• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
he had a song with andre. his label blocked it from being on the album for who knows what reason. track's called royal flush, i believe. his label's been ****ing him over for a while. he actually made shutterbug and general patton in 2006...
He and Dre have a contract for one more album on their label, and that's what prevents them from doing stuff together on a solo album cause the label was waiting to release Big's album, so he left as a solo artist and signed with (Def Jam I think? Or Bad Boy, etc) but any song with the two together would qualify as a 'Kast song.

Still, Big wanted to do his thing alone and without Dre as far as I heard. Which is better for him cause he's always taken a backseat to Dre in my mind.

So I got Drake's Thank Me Later. Oh god, no. I didn't buy it. It's not finished downloading yet. But do you what do you think about it?
Check pages 70-77. Jane and I love it. I didn't at the beginning, but it really grows on you melodically. It's not a rap album. He's got like half his songs singing. Shut it Down ft. The Dream, Up all Night, and Show Me A Good Time are the dopest tracks on there.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
I actually really liked the whole album, personally. I listened to it for about a week and, yeah, it's a grower. I can go the whole way without skipping a track.

Does anyone here listen to Little Brother? I don't but they're supposed to be having a concert around my place so i figured i should go. Could really use some suggestions...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
lol I'm on page 155.

Never checked LB, always meant to, but I only hear good things about them, should be a good show. 9th is no longer with them though right?

Jane

Smash Hero
also, MY favorite songs on tml is fancy (because of the second half of the song) and miss me because wayne kills it imo.

"man i swear my *****es do it til they suck the brown off// uhhhhh, thats nasty// yes i am weezy but i aint asthmatic"

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
okay i got my Black Star concert tickets. Its at Fox Theater in Oakland and i have pretty high expectations.

and little brother is good, but i only go to concerts when i REALLY like the artist(s).

soap

Smash Hero
i thought waynes verse on TML was horrible...

or maybe i just wasn't in a wayne mood at the time. I was on the beach listening to the album straight thru. He doesn't really fit

i'll give that track a solo play and come back

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
"man i swear my *****es do it til they suck the brown off// uhhhhh, thats nasty// yes i am weezy but i aint asthmatic"
that had me laughing when i first heard it. i have a couple favorite songs form the album though.
and little brother is good, but i only go to concerts when i REALLY like the artist(s).
it's only 18 bucks :)
I like Fancy because Alicia Keys posted a picture of her all dolled up and sexy on twitter with the #ohyoufancyhuh tag.

Yes, Alicia, you are very fancy. Got. Dam.
i'm gonna need you to repost that pic...

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
http://twitter.com/aliciakeys/status/15594750645

Atlanta girls, lemme see ya hands, wave em at the b*tches hatin on you with they friends, girl you got it, let em know that everything did, hair done, nails done, everything big.

edit - ****nn I just found out about the whole Alicia-Swizz-Mashonda (wifey) drama. Her letter to AK was legit...

AK is the Angelina Jolie of R&B, lol.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
You guys will get over TML soon.

Alicia ain't all that.

Blu I'm checking that Big KRIT tape.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Alicia looks like a mannequin in that pic.

@N9NE: the mixtape's pretty solid but there's only a few tracks i'd rock wit in my ipod.

@McCloud: damm. that's messed up. just disrespectful lol. ny's really gotta step down off their pedestal every now and then.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
i go to:
allhiphop.com
djbooth.net
hiphopdx.com
ihiphop.com
smokingsection.uproxx.com
hiphoplinguistics.com
sputnikmusic.com <---hella biased towards metal. only check like once every few months
joebuddentv.com

for pretty much all my music. i know about 2dopeboyz but i never seem to go.

might have to check out more Laws...

the only thing i have from Fashawn is BMW and some random mixtape that i haven't listened to. not really sure if i want to check anything out outside of his albums.

i, too, have been looking for new artists. i kind of resorted to checking out all the old artists and see what's so spectacular about them.

soap

Smash Hero
i, too, have been looking for new artists. i kind of resorted to checking out all the old artists and see what's so spectacular about them.
me too.

i've been checking out mad old dilla, premier, pete rock, 9th wonder instrumentals as of late.

dilla is kinda boring to me so far. pete rock is smooth

Lovage

Smash Hero
nahright.com son

new big boi album is ***** bangin omg i didnt expect that

btw its a dilla month for me
its that dilla sht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkCyEFvBKmg

So I got Drake's Thank Me Later.
Oh god, no. I didn't buy it. It's not finished downloading yet.
But do you what do you think about it?

yeah dude thank me later was an absolute shocker
drakes real as ***

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
So far this week checked Finale, Laws, Emilio Rojas, Nickelus F, Marco Polo & Torae, Big KRIT and some Fashawn, AZ and a JD tribute. Yaowa.

Never heard of Remy, but heard of Prince EA. Dude is nice but the subject matter about how everyone needs to step up their intellect gets old. That said, I haven't heard anything from him but random vids. I know people love him but there's those that critique his delivery and ability to make actual songs.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Krit's 'Hometown Hero' is getting a lot of plays right now. song is amazing.

rappers have to push intellect in rap so they can confuse people as to whether they're actually saying some **** or not.......:)

Top Bottom