• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know

Smash Rookie
People constantly whining about the clones. Specifically Lucina, Dark Pit, Doctor Mario, and Toon Link.
Also, Sakurai being lazy about Ganondorf again.
Just saying They should shut up and deal with it there are plenty more characters just dont play as those characters.

Last edited:

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
This is not a place for character debates...although if it WAS Wii Fit Trainer would be the worst. But anyways, what is the worst part of Smash 4 besides character and stage reveals you dislike? For me, it's the Metroid Other M references, that game DID NOT ****ING HAPPEN, Nintendo NEVER let Team Ninja/Sonic Team's Brother touch the holy Metroid license to **** on it and for Nintendo to have a TON of references to it is as bad as the Sonic 06 level in Sonic Generations, I mean goddamn Nintendo...

Edit by Hong - Your post must not revolve around character reveals or bashing the community.
Team Ninja isn't the reason that game sucked, they just handled the gameplay and while it wasn't very Metroid esque it was still fun in its own right if fairly flawed. The REAL problem with Other M was Yoshio Sakamoto himself

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
The only thing worse about Smash Bros. 4 is people whining and complaining about the choice of characters on the roster, mainly the clones.
I'm actually completely cool with clones. Lucina is one of my top mains and I like Dr Mario too. What I ain't cool with is both of my past mains getting cut. That's the main reason that Sm4sh's roster is my least favorite overall. That and I don't care for any of the non-clone newcomers other than Robin.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
The game is out, Is been a blast AND FREAKING LOVE IT!!!
But there some big problem...

-Shield rolls. they roll very freaking fast, its feels like down Smash are useless, I never using my down smash again because they move out all the arena just by rolling...
-Little Mac is have very powerful damn moves but there TREE that I really but really hate about Little Mac. Jolthaymaker simply as SideB is ****ing fast, annoying and untouchable, yes it hard to dodge to, Is Ftilt is two jabs are ridiculous, strong and fast but the worst thing is...
Little Mac has Super Armor in is Smash Attack??? Who come up to this, heck even King Dedede should have this treatment because is slow and fat as f*** but not a Very fast strong character like little mac!? Is like giving Brawl metaknight Smash attack with super armor, is not even fair....(I have no issues with is K.O. Meter and Neutral B with super armor is ok, but NOT SMASH ATTACK!)
-Dr. Mario was choose over Mewtwo. And some of the cuts still sad for me...
-Kirby hammer is too nerfed in this game, is feel useless, slow and soo much lag... Why you do this Sakurai!!!
-To many recycled stage... They could use New Yoshi Island stage... Why not because there really using Others M stuff there and people hate more that game than Yoshi New Island.
-Kid Icarus Bias in Smash run is too damn high, Seriusly, there many kid Icarus enemy there. Need more Kirby!
-Why Duck Hunt don't have sound clip in the sound test, WHY??? I want to hear that laugh and whinnie in the sound clip but... is not there but every bowser jr. Alt. costume can... Why not DUCK HUNT DAMMIIT!!
-Look new powers!!! Ops you have already... Better Luck Next time! (REALLY??)
-CP Lv. 9 they know all your freaking moves and Mario A.L. Is godlike. The Doc too.
--The online is laggy not bad as Brawl but still.

D

Deleted member 269706

After watching the Fire Emblem trailer, I was hyped, like never before. Thing was, I thought Chrom made the cut... Finding out he didn't kinda killed me.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Team Ninja isn't the reason that game sucked, they just handled the gameplay and while it wasn't very Metroid esque it was still fun in its own right if fairly flawed. The REAL problem with Other M was Yoshio Sakamoto himself
I dunno, I thought the gameplay was just as bad as the story and character design.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Most characters have no reliable way of comboing other characters and the ones with moves that can combo are usually ridiculous and take forever to hit.
The game is slower-paced than Brawl despite being faster if only because defensive options are stupidly good and character imbalance is heavy enough to where the top tiers can easily weave in and out of the fray with no obvious weak points in their pressure game because of most characters having very little range/speed to work with.
The landing lag from aerials is anything but fixed; there's absolutely no reason Shulk should get a free fair while Falco and Wario get "stuck" in the ground from their dair (Wario especially -- there was no reason at all to make the changes they did).
Rather than making every character feel "good" like they said they were, they took a cleaver to most of the Brawl top tiers and didn't bother giving them much of anything else to work with, calling it "balance".

I really, really want to like this game, but every match I play, even if I just steamroll someone, makes me hate the game more because of how I have to play the game in order to be effective at all; most of my mains have some decent counters or can't really KO until unreasonable percentages and punishes are very, very finicky -- either you're a high/top tier, or all your smashes are slow and your fast moves don't KO.
It's frustrating.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
The idea of 8 Player Smash seems so stupid. Especially if 3DS can partake in the action because that means Ice Climbers got cut for a mode that didn't need to exist and that no one asked for.
At least that's just based on speculation so I'll update my post accordingly after tomorrow's Direct.

Last edited:

ReynTime

Smash Rookie
I actually thought the game was going to be worse than it is, but I'm pretty pleasantly surprised with how great it is. But of course, there's a ton of crap that I'd say sucks or is downright wrong.
- Exclusion of some highly requested characters, mostly Ridley because bias, but also cut veterans and no reps for legitimately beloved franchises.
- Lack of an Event Mode on 3DS, because Classic and Smash Run bore me.
- Smash Run itself, terrible waste of programming time in my opinion, but whatever. 5 minutes of a mode I didn't find fun in Brawl to get to a fight that is half the length of the run, not my cup of tea.
- 3DS controls, I whiff so many smashes that would be KOs if I just got them.
- So many more, too tired to remember but not picking up the game to recall them at the moment

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I dunno, I thought the gameplay was just as bad as the story and character design.
I saw nothing wrong with the character design or the gameplay. I had fun playing it. But the story was gave that game such a bad rep.

As for my pet peeves of smash 4 . . . The crap stages we have in the 3DS version. Really hoping that we have better stages in the Wii U version.

Booster

Smash Lord
Okay guys, Mewtwo is going to be in and he's going to be DLC, but you have to own both versions to download him...I would rather the game have gotten delayed and Mewtwo been included for free without buying the other version. Still, that's one of the Forbidden Four knocked off the list and considering this is Sakurai that's quite an achievement. Time for a new name for the remaining three: The Taboo Three.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
The worst thing about the game is the lack of any kind of Adventure mode. It was almost the perfect Smash as far as content goes.

Booster

Smash Lord
Ridley is now subject to be a ***** and Sakurai/The Player is his pimp. The player can get Ridley as a friend and you can still beat him up, like a Pimp ***** slapping a hoe. To piss people off further, Ridley even has a Pseudo-Final Smash and a Life Icon.

What the ****? I haven't been this shocked ever since I saw Yosemite Sam from Looney Tunes without a mustache.

Booster

Smash Lord
Aside from the DLC Scam, Clones and Ridley being deconfirmed, there really isn't much left to talk about as far as bad stuff goes. Nothing is no longer just single player, No Smash Run in Wii U and the people saying the 3DS version would be best got their asses handed to them.

Twewy

Smash Lord
You could complain about the gameplay, the main part of a video game. I feel the blast zones and general easier recoveries this game slow the game down. Everyone lives longer than they should, in my opinion. Someone like Pikachu or Mega Man shouldn't be living to 200%.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
You could complain about the gameplay, the main part of a video game. I feel the blast zones and general easier recoveries this game slow the game down. Everyone lives longer than they should, in my opinion. Someone like Pikachu or Mega Man shouldn't be living to 200%.
I can't complain about Gameplay I haven't yet experienced (Never owned a 3DS and won't for awhile because PS4 has priority).

Though I hear alot of people being upset about 75M Returning...it is the worst stage in Brawl and had no reason to return other then to piss people off.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I can't complain about Gameplay I haven't yet experienced (Never owned a 3DS and won't for awhile because PS4 has priority).

Though I hear alot of people being upset about 75M Returning...it is the worst stage in Brawl and had no reason to return other then to piss people off.
I can say the same about Mushroomy Kingdom. Eh, they can't all be good I suppose.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Okay guys, Mewtwo is going to be in and he's going to be DLC, but you have to own both versions to download him...I would rather the game have gotten delayed and Mewtwo been included for free without buying the other version. Still, that's one of the Forbidden Four knocked off the list and considering this is Sakurai that's quite an achievement. Time for a new name for the remaining three: The Taboo Three.
Hey, you got your Mewtwo, now please stop whining and complaining.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
There's no room to fight in either of those stages and if you play as Heavy Weights in 75M you're going to lose
Aye. Also aesthetically since Mushroomy Kingdom looks like absolute ass and there's no reason for 75M to be 8 bit. The two stages I liked the least along with Flat Zone 2, mostly because of how frustrating the hazards are, even for hazards they're the worst.

Booster

Smash Lord
Aye. Also aesthetically since Mushroomy Kingdom looks like absolute *** and there's no reason for 75M to be 8 bit. The two stages I liked the least along with Flat Zone 2, mostly because of how frustrating the hazards are, even for hazards they're the worst.
What if 75M allowed 8 Player Smash? That would be horrible

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Oh Ridley, what did they do to you. From a boss in the previous game to a glorified Flying Man in the next. It hurts me to see you like this.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Oh Ridley, what did they do to you. From a boss in the previous game to a glorified Flying Man in the next. It hurts me to see you like this.
Be happy. Ridley is a playable character now. Everyone should be so happy, it's what everyone wanted.
(Ridley is only playable by the AI . . . but that's another story :) )

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Be happy. Ridley is a playable character now. Everyone should be so happy, it's what everyone wanted.
(Ridley is only playable by the AI . . . but that's another story :) )
It's not funny :) Ridley should've been playable, since he pretty much is. Do you really need to keep your anti-Ridley crusade at this point?

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
It's not funny :) Ridley should've been playable, since he pretty much is. Do you really need to keep your anti-Ridley crusade at this point?
Not if the Ridley fans are begin jerks once more.

Guys we get it, Ridley is in, you were right, I was wrong, no need to shove it up in my face

KingBroly

Smash Lord
They made it, plain and simple. While Sakamoto may have overseen the project, they didn't have the balls to stand up to him, nor did they have the prowess to know that it sucked. But no, they decided to put their tail between their legs and obey Sakamoto to a fault, instead of standing up for themselves and detail problems that the game was facing.

In terms of this game...
I'm mad about Ridley. You can talk about the teasing, trolling or the lack thereof, but considering that he's a glorified AT, AND he counts as a KO point if you kill him tells me they weren't aware of how many people wanted Ridley to be playable in Smash. For all the people that say Sakurai has his pulse on the Smash community, this is one clear example of him dropping the ball and fumbling it down the field for a safety. It's not as good as it should be, plain and simple, and he deserves criticism for drawing it out as long as he did when he should've ended speculation months ago, if not from the get-go. He knowingly created a firestorm.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Not if the Ridley fans are begin jerks once more.

Guys we get it, Ridley is in, you were right, I was wrong, no need to shove it up in my face
I agree 100%. They were right. They just didn't specify player playable or AI playable only. The Ridley fans got Ridley in the game in a cool way. And the anti-Ridley crowd know he's limited to one stage and he's not on the roster.

How can this be bad. This way the Pro and anti Ridley crowd both win.

I'm mad about Ridley. You can talk about the teasing, trolling or the lack thereof, but considering that he's a glorified AT, AND he counts as a KO point if you kill him tells me they weren't aware of how many people wanted Ridley to be playable in Smash. For all the people that say Sakurai has his pulse on the Smash community, this is one clear example of him dropping the ball and fumbling it down the field for a safety. It's not as good as it should be, plain and simple, and he deserves criticism for drawing it out as long as he did when he should've ended speculation months ago, if not from the get-go. He knowingly created a firestorm.
I think Sakural knew a portion of the SSB fans wanted Ridley in the game. And another portion realised he's not the best candidate for a human playable character. So Sakurai did the best of both worlds, put him in the game without opening up the massive can of worms of him being human playable. I think Sakurai deserves praise for this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom