• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
we barley got any information about smash for 3ds or Wii u we did not see any new modes all they talked about was smash run for like 50 different times we get it smash run you are in this maze and you have to collect power ups and then you fight whats so hard to understand about that

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Gematsu leak, which divided our community in ways that it didn't need to be divided.
To be honest, this.
The rumor's cool and all, but seriously, guys.

Calling people names because they don't believe in it is kind of outrageous and I've seen that way too much.

The cult that leak has gathered is unreal. But the worst part is how many of the believers try to shove it in your face and proclaim the leak as 100% factually true and refuse to believe how the leak has had it's inconsistencies and incorrect stuff to it and make up excuses for them.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I think the online got some interesting adjustments to it. For one, unranked and ranked is a great addition. Then you have some hidden matchmaking (don't know anything about it but at face value that's good!). The Wii U's online being generally more modern and reliable than the Wii's is another good thing. So if the game can actually run smoothly online, then it would be a massive improvement over Brawl's lacklustre Wi-Fi mode.

However, there's still a small problem I have with it - the lack of options in With Anyone. I wanted to see a system in which the players have a set time to vote for the rules similar to Mario Kart Wii. You vote for game type (time + how long, stock + number of stock, coin, timed stock, etc.) and in For Fun you'd have the addition of voting for the frequency of the items (low, mid, high, very high, etc.) and which ones to turn off or on. With a good and comprehensive time limit this could have been achieved.

Otherwise I'm content with everything else so far.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link, Sheik, and Donkey Kong retaining their Brawl final smashes.

Also Zelda being trash tier in the demo, but obviously that's subject to change.

pickle962

Smash Lord

The cult that leak has gathered is unreal. But the worst part is how many of the believers try to shove it in your face and proclaim the leak as 100% factually true and refuse to believe how the leak has had it's inconsistencies and incorrect stuff to it and make up excuses for them.
A million times THANK YOU!!! Could not have phrased it better myself! The guy has surprisingly gotten most things right in some form or another, but if I recall properly, Gematsu didn't anticipate Rosalina, Greninja, or the shocking return of Ike (which casts doubt on a Fire Emblem Awakening character making the cut) If the supposed Xenoblade rep makes the cut, that would put us at like 5 swordsmen and a sixth addition like Chrom would be redundant as Smash has generally been known for unique rosters and a buttload of swordsmen kinda takes away from that similar to three Star Fox reps from Brawl playing mostly the same (right down to having the same final smash).

A word to anyone who believes in Gematsu, Unless Sakurai or Nintendo officially confirms it, take it with a grain of salt! Likewise, Ridley is STRONGLY SUGGESTED to be a stage boss on pyrosphere, so ridley fanboys who insist he's somehow gonna be in the game's roster, do us a favor and STFU ;)

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Miis, filler pics, and people swearing up and down that Ridley will supposedly be in the roster despite the fact its been STRONGLY SUGGESTED he's a stage boss on Pyrosphere! On that note, Sakurai should go ahead and crush the Ridley diehards hopes and dreams so we as a community don't have to hear Ridley this and Ridley that! ;)
NO, JUST NO. SHUT UP.
The worst part of Smash4? The Ridley teasing and the overall community, everything else looks ridiculously good.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
The overuse of the colors green and blue for the character portrait backgrounds on the website.

Seriously, the lack of color balance is almost visually disturbing. Did you know Pac-Man is the first newcomer to have a non-blue-or-green color background? What's up with that? Did Mii Fighters HAVE to use blue? Pit, Fox, Samus, Megaman, Sonic, Marth, Rosalina, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, and Greninja weren't enough?

What's a guy got to do to get some Orange or Yellow around here?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The true fear of my mains Ivysaur and Lucas very possibly not returning. My hype is palpable but not as much as it could/should be.

pickle962

Smash Lord
NO, JUST NO. SHUT UP.
Ouch, I am wounded! Truly I am good sir! :troll: On topic, the stage bosses sound cool on paper, but unless there is gonna be an option to turn em off, several solid stages like Dr. Wily's castle are going to be unfairly banned just because it has a hazard like the Yellow Devil ruining the competitive vibe!

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I for one wish the Gematsu leak was never real. The amount of non-hype I had during E3 because I knew who was going to be shown just sucked. I'm tooootally gonna be surprised and shocked when Chrom Shulk and Chorus Kids get announced =n=

Im gonna miss the days during like the Greninja trailer when I had no idea who it was gonna be.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I strongly recommend not making posts like this if you don't want the thread suffer a terrible fate.
Oh don't worry. All we need is an Ocarina and the Song of Healing and we'll be back to our normal selves. :upsidedown:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The Yellow Devil.

Really though, I just don't have much to complain about.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
NO, JUST NO. SHUT UP.
The worst part of Smash4? The Ridley teasing and the overall community, everything else looks ridiculously good.
Really? No need for telling people to shut up.

The worst part of Smash 4 is an opinion, meaning there isn't a right or wrong answer. Please don't treat people as if your opinion is fact and everyone else's is wrong.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
I love how it's turned out... mostly.

I just feel like it has so much more potential though!

• Toon Link gets me upset for some reason.
  • Sonic is returning? Ugh
  • Palutena is great and all, but her moveset seems complicated.
  • WFT? Ok...

There's more, but I'm too lazy.

Also, the game could use other references.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
The fact that people confuse "Online with anyone" with "Online" period?

Oh, and fandom spite. You know exactly what I'm talking about--hating anything *because* of its fans.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Please don't treat people as if your opinion is fact and everyone else's is wrong.
I agree.
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how extreme it is. I believe every opinion should be respected even if it's completely out of the park.

However, if people **** on other people's opinions then their own opinion is about as worthless as their attitude, I think. It's fine to be funny about it but if people genuinely attack other people because of their opinions *COUGH* then the first group of people aren't worth sharing your opinion with.

Oh, and fandom spite. You know exactly what I'm talking about--hating anything *because* of its fans.
I used to feel guilty of that, but then I realized that that's not what's actually going on with me.

For instance, I used to read Homestuck. I find it incredibly entertaining and I don't hate it. I stopped reading it because people wouldn't stop shipping themselves with trolls around me though, which kind of made me lose touch with the comic. I don't hate it, it's still an awesome thing, but it's kind of depressing that everyone I personally know won't talk about it with me without being uncomfortably obsessive over troll genitals or something, you know what I mean?

This is a bit off topic though, sorry. If a summary of my point is needed, it's that I don't hate things because of the fanbase, I just hate the annoying part of fanbases. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I agree.
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how extreme it is. I believe every opinion should be respected even if it's completely out of the park.

However, if people **** on other people's opinions then their own opinion is about as worthless as their attitude, I think. It's fine to be funny about it but if people genuinely attack other people because of their opinions *COUGH* then the first group of people aren't worth sharing your opinion with.

I used to feel guilty of that, but then I realized that that's not what's actually going on with me.

For instance, I used to read Homestuck. I find it incredibly entertaining and I don't hate it. I stopped reading it because people wouldn't stop shipping themselves with trolls around me though, which kind of made me lose touch with the comic. I don't hate it, it's still an awesome thing, but it's kind of depressing that everyone I personally know won't talk about it with me without being uncomfortably obsessive over troll genitals or something, you know what I mean?

This is a bit off topic though, sorry.
Pretty much this. And you have a really bad cough there.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
This is not a place for character debates...although if it WAS Wii Fit Trainer would be the worst. But anyways, what is the worst part of Smash 4 besides character and stage reveals you dislike? For me, it's the Metroid Other M references, that game DID NOT ****ING HAPPEN, Nintendo NEVER let Team Ninja/Sonic Team's Brother touch the holy Metroid license to **** on it and for Nintendo to have a TON of references to it is as bad as the Sonic 06 level in Sonic Generations, I mean goddamn Nintendo...
Hm. I actually like Other M. I suppose you're a fan of the Prime games? I am not. They ruined the series, as far as I'm concerned. They took away Samus' agility and made Samus into a troop completing objectives like it's Halo or something. I know, Other M had you taking orders, but Other M was created by one of the co-creators of the series whereas the Prime games were made by Americans overseen by Miyamoto who had never worked on a Metroid game before. By no means am I saying that Other M was flawless, but I greatly appreciated Other M's authenticity, especially as far as gameplay goes.

So, yeah. As far as I'm concerned the Prime games didn't happen and I've been perfectly content with the lack of Prime references in the previous Smash games.

As far as my least favorite aspect of Smash 4, I'm going to agree with some others here and say the Miis not being playable online. I believe Sakurai made a comment about how he didn't want the online to be a copyright free-for-all, but Miis are playable online in Mario Kart 8 so I don't see what the problem is. I recall there being several "Hitler" Miis online in Mario Kart Wii. I think if we can handle that then we can handle Ice-T or whoever else they make.

I think there was also a comment about not wanting the characters to have unpredictable moves online, which is also why custom moves aren't allowed online, but honestly, I wouldn't have any problem with custom moves in online matches. The variety might actually make it less stale. But, whatever...

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hm. I actually like Other M. I suppose you're a fan of the Prime games? I am not. They ruined the series, as far as I'm concerned. They took away Samus' agility and made Samus into a troop completing objectives like it's Halo or something. I know, Other M had you taking orders, but Other M was created by one of the co-creators of the series whereas the Prime games were made by Americans overseen by Miyamoto who had never worked on a Metroid game before. By no means am I saying that Other M was flawless, but I greatly appreciated Other M's authenticity, especially as far as gameplay goes.

So, yeah. As far as I'm concerned the Prime games didn't happen and I've been perfectly content with the lack of Prime references in the previous Smash games.

As far as my least favorite aspect of Smash 4, I'm going to agree with some others here and say the Miis not being playable online. I believe Sakurai made a comment about how he didn't want the online to be a copyright free-for-all, but Miis are playable online in Mario Kart 8 so I don't see what the problem is. I recall there being several "Hitler" Miis online in Mario Kart Wii. I think if we can handle that then we can handle Ice-T or whoever else they make.

I think there was also a comment about not wanting the characters to have unpredictable moves online, which is also why custom moves aren't allowed online, but honestly, I wouldn't have any problem with custom moves in online matches. The variety might actually make it less stale. But, whatever...
Do not hate on Retro studios! Without it we would not have fantastic games like the prime series.. And for your information retro has plenty of credentials. Most of the people that worked at rare now work at retro. You know, Rare, which made the some of the best platformer a like banjo and kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Guys just remember that this whole thing is a matter of perspective.

Some people are making big deals because they don't agree with something. Really? Let's respect humanity a little bit more people.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Do not hate on Retro studios! Without it we would not have fantastic games like the prime series.. And for your information retro has plenty of credentials. Most of the people that worked at rare now work at retro. You know, Rare, which made the some of the best platformer a like banjo and kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day.
That's not even true. David Wise made the music for Tropical Freeze, but he is not an employee at Retro Studios. I'm a huge fan of the old Rare. Retro is nowhere close to what Rare was. Retro's DKC games are a testament to that. A lot of people that used to work at Rare... still work at Rare. I've done the research. The bulk of the Goldeneye staff left to form Free Radical, now Crytek UK, but they also joined Rare shortly before Rare made Goldeneye. The head people at Rare left, but they are not at Retro. And as I already stated, I'm not a big fan of the Prime games, so that's a bad example to use on me. The games that Retro make are really well made, I just don't like a lot of the decisions they made while making their game. I still look forward to what Retro is making next, though. Just because my opinion isn't popular doesn't mean I shouldn't express it.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Worst part has got to be stage bosses. If all are like the Yellow Devil (Which takes up too much of the stage, is extremely hard to avoid or ignore, and the pay-off is extremely unsatisfying), then I'm gonna turn stages like Wily's Castle or Find Mii off. It'd be cool if bosses were their own thing, but don't make them latch onto a stage. You could easily incorporate bosses in the event mode or something.

Hong

The Strongest
I wanted to say "The stages don't impress.". but since you went out of your way to say "besides character and stage reveals", I'll have to pick on something else.

For me, it's the gravity. Gravity is too low. I would prefer if it's either increased, or everyone except Little Mac gets a recovery nerf. This has nothing to do with making the game less like Brawl, more like Melee, etc. Don't bring any of that argument to me. It's just just how I like the game. I want people dying more often. I think recovery would be more perilous and more engaging if people were forced to recover from lower. In the demo build, unless you are Little Mac you'll basically be recovering from high all the time.

If the game is left as it is, we won't get to experience the new ledge mechanics as often. .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

JayJay584

Smash Cadet
Miis. I knew deep down that they'd be in, but I was just holding onto a thin thread of hope that somehow they wouldn't be, and I was crushed during their reveal.

The Gematsu leak. A few lucky calls aren't enough to impress me, especially when so many other things are left out.

Pointless Miiverse updates. Yeah, I'm so glad I got this awesome closeup of Luigi's nose on Marth's shoulder. I also hate it when he posts a pic of a move or a detail that is obvious to anyone with half a brain cell how it works.

For the most part though, I'm very happy with everything that has been shown.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
time on for glory. need to go on my computer to find people to play with when i want to play online. ugh

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
no known adventure mode

and not enough villains

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
The worst part of Super Smash Bros. 4 so far is.....................

...nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom