• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booster

Smash Lord
This is not a place for character debates...although if it WAS Wii Fit Trainer would be the worst. But anyways, what is the worst part of Smash 4 besides character and stage reveals you dislike? For me, it's the Metroid Other M references, that game DID NOT ****ING HAPPEN, Nintendo NEVER let Team Ninja/Sonic Team's Brother touch the holy Metroid license to **** on it and for Nintendo to have a TON of references to it is as bad as the Sonic 06 level in Sonic Generations, I mean goddamn Nintendo...

Edit by Hong - Your post must not revolve around character reveals or bashing the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

For me personally, it's the Mr. Game & Watch tease. Kind of a silly/minor thing, but as a Game & Watch player in both Melee and Brawl, it drove me nuts that he was shown...only to find out that he wasn't explicitly confirmed.

Booster

Smash Lord
For me personally, it's the Mr. Game & Watch tease. Kind of a silly/minor thing, but as a Game & Watch player in both Melee and Brawl, it drove me nuts that he was shown...only to find out that he wasn't explicitly confirmed.
The people who want Ridley understand your pain.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
The fact that Palutena has so much variety for custom movesets, but yet she can't use them online.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, threads like this often end up in flames, so tread carefully, people.

In any case, as for me, it's that Toon Link is virtually unchanged. (>_>)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Nothing MOTHER related except franklin badges and Mr. Saturns revealed.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Miis can't be used online. It would be perfectly fine if they used the default faces instead of custom-made ones, but taking them out entirely is way too far, whether or not people argue about them being in to begin with.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
With Sonic and Lucario coming back as well with their mechanics not changing as much. Kinda waste of space if you ask me, but as long as tripping goes away and hitstun being a little more reasonable this time around, I guess I'll have to deal with these eyesores.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
For Glory Mode. Not only can you not use custom movesets, but Mii's are banned, and final destination is a poor stage to always be competitive. Little Mac is going to be so overpowered in it.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Miis can't be used online. It would be perfectly fine if they used the default faces instead of custom-made ones, but taking them out entirely is way too far, whether or not people argue about them being in to begin with.
If weight/height affects gameplay, this would mess people up.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
For Glory Mode. Not only can you not use custom movesets, but Mii's are banned, and final destination is a poor stage to always be competitive. Little Mac is going to be so overpowered in it.
You can't use Miis and custom movesets in online with strangers period. Not just in For My Friends Glory.

Anyway, I'm going to agree with Falkoopa and say that it's Toon Link's implementation. Followed by the the nerf to Marth's air-game.
Though, if you want something out of the realm of characters, then it's the Wily's Castle stage. Specifically, I don't really care for the Yellow Devil. It's a bit too random and intrusive for my tastes. Granted, it could've been far worse, but I think I'd like it better if it only appeared once in the span of two minutes.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
The cesspool that is the Miiverse Smash community.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
You can't use Miis and custom movesets in online with strangers period. Not just in For My Friends Glory.

Anyway, I'm going to agree with Falkoopa and say that it's Toon Link's implementation. Followed by the the nerf to Marth's air-game.
Though, if you want something out of the realm of characters, then it's the Wily's Castle stage. Specifically, I don't really care for the Yellow Devil. It's a bit too random and intrusive for my tastes. Granted, it could've been far worse, but I think I'd like it better if it only appeared once in the span of two minutes.
You can use them with friends though. It is only banned in for fun and for glory modes with strangers. For fun does not really matter to me, so I do not really care, but For Glory mode I did.

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Miis, filler pics, and people swearing up and down that Ridley will supposedly be in the roster despite the fact its been STRONGLY SUGGESTED he's a stage boss on Pyrosphere! On that note, Sakurai should go ahead and crush the Ridley diehards hopes and dreams so we as a community don't have to hear Ridley this and Ridley that! ;)

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
For Glory turning off platforms instead of only hazards.

And since the OP mentions it, yeah, any reference to Metroid Other M existing is also deeply unfortunate. :/

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
FINAL DESTINATION ONLY

But seriously, that sucks. Final Destination is not the most competitive friendly stage. It just feels like a smack in the face at times.

Oh, and no worldwide release of Smash 3ds. Ugh..

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The Gematsu leak, which divided our community in ways that it didn't need to be divided.
To be honest, this.
The rumor's cool and all, but seriously, guys.

Calling people names because they don't believe in it is kind of outrageous and I've seen that way too much.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The possibility that once Smash Wii U comes out the 3DS version will be tossed aside to be forgotten.
Which sucks for me since I plan on playing exclusively on the 3DS (don't have a Wii U).

pickle962

Smash Lord
The possibility that once Smash Wii U comes out the 3DS version will be tossed aside to be forgotten.
Which sucks for me since I plan on playing exclusively on the 3DS (don't have a Wii U).
If anything, the 3DS will find a home in the Online Tournaments section and will be a great way to practice up on long car rides to tournaments. :)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't see why.
If I'm away from my Wii U and happen to have my 3DS on me (which is usually) then I'll pull it out and Smash.

It's worth keeping around and I don't see why sane people would toss it aside unless they dislike portable smash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't see why.
If I'm away from my Wii U and happen to have my 3DS on me (which is usually) then I'll pull it out and Smash.

It's worth keeping around and I don't see why sane people would toss it aside unless they dislike portable smash.
From what I've seen. It mostly due to the fact that some consider the inferior version. Even to the point where people will thrash on the graphics. That's how bad it gets.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
From what I've seen. It mostly due to the fact that some consider the inferior version. Even to the point where people will thrash on the graphics. That's how bad it gets.
Oh hey, I want to change my answer to "what is the worst part of smash brothers" to these kinds of people.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Miis Pacman and the gameplay not looking that different the last installment. No option to turn off stage hazards.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Aw man, I didn't even know that...
I'm actually not sure whether it is or not tbh, does anyone have any confirmation on how it will be? Time base will kill the vibe :(

I just checked the smash direct and the for glory gameplay had no stocks at the bottom of the screen :\

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh hey, I want to change my answer to "what is the worst part of smash brothers" to these kinds of people.
It's one of the reason I'm considering hiding for a while when it comes out (the other reason is that I'll be too occupied unlocking everything. And I want to train to be able to challenge people here) at least till the fire has died out a bit.

This. The wasted potential is staggering. I was fine with him as a clone in Brawl. Time could have been an issue there, but Smash 4 should have changed that. I would almost go so far as to take him out of the game instead of abandoning he's amazing weapons and tools. They could have given him one weapon and I would have been happy. A single defining special from one of his games: Deku Leaf, Whirlwind, Sand Rod, Cane of Pacci...anything. But nope. Boomerang, Arrow, Sword Spin, Bomb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom