• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Big Boi was solid when I saw him last year, he was late for his set cause he got held up in customs or something. Did all the classics, dude was hype. He's even shorter in real life.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Power Trip video is just Dreams Part 2 which is ****ing brilliant if you ask me.

Also new Big K.R.I.T. is jammy. That track with Future is incredible, only problem is it is short.

I've been relistening to Lasers which really is actually a good album if you skip the track after Words I Never Said and Beautiful Lasers. W/o those I think the album is much more listenable.

Also Rich Ho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJHzKHC3K0k

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Anyone listen to Indicud? MOTM1 and AKNC were classics, MOTM2 was also very good. Indicud si certainly better than WZRD but it's a far cry from his early work.

The features are all on point, Chip, KDot, and even fking Michael Bolton (which by the way is a standout track).

If MOTM was a 10/10 I'll give this a 7.5

This track hits http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dffYH8JZoI

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I saw Macklemore at Lollapalooza last year and I wasn't really impressed. He spend too much talking and stuff and not enough time rapping. I'm not a huge fan in general so I'm a bit biased though. I think it was the first time he ever did Thrift Shop in concert though so that was kinda cool. I also saw Big Boi last year and I really enjoyed that show. Kendrick coming to Lollapalooza this year, pretty ****ing pumped for that. 2 Chainz too.

Jane

Smash Hero
listening to goblin for the first time.. i am utterly impressed.

i'm gonna see him on april 30th, i think its time for a week of preliminary tyler/OF heavy rotations

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Almost ashamed of it, but damn, I like this Lil Wayne track.

Yeah it's about the same old **** he usually sings but this clip is based on one of my fave movies, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. So it's good.

To make up for it, here's something better:

Ginger Root

Smash Rookie
New Jersey (for internship) (From Maryland)
I went to see Pro Era, Flatbush Zombies, and The Underachievers last week. I was thoroughly impressed. My first hip hop show and certainly not my last. Flatbush Zombies brought more energy then Pro Era (even though i do prefer Joey Bada$$ and his partners). I really need to see either Big KRIT or Danny Brown in the near future, and Master P. I cant get over how much I enjoy Master P.

Jane

Smash Hero
Goblin was awful though
then actual lyrical content wasnt fresh or remarkable in any way (though there definitely are stand-out tracks), but the beats man, the beats. some really good stuff on this album and it was produced almost entirely by tyler, so kudos to him.

the production on goblin, yonkers, radicals (talking about the beat that starts at around ~4:20 in), she, her, fish, analog, and au79 is all top-notch.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
then actual lyrical content wasnt fresh or remarkable in any way (though there definitely are stand-out tracks), but the beats man, the beats. some really good stuff on this album and it was produced almost entirely by tyler, so kudos to him.

the production on goblin, yonkers, radicals (talking about the beat that starts at around ~4:20 in), she, her, fish, analog, and au79 is all top-notch.
the beats are definitely the highlight of goblin...still not sure if i would quite say "top notch" but it's a really solid album from a musical perspective...i think that fact is exemplified best in the jam session Tyler did with badbadnotgood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7PEnj-8NHw

either way, the new album is way way way better than Goblin. it actually almost makes me like Tyler

Jane

Smash Hero
i recall you posting that a while agp. i dig it even more now that i've heard the studio version. that was so dope. the way tyler is so excited for his first jam session haha. is badbadnotgood the drummer or more than one person?

anyways, yeah, top notch for all of those may be a bit of a stretch. mainly though, i just love the beats of fish, analog, and au79, and the "hidden track" in radicals a lot.

i will be listening to wolf probably later tonight or tomorrow.

soap

Smash Hero
I went to North Coast like 3 years ago. Saw Nas and Damian Marley, Lupe, Pretty Lights. Great time. Might go this year

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Saw Nas and Damian Marley to in Amsterdam like 2 years back or so. Best preformance I've seen yet!

Jane

Smash Hero
recently i've realized that my three favorite rappers are kanye, kendrick, and drake. the KKK if you will.

during a random stream of thought, i created a fun equivalence with the legend of zelda triforce: kanye would assume the role of the god of power, kendrick the god of wisdom, and drake the god of courage.

then i expanded them so that kanye was the god of power, style, and quality. kendrick the god of wisdom, skill, and introspection. drake the god of courage, charisma, and confidence. all personal characteristics i of course want to bring out in myself.

anyways, i just thought it was too quirky not too share.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Prepare to get your mind blown:

And just when I thought last week, damn, Papoose has gone quiet...

Top Bottom