• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Jane

Smash Hero
i can make a list... just a scrub *** one lol

premier
dre
j dilla
kanye

uhhh

i could probably think of like 5 more if i thought really hard for really long lol

Suspect

Smash Hero
New Fab Mixtape is ok, im kinda gettin tired of Fab.

Cory Gunz signed to yung money <----New day G-unit

Anyone heard Freeways stimulus package yet? i need food for thought, so feedback :)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Serious question, and if Jane could make a poll for this...

Who do y'all think is the best rapper alive? I don't believe this has been asked yet in this thread.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
good **** victra. i like that song. don't know why i have a soft spot for asian rap, even though i don't know what the hell they are saying.

@Kingdom Come: let's not get into the whole best rapper alive thing. too many things to judge off, too many different opinions, too many different artists = too much headache. i mean, we can talk about lyricism and who's the hottest out but best rapper has too many factors to just name one person.

can ya'll post some more freeway tracks? i liked that one that was posted way earlier.

@N9NE: Royce did sound off as **** on that beamer, benz or bentley freestyle.....

is that fab mixtape actually worth downloading? i've never really been a big fan of fab...

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
It was pretty much asking just who your fave rapper was, I mean the best rapper alive would probably be your fave rapper.

I'll rephrase it then, Who is y'alls favorite rappers?
better?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Joe Budden a.k.a. Jump Off Joe Beezy a.k.a. That Dude b.k.a. fluck nigqas a.k.a. Regular Joe b.k.a. did I say That Dude?

Noraa

Smash Lord
yeah freeways joint with JakeOne is dopeeee.
fabs mixtape is not worth dl, just stream it from a hiphop site.

JUMP OFF JOEYYYY, never disapoints me

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
yeah freeways joint with JakeOne is dopeeee.
fabs mixtape is not worth dl, just stream it from a hiphop site.

JUMP OFF JOEYYYY, never disapoints me
hey can someone give me a link to the freeway/jake one?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I heard Nissan Honda Chevy whats Gucci Louis Fendi Matador?

Royce seems off lately.
Gucci Louis Fendi is Cassidy's remix...Banks, Juelz, Joey, Joell and even Royce >>> that **** though...lol

I would never believe the Royce of late is the same artist that put together BE1 and 2...

Suspect

Smash Hero
Freeway is a beast

He has been pushin alot of hot mixtapes lately also

check out his "Month of Madness" and "Freelapse"

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I actually liked Royce on that track, and him wrecking drake on his own beat is funny as hell too.
Bizzare could've wrecked Drake on that beat...

I'm really not understanding all the hype surrounding this kid...He's painfully average.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
I think hip-hop is garbage. It's so played out, mainstream, everyone listens to it, annoying, doesn't take skill to create, no talent, and just overall useless, not to mention the lyrics are trash.

but RnB has those rifts man, I love it. Same with soul. It's such a good genre, with amazing talent, and isn't bred by the entertainment industry to become "entertainers"
they are actually, artists :)

rhan

Smash Hero
I think hip-hop is garbage. It's so played out, mainstream, everyone listens to it, annoying, doesn't take skill to create, no talent, and just overall useless, not to mention the lyrics are trash.

but RnB has those rifts man, I love it. Same with soul. It's such a good genre, with amazing talent, and isn't bred by the entertainment industry to become "entertainers"
If you notice most RnB artists are sounding like Rap artist who just sing what they "rap" about.

Trey Songz is the perfect example.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

I think RnB is garbage. It's so played out, mainstream, everyone listens to it, annoying, doesn't take skill to create, no talent, and just overall useless, not to mention the lyrics are trash.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
If you notice most RnB artists are sounding like Rap artist who just sing what they "rap" about.

Trey Songz is the perfect example.
honestly, trey songz isn't RnB. He's that awkward branch of rap, which intitles he tries to sing/rap.

and you cannot tell me that hip-hop isn't dominated by the stupid highschool kids? It's trash. RnB has some form of talent, not a mac with garage band to make those sick beats.
(sarcasm)
Hip Hop will die. Because it all sounds the same.

Jane

Smash Hero
Adrock, im trying my hardest not to rage right now.

Not because you dont like rap which is fine. But because of your elitist, pompus, head 6 feet up your *** attitude.

Troll.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lmfaoooo, what do you listen to?

Edit: nvm...you said RnB...lol

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm not. Just a musician thatt hates people that ruin music. Yeah, there is some good hip hop, but i'm not going to throw every song into the good pile, when the majority is not.
I'm not ignorant.
Saying all hip hop sounds the same is extremely ignorant.

Ignorant, hypocritical, elitist little *****es like you are some of my least favorite people in the world.

It's OK to dislike something, but don't be a total ***** about it.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The King is back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20hiwAZ4PGo

co-sign.

>>>>>>Hip Hop.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
N9NE, don't feed the trolls :rocket:. this guy has made it painstakingly obvious that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. look, if you don't listen to it, don't listen to it, but don't form an opinion on it because you only look like an ignorant *******.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Lmao, dam Noraa...what's that supposed to mean?

You can't be MD/VA and NOT like Wale...
Wale isnt good to me, he has his moments though. Your pretty much saying ihave to back him because hes from round here lol. If you dig deeper around the dmv area you would find alot better than wale

kenn starr >> wale
wordsmith >> wale
xo>>wale
oddisee >> wale

Jane

Smash Hero
random question...

why is md and va always grouped together? xD

ALSO,

any of yall seen freaknik? that cartoon thing starring t-pain on adult swim?
only caught the second half of it (1 hour special), but it was pretty funny haha. trap jesus :chuckle:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
N9NE, don't feed the trolls :rocket:. this guy has made it painstakingly obvious that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. look, if you don't listen to it, don't listen to it, but don't form an opinion on it because you only look like an ignorant *******.
Lol, that's feeding the trolls. We just shouldn't respond entirely.

Wale isnt good to me, he has his moments though. Your pretty much saying ihave to back him because hes from round here lol. If you dig deeper around the dmv area you would find alot better than wale

kenn starr >> wale
wordsmith >> wale
xo>>wale
oddisee >> wale
Lol, nah, I'm saying...he's MD/VA music. I mean, most of the street names and places he mentions in the song...I actually pass by or grew up near. Jerry Yum's>>>>

He's our sound, lol.

That said, there's plenty of artists better than him, he's not the GOAT or close to it...but I like his music. You like Clipse?

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
lol
i don't know what trolling is so if you could inform me so i won't do it? and yeah
i was just stating my opinion, I didn't mean to get everyone so heated, i'm actually a rock kinda guy but I can see how what I said was offenseive.

Top Bottom