• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Lol I mean, I'm not mad about it or anything. He didn't rap and he doesn't date Nicki...at least I don't think...? At least when he was in the Milkshake video, he was dating Kelis.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I would still give it to Nicki.

Who cares if Nas is in her video? He gets paid to be in a 4 min vid with one of the baddest females in the music business and doesn't have to rap or anything. Maybe he's smashing that too who knows.

Jane

Smash Hero

duyzee

Smash Cadet

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Tom Scott wasn't happy the first time he heard T.R.O.Y. so Pete Rock needs to stop frontin' like HE played that saxaphone.

edit: well according to Pete "he got toms approval" implying lupe should of asked him? Give me a break, just another old ***** trying to grab attention instead of just giving props, pete used samples too, period.

rhan

Smash Hero
Drake concert got rescheduled for June 20th.

Oh wellz. More reason to go now since that's closer to my birthday anyway.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure Tom Scott wasn't happy the first time he heard T.R.O.Y. so Pete Rock needs to stop frontin' like HE played that saxaphone.

edit: well according to Pete "he got toms approval" implying lupe should of asked him? Give me a break, just another old ***** trying to grab attention instead of just giving props, pete used samples too, period.
Nah, Tom Scott liked TROY, according to Pete. I said this to a friend of mine then we were talking about this: you really can't say that Lupe sampled Tom Scott and that Pete did too. TROY's beat is based around a 4 second segment of a Tom Scott song, Around My Way's beat is exactly the same thing as TROY's. It's not the like they both used the same sample but in different ways, it's exactly the same.

duyzee

Smash Cadet
on another note, at least some people who don't know bout pete might listen to his stuff now? no publicity is bad.

soap

Smash Hero
Na I understand where Pete is coming from. Lazy production.

Still, I liked the verses.

Covers of iconic tracks should be approached more carefully.

:phone:

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Flow means a whole different thing to texas *****s, I cant even describe you just need to come down here or something lol

I really hate Texas rap scene, no shots at slice/cbs, just saying my opinion on the scene in general

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
aw, why didnt you tell me earlier fam!? im not gonna make it, otherwise I would of went today to enter skullgirls. I might make Akon tho in Dallas if you plan on going to that

Jane

Smash Hero
you ever start liking a song more after you hear the instrumental by itself?

that's what happened with me with that tyga song "faded". i already liked the song, but when i briefly heard the instrumental on the radio (silly kyle where u at) it made me like it more than i already did.

simple, but it'll get you moving.

tyga - faded instrumental
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_2RRrG-08

plus i really like little bits of both tyga and wayne's verses

treat her like a dog, call that bitch lassie,

loaded like a semi, send me naked pictures
she knows my d
ick, she call that nigga richard,

prior to me comin
i had to stick my thumb in
her a
ss one time, smell my finger make you vomit

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Flow means a whole different thing to texas *****s, I cant even describe you just need to come down here or something lol

I really hate Texas rap scene, no shots at slice/cbs, just saying my opinion on the scene in general
That's.....terrible, homey. How does flow mean something different? Flow should be universal....unless talking about those Death Grip dudes who don't rap on beat on purpose...(?). Is that why chopped and screwed is so popular? Have to slow it down so it doesn't sound completely off beat?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
]
plus i really like little bits of both tyga and wayne's verses

treat her like a dog, call that bitch lassie,

loaded like a semi, send me naked pictures
she knows my d
ick, she call that nigga richard,

prior to me comin
i had to stick my thumb in
her a
ss one time, smell my finger make you vomit
One question: Why? Those lines are *** on *** on ***.

Jane

Smash Hero
treat her like a dog, call that ***** lassie - this one i like simply because it makes me laugh. good enough reason for me.

loaded like a semi, send me naked pictures - i like how he does that little play on words, completely changing subjects on the fly. a smooth, buttery transition that wayne is good at.

prior to me comin, i had to stick my thumb in - its cool when a rapper breaks up a single statement into multiple lines. plus more little more sexual humor never hurts.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
so while there's some hatin going on now, it's a good time to say

I pretty much completely despise Childish Gambino now, and 90% of his fans as well. he's like the ultimate white guy "i don't really like or listen to rap, but have you heard of this guy Childish Gambino?" type rapper and i hates it.

am I alone here? I lol every time someone says something like "this guy is the future of hip hop" and other equally overblown ridiculous nonsense.

soap

Smash Hero
I actually know lots of white and asian kids that don't mess with hip hop but they like childish gambino.

He doesn't really impress me. His music kind of annoys me actually.

And ya, Lupe's got mad stans. Faithful stans. I've gotten into conversations with them at a couple Lupe shows. They are convinced that he is far and beyond the most lyrical, innovative, what have you messiah of hip hop. But they don't really know any history of hip hop at all. I had to walk away so I could enjoy the set.

I fux with lupe tho.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
you like lil b so i really cant take your opinion for granted
lolz

"taking something for granted" means you are not giving something the appreciation and respect that it deserves, i.e. the way people don't realize the luxuries they have. NOT taking something for granted is an expression of appreciation.

I'll let you just claim it was a typo though :)

also by this logic (if you in fact did mean to insult me with this post), wouldn't Lupe himself also be some sort of dumb guy with bad taste to you because he likes Lil B?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
And ya, Lupe's got mad stans. Faithful stans. I've gotten into conversations with them at a couple Lupe shows. They are convinced that he is far and beyond the most lyrical, innovative, what have you messiah of hip hop. But they don't really know any history of hip hop at all. I had to walk away so I could enjoy the set.
^ me
(though lupe < em)

what should I listen to help get a sense of what good hiphop is/get a better grasp on its history?

Top Bottom