• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

strider43

Smash Journeyman
"HUH? I'm sorry I fell asleep because of you boring and predictable mind games. Oh I also see that you were still unable to four stock me."

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
Oh, man, you guys wouldn't believe the excuses this ****** came up with. I only keep him around to laugh at his sorry *** (He's a C-ctick spamming Falco, by the way).

"Dude, no, my foot was hurting."

(when he's about to die) "Dude, I don't really want to play anymore." (Back at the Menu screen) "Wait, dude, nevermind, I do"

"No, dude, I'm better though."

And of course, just denial of me winning as a whole. Yes, he's that extreme.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Show him the tiers, show him that samus isn't even high tier. Tell him that there is not one pro in the world (cept isai) who doesn't use the Cstick, and if he doesn't believe you, post a topic asking for confirmations and show it to him. Tell him he's a complete scrub. Show him this post.
Wtf!? Isai doesn't use the c-stick!?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Isai is just way to pro

Its better when people get angry at the game instead of Johning
ahha yeah.

I play with a bigtime scrub, its hilarious. He totally yells at his character samus

''OH MY GOD SAMUS NO DOUBLE''

''YA THAT SURE WAS A SWEET SPOT GRAPPLE, SMAUS''

or just ''****!''

he never calls us cheap or anything but hes way below the rest of the crew in skill so he rarely, rarellly wins.

I beat him while sleeping yesterday... long story short I had been awake at that point for 30 hours after partying the day before, then skipping sleep to go smash at my friends..

so I passed out around the last stock and was drifting in and out the whole match and then my friend was like dude wake up, and I did and then won... lmfao..

Smalldude76

Smash Rookie
"I don't own the game" is a very popular one for one of my friends. Funny part we really only play when he's around.

chaddd

Smash Lord
"Well, normally I do alright, but really I'm just thinking about this girl..."

Seriously, someone said that. His name is OmegaFujin on the boards, not to point any fingers or anything. Hahaha.

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
"<Insert anything> is gay." Stupid things like waveshines, shine blinding, wobbling sweetspot combos, CGs, whatever.

Friend suicides and says, "I don't want a long, drawn-out battle." I told him I didn't want a long, drawn-out battle before in Hyrule Temple's smashless zone. So now he suicides on any level instead of going to where I am when it's 1v1 (I often stand still waiting for him).

"You're playing seriously; we're not." -.- Yeah, because using characters that I don't main means I'm playing seriously...

I tell them to DI, and they ***** that they don't know how to DI. I've told them all at least 3 times how to DI, so it's no my fault that they don't listen.

"This game lies!!! It won't do what I tell it to do!"

"We don't play this game as much as you do!" I only play when they're around.

Random people in arcades, usually Marvel Versus Capcom 2:

"Magneto's so cheap. He takes no skill." Are you kidding me? No skill? Nobody learns the ROM infinite in a day.

(During an infinite combo) "This is gay." "Bull ****!" "Stop being gay!"

Melty Blood: Act Cadenza Version B: "I was lagging." Yeah, because arcade cabinets can lag for just one person and all...

I haven't gotten dumb excuses from SF, VF, or SC players yet. I probably won't because most people who play those games don't care as much about the money they're putting in to be *****ing about losing.

And some n00bs on MMORPGs that I play; ****...

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
"Its only cuz you use swords" on of the players where i live. I use game and watch. XD

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
In a doubles match this guys gets mad when his partner took one of his 3 lives, explaining that, He has trained to be able to fight against multiple enemies and would have won the match had his partner not grabbed a life from him. (No, he wouldn't have)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Hmmm...Heard so many

So Far Ive got "It wont let me do up-b" and Ill say "It sure let you do the side-B"

Epsilonis

Smash Cadet
Eh, the old "I wasn't playing my best" or, "I really didn't care if I lost or whatever.."

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Ones used against me:

"I would of OWNED you if I was better"

"Projectiles are cheap!"

"STOP JUMPING AROUND!"

Corigames

Smash Hero
Him: "you spam up B!"

Me: >_> "I'm Samus"

Him: "You hacked the game so you can do it before your shield goes down"

Me: "I'm just doing the attack as soon as..."

Him:"HACKER!"

It wasn't even relevant to why he lost either.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
After almost losing to my friends Link he goes, "See your IC's aren't that good"
Me- No it's not that my IC's aren't that good it's just that I'm mad tired and just feel like messing around with you.
Him- Oh yeah well then play me again.
*3 stock him*
Me- What do you have to say now.

Sodapop

Smash Apprentice
After I beat my friends Kirby.

Him:"Can you give a little guy a break?"
Me:"Sure, lets play again."

I win.

Him:"Kirby is a cute pink sphere. STOP HITTING HIM!!!!"
Me:"Fine, lets go eat."
Him:"TACOS!"

I have..Interesting friends. ^_^

Vex_The_Mage

Smash Rookie
My older brother does two things, he just turns off the power if he is about to loss, and says I am a ledge guarder or something that I used to my adventage, but I hardley win, that's why I joined to learn more.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Okay, believe it or not, somebody actually said this:
"I'm not actually playing. I put myself on computer, besides, you're not that good."

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
This isn't really an excuse, but it's something I remembered to be extremely funny.

I remember Simna Ibn Sind money matching Isai at NCT1 for 50 cents. It was Isai's Falcon vs Simna's Ness, and when Simna lost he gets up and starts yelling around the room "Does anybody have change for a dollar? I really wasn't expecting to lose..."

LOL

darknesszero

Smash Rookie
"Why is there a turbo button near my L?"
"Your game's unresponsive to my commands!"

And the one everyone says when we use my Cube:

GameCube:
"An error has occurred. Turn the power OFF and
check the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Instruction Booklet
for further instructions."

Me: *laughs*

Opponent: "Disk Reading Errors? What the ****, man?!"

Aeayx

Smash Rookie
I remember a friend of mine complaining, as Kirby, that the ledge was too high to recover. We actually got into an argument over ledge positions on various levels.

yamigarasu

Smash Cadet
I five stocked my friend on FD.He came up with the following Johns:

"Your fingers are ********."
"Omg dude I had just finished drinking Sprite before the match even started,idiot.(Wtf...?)
"Do you even see the freaking time?It's 2:00 P.M,dude.Man,you're dumb.Get out of my house."

Me:"k.....later."
My friend:"......noob.that's why you lost."

Sometimes I wonder if my friend is on something.

Top Bottom