• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Jason Griffith improved too late. He was initially awful on 06 and Sonic X, by the time people realized he COULD be awesome as Sonic (In Brawl and Unleashed), it was too late.

Worse thing ever right now? Green Hill Zone coming back on 3DS. Why does this piss me off? Three words: NO PLANET WISP.

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
I saw this youtube video called "Sakurai is a game designing Genius" or something, and it basically says what Oz has been saying the whole time. We should complain about the things that are in he game, not what isn't in it. Js, it's more fun to complain about things we know that won't be in the game...but...yeah, I'll just run away now, I don't want to be bashed.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Although I'm pissed off that they're continuing the thread with recent Sonic games of recycling voice clips :c It happened on All-Stars Racing Transformed...
Maybe they're just being re-used for the Demo, they did say it was a very early one.

Worse thing ever right now? Green Hill Zone coming back on 3DS. Why does this piss me off? Three words: NO PLANET WISP.
That doesn't really decrease Planet Wisp's chances. Green Hill Zone will be a retro stage, Sonic is still very likely to get a new stage as well..after all, they've never had a Retro Stage be a Playable Series' only stage before.

Booster

Smash Lord
Maybe they're just being re-used for the Demo, they did say it was a very early one.

That doesn't really decrease Planet Wisp's chances. Green Hill Zone will be a retro stage, Sonic is still very likely to get a new stage as well..after all, they've never had a Retro Stage be a Playable Series' only stage before.
I'd much rather have Angel Island then Planet Wisp

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Just coming in here and saying what I want to say, and I'm not sure how to word it without sounding offensive, but I hate how a lot of people keep trying to compare Smash 4 to Melee or Brawl and how it's not what it is, I've seen people just outright dismiss certain things because "that's how it was in Brawl" or "That's how it is in Melee" or "That was never in Brawl/Melee!" and how they keep thinking of just the competitive side, and not the casual competitive, your 4 stock 8 minute whatever matches competitive, I've seen people outright dismiss the use of Miis, Lucina, Palutena, certain stages (some are understandable don't get me wrong) and custom movesets just because that's not how it was like in other games. This video explains pretty much what I'm trying to say about custom movesets and stuff http://youtu.be/PdIgI63X2zk

EDIT: Is this the right place to post this?

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Just coming in here and saying what I want to say, and I'm not sure how to word it without sounding offensive, but I hate how a lot of people keep trying to compare Smash 4 to Melee or Brawl and how it's not what it is, I've seen people just outright dismiss certain things because "that's how it was in Brawl" or "That's how it is in Melee" or "That was never in Brawl/Melee!" and how they keep thinking of just the competitive side, and not the casual competitive, your 4 stock 8 minute whatever matches competitive, I've seen people outright dismiss the use of Miis, Lucina, Palutena, certain stages (some are understandable don't get me wrong) and custom movesets just because that's not how it was like in other games. This video explains pretty much what I'm trying to say about custom movesets and stuff http://youtu.be/PdIgI63X2zk

EDIT: Is this the right place to post this?
Yes it is the right place and personally I LOVE the miis, simply for the creative outlet Sakurai has provided. I can make all the parody characters I want such as Hitler and he can battle AVGN and Nostalgia Critic

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet
I'm not a fan of custom move sets. I'm able to play as Kirby and Mario just fine. Why put random gimmicks in to "enhance" the game experience? But that's just me, so what do I know?

gamer8

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of custom move sets. I'm able to play as Kirby and Mario just fine. Why put random gimmicks in to "enhance" the game experience? But that's just me, so what do I know?
Hm I'm surprised honestly that it's the worst part of the game for you. I think it just adds more variety to the game, not really gimmicky but it's something nice to have to switch things up a bit. I've been really excited just to see what custom moves everyone will have personally.

Worst part for me is some things not being changed like clone final smashes, plus they could have changed Toon Link up a little bit if they tried.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The WORST part of Super Smash Brothers Wii U and 3DS is that the release dates got pushed back a few months. We could all be playing the 3DS version right now.
The Release Dates didn't actually get pushed back for either game though, the 'Summer' and 'Winter' release marks were more in regards to the Japanese versions. September is technically still summer, it just happened that ours ended up as October, which is, of course, Autumn.
The Wii U version is still right on Schedule for that Winter Release, looking like it'll be November at this point.

That's honestly one of the coolest things to me. I'm more disappointed that its only allowed in Local and With Friends Online since I feel that it really does add a bit of personalization to each character and I'd love to see how the Competitive Scene would use such things, since different custom movesets could work better with different playstyles.

Honestly though, its something in addition to what we get normally without taking anything away, so, to me, its just gravy for some delicious mashed potatoes. If you'd rather just have them plain, you can, but the gravy is there for those that want it.
I think I'm hungry now.

Worst part for me is some things not being changed like clone final smashes, plus they could have changed Toon Link up a little bit if they tried.
I'm also disappointed by that. Toon Link could have had a Cyclone and Sheik could have just about anything since Light Arrows are more a thing for her Zelda persona then her Sheik one.

I'm really hoping that Lucina doesn't just have Critical Hit like Marth and actually gains a Final Smash based on Awakening's version of Aether, giving her a strong attack and some healing..and any other StarFox characters better not get Landmaster as well..that was a horrible..

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
The Release Dates didn't actually get pushed back for either game though, the 'Summer' and 'Winter' release marks were more in regards to the Japanese versions. September is technically still summer, it just happened that ours ended up as October, which is, of course, Autumn.
The Wii U version is still right on Schedule for that Winter Release, looking like it'll be November at this point.

That's honestly one of the coolest things to me. I'm more disappointed that its only allowed in Local and With Friends Online since I feel that it really does add a bit of personalization to each character and I'd love to see how the Competitive Scene would use such things, since different custom movesets could work better with different playstyles.

Honestly though, its something in addition to what we get normally without taking anything away, so, to me, its just gravy for some delicious mashed potatoes. If you'd rather just have them plain, you can, but the gravy is there for those that want it.
I think I'm hungry now.

I'm also disappointed by that. Toon Link could have had a Cyclone and Sheik could have just about anything since Light Arrows are more a thing for her Zelda persona then her Sheik one.

I'm really hoping that Lucina doesn't just have Critical Hit like Marth and actually gains a Final Smash based on Awakening's version of Aether, giving her a strong attack and some healing..and any other StarFox characters better not get Landmaster as well..that was a horrible..
I would've given Shiek a final Smash based on her Hyrule Warriors character.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I was thinking a Final Smash that uses the Light Bow in combination with either mirrors to reflect the shot, or her teleport.

One idea I had was that her Final Smash teleports her forward first and then she fires behind her.

Another idea I had was for her to perform a spiral uppercut with that sword she doesn't use for anything, then fire a Light Arrow diagonally upwards at the foe, then Vanish upwards to fire a Light Arrow diagonally downwards at them. Yes, that's a blatant ripoff of the Aerial Laser arte from the Tales series.

The final idea involved her teleporting around to place mirrors in various locations, then firing the Light Arrow head-on into the foe. The first mirror would be a corner that refracts the arrow into two weaker shots, which then reflect a few times off of different mirrors before finally converging on the foe.

Booster

Smash Lord
I was thinking a Final Smash that uses the Light Bow in combination with either mirrors to reflect the shot, or her teleport.

One idea I had was that her Final Smash teleports her forward first and then she fires behind her.

Another idea I had was for her to perform a spiral uppercut with that sword she doesn't use for anything, then fire a Light Arrow diagonally upwards at the foe, then Vanish upwards to fire a Light Arrow diagonally downwards at them. Yes, that's a blatant ripoff of the Aerial Laser arte from the Tales series.

The final idea involved her teleporting around to place mirrors in various locations, then firing the Light Arrow head-on into the foe. The first mirror would be a corner that refracts the arrow into two weaker shots, which then reflect a few times off of different mirrors before finally converging on the foe.
I love you xD

Booster

Smash Lord
Dhaos Laser's a little bland, though. I was just thinking it would be cool to use Elemental Master, since it sort of highlights the many kinds of ammunition that the Mii Gunner can fire from that arm cannon.
Well let's just be thankful it wasn't a clone of Samus' Final Smash, which is a Blue/White beam

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Well let's just be thankful it wasn't a clone of Samus' Final Smash, which is a Blue/White beam
True true. To be honest, though, I think the biggest reason I like Elemental Master is just that laugh Fog does when he activates it. And that if it were in Smash, I'd have an excuse to shout "Elemental Master! BRUHAHAHAHAHAHA!" whenever I activate the move.

Booster

Smash Lord
True true. To be honest, though, I think the biggest reason I like Elemental Master is just that laugh Fog does when he activates it. And that if it were in Smash, I'd have an excuse to shout "Elemental Master! BRUHAHAHAHAHAHA!" whenever I activate the move.
I still think a Tales character should've been put in

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That would have been great, though Hyrule Warriors started development after Super Smash Bros. 4..who knows though, that demo was an older demo, maybe they will change it.

I would say use her Harp in some way or something..though that Mirror Idea of Jamie's is quite cool sounding as well.

Senario

Smash Ace
New one: Having to pull apart trailers for info about any of the mechanics or how each character works ):

If only it were so easy as having a video demo of the character in action showing their moves and stuff. The trailers are cool and all but it is hard to pluck apart the trailer for solid evidence of anything.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
New one: Having to pull apart trailers for info about any of the mechanics or how each character works ):

If only it were so easy as having a video demo of the character in action showing their moves and stuff. The trailers are cool and all but it is hard to pluck apart the trailer for solid evidence of anything.
I think that's part of the beauty of it actually..it gives you enough information to get excited but little enough to let you speculate on how they may work until you get your hands on them.

Senario

Smash Ace
I think that's part of the beauty of it actually..it gives you enough information to get excited but little enough to let you speculate on how they may work until you get your hands on them.
I dunno, I'd be more excited if I knew on the first day when robin was revealed what each of his moves were lol. We saw all of them but we didn't know what each one did and speculating was really just a waste of time. Maybe it is just me, I get more hyped about something the more I know about it.

I just want to know "This is what fsmash/air/tilt/special does! This is what upsmash/air/tilt/special does!" Even if I wasn't given numbers it would be extremely helpful to see a visual representation of it sooner rather than later, and definitely without having to bother with all of the forum browsing and speculation on which one is which.

Reminds me of when I played League of Legends more frequently. They always revealed the movesets of each of the champions and showed off what they can do in game(with each of the moves). All of the action trailers are fine, I just wish there was side trailers with how each move works. Just on Nintendo's youtube page would work. 10x more hype.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Believe it or not, I agree with both of those sentiments. On the one hand, it can be a little frustrating to not know exactly how a character works. On the other hand, the hype is totally real when we see their playstyle but not exactly how their moves work, and we try to pull it apart and analyze it for ourselves.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Believe it or not, I agree with both of those sentiments. On the one hand, it can be a little frustrating to not know exactly how a character works. On the other hand, the hype is totally real when we see their playstyle but not exactly how their moves work, and we try to pull it apart and analyze it for ourselves.
Pretty much. I usually hate surprises..but speculation gives us something to discuss and then we get more hyped when we learn more about a character as we move closer to release.

Its like with Rosalina..does the different colours of each Luma actually effect anything? What about that Random Metal Luma? I'm just curious and eager to find it out at some point.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
- No Advance Wars playable rep
- No retro rep confirmed (I just want to know if there is even one and no, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Little Mac aren't retro reps)
- Wily's Castle being in the 3DS version. The stage looks cool, but I was expecting unique stages for each version
- Green Hill Zone in the 3DS Version, but only if that means there isn't a new Sonic stage for said version

That is about it. Only the first two are "big deals" to me... sorta.

Booster

Smash Lord
- No retro rep confirmed (I just want to know if there is even one and no, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Little Mac aren't retro reps)
- Wily's Castle being in the 3DS version. The stage looks cool, but I was expecting unique stages for each version
- Green Hill Zone in the 3DS Version, but only if that means there isn't a new Sonic stage for said version

Technically we have Takamaru as an assist trophy to be a Retro Rep

Booster

Smash Lord
I was obviously talking about playable characters.
I know, but sadly I think this is as close as we're getting to a brand new Retro Rep, at most there are 2 newcomers left considering Melee had 14 newcomers (The most in the series)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
For Advance Wars it might be difficult to create a fighter based on that series, since Sakurai doesn't really want characters to have non-laser guns..granted, they could have Sam become a Snake Semi-Clone or something.

For Retro Rep..well, there's really only so many they can choose from game after game, since new Retro Reps can't really be created and at some point pulling one up is going to feel a bit forced..though I do have to say that Takamaru was wasted potential as an Assist Trophy.

SuperSmasher64

Smash Cadet
I saw this youtube video called "Sakurai is a game designing Genius" or something, and it basically says what Oz has been saying the whole time. We should complain about the things that are in he game, not what isn't in it. Js, it's more fun to complain about things we know that won't be in the game...but...yeah, I'll just run away now, I don't want to be bashed.
Some more love for the Donkey Kong series would be nice. Whether be stages or newcomers. (Ideally both). I can't judge on the gameplay because I've never played it and a video won't do it justice for me.

And no Mewtwo yet...that makes me sad.
Idk much about DK, but Dixie would be a nice add (I'm going complain about something that's in the game, though.) Fire Emblem Challenging Mario and Pkmn's Cast amount. Don't get me wrong, Fire Emblem is a great series, but come on. How many of us thought Marth was a female in Melee? Lucina and Robin are well known, though...anyways, I'd say by smash 5 (Not a typo) every franchise should have at least 4 characters. (You too, Earthbound.)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The Problem with Mario is that you can only add so many before you get to clones and forced characters..plus the Mario Franchise is well represented when you add-in the Spin-Off Series of Donkey Kong, Wario, and Yoshi which, while they count as separate series, are all still under the bigger 'Mario' Umbrella.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
The Problem with Mario is that you can only add so many before you get to clones and forced characters..plus the Mario Franchise is well represented when you add-in the Spin-Off Series of Donkey Kong, Wario, and Yoshi which, while they count as separate series, are all still under the bigger 'Mario' Umbrella.
They're represented way too much, I think 1/3rd of the roster is Mario characters X~X

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know, but sadly I think this is as close as we're getting to a brand new Retro Rep, at most there are 2 newcomers left considering Melee had 14 newcomers (The most in the series)
Uh...not sure if serious, but...Brawl had 18 newcomers. Just sayin'. (And yes, all of them, including the PT Pokemon were considered seperate newcomers according to Sakurai.)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ummm
:mario2::luigi2::warioc::bowser2::diddy::dk2::yoshi2::peach::rosalina: 9 out of probably 50 aint 1/3
This is no time for real math, there's outrage to be had!

...Seriously though, K. Rool pls. Solid 1/5 of the roster for Mario stuff seems just fine.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
They're represented way too much, I think 1/3rd of the roster is Mario characters X~X
Pretty much, which is why I'm fine if both the Zelda and Pokemon series gain more representatives then the main Mario series (Mushroom Emblem), since the overall franchise has way more then any other series will.

That said, I'm also fine with the Donkey Kong and Wario series gaining reps (Yoshi is harder since it shares most of its characters with the Main Mario series)..in fact, I'm hoping they both gain reps, with DK gaining Dixie Kong and I wanted Wario to gain Ashley..but that's a no go now..so I'd be fine with Kat & Ana or Capt. Syrup.

Last edited:

Senario

Smash Ace

Sami for Smash bros go! One of my favorite characters though there are plenty of other good ones I can see. Hawke, Kanbei, Grit, Max XD. aaaah well we know Advance wars is pretty dead. Such a shame, I bought all of the games =/ so can't say I didn't do my part.

Booster

Smash Lord
Sami for Smash bros go! One of my favorite characters though there are plenty of other good ones I can see. Hawke, Kanbei, Grit, Max XD. aaaah well we know Advance wars is pretty dead. Such a shame, I bought all of the games =/ so can't say I didn't do my part.
How good is Advance Wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom