• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Haha kitty pryde

haha

bahahaha

bahahahahahahahahahaha

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Also LT I now know where you live

Oh **** I should probably make an introduction post or something.

Hi guys I'm Dark Horse. My favorite rappers/rap groups/rap-producer combos are dälek, Cunninlynguist, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, MF Doom, Deep Puddle Dynamics, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Death Grips, and Food For Animals. MBDTF was also pretty cool.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Naw I wasn't by the shots. It was some beef ****. I know the shooter. We used to be real tight he was like a big brother to me when I was in elementary and middle school. He was always there for me. But then he moved to Dallas and came back all thugged out then turned religious which are two big no no's for me.

Anyways he was always supportive of the white boy rapper and he actually has his own stuff. Check it out and support.

$trey Soulo last verse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3STlFYPaNU

The Ben

Smash Journeyman
This probably makes me a terrible human being but Kitty Pryde isn't that bad, in fact she reminds me a lot of Uffie.

soap

Smash Hero
I actually stumbled across Kitty Pryde like six months ago while looking thru bandcamp hip hop section

One of my friends also recently got really into Dirtnasty and RiffRaff. This wave of trash-hop is kinda whatever to me

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
Trinidad James is one uggggly mother****er

Also Drake's new song is meh but I know in a few weeks it is going to be bumping out the *** on EVERY radio station imaginable.

I like R&B Drake better than "I rap and try to be a gangster" Drake

Jane

Smash Hero
take care is one of my favorite albums of all time. 40 is one of my favorite producers. suffice to say, i'm a fan.

Linguini

Smash Master
drake is a piece of **** now. his last good release was so far gone and that was years ago lol

comeback season is his best tape by far doe

rhan

Smash Hero
I personally liked Take Care... :(

I been listening to more off the wall dark ****. Like FV and OF.

jarren Benton is really underrated. I fuccs with him.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Trinidad James is gonna be around for a while.

All Gold Everything is amazing, by the way. You can't deny.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I believe my man X said it best..

"I show no love, for homo thugs."

I mean I guess he was ok, but there's something about a gay dude talkin about gun rappin that I just can't do.

That pic ain't helpin either.

rhan

Smash Hero
That is also true.

But he's a complete idiot in all gold everything.

"Gold all on my watch
So big its like a clock
Some people wear fox fur
On The Source cover I wore a fox"

#ColdBars

Jane

Smash Hero
so my car battery died today, and when i got a jump, my xm radio was somehow magically working again. but then, as i was flipping through the channels, there was no shade 45, no hip hop nation, not even no liquid metal.

turns out my dad switched to the custom selection package. damn you, father. #FirstWorldProblems

but really though, once i talk to my dad and get shade 45 back, and i can listen to the all-out show with rude jude and lord sear, i will be a very happy camper. best radio show ever.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
That is also true.

But he's a complete idiot in all gold everything.

"Gold all on my watch
So big its like a clock
Some people wear fox fur
On The Source cover I wore a fox"

#ColdBars
Lol, Idk what it is about him but I ****ing love me some tity boi 2 chainz!

I think it's just his swag that really carries him. His delivery is on point. His adlibs are 2nd only to Ross and Jeezy. Just my honest opinion of him.

Also, I guess it's nearly unanimous in this forum that Illmatic is Top 5 Hip-Hop albums of all time if not #1.

But what is better in y'alls opinions Fashawn's Ode To Illmatic or Elzhi's Elmatic?

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Also, I guess it's nearly unanimous in this forum that Illmatic is Top 5 Hip-Hop albums of all time if not #1.

But what is better in y'alls opinions Fashawn's Ode To Illmatic or Elzhi's Elmatic?
#1 for me, though that's kinda obvious if you know me. Either that or Paid In Full....which is an album I can honestly say I don't like that much.

I thought Elzhi's was better but some of the remakes to the beats were kind of...dull.

soap

Smash Hero
Since I started looking around Spotify this week, I've noticed so many rappers that dropped albums last year with zero hype.

Case in point; Obie Trice: Bottoms Up

Not bad, except it still sounds like he released it in 02'

Top Bottom