• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
LOL i couldn't even make it through that Papoose track, my mans 15 minutes were up an hour ago, Intro was funny though. Also that Hopsin track is nice but I assure you 99% of us have heard it, and I'm speakin for myself here but that dude gets on my nerves, idk why. thanks for sharing though.

Jane

Smash Hero
i'm calling megaman being the new sonic: sucks but with a stupid big fanbase of mains. not gonna lie though, megaman looks dopee

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
Thoughts on A$AP Ferg now that he's got some popularity through the Work Remix?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Born Sinner is trash.

Yeezus is a trash Kanye album, but iight on the shelf.

Mac Miller album is the best hip-hop album of 2013 so far.

Oh how the tables have turned.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
"black girl sippin white wine/i stuck my fist in her like a civil rights sign" LMFAO thank you kanye.

just finished the first listen. the first couple of tracks didn't grab me very much, and i actually kind of disliked the intro track. I started to warm up to it around New Slaves and then Hold My Liquor really moved me, and everything after that was exactly what I wished for. it's weird, surprising and certainly a more rock/industrial influenced sound than hip hop imo. but it's a good synthesis of all these different sounds and cultures and combined to make a really accessible sound without being trite and formulaic, which is why i love Kanye.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yeah, Hold My Liquor my favorite track too.

Also, Black Skinhead, Bound 2, and Blood the Leaves. Those the only joint worth keeping outside of New Slaves, which was already heard before the album dropped.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
Yeezus sucked, Mac Miller's new album is pretty bad too, (although there were some improvements to some things) Wolf doesn't even need to be commented on, uh what else... didn't listen to J. Cole's new album yet, but I heard it's just generic pop rap, nobody cares about A$AP Lame, and SpaceGhostPurrp needs to quit being dumb on Twitter, and drop something quickly.

soap

Smash Hero
those commercials during the finals with Jay and Timbo in the studio.. that beat was so bad lol. They were spazzin out like it's some next level ****. Time will tell how bad this album is gonna be.

still kinda in shock over game 6

and i'm in an old Kendrick mood today. Not that he's falling off, quite the opposite. There is just something special about some of those first EP's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27HVvRUMy7E

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
saw Kendrick two nights ago in St Augustine with all of Black Hippy supporting, and some dude named Kid Ink. Kid Ink was meh, Jay Rock killed it, Ab-Soul was aight (which was disappointing because he's my favorite next to Kendrick, he just didn't play the songs I like), and Schoolboy Q made me a fan after a long time of really not feeling his **** at all. Schoolboy had the best stage presence and got the crowd pumped before Kendrick came out.

buut, Kendrick slaughtered all of em once he came out. this was my first real hip hop show (except Common in like 2006 when I barely knew him) and it was neat to study the differences in each performers delivery and control of the crowd. Kendrick's a natural performer (probably didn't hurt that he played like a trillion festivals last year/this year) and he was pretty much flawless in delivery all night with very minimal backup from the DJ.

best part of the night was definitely Money Trees with Jay Rock coming out to do his verse, which is my favorite part of GKMC

Jane

Smash Hero
i like yeezus. makes me bop my head a lot. theres like 1 song i dont feel much but other than that, smooth sailing all throughout. i also like how there's no guest verses. frank ocean (i think?) and cudi (i think again?) work really well in the album though.

also, theres this

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Migos ain't trash. But after Drake verse on there, it's doesn't wanna keep you around to listen to the rest.

Also, I ****s with Hov new album. Not classic ****, but it's pretty nice.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yeezus sucked, Mac Miller's new album is pretty bad too, (although there were some improvements to some things) Wolf doesn't even need to be commented on, uh what else... didn't listen to J. Cole's new album yet, but I heard it's just generic pop rap, nobody cares about A$AP Lame, and SpaceGhostPurrp needs to quit being dumb on Twitter, and drop something quickly.

Mac Miller album was really good to me.

The **** are you looking for in a hip-hop album nowadays?

Top Bottom