• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
the only thing wrong with the game that i can see is that i don't have it already lol:p

but in a serous note these few in the game will not be so bad I (not needed but would be cool to see them)
\/

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Not the "worst" part but I feel I should say this. Donkey Kong looks worse than he did in Brawl... and those teeth *shudder*

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I'm annoyed that due to the limitations of the 3ds version, the wii u version's roster is also being limited.
Also that Lucina was given her own spot on the roster, I'm not saying it's taking up space, I'm just saying that if characters with slight differences get their own spot, why didn't they just not add those differences, what made them think they should in the first place?

EDIT: Now that it has been explains to me, I know how I am wrong about the limitations, but I could have sworn I remember a load of people saying this, oh well, I guess my first ever post didn't go so well.

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I'm annoyed that due to the limitations of the 3ds version, the wii u version's roster is also being limited.
Also that Lucina was given her own spot on the roster, I'm not saying it's taking up space, I'm just saying that if characters with slight differences get their own spot, why didn't they just not add those differences, what made them think they should in the first place?
How do you know this?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Um, you do realize we have more characters than Brawl right? How exactly are we being limited? I mean, unless I woke up in a Twilight Zone where less is more and more is less. Which is possible I suppose.

But yeah, I think that's just some old bit of fluff that got taken out of context. It seems to have no truth to it whatsoever.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Also, the lack of DK content so far is disheartening. He just had two major games and a port which were rated and sold amazingly.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
The worst thing is that the game doesn't go ahead and cook for you, meaning I actually have to get up and do it myself. I mean this is 2014 what the hell

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Uh. just so you know, each 3DS cartridge can hold up two 8 gigabytes of data. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for comparison, is almost eight gigabytes and required a dual-layer disc because of the size of the game. Smash Bros. for 3DS is more than capable of handling the characters, the Wii U isn't being limited at all. Also, even if the 3DS could only handle a couple more characters, we'd never get that much newcomers. We're not going to get a roster with 100 characters just because the Wii U is capable of it, because Sakurai isn't stupid.

Toledo Jones

Smash Cadet
Toon Link not having more variety in his moveset/not utilizing more WW based items is still a rustle in my feathers. Also Mr. G&W not being explicitly confirmed kind of annoys me.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
  1. The fact that Super Mario Galaxy is being represented with both a stage and a character and neither Mario or Rosalina do the spin. Seriously it could have been a good way to bring back the Mario Tornado.
  2. Megaman having the same stage on the 3DS.
  3. The Wii U version lacking a train level (so far). I love train level.
  4. The lack of confirmed aloha shirts for Mii Fighters. What? I like aloha shirts!

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
  1. The fact that Super Mario Galaxy is being represented with both a stage and a character and neither Mario or Rosalina do the spin. Seriously it could have been a good way to bring back the Mario Tornado.
  2. Megaman having the same stage on the 3DS.
  3. The Wii U version lacking a train level (so far). I love train level.
  4. The lack of confirmed aloha shirts for Mii Fighters. What? I like aloha shirts!
I thought Mario's down air was the spin.
What about the Luigi Tornado?

Anyways what I don't like is Sonic's "Your to slow!" taunt was replaced and the Yellow Devil as a stage hazard.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Having to wait for the game.

Also no Varia Suit, Toon Link still existing, too many Mons, and Megaman not getting the Junk Shield since it was the one actually useful shield skill.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

Also no Varia Suit, Toon Link still existing, too many Mons, and Megaman not getting the Junk Shield since it was the one actually useful shield skill.
Um, the varia suit is Samus's default color. Do you mean gravity suit?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Um, the varia suit is Samus's default color. Do you mean gravity suit?
I meant how they redesigned it based on Other M, which had a different design. I liked the Supermetroid version better with the spikes and things on the shoulders, instead of the newer smoother design.

Raijinken

Smash Master
How are there too many mons, brawl had 6, smash 4 currently has 4
And in Brawl, three of them were combined into one sub-par character. Now the only series more represented is Mario.

But really, I just don't like Gen 6 or water types in general, so I'm doubly biased against Greninjajajajaja.

And I also just think they should round out other rosters (F-Zero, Metroid, Mother) before adding more Mons. Especially one that is neither a mascot nor carries childhood nostalgia popularity.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
And in Brawl, three of them were combined into one sub-par character. Now the only series more represented is Mario.

But really, I just don't like Gen 6 or water types in general, so I'm doubly biased against Greninjajajajaja.

And I also just think they should round out other rosters (F-Zero, Metroid, Mother) before adding more Mons. Especially one that is neither a mascot nor carries childhood nostalgia popularity.
well actually greninja is the most popular Pokemon from x and y and nintendo likes to put in Pokemon from newer gens so they cant just say oh lets only put Pokemon from gen one because nostalgia if we were going of nostalgia there would be no rosealina or thepossibilityy of shulk in the game nintendo likes to take new and old characters noy just nostalgia charicters (sorry for that little rant i just hate it when people say olny old charicters can come in)

Raijinken

Smash Master
well actually greninja is the most popular Pokemon from x and y and nintendo likes to put in Pokemon from newer gens so they cant just say oh lets only put Pokemon from gen one because nostalgia if we were going of nostalgia there would be no rosealina or thepossibilityy of shulk in the game nintendo likes to take new and old characters noy just nostalgia charicters (sorry for that little rant i just hate it when people say olny old charicters can come in)
Hard to read without punctuation, but I gather you said that new characters are good, too. And while I agree (I'm very fine with Shulk), I think that underrepresented series' should get some new reps before we just get more Mons.

We got Lucario last game and lost Mewtwo, which was fine with me (even if I liked Mewtwo more). Adding Greninja (while presumably keeping Jigglypuff) just inflates that roster more (while Jigglypuff is falling further and further from popularity, at least around here). Rosalina makes sense as a character as well (despite my weariness of just throwing in more Mario characters).

Basically, I'm all for newcomers, but I want new (or newish) characters from underrepresented series' (Metroid, F-Zero, Kid Icarus which got one, Fire Emblem, and such), not new Mario or Pokemon characters. As someone termed it in a thread over on the Project M forums, most any fan of Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon will already like the roster as it is. It's the other series' that have less representation, and the series' that don't HAVE playable representation yet (Golden Sun, Advance Wars, etc) that need some love.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hard to read without punctuation, but I gather you said that new characters are good, too. And while I agree (I'm very fine with Shulk), I think that underrepresented series' should get some new reps before we just get more Mons.

We got Lucario last game and lost Mewtwo, which was fine with me (even if I liked Mewtwo more). Adding Greninja (while presumably keeping Jigglypuff) just inflates that roster more (while Jigglypuff is falling further and further from popularity, at least around here). Rosalina makes sense as a character as well (despite my weariness of just throwing in more Mario characters).

Basically, I'm all for newcomers, but I want new (or newish) characters from underrepresented series' (Metroid, F-Zero, Kid Icarus which got one, Fire Emblem, and such), not new Mario or Pokemon characters. As someone termed it in a thread over on the Project M forums, most any fan of Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon will already like the roster as it is. It's the other series' that have less representation, and the series' that don't HAVE playable representation yet (Golden Sun, Advance Wars, etc) that need some love.
It's one more pokemon, what's the big deal? Melee and brawl had the same amount of pokemon so obviously someone new was bound to be added

Raijinken

Smash Master
It's one more pokemon, what's the big deal? Melee and brawl had the same amount of pokemon so obviously someone new was bound to be added
Melee to Brawl also cut two instead of just inflating the roster. The only confirmed cut from Brawl to 4 so far is Snake, if I've heard correctly.

And like I think I've made fairly clear, the "big deal" is that it's one more Pokemon instead of one more F-Zero racer or one more giant space pterodactyl or one more swordsman or one more chimpanzee.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
oh sorry about the punctuation English was not my first language sometimes i forget stuff like that lol. :dizzy:
and yea i understand what you are saying, i definitely want more characters from other universes. (look at my
signature for gods sake) and trust me i say we have to many pokemon and mario charicters at least they dont have clones COUGH legend of zelda COUGH.

Booster

Smash Lord
oh sorry about the punctuation English was not my first language sometimes i forget stuff like that lol. :dizzy:
and yea i understand what you are saying, i definitely want more characters from other universes. (look at my
signature for gods sake) and trust me i say we have to many pokemon and mario charicters at least they dont have clones COUGH legend of zelda COUGH.
Truly the worst part is the over abundance of Mario and Pokemon characters, that's half the roster so far whether Jigglypuff returns or not

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Lucario and Ike returning is the worst part

Mewtwo and Roy should have came back instead

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'll concede about Lucario, but Ike was a much more wholesome edition than Roy, whose gimmick was amazing on paper and awful in execution.

As far as the worst part, the fact that I can't play it right now and go into the lab with Luigi. Hype machine is turned on for this game's Luigi.

Last edited:

Silent Hell

Smash Cadet
I hate Marth clone aka Lucina. I love her in Awakening but her whole Marth facade doesn't add up especially when Chrom was the one her taught her how to fight. Something Sakurai totally missed when he claimed her fighting style was "in her blood".

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Agreed, they're completely irrelevant, this goes triple for Marth
Marth is a series staple. I don't think he's going anywhere, and speaking of irrevelant, Roy is kind of irrevelant, but still, I like him better than Ike, Roy's our boy!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

We still don't know if there's no Varia Suit, Toon Link's the protagonist of the best Zelda game, there's no such thing as too many Pokemon, and the Junk shield is not even 0.1% as iconic as the Leaf Shield.

Raijinken

Smash Master
We still don't know if there's no Varia Suit, Toon Link's the protagonist of the best Zelda game, there's no such thing as too many Pokemon, and the Junk shield is not even 0.1% as iconic as the Leaf Shield.
I simply answered the thread's question with my thoughts.

If we want more Pokemon, I'm sure some company would gladly come up with a fighting platformer centered around Pokemon.

I will respectfully disagree wholeheartedly with you about the Toon Link saga.

While the Junk Shield lacks iconicism, it at least provided functionality.

And we don't know if there's no Varia Suit, but we do know that it is no longer her primary design, and thus, if it remains in its old form, will probably have fewer (if any more than one) alternate color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom