• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

MBlaze

Smash Champion
^ with ya hat to the back, talkin bout the gats in ya raps
But I can't feel that hardcore appeal that you're screamin, baby I'm dreamin. lool

I feel a Kanye discography quality breakdown coming on.

Mine:

Late Registration
MBDTF
College Dropout

Those top 3 switch around a lot but I usually have College Dropout at the top but idk lol.

Graduation
Watch the Throne (If you wanna count that as an album of his as well even though it's joint)
808's & Heartbreaks

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
But I can't feel that hardcore appeal that you're screamin, baby I'm dreamin. lool

I feel a Kanye discography quality breakdown coming on.

Mine:

Late Registration
MBDTF
College Dropout

Those top 3 switch around a lot but I usually have College Dropout at the top but idk lol.

Graduation
Watch the Throne (If you wanna count that as an album of his as well even though it's joint)
808's & Heartbreaks
Same here just switch Late Registration with Graduation and put it below the other two.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Same here just switch Late Registration with Graduation and put it below the other two.
O.o first time I heard thatobit cool haha.

Soooooooooooo... No York, I don't like it. Well it's okay but extremely inconsistent. My Subshine is about as good as it gets to me. Nigga smokes wayyyyy top freakin much....

:phone:

soap

Smash Hero
ya No York was definitely out there

It was kinda entertaining jus cuz it's so weird, but I don't know if I like it.

I liked Jazmine/jazz men

Jane

Smash Hero
i think em got me into rap... well, he was the first rapper i really listened to, anyway.

my freshman year of high school i just didnt even really listen to music. when someone asked me what kind of music i listened to i didnt really know what to say haha. i would just stumble and blurt out some bands i thought were cool at the time.

sophomore year i was more into music, albeit more radio rock/post-hardcore stuff.

my junior year, i dont know what happened. but i noticed i was listening to more hiphop. and then i noticed i kept falling more and more in love with it. junior year i also got into a lot of death metal and hardcore stuff.

and ever since then, my love for just music in general as kept on growing and growing. i dont think it will ever stop. hiphop will always be my number one though.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
growing up in a primarily black area during the 90s got me into rap.

eminem made me actually really appreciate it at a deeper level though

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I uhh, never really liked rap very much.

I remember listening to a lot of Jay-Z and LL Cool J *I don't ****ing know it's what my dad always had playing*.

Then one day me and my dad were going on a long rode trip *like 6 or 7 hours*, and we stopped by the old record store. He picked up Kanye's newest album at the time "Late Registration". After listening to it I basically had an epiphany and fell in love with the genre.

Still my favorite album to this day, and my favorite musician =]

College Dropout = Late Registration > MBDTF > Graduation = 808 > Watch The Throne

That's how I see's it~

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Aesop Rock got me into rap seriously- his music helped me through some rough patches in my life too.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
nas got me into rap
common got me into soul
when lauryn hill left the music i left soul
kanye and lupe got me back into soul
em teaches me about the want for something till this day
J.cole and Kendrick Lamar got me into believing into hip hop heroes.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Pac got me started. Then I heard nas and mobb deep and got REALLY into it. I'm honestly more into the production/beats part of hip hop though.

But yeah I was probably in like 9th or 10th grade when I was really getting into like nas, mobb, Biggie, cormega, CNN, wu tang, dipset, LOX, fabolous, cassidy, Big L, Big Pun etc....then I just expanded my taste and got into ALL types of rap.

Now I'm always listening to different **** I really have no particular niche in rap. I could be listening to some classic Common or Lupe one minute, and the next minute the new waka and gucci lol. Raekwon or odd future one minute and wiz khalifa or 50 cent the next.. thats pretty much how i dooze it. I also do not listen any other genre :p

Also Alchemist is my favorite producer, I'll listen to anything he comes out with

Also... i just realized how big this year has been for Hiphop. Eminems reunion, carter IV (not saying its good), big seans debut (not saying its good), RED album, WTT, Cole World, Take Care, Section 80, and a bunch of other ****. Yelawolf and Big krits debut coming... Section 80, wiz's mainstream debut lol. and so much more...

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Pac got me started. Then I heard nas and mobb deep and got REALLY into it. I'm honestly more into the production/beats part of hip hop though.

But yeah I was probably in like 9th or 10th grade when I was really getting into like nas, mobb, Biggie, cormega, CNN, wu tang, dipset, LOX, fabolous, cassidy, Big L, Big Pun etc....then I just expanded my taste and got into ALL types of rap.

Now I'm always listening to different **** I really have no particular niche in rap. I could be listening to some classic Common or Lupe one minute, and the next minute the new waka and gucci lol. Raekwon or odd future one minute and wiz khalifa or 50 cent the next.. thats pretty much how i dooze it

Also Alchemist is my favorite producer, I'll listen to anything he comes out with

Also... i just realized how big this year has been for Hiphop. Eminems reunion, carter IV (not saying its good), big seans debut (not saying its good), RED album, WTT, Cole World, Take Care, Section 80, and a bunch of other ****. Yelawolf and Big krits debut coming... Section 80, wiz's mainstream debut lol. and so much more...
Idk how much more there is than that, pretty much summed up anything notable for the year besides No York I suppose..

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Goblin definetly, I dont like the album because I always compare it to basturd, which is a better effort to me. But goblin was received pretty well. the new Mobb Deep should squeeze in before 2012. Evidence and blu both have albums comin.....Wu tang and d block collabed which is pretty epic in hip hop..hmm theres so many things happening I'll just save it for a post at the end of the year :)

soap

Smash Hero
I like alot of different electronic genres too, and a bunch of alternative/indie rock bands.

but, mostly hip hop these days. I prefer the above genres live more.

Hip Hop is cool live too, but alot of rap artists aren't that good at putting on live shows, even tho they may sound good on record.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Only asian rapper i've heard is Jin unless you count L-Vokal (j-pop) as one. Jin was nice and is still ok with the words...he's turned all christan rapper now, cant make music for ****. I like L-Vokal.

Jane

Smash Hero
Speaking of Kendrick Lamar, I'm gonna download Section.80 soon. I've heard a few verses of his and he's fire it seems, and I heard the Mixtape was fire as well.

Edit: Can't be serious.... US is dumb as fuck http://www.diversehiphop.com/blog/2011/09/lil-wayne-added-to-2012s-guinness-book-of-world-records/
yes yes download section80. i see in kdot what i used to see in kanye. someone who could make great music while keeping the lyricism 100000% on point. (kanye still makes great music but the lyricism is steadily declining)

and lol at wayne's two broken records.

I could be listening to some classic Common or Lupe one minute, and the next minute the new waka and gucci lol. Raekwon or odd future one minute and wiz khalifa or 50 cent the next.. thats pretty much how i dooze it.
sounds a lot like me haha. also, good to finally have someone in the thread from southern cali. we used to have a bay representative, plus homemadewaffles occasionally stops by, but never a steady socal member. welcome to the family :D

lmao at this Lil Jon feature
http://www.vevo.com/watch/yelawolf/hard-white-up-in-the-club/USUV71101370

first Yelawolf track I've actually listened to. I kinda like him, I'm sure he has better tracks tho. Somebody post something.
i'll bring you some tracks in a moment.

Jane

Smash Hero
gucci mane ft. yelawolf - too turnt up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIu-m5al80o

yelawolf ft. gucci mane - i just wanna party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urrhUyjaMT8&feature=related

^this vid has a little something something added in but fuck, its fucking siiick.

yelawolf - pop the trunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9iin93RV1Y

^lol at the top comments. its true though, i refuse to link people to vevo.

yelawolf - my box chevy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=borbCqM43ps

^an ode to his hoopty. dope lol.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Section.80 The best project I've heard all year...

Asian rappers?
Marcus D, Shing0, Dumbfoundead, Jin, Tantrum, Traphik, D Pryde I guess...

Some of them are dope, other overrated like hell~

Top Bottom