• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
^i listened to this song, and this instrumental

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntM1aUvfe48

for a combined time of probably 6 hours between last night and this morning.

i was hella behind on trig homework and the test was today, so yesterday i buckled down and did a ****-ton of it. but it wasnt enough, so i took it upon myself to wake up at 630 (was running on about 5.5 hours of sleep), showed up to school at 7, and continued my homework trek until class time (11:10). both last night and today's morning session involved these two songs. nonstop.

why? idk, just cuz

oh and i aced the test :>

Jane

Smash Hero
^that was actually really dope. beat was mad nice and the verses were thought provoking.

also this isn't hiphop related, but goddamn is it amazing.

Jane

Smash Hero
adding another song to my all time favorites list..

jay-z - girls girls girls
kanye - through the wire
immortal technique - dance with the devil
binary star - glen close

drake - hate sleeping alone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pySFzXr9Xc

ALSO, on a somewhat-but-not-really random note, i kinda want to start compiling a list of my favorite albums of all time, not restricted to hip hop. and without a shadow of a doubt, queen's "a night at the opera" would be on there. that ****ing album makes me feel such intense emotions and i dont even have any memories tied to it.

soap

Smash Hero
Damn it, haven't been here in mad long. Happy Belated, Soap.
O thanks man. I'll be in here a lil more too after these summer albums drop.

My favorite technique song is "Caught In A Hustle." Dance With the Devil loses alot of its punch after u know the ending already. I remember the first time listening to it tho just being like..ughh.

I like alotta Drake cuts, but he has nothing that hits me on that next level

Something funny that hit me today while listening to old 90's **** is when rappers brag about their old *** tv's, and it just sounds so outdated and silly

Forget what song on reasonable doubt, but Jay was like, "got matching vcr's, a huge magnavox"

Rae on Cuban Linx, "Niggga I seen it, like a 27 inch Zenith"

Not hating, I mean our family had a Zenith way back when. I logged alot of Sonic 2 on that boy.

Jane

Smash Hero
^because it is absolutely clever. and he gives zero ****s about how people perceive him. wonderful.

@soap lmfao @ zenith. i havent thought about that brand in forever. but ya i had one too and yeah its really funny to think about that... in like 10-15 years, we're gonna be looking back at some **** rappers brag about and be like "yo, i cant believe he was actually thinking he was dope because of this"

LLDL

Smash Hero
When she told me to do it faster, that's when I dug deeper, now every time I see her I gots to freak her cuz when I touch her her she like..

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
^because it is absolutely clever.

if you think that's clever you are the hip-hop equivalent of someone who doesn't know what wavedashing is

and he gives zero ****s about how people perceive him. wonderful.
this is just fanboy status. everyone in the world cares to some extent about how people perceive them. someone working in the performance arts is the last person you would ever say that about.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
if you think that's clever you are the hip-hop equivalent of someone who doesn't know what wavedashing is

this is just fanboy status. everyone in the world cares to some extent about how people perceive them. someone working in the performance arts is the last person you would ever say that about.

Jane

Smash Hero

rofl what. The hip hop equivalent. Of someone that doesn't know how to wavedash. So basically that I know absolutely nothing about the genre? Lol

Fanboy status. I've heard maybe three childish gambino songs.

No shit everyone "cares to some extent about how people perceive them", haha. When one says "I don't give a fuck" or somesuch statement, you're not supposed to take it literally and think to yourself "no, that can't be true, he must care about his mom and about his girlfriend and about becoming a better rapper."

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
can you sum up a rapper in one of their rap lines?

I think this is fun. what do you think?

Early Eminem

"Livin amok, never givin a ****, gimme the keys, I'm drunk and I've never driven a truck."

Modern day Eminem

"I sincerely apologize if all that I sound like is I'm complaining but life keeps complicating."

Nas

"Yeah that's the East coast, that black ice symbolized the rap life"

ODB

"wu is coming thru, at a theater near you, and get funk like a shoe. WHAT"

ghostface

"i had to show him what its all about- next thing, you read in the paper 'A MAN WHO CAME TO KILL GETS KNOCKED OUT"

soap

Smash Hero
I am sorry for doubting X. That was the most energy I've ever seen in a live performance. He was also onpoint, engaging, funny, and just the right amount of crazy.

Nas was aight too.

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't think so. Rap, for most rappers, has too many topics to cover to simply say "this is what this rapper is about." A verse? Possibly. But a single line? Nah
I think one line is funnier. I was doing it because it's funny. it's funny to imply that new eminem is nothing but him whining about his personal problems even if it's not entirely true. I didn't mean for it to be an actual serious thing lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
No posts about Canibus vs Dizaster?

Sad as hell. That was just a car crash.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
as far as rap goes it's only natural i explain
my plateau, and also, what defines my name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5UchASpTeY

AP AND ROYCE? how is this the first time i've heard this?

http://rapgenius.com/Apathy-if-you-forgot-my-name-lyrics

the beat is the best part of the song

i think ap slightly one-ups royce:

I'll baffle your brains. Brainiac, brutalest dictators
Cuz' I've been ****ting out single since y'alls were jus 6th graders

I'm abstract
Not like the backpack rap
Like the tats on my arms come to life and attack
So if you forgot my name you gotta be insane
Get a cat-scan, I'm deep in every rap fans brain

On a scale on one to ten
You barely a two