• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
@kingdom come yeah man, everything lupe does is filled with extended metaphors and similes stacked on top of each other.

My mind was blown when I found out The Cool's name

And forgive "My Cool Young History as... the Coolest n**** what" Michael Young History. Gemstones in "The Die- "Michael Young is the re-clown here" or something to that effect.

Also, really listening to The Cool and hearing the story of The Cool and The Game and The Streets. Crazy cool concept.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yea, when I found out all about that **** I was like this ***** is sick. I had heard The Cool from Food and Liqour but not til after I heard the Album The Cool and looked it up to see if there was a connection

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
@kingdom come yeah man, everything lupe does is filled with extended metaphors and similes stacked on top of each other.

My mind was blown when I found out The Cool's name

And forgive "My Cool Young History as... the Coolest n**** what" Michael Young History. Gemstones in "The Die- "Michael Young is the re-clown here" or something to that effect.

Also, really listening to The Cool and hearing the story of The Cool and The Game and The Streets. Crazy cool concept.
holy **** this blew my mind

the cool is a good album, I'm looking forward to lasers

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
On Lupe's old website they had these pictures of the Cool/Streets/Game and on the Streets one on her **** it like had all these names written down on it and Michael Young History was like the one in the middle so that's when I made the connection.

soap

Smash Hero
Ain't it right? Tell Mr. Jones, it ain't dead it just came back home had to paint black poems for a fake flat world trying to take back rap like a lost black girl while the whole world naps and the sunshine showers, sittin on hills countin down final hours. Thinking about, IF I ruled the world? and I've already got the power. ya

god i love that song. forgot what it's called

edit: lol there is a page in between the post i was trying to follow up.

Jane

Smash Hero
wait. Eminem over Nas? Nah.
rapper who has overall influenced hip hop as a whole more? nas.

but, overall better emcee? i think eminem could easily make a case.

2) woulda got his *** whooped but that means the next album he won't have to admit that.
i think em would beat wayne in a battle, but if em just started beefing for no reason like he was apparently planning on doing, he would have lost on that fact alone.

I used this as an example the other day, say he took the word theologian

Theorizing like a theologian, theo like a huxtable, the o-g stackin bucks ya know, dollas on the table so hustlers stay and ball and haters wanna call but im sittin on a log, i am sh*ttin out some logs, long lyrics oh my god,
what song is this from?? never heard it and id like to.

traditional Yeezy.
LOL this is a funny term. i like it. is "traditional yeezy" pre or post graduation?

Em was just kissing *** imo. He knows it makes more sense and money to collab with these dudes.
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT FELT THAT EM WAS *SLIGHTLY* DICKRIDING WAYNE ON RECOVERY? lol...

That's kinda why I got turned off of Nas after HH is Dead. I thought it was a pretty cheap gimmick coming from a legendary rapper who should be able to just make a beast CD and then there would be no question Hip Hop is alive, right?
i am also extremely bothered by this. hah.

S l o X

Smash Champion
not a sneaker freak (aint got no $$$ ever) but i like the black / white air max 95s
what you guys think? (i dont like the other colorsss at ALL. maybe the greens but they ugh) blackred spizikes are ok but idk.

ahhhh & i knew that sunshine was about h-hop but never realized there was soo much to the song. t'is good.

i keep being amazed by blu every song i listen to.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yea, I 3rd that.

I personally think that now Em should go at Wayne.

Em, 50, or Cassidy.

Any one of them could ruin Wayne's career. Believe it or not.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Cassidy is just a generic, mediocre punchline rapper too reliant on bars about guns and drugs.

Cassidy isn't ruining anyone's career but his own.

Niko45

Smash Master
who is cassidy? Oh, dude that rode a line from the black album into a hit...like 5 years ago. And made drink and my two step. You can sit over there with Jibbs and Chamillionaire. And Fabolous.
Wait, what's wrong with Chamillionaire and Fab? I don't really know anything about Cham beyond the fact that ridin dirty was dope. Did he flop or something?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
who is cassidy? Oh, dude that rode a line from the black album into a hit...like 5 years ago. And made drink and my two step. You can sit over there with Jibbs and Chamillionaire. And Fabolous.
Are you kidding?

Listen to Cass's mixtapes. This man is an absolute monster when it comes down to it. Sure he talks a lot about the gangster ****. But, let's be honest you would rather listen to that then the bull**** dance music and soulja boy, right?

Niko45

Smash Master
lol Fab has been around since at LEAST 02...probably earlier than that. Fab has a ****load of fans still...including me...

anyway, somebody needs to jump on that Soulja Boy - 2 Milli beat. That beat is amazing.

edit: KC what are the best Cass mixtapes?

McCloud

But, let's be honest you would rather listen to that then the bull**** dance music and soulja boy, right?
I think dance rap has a place just like underground has a place. I know everybody was hatin on crunk music when it was the **** in 03, but hey, just gotta do the club thing. I don't mind people out there eating. They just gotta realize they're under a different genre of hip hop.

And I dunno man, I don't really use mixtapes to judge people. Talk to me when they have a solid album. Drake don't count has his last mixtape WAS an album.

I'm all for people that get slept on and all, but there's better dudes that are getting overlooked (sit down Freeway) and by better dudes I mean Consequence, GLC, Wiz Khalifa (even though I don't really mess with him that much, he's pretty good), etc. And still you can say the same about these guys too. Guess I'm just tired of having to wade through all the amateur **** to find good mixtapes that have the necessary quality of music. I got like 5 high school friends trying to be rappers and all their **** sucks. I have one who's a successful Beastie Boys type rapper but it's basically for white kids who have no concept of rhythm (sorry white kids, I'm generalizing) and have some weird altruistic vision of what hip hop was/should be.

That's just me though. **** with my mixtape when it drops in December! XD

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Oh ****, McCloud with the flow?

I'm down. I'm working on a mixtape too. We're gonna send it in to a studio soon and see if they sign. We might get a feature from Papa Rue.

McCloud

Cmon, I'd hardly call any of the guys I mentioned staples of the game. Chamillionaire might have come the closest imo. I'm just saying rap/hip hop is a young man's game and a fast man's game. Can't just sit and drop mixtapes when you've already made it big. :p

edit - unless you are really trying to work on your lyricism, but maybe I'm just not seeing the bigger picture for most of these fellas.

Niko45

Smash Master
There are often major complications with dropping albums on major labels. Unless you're Jay-Z, Eminem, or Kanye West you are not gonna be your label's first priority, and dropping mixtapes can be a great way to mitigate this problem. Just sayin, it's not always the artists fault and by putting out quality mixtapes they prove that(Joe Budden comes to mind).

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
lol, it's mostly cause they're names from what seems like a really long time ago.
long time ago? does that mean that 2Pac, Biggie, KRS-One, Rakim, MC Lyte, Jeru the Damaja, all of the Wu-Tang Clan, etc. are just old names? They're VETERANS to hip-hop. Drake is a pile of new pop rap group. **** Drake.

So you dislike them because they are vets and Drake is the new kid on the block?
Word. Except they aren't really vets and I think, personally, that they suck at making quality hip-hop music. But that's my opinion.

Top Bottom