• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
brandun deshay, casey veggies, & tyler the creator - rest stop flow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PglNyJE1yQc

^ apparently thats an amateur beat and he combined those verses into one song... or something. either way i really like it.
Yeah it's **** Tammy and some random CV track.

Brandun used to be in OF, he has beef with them now or somethin now.

"They say success is the best revenge, so I beat DeShay up with a stack of magazines I'm in"

Yeahhhh

BTW these are my OF songs right now.

MellowHype - Intoxicated Dreams

Domo Genesis - Mission Statement

T3h Albino

Smash Master

MBlaze

Smash Champion
lets celebrate. cole world is on shelf's.

well not in my country till the next month. lol
This is most unfortunate. D:

Listening to the version I bought now. lol

And looking back through Common's discography and the ratings... his albums were quite something it appears? o_o Why does no one talk about him in here? lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I've only heard one of his albums. He's one of those dudes who I know is dope, but I never got around to really checking his music out.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I've only heard one of his albums. He's one of those dudes who I know is dope, but I never got around to really checking his music out.
Sounds like me with the following:

- Canibus
- Wu Tang (Even though I've heard a lot of their songs before)
- Imoortal Technique
- Common pretty much

As soon as I'm done with them I've heard all the stuff in hip hop I've wanted to from the past to my knowledge. :]

soap

Smash Hero
We've talked about Common before, and agreed that he was overall kinda boring to listen to.

He has alot of dope songs, his style is just not very dynamic.

I have a long *** day of classes before I can pick up Cole World. So sad.

I managed not to download it thanks to Frank Oceans Lonny Breaux Collection. Dude is so.. iono, dope.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Bio idea sounds cool. We should write each others bio as opposed to writing our own.

Still haven't bought Cole's album despite it dropping here on Monday. Fml.

Pick up Evidence's Cats & Dogs while you're out there!

Jane

Smash Hero
only problem is that it would discourage newer/quieter members from having a bio, since others can't say much about them.

Savon

Smash Ace
I hate how Drake is a pretty solid musician overall, but all of his songs sound like the same damn thing.

Also giving Tha Carter I another listen and I forgot how good it was. Carter II still better, but people do not give the first one the credit it deserves

:phone:

Jane

Smash Hero
i miss old drake too but i definitely don't mind new drake. headlines and that new song with rick ross talking bout "tatt my name on you so i know its real" are dope.

soap

Smash Hero
Mr. Nice Watch sounds better in my system

this still funny as hell tho. "first off young eeyore lookin like somebody snatched his balloon on the cover"

http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/

Lost Ones sounded better without all the extra production he threw in. It was more raw sounding.

On that Missy Track right now

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah Free Spirit and Club Paridise by Drake are okay, but his old shit is always way better.

Also Rick Ross' verse, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NymW1p0jsLY

Not only are you gonna sample his beat but you're gonna "borrow" his flow and bite/recycle his lines into his own? Come on.......... I'd understand a bit more if his verse was longer but that was just... -_-

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Liking the Never told song from J.cole. It shows both sides in a relationship. Girls cant complain off of the song.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Been too busy with school **** to really give Cole World a listen. I'm not a huge fan but I like some of his stuff so I'll see if I can feel it, probably listen to it Thursday when I got the day off (thanks Jews haha).

MBlaze

Smash Champion

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Been too busy with school **** to really give Cole World a listen. I'm not a huge fan but I like some of his stuff so I'll see if I can feel it, probably listen to it Thursday when I got the day off (thanks Jews haha).
Not a big fan of Cole World. To me, he comes off like he's trying to be mainstream but that's just not his best game.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
In what ways is J. Cole coming off Mainstream?

Also, what is it with cats and hating on main stream music? It's like, Artist have to make something that's radio friendly or there music won't get played on the airways. Making complete underground type songs all the time will not get you put on or heard.
That's how most cats fall off cause they tend to cater to the underground scene or the streets and they end up taking a hit. Most underground Artist don't wanna be underground. They wanna be heard. I don't understand the hate... It's not like they selling out or anything... They gotta eat like the next man has to eat. Someone please explain to me the hate behind this.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

Also, what is it with cats and hating on main stream music? It's like, Artist have to make something that's radio friendly or there music won't get played on the airways. Making complete underground type songs all the time will not get you put on or heard.
That's how most cats fall off cause they tend to cater to the underground scene or the streets and they end up taking a hit. Most underground Artist don't wanna be underground. They wanna be heard. I don't understand the hate... It's not like they selling out or anything... They gotta eat like the next man has to eat. Someone please explain to me the hate behind this.
I can dig this way of thinking but at the same time I can respect a man that doesn't give a **** whether or not they get airplay and puts out the music they want to put out. I agree that mainstream stuff gets a bit too much hate but with me there's a fine line between going mainstream and selling out, idk.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839

I agree with you perfectly. When I saw Kendrick Lamar's ADHD music video and saw the amount of views it had, I'm saying to my self, why hasn't this got on 106 & park? He kept it too underground so it was not on a t.v channel like mtv or BET.

Not saying to join the illuminate. But their is ways how to sell your products while avoiding them.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Agreed with all of the above, mainstream isn't always bad. Even though I fail to see how Cole World was mainstream sounding besides a Trey Songz feature and really good beats. lulz

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Ohhh this ***** went off. Agreed. Just once, I wanna hear an artist get on the radio and say "**** underground music."

Linguini

Smash Master
lol @ the "illuminate"

Already bought my copy of cole world. it's REALLY damn good. his production skills have improved ridiculous amounts lately. that kingdom hearts sample was ***** epic!

bumpin' this ish alllll week

Just saw blackstar in miami tonight, and it was def one of the best hip hop shows i've been too. mos killed it.

soap

Smash Hero
I really liked the album. Lights Please and Lost Ones felt like he rushed the delivery a lil on the album version to me. Maybe I'm just used to hearing the original recordings.

Dollar and A Dream 3 was my favorite track. I lol'd at the ending
"I got a Dollar and a Dream........... 3."

Altho I didn't really feel the whole concept that Cole was talking about in regards to the Sideline Story..

This album was dope, but Section.80 remains my favorite of the year.

Lookin like Nas gonna have the last shot at that title for me

Top Bottom