• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Toon Link hardly changing, Sonic coming back (I'm sorry but I can't stand that Sonic), and the amount of fake leaks saying like "Falco to be revealed by the end of this week" or "Wario to be revealed by the end of this week"

Steelia

Smash Champion
The current roster line-up. Looks incredibly uninteresting, Mega Man and Rosalina newcomers can't save it alone. Either these games will have the greatest unlockable characters of all time, or I'm spending my cash elsewhere. Could use some new earbuds, actually...

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
The current roster line-up. Looks incredibly uninteresting, Mega Man and Rosalina newcomers can't save it alone. Either these games will have the greatest unlockable characters of all time, or I'm spending my cash elsewhere. Could use some new earbuds, actually...
What if I told you a specific psychic pokemon made it into the game, would that raise your interests? hmmmmmm? :3

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The line up hasn't been particularly enthralling honestly. The third party picks are however spot on. Other than Villager and Little Mac for the Nintendo crew I haven't been super impressed. Warming upto Rosalina slowly.

Yoshi taking as long as he did to be revealed; only one of the original 8 to miss out on the trailer. Reason behind it? Because he stands up straighter.
I'd buy this but...BOWSER was revealed in the original trailer standing up straighter.
Keep the original 8 together if possible plz, Sakurai.

But anyways, what is the worst part of Smash 4 besides character and stage reveals you dislike?
Oh. NOT roster or stage related?

Hmm...then I guess almost nothing. I like all the additional effects in battle(KO colours, that black lightning strike to showcase a strong KOing hit, TEAM COLOURS now allowing you to have both Mario and Luigi in a team in their actual colours, etc), the items have been genuinely impressive and creative, and the other things are just things I'm waiting to hear on like what the Wii U's exclusive mode is.

Hell, I'm even looking forward to collecting the Amiibos.

Seriously, the worst thing is probably the speculation we've done; looking into every little thing to the point where we think we've got a genuine hint at a newcomer. I'm just as guilty as anyone else, though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is not a place for character debates...although if it WAS Wii Fit Trainer would be the worst. But anyways, what is the worst part of Smash 4 besides character and stage reveals you dislike? For me, it's the Metroid Other M references, that game DID NOT ****ING HAPPEN, Nintendo NEVER let Team Ninja/Sonic Team's Brother touch the holy Metroid license to **** on it and for Nintendo to have a TON of references to it is as bad as the Sonic 06 level in Sonic Generations, I mean goddamn Nintendo...
Once again I have to state Team Ninja aren't responsible for how ****ty Other M is, it's all on Sakamoto who absolutely dominated the development of the game. Team Ninja were just hired goons, much like Namco is for Smash 4. Even then I personally think it's fine it's in this game, the visuals and designs weren't what was terrible about the game (except Ridley perhaps), Samus and Pyrosphere still look great.

Anyways, since I for some reason can't say the newcomers I guess I'll have to say the 3DS version coming out first. I was only planning on playing it when I didn't have access to the Wii U, it looks worse in every way just from the stages to the graphics to the controls. I'm pretty bummed my first experience with Smash 4 will be like that, no TV, just me and my little handheld. Hopefully the Wii U version will come out in November, but I highly doubt that.

Also gotta give a shout out to stage bosses, which is such a great way to ruin otherwise great stages, good job on that, R.I.P Wily's Castle. Seriously, if Pyrosphere goes down to that we're stuck with so few good stages.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
What if I told you a specific psychic pokemon made it into the game, would that raise your interests? hmmmmmm? :3
Lol, assuming it's who you're referring to :d That'd help out a lot, but it does remind me of something else... the way people use previous rosters to determine who is playable. None of the "O12" have been cut, for instance, so they'll keep shoving it down your throats that "suchandsuch will out-prioritize this character" or "this franchise has reached its limit, no more chars can be added under it". This consistent close-minded and matter-of-fact way of thinking is ridiculous... probably my least favorite thing to come out of Smash 4 so far.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
The release date for the 3DS version... it's coming out after I start school... :c

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
-Announcement of no Story Mode of any sort. Especially so, considering they now have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man in the game. Still hoping we get a mode on the Wii U version that plays like SSE, though, with levels taken from all of the represented franchises.

-Rosalina's announcement has been a double-edged sword. On one hand, my favourite Nintendo character is playable in my favourite Nintendo franchise. On the other hand, she's been one of the most controversial characters simply due to the seniority mind set people have, that means other Mario characters should have gotten in because they came to the Mario franchise first. It's also helped push her into the spotlight, which is great on one hand, but on the other, it also means her fan base is more out in the open and viable to be harassed, since Rosalina fans traditionally were left alone due to never talking much about the character.

-3DS version is coming out AFTER I start college, meaning I may not get to play it as much as I'd like. I'd also like to buy it sooner rather than later, because knowing my luck, some other expenses will pop up a week before I buy it or something.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Lol, assuming it's who you're referring to :d That'd help out a lot, but it does remind me of something else... the way people use previous rosters to determine who is playable. None of the "O12" have been cut, for instance, so they'll keep shoving it down your throats that "suchandsuch will out-prioritize this character" or "this franchise has reached its limit, no more chars can be added under it". This consistent close-minded and matter-of-fact way of thinking is ridiculous... probably my least favorite thing to come out of Smash 4 so far.
Well the whole Original 12 is like the unspoken rule of smash bros, taking out any of those characters would be like taking Ryu and Ken out of next Street Fighter, it would anger a lot of people. The whole priority over characters is nonsense really and a limit to characters from a franchise is as well to an extent, I can see it getting out of hand with a bunch of Mario characters or Pokemon characters.

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
How people bag out the roster. Street fighter, mortal kombat etc just make characters up and people play those games and love them. Yet some people here bag out the game or reveals, to the point of "spending my money elsewhere", because they want a different character in, or a leak predicted a character??? Crazy in my opinion. That is more a people on smash board issue then a game issue, so

Smash rank, I would have preferred online leaderboards.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The Sonic hate disgusts me. Also...
-Announcement of no Story Mode of any sort. Especially so, considering they now have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man in the game. Still hoping we get a mode on the Wii U version that plays like SSE, though, with levels taken from all of the represented franchises.

-Rosalina's announcement has been a double-edged sword. On one hand, my favourite Nintendo character is playable in my favourite Nintendo franchise. On the other hand, she's been one of the most controversial characters simply due to the seniority mind set people have, that means other Mario characters should have gotten in because they came to the Mario franchise first. It's also helped push her into the spotlight, which is great on one hand, but on the other, it also means her fan base is more out in the open and viable to be harassed, since Rosalina fans traditionally were left alone due to never talking much about the character.

-3DS version is coming out AFTER I start college, meaning I may not get to play it as much as I'd like. I'd also like to buy it sooner rather than later, because knowing my luck, some other expenses will pop up a week before I buy it or something.
I feel you, people wanting TOAD over Rosalina...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The worst part is people complaining about characters, who all have a reason to get in. I've even stopped complaining about Rosalina's inclusion because I've realized how immature it was of me, and I intend to play as her to atone.

ESPECIALLY Miis, who are apparently the most hated character in the series. Me, though, I've wanted character customization since 64, and now that I actually have it, I'm going to defend it to the death.

Last edited:

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
Mega Man is in the game so I'm satisfied with the roster's newcomers. I'd appreciate some Captain Falcon love soon, though. I really hope they buff the hell out of him. He was so god awful in Brawl and not as fun to play due to how slow everything was. It just didn't mix with his playstyle(supposed to be speedy and powerful enough to make up for laggy moves but because of how Brawl is in general it just doesn't work, also most moves are nerfed).

If I had to say one thing for certain is the worst thing it is that the handheld version is being released before the console version and they're supposed to have the same roster so this means no characters are being worked into the extra dev time. They're working on other things, I guess.

Please keep story modes away. Bring back adventure mode if you must, but a story with cutscenes? No thanks.

Last edited:

Showmethesmash

Smash Rookie
"People have different opinions to my own. *******s."

This is the worst part of Smash. Character slating.
That is the worst part about people who love smash, not the game.
Sometimes emotions stirred in boards get in the road of the game and what a truly great spectacle it will be.

So much good in this game, and series, the criticisms are so minor for me.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Before I forget, I also have to bring up;

How ambiguous Ridley was intentionally left. I may be indifferent to his inclusion, but in defense of his many, many fans, that was kind of mean of Sakurai. As we've seen over and over again, this went beyond playful trolling - it was just plain mean.

If he's just plain settled the issue then and there, we wouldn't have had quite as much harassment from both sides. But he just HAD to leave it ambiguous.

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
The thing I absolutely detest about Smash 4 is how it has the audacity to not be out yet. I keep looking at my calender and it's still not the release date for Smash 4. I don't think anything can really be worse than this.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Stage bosses feel too intrusive at the moment, Toon Link's moveset is still the same despite the backlog of potential, and some character models still feel a bit lacking here and there (Fox comes to mind).

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. I'm pretty happy with the game right now, especially since Mega Man made it in.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I think stage bosses are it for me. The idea is ok, but if they are anything like Yellow Devil, I will rarely be playing on stages with them.

I wish there was a worldwide release for both versions at once, but that will become irrelevant with time.

Also, if For Glory mode really is Time only, than that would really be a buzzkill.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Dat I ain't playin' it right now.

But man wow, every topic really does just turn into complaining about the community or the roster having/not having X character(s). But add in game mechanic speculation and what else is there to talk about. Otherwise people would have more diverse opinions on the "worst" part of this game. <_>

I guess the worst part is that naruto, ichigo, luffy and goku aren't in it- Oh wait Miis

I guess the worst part is- I JUST REMEMBERED, MARTH CAN'T SPAM FAIR ANYMORE? There better be something else he can do to make up for that. D<

Renji64

Smash Lord
Ridley might be playable which is terrible.
Stage Bosses Ruining some good stages with no option to turn them off.
The amount of appeal to only casuals and nothing great for competitive play.
The Roster is pretty lame so far
Marth and Fox seem to be getting nerfed for no reason.
no music previews like the smash dojo days.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
The community. As much as I want to keep checking back here for interesting details I've missed or see how some characters play out, 99% of the time I'm just reading about complaints and whiny fans.

About the actual GAME, my main is 99% cut, and it doesn't sound like there will be some grand gathering of characters in a story mode.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Sh#@ everythings so great about this game except the online. But I mean at least it has online!

If you play with FRIENDS online can you use the custom moves and miis?
EDIT: Thanks for answerin, good to know I can use em with friends.

Only thing I really want is an option to turn off stage hazards and bosses without going full final destination, anything could happen y'know?

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Only thing I really want is an option to turn off stage hazards and bosses without going full final destination, anything could happen y'know?
Yes you can. He made that clear.

(And if it's any kind of consolation, SSF2 does have a hazard switch if you want to play like that. Just letting you know.)

Marth and Fox seem to be getting nerfed for no reason.
To play devil's advocate for a second, Marth was relatively overpowered in both Melee and Brawl, and Fox is getting scattered buffs.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty sure you'll be able to choose like always.
"like always"

Brawl didn't allow you to choose, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai's clear preference of Time mode creeps its way into For Glory. It's almost guaranteed to be in For Fun, but that makes a bit more sense as people will just quit a 4 player Free For All Stock match when they're out.

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
For people expressing unhappiness with Toon Link's same moves, remember, he'll have custom moves to choose from.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Mii's and Pac-Man. I'm less upset at Pac-Man since they went with the good design, but still overall did not want it to become a 3rd party... party :p.

Mii's.... I hate Mii's. They don't look good, they represent you which is just weird in a fighting game imo, and they just take a skill set that could be used on someone else. Not here to start a war just stating my opinion on it. They really turn me off of the game, still will 100% buy it and play it but nonetheless.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well since I'm here.

People b****ing about certain characters not being in.
People b****ing about certain characters being in despite other characters they liked and wanted being in as well.
People thinking that a character addition they don't like "ruins" the roster and/or game.
People saying that they won't buy the game if Walugi, Ridley, etc. are not a playable character despite; A), nobody buying that story for a moment; B), nobody caring if Nintendo misses one sale out of millions.

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
Well since I'm here.

People b****ing about certain characters not being in.
People b****ing about certain characters being in despite other characters they liked and wanted being in as well.
People thinking that a character addition they don't like "ruins" the roster and/or game.
People saying that they won't buy the game if Walugi, Ridley, etc. are not a playable character despite; A), nobody buying that story for a moment; B), nobody caring if Nintendo misses one sale out of millions.
Happened a lotback in the pre-Brawl days. Everywhere. Here. Nsider. IGN. Gamefaqs. Other forums. It just doesn't phase me this time around.

Not during the Pre-Melee days in my experience, but I don't doubt there were people that behaved this way too.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Sh#@ everythings so great about this game except the online. But I mean at least it has online!

I read a interview where someone asked sakurai about a option he said no he doesn't want it be like playstation allstars. Which sucks i don't want to be bothered by the yellow devil the whole fight.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
  • Zelda still sucks.
  • Too many walk offs (back in my day, every stage but one had edges).
  • A lot of veterans aren't getting decent (non-joke), informative PotD. Lucario, Charizard, and Ike are some examples.

Also, feel free to quote me on this. For Glory will be stock. Every competitive format of smash bros across the world uses stocks. For Glory is made for competitive players. It'll be stock, they aren't that stupid.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Also, feel free to quote me on this. For Glory will be stock. Every competitive format of smash bros across the world uses stocks. For Glory is made for competitive players. It'll be stock, they aren't that stupid.
Don't underestimate them.

Considering they can't even decide their own stance on the competitive scene as a whole, I have my doubts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom