• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
The Watch the Throne tracklist is out.

It doesn't look like anything classic is gonna be coming out for a long *** time. Not saying it's gonna be a bad album, just nothing amazing.

:phone:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
The Watch the Throne tracklist is out.

It doesn't look like anything classic is gonna be coming out for a long *** time. Not saying it's gonna be a bad album, just nothing amazing.

yea i was listening to a couple tracks. doesn't seem much. I tend to listen to J.cole and forget everyone else.

Savon

Smash Ace
It saddens me how terrible Lil Wayne's music has become. I wish he went back to how he was during Tha Carter II. He was so raw back then.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
It saddens me how terrible Lil Wayne's music has become. I wish he went back to how he was during Tha Carter II. He was so raw back then.
Yes. Finally someone with my thinking. The Carter II was his best album and it contained quality music.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I am i guess. but im focusing on training for apex 2012. Its my first international tourney after all.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm hype as ****.

I can't wait to see dat Isai love.

And Cactus and PP better go far.

Same with S2J, Hax$, Scar, Darkrain, SS, and every other Falcon.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
YES.

Well. He bat a lot of good people. I think people were just sleeping on him. Like, Shoomed lost to him, then the next day he 3-0'd him (With Doc).

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Wayne Go Hard on that new mixtape....
Lil B is a horrible Rapper. I mean bad...He'd be a great Parody rapper...

I don't know whats up with all these Lil B meat riders. He's probably a cool guy...but LYRICS are not his strongest points...

Savon

Smash Ace
I am not crazy about the new Mixtape.

gun reference, ***** lickin reference, coke reference, punchline/ liquor reference, blooded reference, gun refrence, punchline/

I have just summed up pretty much all of what Lil Wayne will do. Wayne is just not doing anything special with this mixtape.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Y.B.M hasn't seen the light that is BasedGod. When you feel the lights warmth, you're whole perspective of hip hop with change to the highest degree possible. Flows will sound different, you will here medaphores that you've never heard before on songs you've heard a thousand times, your philosophy on how rhyme schemes should be formulated wil be completely different, you will understand the messages of rappers that you label "terrible"; That is BASEDGOD.

Suspect

Smash Hero
If the man likes wayne, let em like him.

Id do the same if it was Lupe

but lupe da bess <--- See, told ya

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
> ****rides the **** outta Wayne, YET AGAIN.

> questions why everyone is on Lil B's ****.

What the ****, man. Seriously?

**** Rides Y.b.M., YET AGAIN!!!

Don't confuse inspiration with meat riding, homey. Obviously Wayne has changed Lyrically. I been listening to him since day one. He literally gives off a rappers Vibe. Since he started getting more Main stream everyone starts to hate him, or show more of it.

Lil B doesn't sound like he knows what he is about to say and when he does say something its horrible. I also have a diverse sight in music and look at things from a different perspective.
But C'MON SON, get the **** outta here with that Bull****. Even the songs he make that have a reasonable subject to get across... he sounds horrible. I honestly respect every rappers hustle and I will never knock anyone who grinding. But I can't respect his music. I don't understand how people can actually enjoy that crap.

Wayne makes some bad songs but the good out weighs the bad...
Lil B is just BAD!!! Be ashamed of liking his music.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Lil B's spontaneity and "doesn't know what he's about to say" is BASED. A lot of the tracks he puts up are freestyles. It's not really the quality of the music that is endearing, it's the sincerity and rawness of it. Based god has no self-consciousness. His music is almost like free-word association. He does not distract his mind with "this bar has to rhyme and fit perfectly into the rhythm", and at times he doesn't even distract his mind with logic when he's spitting. That's the purest form of expression. His stuff is comedic, but he's never ironic. It's just real sincere DIY music. He also challenges the very concept of words, in the same way that Eminem did with Marshall Mathers LP. Eminem could slather his album in some of the most offensive homophobic and misogynist lyrics ever and then go perform with Elton John. Just like Lil B is gay, a pretty *****, a lesbian, etc. Because words don't really mean anything. I think that's what he is partly trying to get across.

I mean, I can understand why people don't like him (hell, I didn't like him at all until recently) but you can't knock him as an artist as he has more sincere artistic credibility than pretty much anyone else, especially someone like Lil Wayne. Dude has over 700 songs out, can't knock that regardless of what you think and nobody should ever be ashamed of liking him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9HYMorqtyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsxvSUZrgts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLKuoklj1bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl6Mf4yTm7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwkg4Qa_-bg&feature=related

I'm Gay> Goblin

oh yeah and this song has the funniest intro ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab9DM23onBk&feature=related

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Trust me I understand all of that. That's how I can respect many Artist and Musicians. Different backgrounds and mindsets will create something that many question and few understand.
Not knocking him for his creativity but I am knocking him for his delivery and Lyrical execution. Don't like it period! Can never take him serious as an Artist. But the dude has a cool personality from what I see on interviews and all that. If you got Swag, you got Swag... can't hate you for that

Eminem is on Whole other Level and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same Dictionary as Lil B.

I'm done talking about it. Still can't grasp on how you all can listen to his music. Maybe cause I'mma 80's baby...I dunno, *** it.

Also, just wrapped up listening to "Sorry for the Wait" Didn't really like Wayne New Mixtape...it annoyed me that he kept saying "Sorry for the wait" on every track. There are a few tracks that went hard... but Overall It probably was his weakest Mixtapes... Although he had a few clever lines in there...especially on that Marvins Room...

Jane

Smash Hero
basically, lil b is just one of those rappers you either like or don't like. a lot like wayne. theres hardly any in between.

Top Bottom