• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
^lol my thoughts exactly! i think i was listening to it, planning on it sounding like mmlp/sslp so i didn't really know how to take it when it sounded completely different. but, after a couple listens, i was/am hooked :) definitely gonna buy it when it comes out.

@N9NE:....i give it to BTH, personally. there was only one track on there i didn't like... but both are dope.
Me too, I was thinking that it would either have a TON of emotion put in like in Beautiful, Underground, or Deja Vu, or that it would have great emotional beats.

He took a more mainstream approach, which is :/ but the product itself is decent.
IDK, in my opinion:

1) SSLP
2) The Eminem Show
3) Infinite
4) MMLP
5) Recovery
6) Relapse
7) Encore

It's ironic that some of the best songs came from Encore (Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, etc.) and Relapse (Beatiful, Underground, Deja Vu, etc.). However, the SSLP will always remain one of my favorite albums, it is the ONLY album that I can play the whole way through while still being completely entertained, and I've listened to Illmatic, Enter the Wu-Tang, Mecca and the Soul Brother, Train of Thought, Me Against the World, Ready to Die, etc.

I mean all of those albums are great, in fact they're all CLASSICS, but I can't stay entertained the entire way. I mean some of my favorite songs are on those albums, yet overall, as an album, the SSLP is my favorite album of all time.

Call me crazy.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Call me crazy.
i shall respectfully call you crazy :chuckle:
i have quite a few albums i can listen to all the way through. of course, there's always a track on every album that i kind of have to force myself to listen to enjoy the whole album.

@N9NE: of course lol. i deleted that track so quickly.

@Jane: I dunno why but i've become more and more bored with rock.

soap

Smash Hero
Boy Meets World vs. Below The Heavens.....which wins?
Below the heavens easy.

The only thing i really liked on boy meets world was the exile production.

Fashawn kinda bores me tbh

BTH might be my favorite album. every track from the first to the bonus tracks. (except maybe show me the good life)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Me too, I was thinking that it would either have a TON of emotion put in like in Beautiful, Underground, or Deja Vu, or that it would have great emotional beats.

He took a more mainstream approach, which is :/ but the product itself is decent.
IDK, in my opinion:

1) SSLP
2) The Eminem Show
3) Infinite
4) MMLP
5) Recovery
6) Relapse
7) Encore

It's ironic that some of the best songs came from Encore (Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, etc.) and Relapse (Beatiful, Underground, Deja Vu, etc.). However, the SSLP will always remain one of my favorite albums, it is the ONLY album that I can play the whole way through while still being completely entertained, and I've listened to Illmatic, Enter the Wu-Tang, Mecca and the Soul Brother, Train of Thought, Me Against the World, Ready to Die, etc.

I mean all of those albums are great, in fact they're all CLASSICS, but I can't stay entertained the entire way. I mean some of my favorite songs are on those albums, yet overall, as an album, the SSLP is my favorite album of all time.

Call me crazy.
This is ok but it's wrong that MMLP is so low. MMLP is much better than Eminem Show, and a little bit better than Infinite.

Linguini

Smash Master
That is stupid to say.

Elzhi, in terms of putting words together, is amazing. In terms of music, I've only checked The Preface from him. It's cool, I'm not in love with it. I don't know how he would do over Illmatic.

Probably my fav track I've heard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLFc-BzioGk

This is just dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDz_eTkWuUE

Talking about Fashawn got me listening to Boy Meets World. Boy Meets World >>>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgWj6oEwLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yGzZ2dAeSk
Elzhi is nasty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-KMVp7r-Vw

As to Boy Meets World vs. Below the Heavens, BtH wins by a pretty large margin. The production is more diverse to me and blu def. outshines fashawn although fashawn is dope.

Wiz Khalifa might not be a great lyricist, but he is a really nice rapper as a whole. His ability to create a synchronized vibe between his rapping and beats is what draws me to him. Same with Curren$y.
Kush & OJ is my favorite mixtape of the year so far closely followed by K.R.I.T. Wuz Here.

I get to see Wiz for the second time in 2 months next week, pre-rolling 2 joints to the dome!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
This is ok but it's wrong that MMLP is so low. MMLP is much better than Eminem Show, and a little bit better than Infinite.
Yeah, I know that the MMLP is regarded as one of his best albums, but I can't really get engaged into it like his other albums. :/

I'll eventually listen to it again and hope it grows on me.

soap

Smash Hero
i agree with this.

1.MMLP
2. SSLP
3. Infinite
4. Eminem show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2J9F2sJMT4

one of my favorite em verses is from this song

So i just throw up a middle finger and let it linger longer than the rumors that i was stickin it to christina
cuz if i ever stuck it to any singer in showbiz it would be jeniffer lopez, and puffy you know this
sorry puff but i don't give a **** if this chick was my own mother i'd still **** her with no rubber and come inside her and have a new son and a new brother at the same time and just say that it ain't mine cuz i'm

I remember driving in tenth grade hearing this song and just being like wtf

Linguini

Smash Master
Camp Lo "Luchini"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXyFYNiV-9I

Such a ****ing dope track i just smoked a j listening to it while blasting my bose headphones. back then everything just seemed to have a natural and original vibe; the creativity was at it's peak for the rap game. There's so much music from the Golden-Era of Rap that I discover everyday from just searching.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSms7HfVSLs

This version is pretty good also, Fab surprises em every time I listen to him, mad smooth.

Jane

Smash Hero
@Jane: I dunno why but i've become more and more bored with rock.
hey its not just rock, its punk rock baby! :D

Wiz Khalifa might not be a great lyricist, but he is a really nice rapper as a whole. His ability to create a synchronized vibe between his rapping and beats is what draws me to him. Same with Curren$y.
Kush & OJ is my favorite mixtape of the year so far closely followed by K.R.I.T. Wuz Here.
yeah his synchronized vibe is why i listen to him. you put it into words well. but i honestly kush & oj was blandish. the beats were good of course, but, ugh, the lyrical contents were so boring @__@ lol

I get to see Wiz for the second time in 2 months next week, pre-rolling 2 joints to the dome!
hahah nice :chuckle:
hes coming to my city in the fall, ill probably go.

Camp Lo "Luchini"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXyFYNiV-9I

Such a ****ing dope track i just smoked a j listening to it while blasting my bose headphones. back then everything just seemed to have a natural and original vibe; the creativity was at it's peak for the rap game. There's so much music from the Golden-Era of Rap that I discover everyday from just searching.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSms7HfVSLs

This version is pretty good also, Fab surprises em every time I listen to him, mad smooth.
daaaamn, that song was ill! why the hell have i never heard of camp lo before?! *downloads*

and yeah, fab is a beast i love him :)

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
Listened to Recovery for the 3rd time, just amazing. I think my ranks now are.

Marshall Mathers LP
Recovery
The Eminem Show
The Slim Shady LP
Relapse
Infinate
Encore

Oh, and Recovery is pre ordered off of amazon now, with release day shipping. I really hope this album sells well. I think Love The Way You Lie will make the radio, so that should boost album sales, No Love and Love the ay you lie have been fighting for most popular in music on youtube lately. Im hoping for 1 mil sales.

Jane

Smash Hero
pun pretty much only released two albums before he died - capital punishment and yeeah baby. from clipse i recommend lord willin and hell hath no fury

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The Clipse >>>>>>

YEUGHK!

Best adlib in the game. By miles.

Rotate them chickens like a weather vane;
the wind blow, it come and go: I'm hurricane.
Listen again, I HURRY-CAIN!
Don't make me come to Me-ami and bury Wayne

Sorry I dont respect who you applauding/
Lil ***** flow but his metaphors are boring/
dont make me turn daddy's little girl to a orphan/
that would mean I would have to kill Baby like Abortion

YEUGHK!

Linguini

Smash Master
shad is dope.....but his music can come off so mellow that he can become boring...

@Krazy: i assure you it won't come from me. i barely listen to either of them :).

someone post more links of clipse. i've been meaning to listen to them. never got around to it.
I agree, shad is a nice but his content can only go so far in entertaining me.

New beat I just finished

Cruise Control.mp3 - 2.71MB

Jane

Smash Hero
that was hot

I think Biggie and Pun are tied for flow, and Biggie>Pun at everything else...

*Waits nervously to be relentlessly flamed* :p
pun spits faster, and more technically than biggie. what biggie has on pun is lyrical content, storytelling, track diversity, among a few other things. but i wouldnt say biggie outshines pun in EVERY way.

oh and, dont worry, there aint many big pun fans in the thread :p

i didnt really like it tbh. this is the first one of your beats i didnt really feel.

all of you have to watch this. funny **** right here. the video description says it all:

soulja boy is an incredible genius. witness and shed a tear as heavenly, poetic words come from his mouth regarding the electronic video game masterpiece braid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Pun > Biggie & Pac

but that won't get anyone mad

so

Pun > Big L

get mad.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
@Jane: lol. i was supposed to get that game a while ago.

lol not like pac really had a top ten flow. maybe top 10 in aggression though...but dmx tops all :)

i still don't see the hype around big l *jordan shrug*

soap

Smash Hero
soo, i finally got around to listening thru the rest of blueprint 3.

lol at jay z still talking about nas ("got the illmatic, on bootleg", and a few other quips)

like, get over it dude, they made up a few years ago, nas is doin different projects not givin a ****

he just came off as bitter to me lol, guess ether'll do that to you

S l o X

Smash Champion
Might be bias since I'm PR but Pun is a ****ing monster. Nobody can match his flows, even today with all this editting and **** that can make someone with no rap skills sound decent.
Notorious is second on my flow list.
-
Funny that Kanye said this on NASA's Gifted before he even ***** Taylor Swift: "I'm known for running my mouth, I will not be accountable for what comes out - uh. I don't know I might've said it. I was kinda down and light headed."

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
hmmm seeing as pac's birthday just passed and what not, do you guys actually think music would be any different if pac and big were alive? i don't. just curious though.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
pun's flow was ridiculous.

best example: twinz. DUDE WAS 300 POUNDS AND ABLE TO DO THAT?

Top Bottom