame data. I want frame data on all the landing lag on aerials and on all the throws.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
wow, what happened to all your hype?

It was a bad day for us huh :/
What happened to all my hype? I think the culprit's pretty obvious:

This man, he's capable of making a fanbase eat from the palm of his hand for ONE WHOLE YEAR and then as they're about to finally get to that treat at the end of the meal, he SLAPS them across the face with a pair of black wings and a doctor's coat. The lack of the best, better-than-everyone else character drained all the hype, so the worst part of this game...IT'S THE GAME ITSELF, THE FACT THAT IT'S ALLOWED TO EXIST WITHOUT HAVING PLAYABLE RIDLEY.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'd be happy with the roster, hell I'd even be thrilled with custom moves, if the game play wasn't as nerfed as it is. Unless some massive breakthrough happens, the hours of footage I've seen so far suggest Smash 4 will flourish into a balanced version of Brawl. In my book, this game play trade off would've needed some otherworldly expansive roster to make me happy.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy with the roster, hell I'd even be thrilled with custom moves, if the game play wasn't as nerfed as it is. Unless some massive breakthrough happens, the hours of footage I've seen so far suggest Smash 4 will flourish into a balanced version of Brawl. In my book, this game play trade off would've needed some otherworldly expansive roster to make me happy.
Completely agree. The roster is meaningless if the mechanics and physics are poor. Unless they give us a "melee mode" in smash for wii u than I'm gonna have to wait for a Smash 4 PM to be happy.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Literally the only thing about this game that upsets me is Dark Pit. I'm not even picky with roster selection, but Dark Pit is just such an eyesore.

I can forgive Doc, cause he was in Melee. But Dark Pit just has absolutely no reason to be in the game. Any other Uprising character would have been a better choice. They could have used those resources on Lucas or Wolf. Literally ANYONE would have been better. But instead we get Sassy Pit: Edginess Intensifies "Because I made him, guise". I can't think of one good reason for him to exist. Not even one. The only thing notable he does in Uprising is act like a douche. That's all he does. Riveting. So happy.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The worst part? The worst part is not owning and playing it. That's the worst part about SSB4 and any game in general, especially games with long development times - I'm looking at you Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
The worst part? Seeing obnoxious reactions to all of this. Both sides said some pretty harsh stuff which is a downer.

New smash bros is bigger than a few characters. The community is better than it's worst moments. Cmon guys, get along and have fun with this. It's a special time :)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dark Pit is a waste of a character slot.
Random's a waste too. We never even get to play as "Random", instead, we get to play other crappy characters like Samus and Mega Man. Who wants to play as them, when we got "Random"?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random's a waste too. We never even get to play as "Random", instead, we get to play other crappy characters like Samus and Mega Man. Who wants to play as them, when we got "Random"?!
Random's the best character though! He's like every character combined!

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
I'm absolutely in love with this game. I can admit to not really caring about Dark Pit, but since my best friend's favorite character from Uprising was Dark Pit, I'm still happy to see him because he's happy. Lucas not returning makes me sad, along with all the characters everyone else wanted to see (Dixie would have made my year), but lines gotta be drawn in the sand sometime I guess. I also miss Dedede's Final Smash immensely.
The good outweighs the bad at the end of the day.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fact the game isn't melee is the worst part

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Previous clone characters getting cut for new and recurring clone characters,which might sound like a fair trade off,is really just a punch to the face.i think the biggest complain is mewtwo getting the axe again.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Previous clone characters getting cut for new and recurring clone characters,which might sound like a fair trade off,is really just a punch to the face.i think the biggest complain is mewtwo getting the axe again.
Or rather the Shadow Ball or Dark Aura 'cause y'know, being all Psychic-type and all.

Er... the only clones characters were semi-clones: Lucas and Wolf and Ice Climbers who didn't have clones along with Pokémon Trainer, but that sort of makes sense. Dr. Mario (clone) got reintroduced and two clones, Pittoo and Lucina, were introduced. Everyone else is unique.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
No Wolf. Destroyed my hype hard. And worst of all, when the full game went live 24 hours ago and footage came in, he was among the first debunked characters. So I came into the experience with low expectations and less interest. Which was probably for the best, because the leaked game showed me that I'd known the full roster and Wolf's fate for two weeks.

No Wolf and an anticlimactic end to the hype and speculation. That's the worst part for me, and I'm not nearly as excited for the game now as I was a YEAR ago, even though its already almost out. Disappointing, but that's how it happens.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The worst part?

Trying to take the high road and not laugh like the Duck Hunt Dog at the individuals who are currently salty over the lack of their favourite being in. The same individuals who likewise did the same to me back in December with Toad, as well as all the other early deconfirmations.

It's really hard guys.

The fans that are raging, causing arguments, hoping Sakurai gets fired, etc. over a character or two that isn't playable.

It's one thing to be disappointed, it's another to do this.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mewtwo getting axed again when he had so much in his favor.

The fans that are raging, causing arguments, hoping Sakurai gets fired, etc. over a character or two that isn't playable.

It's ome thing to be disappointed, it's another to do this.
And this. The salt on SmashBoards could fill a lake.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I already had my fix for characters, and hating on Dark Pit who took maybe 5 hours to put in is hilariously dumb. So instead, the worst part is lack of online for Smash Run mode. Oooh, but suuurely you guys wanna have a spectator mode where we can see 12 year olds play the game. That's reaaaal necessary. Top priority, god-tier, 10/10. Good freaking move on your end, Sakurai.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just the fact that there an Elec Man Assist Trophy over the likes of Proto Man or Cut Man. I mean seriously, it's like the most random idea of a Mega Man Assist Trophy in history since he lacks the popularity and importance those two have.

Twewy

Smash Lord
The worst part?

Trying to take the high road and not laugh like the Duck Hunt Dog at the individuals who are currently salty over the lack of their favourite being in. The same individuals who likewise did the same to me back in December with Toad, as well as all the other early deconfirmations.

It's really hard guys.
Laugh if you wish, irony is the feather upon your feet.

I have to agree with others in that I don't like Dark Pit. While I appreciate the devs adding as many characters as they did, I feel as if there could have been a better clone than Pitoo.

Go play Melee then? :confused:
I can't believe you couldn't see the sarcasm

The worst part..... No.... The best part is the mountain of salt being dropped as of the moment

I can't lie though. I don't like Dark Pit all that much but that's a known fact already

Other than that, I'm betting the people who think this roster is crap is still gonna buy the game anyway. If they don't then they really have some serious psychological or mental issues. To be intentionally very blunt

Last edited:

AIM0001

Smash Lord
1. Falco has the Landmaster as a FS!
2. 4 reps for fire emblem and 3 for Kid Icurus. But only 2 for DK and Metroid?
3. I hate the fact Rainbow road is a 3DS stage and not a WiiU stage.
4. Not enough vets got new Final Smashes.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Everything about this game's so terrible, I can't even begin to describe it, but the worst thing has to be the roster.

DarkPit&DrMariooverRidley/10

That's my score.
So your score is 10/10 cause Ridley is better not being a playable character in Smash Bros.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Despite not actually caring to the point of feeling the need to go out of my way to complain, I'm not thrilled about Dark Pit being in (I hope and expect that this will change with time) and I'm a little disappointed about Lucina's final smash not being given any aesthetic differences to Marth's (although I pretty much never play with smash balls active). :p Besides that, I do not think that there's a single thing that bothers me enough to mention.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I can't believe you couldn't see the sarcasm

The worst part..... No.... The best part is the mountain of salt being dropped as of the moment

I can't lie though. I don't like Dark Pit all that much but that's a known fact already

Other than that, I'm betting the people who think this roster is crap is still gonna buy the game anyway. If they don't then they really have some serious psychological or mental issues. To be intentionally very blunt
I think the roster is unimpressive due to the latter editions, and I'm not buying it as it stands currently (i believe the Wii U will remedy this clone issue with 5 more unlockable vet's/newcomers, providing a reason to purchase the Wii U version of Brawl because no, modes will not be enough because what defines the game is the fighting).

Also, saying someone has "psychological or mental issues" because they dislike an aspect of the game and therefore won't buy it is a terrible viewpoint. We have our right to discern what we find appealing, and if it does not meet our expectations than why should we buy the game? "Vote with your money" is a often used quote for a reason.

I think the roster is unimpressive due to the latter editions, and I'm not buying it as it stands currently (i believe the Wii U will remedy this clone issue with 5 more unlockable vet's/newcomers, providing a reason to purchase the Wii U version of Brawl because no, modes will not be enough because what defines the game is the fighting).

Also, saying someone has "psychological or mental issues" because they dislike an aspect of the game and therefore won't buy it is a terrible viewpoint. We have our right to discern what we find appealing, and if it does not meet our expectations than why should we buy the game? "Vote with your money" is a often used quote for a reason.
So the "fighting" is what defines the game yet you refuse to buy it because of the roster? So far, the "fighting" or should I say the gameplay demonstration of Smash 4 (During the streams) were incredibly impressive. It's all good news

The following walls of texts are not directed to you but it's directed for those people suffering from massive sodium intake because despite not liking the roster, at least (and I hope) you're not scorning Sakurai for it.

It's not only weird but very baffling on how people may not buy the game solely because the roster is not really that good. I can never understand how one can simply not buy the game because the roster is "not good". Sure, Smash Bros. was meant to be an all-stars Nintendo game that's suppose to commemorate Nintendo's history which is probably why the roster is an important aspect to get right, but at this point, it became much more than just adding whatever wanted characters for certain reasons.

Plus, this is VERY important to state clearly but the roster is not what makes the game good. Melee's roster was.... Full of clones yet, the gameplay was engaging and exhilarating (I think those 2 words describe the gameplay very well). Brawl may have had a good roster (exponentially better than Melee's) but the gameplay was incredibly watered down.

Now I'm not trying to discount the importance of the roster. I'll say it here, this is still a commemoration to Nintendo's history so they need to pick the characters correctly. To be honest, all the newcomers have their historical achievements and records (sans Bowser Jr)

- Rosalina was one of the main faces of the Super Mario Galaxy series (Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 were critically acclaimed. 3rd place of all time in Metacritic and 1st (SMG 1)/2nd (SMG 2) place in Gamerankings
- Duck Hunt Dog (NES Zapper)
- As much as I hate Dark Pit, Kid Icarus was recently revived and it has been positively received. This also includes Palutena by the way (Edit: Oh and, there's bias here with Sakurai but we all know that)
- Wii Fit Trainer (22.69 million units sold. That's all I need to say. That's a successful mark on Nintendo's history. Oh and she carries the name "Wii" in her name which sold around 100 million)
- Robin and Lucina came from the most critically acclaimed Fire Emblem of all time (Very subjective though. Based on ratings)
- Villager, well, Animal Crossing: New Leaf was a massive success so there's that
- Little Mac came from the well known Punch Out (NES) and was revived in Punch Out (Wii)
- Shulk came from the best JRPG of the 7th gen and also: Operation Rainfall
- Mega Man and Pacman are self explanatory
- Miis, well... Not fond of them but they are the first "avatar" characters in Nintendo history that are usually in games like Wii Sports and that stuff which all sold well
- Greninja, self explanatory yet again, Pokemon X/Y

The only head scratch characters for me are Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario

For those people who aren't buying the game JUST BECAUSE your favorite character is not getting in, you have to accept what you get. If you think not buying the game and lashing out to Sakurai will make the situation any better, it won't. It's futile. The game will sell a lot because of .... well, being Smash.

So here's the basic point of what I'm saying: The roster ain't everything. Oh and there's Shulk

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
the fact that the 3ds and wii u game isnt out in america yet! there is nothing wrong with the smash series, who cares who is in, who cares who is top tier, ITS SMASH! these people have worked so hard to give us SOO much content, we all shold be happy no matter what smash 4 or smash 5 etc is!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Dislike the fact that I'm paying for two halves of the same game separately and I can never have the full package in one place.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

It's ome thing to be disappointed, it's another to do this.
This is standard steam blowing.

Worst part about smash bros 4 is that in the end, I'm going to be playing smash with these exact people when they buy a copy anyway.

1406595251166.jpg

ferioku

Smash Ace
What happened to all my hype? I think the culprit's pretty obvious:

This man, he's capable of making a fanbase eat from the palm of his hand for ONE WHOLE YEAR and then as they're about to finally get to that treat at the end of the meal, he SLAPS them across the face with a pair of black wings and a doctor's coat. The lack of the best, better-than-everyone else character drained all the hype, so the worst part of this game...IT'S THE GAME ITSELF, THE FACT THAT IT'S ALLOWED TO EXIST WITHOUT HAVING PLAYABLE RIDLEY.
So you're getting upset because you didn't get the characters you want? I wanted Isaac and I'm not complaining! He clearly added the clones because he had time to release them, whilst he didn't have enough to release Ridley. This is a very selfish reason to dislike the game.

Either way, I'm willing to bet that there are DLC characters, this roster doesn't look complete in my opinion.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think the worst part is the part of time when people started to get salty over a character not being in.
Not buying the game because of a character not being in is a valid reason, but acting like another character took their chances away is invalid, and raging across the forums draining people's hype is unnecessary and unwanted. Sakurai can add whatever amount of characters he wants.

Also, Ice Climbers being cut. Hopefully they'll be in as a future patch or DLC.

I'll enjoy this game regardless.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
Everyone loved Melee and this game has almost twice as many characters. Anyway as a Dr. Mario main in Melee I look forward to playing him again in Sm4sh beating all you whiners online in a few months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom