• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booster

Smash Lord
They also worked with them on other games before, like StarFox Assault, which was a good game in my opinion and only suffered due to not being StarFox 64.

As for that link, he's not exactly wrong, Dark Souls isn't quite what the Wii U audience tends to go for, its really more PlayStation style to me.

That said, he said that was HIS opinion, not Namco's. All Namco did was not put it onto Wii U, which is likely simply because Dark Souls 1 wasn't on Nintendo consoles either..so they didn't actually do anything wrong.

Well, I could, I greatly prefer Medieval Fantasy to Modern Era.
Namco won't even touch Wii U with Dragon Ball Z games, as in yearly bombs that they **** out onto every console, even PSVita.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Aside from a criminally high amount of veterans being as of now up in the air (Ness and Lucas' omission is particularly frustrating to me), I'm hard-pressed to come up with anything terribly wrong with what's been shown as of yet. The higher ending lag on aerials, edgeguarding changes, and kill power issues I've heard tossed about seem like things that I'd have to experience firsthand to take issue with, and none of them seem like dealbreakers in the long run, especially given how much the gameplay already changed between each of the previous installments. As far as complaints about the final game's content, I would say that it does seem like the 3DS version is getting a bunch of gimmicky stages compared to the Wii U, but we haven't seen all of them yet, and since it's on a handheld and I don't foresee playing it multiplayer as much as the Wii U version, that might actually be for the better. The roster as of yet is fantastic, if incomplete (hopefully Meta Knight's veteran reveal today is a sign of more to come), a lot of the new items and stages look really promising, Smash Run looks amazing, and I like that the gameplay seems to be taking some pages from Smash 64 (again, I'd have to play it firsthand to know for sure...).

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Aside from a criminally high amount of veterans being as of now up in the air (Ness and Lucas' omission is particularly frustrating to me), I'm hard-pressed to come up with anything terribly wrong with what's been shown as of yet. The higher ending lag on aerials, edgeguarding changes, and kill power issues I've heard tossed about seem like things that I'd have to experience firsthand to take issue with, and none of them seem like dealbreakers in the long run, especially given how much the gameplay already changed between each of the previous installments. As far as complaints about the final game's content, I would say that it does seem like the 3DS version is getting a bunch of gimmicky stages compared to the Wii U, but we haven't seen all of them yet, and since it's on a handheld and I don't foresee playing it multiplayer as much as the Wii U version, that might actually be for the better. The roster as of yet is fantastic, if incomplete (hopefully Meta Knight's veteran reveal today is a sign of more to come), a lot of the new items and stages look really promising, Smash Run looks amazing, and I like that the gameplay seems to be taking some pages from Smash 64 (again, I'd have to play it firsthand to know for sure...).
Smash run has Wii U owners jealous as fu...dge. Why couldn't Smash Run be on Wii U too?

Brother's watching an anime where a 15 year old marries a 30 year old, several 20 year olds, a 2,000 year old rabbit creature and an 11 year old...what the ****?

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
The fact that I probably won't be able to play it since I lost my 3DS and can't afford a Wii U...

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
The division and strife every little bit of news brings. I hope when the game's out the PM/Melee purists (who end up disliking Smash 4) will keep playing their games and not bother those of us who're ready to move on. Heck, if I end up hating it I hope that I don't join those people.

That's not to say that Brawl fanatics and casuals aren't part of this too, but I want people to be allowed to like what games they like without being ragged on for it.

Of course I know that this is all a pipe dream.

Senario

Smash Ace
The division and strife every little bit of news brings. I hope when the game's out the PM/Melee purists (who end up disliking Smash 4) will keep playing their games and not bother those of us who're ready to move on. Heck, if I end up hating it I hope that I don't join those people.

That's not to say that Brawl fanatics and casuals aren't part of this too, but I want people to be allowed to like what games they like without being ragged on for it.

I seriously don't get where you are getting this. Melee players may like their game a lot but I almost never see nor do I participate in ragging on people for playing the game they do. We honestly do not care.

How about some actual game based complaints rather than an attack on a community?

Also, Metaknight, don't like him. Shouldn't have come back. Better be nerfed to the ground since marth was nerfed a lot. I don't want to see any more favoritism in balance.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I seriously don't get where you are getting this. Melee players may like their game a lot but I almost never see nor do I participate in ragging on people for playing the game they do. We honestly do not care.

How about some actual game based complaints rather than an attack on a community?

Also, Metaknight, don't like him. Shouldn't have come back. Better be nerfed to the ground since marth was nerfed a lot. I don't want to see any more favoritism in balance.
You don't see the disdain between Brawl, Melee, and PM players? I see it everywhere. I really just want to see some unity between us all in the end. :chuckle:

Complaints about the game itself though? Besides landing lag and my own biased character wish-list I don't really have anything. The reveal of information has had phenomenal spacing throughout the last year. Kudos to the marketing team at Nintendo for that.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Can you guys not use those wonky colors? I can't read comments with neon/annoying colors because it's damn annoying.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Namco won't even touch Wii U with Dragon Ball Z games, as in yearly bombs that they **** out onto every console, even PSVita.
Yeah, but they've done other games, such as Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (with Wii U Exclusive Features) and Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures.

Fact is that companies don't always release games on all systems, its all business, and it would be poor business to deny a product or collaboration purely out of spite for a supposed wrong.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Game's too newschool, character-wise, so far. Give the oldschoolers some candy, Sakurai.

Pokesamus217

Smash Cadet
I will never get why people think other M is the worst metroid game with the exception of the story I think it was a decent game and at the very least is better than hunters.
oh and to answer your question not telling us anything about Game&Watch is the only thing that comes to mind.

Booster

Smash Lord
Can you guys not use those wonky colors? I can't read comments with neon/annoying colors because it's damn annoying.
You can disable these colors. Also do you think the lightest shade of pink is hard to read? Had it been an option I would've used hot pink. You see I'm gay, can't stand girls.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
You can disable these colors. Also do you think the lightest shade of pink is hard to read? Had it been an option I would've used hot pink. You see I'm gay, can't stand girls.
Nah, you're fine, it's just the neon green and ****.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
What you can disable are people who set their posts to automatically be parsed in a set color, through their user options. People who manually set colors post-by-post, you can't disable.

So, everyone, keep the colors to a minimum, please. Some are difficult or impossible to read on certain styles. Remember, not everyone uses the make-your-eyes-bleed default black and orange.

As far as the worst thing about Smash 4 so far, in my eyes? If it's true: momentum not carrying over into jumps. That is disappointing if it is the case.

Rage83

Smash Ace

Some people actually play both Melee and Brawl, plus do it competitively, or an "unholy" mix of competitive matches, and casual throwdowns with friends on a couch.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
That's not something you want to revel.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Okay??? But still that's very Immature to hate the opposite sex. Not all girls is bad. It's very Inappropriate to say that about Women especially since TONS Women are on Smashboards.

Booster

Smash Lord
Okay??? But still that's very Immature to hate the opposite sex. Not all girls is bad. It's very Inappropriate to say that about Women especially since TONS Women are on Smashboards.
You know what? Girls get to hate guys all the ****ing time and people are like "I'm okay with this", but apparently the guy can't have the same luxury for the opposite sex. Now either get back on topic or I'm gonna be really pissed off.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You know what? Girls get to hate guys all the ****ing time and people are like "I'm okay with this", but apparently the guy can't have the same luxury for the opposite sex. Now either get back on topic or I'm gonna be really pissed off.
Girl's really don't hate guy's there just mad at them. Trust me I know. But YESS let's get back on Topic.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Ah, while I knew going into this thread I was not allowed to comment on characters I did not at first notice the point regarding not mentioning stage reveals. I'm glad I checked the 1st post before commenting. That said, does this just apply to the specific choices or the manner of implementation?

Now then, I've yet to play the game so I cannot comment on the quality or aspects of it, but from what I've seen of the game it appears that swimming has been removed. That's disappointing, though I'm not sure I'd call it the worst.

I guess the worst part for me, given I'm unable to comment on anything regarding characters or stages, would be the lack of series variety in regards to the items. There have been quite a few cool and unique items shown, but they are mostly limited to Mario, Zelda, or Kid Icarus. I believe more of the series should be getting item representation, and it isn't like Sakurai isn't unwilling to stretch the idea of item usage to strange lengths given he's managed to incorporate a Steel Diver submarine as a gun.

Overall I'm pretty excited for the game and the things it has to offer, as well as knowing that many things have yet to be revealed still to this moment. So both it, and the no mention of anything regarding character or stage related matters, does give me a hard time saying anything I find wrong with it.

Last edited:

laces

Smash Cadet
The fact I'm not playing this is probably the worst.......... also Jigglypuff not confirmed yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom