• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
lolz

"taking something for granted" means you are not giving something the appreciation and respect that it deserves
I don't give your opinion the respect you think it deserves. Stay off dictionary.com

I could say *with a grain of salt* but you would respond with* a grain of salt belongs in a bag with other grains of salt, or something.

And is your defense going to be *Lupe likes lil b* every time?

Also about that remark about Lupe being most lyrical, I've heard non stans say he was also, I think its mostly haters that agree. Don't treat Lupe like lil wayne

New nas video released for Daughters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP4_0z2M85Q&feature=youtu.be

:phone:

soap

Smash Hero
I have no problem with Lupe fans having him in the running, just acting like it is so clear cut is silly.

There is Nas, Big Pun, Rakim, Jay Z, Mos Def, Black Thought, and plenty of other revered old nuccas that I ain't even really listened to yet. Like the Big Daddy Kanes and Kool G Raps.

I guess I'm saying I just don't like to make absolute statements. Say he is 'one of the best' or just he's your favorite.

As far as more modern MC's I think Blu and Elzhi are both above Lu. I actually like Lu more than El cuz he has made tracks that I had more of an emotional connection with, but El has dropped verses that just flat out impressed me.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't give your opinion the respect you think it deserves. Stay off dictionary.com

I could say *with a grain of salt* but you would respond with* a grain of salt belongs in a bag with other grains of salt, or something.

And is your defense going to be *Lupe likes lil b* every time?

lol, what. I'm going to just let your misconceptions about common idioms and expressions, not to mention the bizarre use of * marks go. we can't all have a basic grasp of english, or be articulate people with rapier wit but it's cute when you try, I guess.

but hey, why didn't you answer my question? Is Lupe a dumb guy or not? I only bring it up time and time again because you always avoid answering me.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Lupe is well known to be one of those *smart dumb *****s* I think he says some crazy things sometimes but I dont think he's dumb, why?

and please dont say "cause he likes lil b"

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I dunno, you seem pretty content in implying that I'm dumb and disregarding my opinions because I like Lil B. was just wondering if it's just you being your usual @shole self to me, or if you apply the same standards to artists you like/admire. Clearly it's the former.

you like lil b so i really cant take your opinion for granted

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
because I find it ironic when someone talks down on a rapper who has more cred than their said favorite rapper. Thats like a bubba sparxxx stan talking down on mos def

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
wait huh? I never talked down about Lupe. I said I'm not a crazy fan of his. that's what set you off? sheesh louise. I guess they are right about Lupe stans.

only person I was hating on is Childish Gambino, and if that's who you're talking about, and you think well enough of him to compare him to Mos Def, then I don't know what to say anymore.

soap

Smash Hero
What is your definition of cred tho? Body of work? Fanbase? Tour bookings? Peer respect? Cuz lil b and Gambino Dont seem miles apart in respect to those terms.

Completely different lanes tho.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Use dictionary.com for it like you did before, tired of going back and forth with lil b stans lol I'm done

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
lol ok man. I'm not the one who brought up Lil B in a conversation about a different rapper to begin with. I'm not even sure why you are arguing with me or what you are even trying to argue. I guess you just hopped in here to randomly insult me lol.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
yeah i mentioned shad k to jane when we were getting lunch at a tourney the other day, and i was surprised when he said he never heard of him

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah that was actually awesome. i really liked that second song. plus he's canadian. i auto-****ride canadians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPKTLLb80Ns

Ay yo listen to my jam y'all beat be sick.
hahaha. i was gonna post a shaq song in here a couple weeks ago, it was the one where he talks about his dad. shaq is a seriously decent rapper, i definitely enjoyed this song.

Savon

Smash Ace
I actually know lots of white and asian kids that don't mess with hip hop but they like childish gambino.

He doesn't really impress me. His music kind of annoys me actually.

And ya, Lupe's got mad stans. Faithful stans. I've gotten into conversations with them at a couple Lupe shows. They are convinced that he is far and beyond the most lyrical, innovative, what have you messiah of hip hop. But they don't really know any history of hip hop at all. I had to walk away so I could enjoy the set.

I fux with lupe tho.
Lupe is not bad by any means, but people do over hype the hell out of him. I often feel like people end up loving the production on his tracks more than anything else, but i don't see Lupe doing any next level type **** that just makes you go "DAMNNNNN"

On that note I don't like how so many rappers these days can get away with average lyrics by having great production and beats. It results in people saying that somebody is an amazing rapper without even really analyzing their lyrics and realizing they are kinda meh

Also, I don't like 2 Chainz and i don't see what his appeal is at all.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think people can be good rappers in different ways. Some people just have flow, or maybe just have punchlines, or even some of them just have really complex lyrics but no flow. I don't think it means any of them are bad, just different.

Jane

Smash Hero
^this. rap isn't all about lyricism. it might have been in the beginning but now it has evolved into a genre with a much much wider spectrum. as such, there is a demand for rap with relatively empty lyrics that just hits hard and can make people move.

and 2 chainz is dope in the same way waka is dope. they just know how to make that trap ****.

soap

Smash Hero
Thanks Boof!

Really feelin that Ellie track too. Downloaded it off her soundcloud, must of played it a dozen times already in my car.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
So I actually watched that Ellie lights video for the first time, never knew what she looked like...but aside from her voice I knew she was from UK/Australia after seeing her doing that dumb dance at the beginning lol

Jane

Smash Hero
it was your birthday yesterday, soap? happy late birthday mangg

edit- this ellie goulding song is pretty hot. xaphoon always kills it on the beat.

soap

Smash Hero
Played baseball in the morning, basketball in the afternoon. The fam took me out to a nice Hungarian restaurant. Had some roast duck, beef goulash, and red wine. Then I went to the bar and watched OKC win. Then too tired to do anything else. U know, getting old haha.

Starting to get pumped about this Nas/DMX show next week. I don't even care if X can rap anymore.

Top Bottom