• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Im back to find out...
There other things I don't like in Smash 4!

-I gonna say again I don't really like Rosalina and Greninja but there moveset save them for being there, those choose are really random in my opinion. But, I really really dislike Lucina!!! Is a Fair Clone, They could use Roy a red-haired swordsmen with a flaming sword than another Marth. (Roy has a chance to be decloned.)

-Lack of Wii U version stuff, I think we gonna see in the future.

-Sakurai teasing Ridley fan like ****. Just freaking confirmed Ridley as a boss, assist trophie or even playable at least just do anything to the fans to just to shut up. and that includes K. Rool and Mewtwo.

-When you attack in the air and land, you get a lag. That really kinda annoying. But at least I can concentrate more in ground combat. but it will be a problem with 4 player battle Royale.

-The people who want Melee 2.0. Guys, just, just move on. We have Pacman and Megaman. Melee dont have those guys and I don't want a tournament with every player use Fox, Falco, Sheik and Marth 90% of the matches.

-The Tittle of the game. Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS...REALLY??? Why they didn't stick with Universe or Dimension, that would be more exciting to see and talk about.

The Real problem to me personal is this: (Is my personal problem OK. Is just me.)

-I wish more forgethen or Retro character to be in Smash Bros. Like Ray or Isaac, they have their fanbase (especially Isaac) but those characters are not well know and i WISH more of this are represent so people can stop asking that Nintendo have only Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. That is the only and biggest reason I want Shulk, Takamaru and Rhythm Heaven Rep. Because not to please the fandom or save the franchise, is just to say that Nintendo is not all about Mario, Zelda or even Pokemon.

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Im back to find out...
The Real problem to me personal is this:

-I wish more forgethen or Retro character to be in Smash Bros. Like Ray or Isaac, they have their fanbase (especially Isaac) but those characters are not well know and i WISH more of this are represent so people can stop asking that Nintendo have only Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. That is the only and biggest reason I want Shulk, Takamaru and Rhythm Heaven Rep. Because not to please the fandom or save the franchise, is just to say that Nintendo is not all about Mario, Zelda or even Pokemon.
little mac, palutena, and pacman. villager is also fairly retro (n64) if you live in japan -- it's actually from the same year as Golden Sun (even the gcn ver is from 2001, though many months later in the year).

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
The Real problem to me personal is this:

Well in terms of adding new franchises to the game, Smash 4 is currently tied with Brawl, so this could easily become the Smash sequel that introduced the most varied assortment of newcomer game series.

Melee: 3 new franchises (Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Fire Emblem)
Brawl: 6 new franchises (Kid Icarus, Wario, Pikmin, Metal Gear, Sonic, ROB)
Smash 4: 6 new franchises so far (Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Mega Man, Punch Out, Pac-Man, Mii)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
According to some sources, the menu screen is very uninteresting this time around. For shame!

D

Deleted member

According to some sources, the menu screen is very uninteresting this time around. For shame!
Keep that childish argument in the thread where it belongs.

Anyway, the worst parts have to obviously be the wait and probably the fact that not many final smashes were changed. Only Pit's, Luigi's, Kirby's, and ZSS' have been changed, even though there are several other vets that could have done with new ones as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Keep that childish argument in the thread where it belongs.
What? I thought it was a legit worst part. Just didn't like how the interface looks for it. Needs to be a little more lively, but will retract it if the Wii U version does it better.

D

Deleted member

What? I thought it was a legit worst part. Just didn't like how the interface looks for it. Needs to be a little more lively, but will retract it if the Wii U version does it better.
The tone of the post made me think you were just bringing the argument from the menu thread over here, but I guess I'm just dumb.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
The tone of the post made me think you were just bringing the argument from the menu thread over here, but I guess I'm just dumb.
I'm done with that thread. You can tell that other guy I "give up" because I ignored him. Not wasting my time with that (and his weird fetishes). But yeah, I still think the menu screen wasn't cutting it this time around. However, I'm not sure if it is the worst part once the games come out.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I'm not a huge fan of how Sakurai may be taking the Playstation All-Stars route by solely including characters based on their current popularity. In previous games, it was really subtle how Smash bros lured you into liking franchises you wouldn't normally care about, but it sometimes feels like Sakurai is trying too hard to shove these games down our throats. That said, there are a fair amount of characters who haven't appeared in years, so.... Meh.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm not a huge fan of how Sakurai may be taking the Playstation All-Stars route by solely including characters based on their current popularity. In previous games, it was really subtle how Smash bros lured you into liking franchises you wouldn't normally care about, but it sometimes feels like Sakurai is trying too hard to shove these games down our throats. That said, there are a fair amount of characters who haven't appeared in years, so.... Meh.
Well hey, Greninja was chosen before X and Y were even released. He could have been the poorest received and competitively ****tiest Pokemon, so Sakurai took a bit of a risk there. Good thing Greninja kicks @$$.

Last edited:

Yup!

Smash Rookie
NNID
Northstuck
3DS FC
2234-7285-0633
The worst part IMO is the lack of story mode. SSE was AMAZING if not a bit vapid, and it was charming to see how the characters interacted with each other. I would have loved to see how they would innovate in that front, even if it were say, a Wii U exclusive thing. I don't like the excuse for a lack of story mode either (people saw the clips online? Big whoop.) Whatever. Ain't me making the game, so whatever the big man decides to do must be for something. I just wish his excuse wasn't so bad.

On another front, I love Chrom's daughter out shining him. That miiiight make up for it.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Definitely stage bosses assuming there is no way to turn them off.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Im back to find out...
There other things I don't like in Smash 4!

-When you attack in the air and land, you get a lag. That really kinda annoying. But at least I can concentrate more in ground combat. but it will be a proble with 4 player battle Royale.

-The people who want Melee 2.0. Guys, just, just move on. We have Pacman and Megaman. Melee dont have those guys and I dont want a tourment with every player use Fox, Falco, Sheik and Marth 90% of the matches.

Seriously, you're telling people to not want Melee 2.0, yet you want psychics that are only present in Melee.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Smash 4 is the best ever.

Worst part is no Dixie Kong so far. After that, terrible blocky polygons and repeated textures, as seen in the Pikmin stage (same wood fence posts) and Great Fox stage (same constellation seen 4 times in the sky).

I blame Scamco, really.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Sonic having a rubbish moveset despite being in 2 fighting games(sonic the fighters and battle). They just copy and pasted my main i was hoping to dive into a new Sonic but now i can easily say i've mastered Sonic since he's the same as he was in Brawl.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sonic's moves are way too generic. I get it, he spins a lot to attack enemies in his games, but that's no excuse for 90% of his move set consisting of fricking spin attacks. I think I might be part of the 1% of people who kind of enjoyed Sonic vs the Black Knight, and I would like to see him pull out Caliburn and use the sword in one or two of his special attacks.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Hell yeah!

Seriously, you're telling people to not want Melee 2.0, yet you want psychics that are only present in Melee.
I see no contradictions. He didn't ask for wavedashing or directional air dodges. He asked for autocancel or shield cancels.
shield cancels were in smash 64. I think Sakurai should consider implementing auto, or attack cancels. Maybe even jump cancels into the game to add combo options.

That is clearly not asking for melee 2.0

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sonic's moves are way too generic. I get it, he spins a lot to attack enemies in his games, but that's no excuse for 90% of his move set consisting of fricking spin attacks. I think I might be part of the 1% of people who kind of enjoyed Sonic vs the Black Knight, and I would like to see him pull out Caliburn and use the sword in one or two of his special attacks.
That would just open another can of worms in the fandom.

I say just give him Flare, Up-Draft, Light Speed Dash, & Sonic Wind.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I agree that one of the worst parts of Smash is easily that Sakurai kept Sonic's unpolished, bland, and uninspired Brawl moveset. It looks so generic compared to the other 3rd Party Fighters and it does not properly represent the history and lore of the franchise. I get his main attack is rolling, but does that mean that 90% of his moveset should consist of that? Hell naw! He currently has two fighting games too take inspiration from and over 20 years of content, there is no excuse for him to keep his rushed moveset from Brawl. That's untapped potential right there, and it would probably explain why no one is interested in the Blue Blur this time around
:4megaman:>:4pacman:>>:4mario:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:4sonic: The sad truth.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
The worst part for me so far is probably the way knockback, blast zones, and recovery work. In the E3 demo, I feel like characters will always recover from an attack unless they're sent straight into the blast zone. The lethality of being off-stage in Smash is one of my favorite parts about the gameplay, but this game makes me feel as if there's little threat of dying unless the move you're hit by was a guaranteed kill to begin with.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
The worst part for me so far is probably the way knockback, blast zones, and recovery work. In the E3 demo, I feel like characters will always recover from an attack unless they're sent straight into the blast zone. The lethality of being off-stage in Smash is one of my favorite parts about the gameplay, but this game makes me feel as if there's little threat of dying unless the move you're hit by was a guaranteed kill to begin with.
I love that, because it forces you to finish the job. Jump after them and kill them.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I love that, because it forces you to finish the job. Jump after them and kill them.
See, you can already do that in every other Smash game. There's never really much of a reason not to attempt an edge-guard or gimp of some sort. All that I feel this new knockback system does is make it so that the off-stage opponent is in less of a position to actually be gimped. If all it takes for the opponent to return to the stage most of the time is a midair jump, it's going to be a lot less advantageous to try and go for a spike, albeit more rewarding if the player should succeed.

The game needs more kill moves with low knockback trajectories, in my opinion. It would vary up the offstage game some more and make recovery less predictable (and easy to accomplish).

I guess some people will like this change, but eh, to me, it just makes the game feel less exciting to watch (and probably play). I like the thrill of being off-stage and possibly not being able to make it back even if I'm not gimped.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
See, you can already do that in every other Smash game. There's never really much of a reason not to attempt an edge-guard or gimp of some sort. All that I feel this new knockback system does is make it so that the off-stage opponent is in less of a position to actually be gimped. If all it takes for the opponent to return to the stage most of the time is a midair jump, it's going to be a lot less advantageous to try and go for a spike, albeit more rewarding if the player should succeed.

The game needs more kill moves with low knockback trajectories, in my opinion. It would vary up the offstage game some more and make recovery less predictable (and easy to accomplish).

I guess some people will like this change, but eh, to me, it just makes the game feel less exciting to watch (and probably play). I like the thrill of being off-stage and possibly not being able to make it back even if I'm not gimped.
I'm just happy hitstun is back rather than the terrible excuse that existed in brawl

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Edge hogging is a(n annoying) use of edge guarding. I'm just glad it's less exploitable this time around :)
Edge hogging is now punishable and almost never beneficial.
I love the new ledge mechanics!

D

Deleted member

Smash 4: 6 new franchises so far (Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Mega Man, Punch Out, Pac-Man, Mii
I'm not sure about Miis counting as a new franchise, because on the site, they use a generic Smash symbol.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I want Lucario/Peach/Charizard to be playable in the demo :(

Also a Falco reveal if he is in the game sooner than later :(.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
If the menu blandness is the worst part about the game, that must mean the gameplay has gotta be better than a bland menu.

And since most people seemed to prefer bland menus to Brawl, reducing the number of people I could play the game I liked most with, I'll take bland menus and gameplay that appeases more people over nicer menus and bland gameplay.

Thing that irritates me most: that the game has spurred discussion that focuses on all the things we think are wrong. Are we just looking to tear it down before we've even had the full game to play, test, and explore? Seems like a negative attitude to me...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm really going to miss the SSE, mainly because I loved to see the characters interact with each other. The gameplay in SSE was dull and had no replay value however, which Smash Run has both of, so I guess it's a good trade off. The one other thing I really don't like is how people are discussing on how to get rid of "filthy casuals" from online.. I really enjoy playing competitively and the thrill from it, but there's no need to bash people who like to play with items, custom moves, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom