• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Vash.

Smash Cadet
I love rap/hip-hop, BUT not like I used to

Most music from the genre that I like is between late 2003 to early 2006 everything else is bah...... some exceptions for a few songs here and there

Some of the artist I like from that era are and include:

Usher, Ludacris, Kanye West, Petey Pablo, J-Kwon, Jay-Z, The Game (G-Unit), Twista, Juvenile, Lil' Wayne (back when he started), T.I., 8 Ball & MJG, P. Diddy, Nelly, Fat Joe, Jarule, Mario Winans, Mobb Deep, Lil' Scrappy..... I could go on and on.

But like I said mainly from those years, of course I can't forget about my H-Town representatives such as Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Slim Thug, Lil' Keke and Z-Ro (Best rapper ever, period.)

Screwed & Chopped is what I mostly listen to these days, especially when I swandg and bang.
Lolwhat? :psycho:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Lol did you listen to the track?

Do you know what lyrical means?
They call me Jay Electronica
**** that, call me Jay ElecHannukah
Jay ElecYarmulke
Jay ElecTramadaan Muhammad Asalaamica RasoulAllah Supana Watallah thought your monitor
My uzi still weigh a ton, check the barometer
Im hotter than the motha****in sun, check the thermometer

:eek:

yeah, I'm not a fan.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
They call me Jay Electronica
**** that, call me Jay ElecHannukah
Jay ElecYarmulke
Jay ElecTramadaan Muhammad Asalaamica RasoulAllah Supana Watallah thought your monitor
My uzi still weigh a ton, check the barometer
Im hotter than the motha****in sun, check the thermometer

:eek:

yeah, I'm not a fan.
that segment was satire.
Jay electronica is a modern day Nas and the most lyrical new act that has any kind of buzz at all.

get learned son

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
kanye compared soulja boi to nas >__> somehow, people keep downplaying nas *smh*

jugfingers

Smash Champion
any ever heard of babbletron, I bought mechanical royalty like 6-7 years ago cause I liked the name babbletron and the cd cover looked cool, and it was actually a really dope album, just remembered them the other day for some reason

some of my favourite songs off the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JcimZp5p0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NbX9Pat0i8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sybFU8Q875w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3gXy-0THSQ&feature=related

incredible production!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
that segment was satire.
Jay electronica is a modern day Nas and the most lyrical new act that has any kind of buzz at all.

get learned son
Really? He does that frequently.

Seriously? New Nas?

Idk... I've heard so much good stuff about this guy...but I just can't see it. When someone gets praised this highly, it's usually worth it. Idk.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan

What do you mean?

Anyway Lil'Wayne is definetly overrated these days, Akon is alright so I don't mind him appearing in almost ever song these days.
I don't know man, I find most of his stuff hilarious. I'll admit though, his non-mainstream stuff is much better.

Also, any Nujabes listeners in here? Substantial's work with him is insanely smooth IMO.
Think Different and Eclipse are some **** good tracks.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
@ man: Nujabes is the bizness. Substantial isn't all that good though. He's like average at best.....:dizzy:
I see where you're coming from. I like him, but that's just me. I don't think I'd like those songs as much is Nujabes didn't do the beats though. I suppose there's always that.

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
^true. nujabes is a genius when it comes to making beats. never heard something so chilled, yet dope :)

i mean substantial's ok. think different just doesn't have a lot of replay value for me. when i first heard it, i was like ZOMG IT'S SO DIFFERENT! then, i listened to it like 3 more times and didn't listen to it for like a year lol. Feather, Luv Sic (1 & 3), and High 2 Lows, on the other hand, all have replay value(as far as the rap songs are concerned, excluding the instrumentals.) He came out with another album last year, if you didn't know.

@ N9NE - Eternal Sunshine is Jay Electronica's best song. that might be why people kind of overrate him

Jane

Smash Hero
goddammit, kanye is such a faggot.

i cant believe such a dumbshit can make such good music ):<

excuse the hate its just... ugh, kanye is a ******

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
wtf? why don't you have the asterisks? -__-

and hate is fully understood : ) i was pissed when i first read it too. meh. i just listen to his music and ignore what he says

Jane

Smash Hero
censor dodging my friend :D luckily no mods really babysit this thread so i get away with it a lot in this thread :>
man i hope none of them see this lol

just change the color of your font to white in between the curse word of choice like so

f[color$=$"white"]uck[/$color] without the $$$

fuck shit ass nigga nigga nigga nigga

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
lol I'm gonna laugh when you get caught for that stuff...Yea, I've been bumping Wale lately with some Mobb Deep, Run DMC, Drake, and LL Cool J. And Lupe Fiasco...

BTW can somebody send me his mixtapes?

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
@jug: Haha, that guy is funny as hell man. I love his voice. He's got a point though, that hip-hop is something you should love. Whatever happens after you've got the love, happens.

Oh yeah, and what kind of R&B are you guys listening to?
I recently started listening to tracks from Joe again. Some of this stuff I hadn't heard in ages, but **** if it's not good.

And in case you don't remember Joe, here's a couple he's known for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0knElW1ZRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TZARu5DBJc

Boofy!

Smash Champion
lmaoo Jane i knew they were gonna get u for that one haha

Jay Electronica is nice, but lol @ comparing him to the greatest storyteller of all time.. OF ALL TIME

/overused meme

which brings me to Kanye,, who gives a kurwa if he's a prick (woot no censor) the man is a genius forget what anyone else says.. heres one of my fave songs from him.. which i didnt kno had a video until recently lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGM6N0qXeu4

Jane

Smash Hero
HAHA OMG THE VIDEO!

that was a really good video, and it made me mourn for old kanye ):

he better come out with an amazing album this year, i have faith but if he doesnt deliver i will shun him ):

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
lol not even chop?? pigeon holed by these mind control devices, bob that head till its deformed and lifeless" anywyas..

you guys interested in the hip hop scene might be interested in ill mitchs opinion on the rap game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjaxyqDZo8c
lyrically, it was good. "i spit it so raw, the japanese wanna eat me", or whatever he said, was pretty dope. i guess overall i don't like them. meh. i dunno.

kanye is a genius when making music and beats. outside of that, he's an ***. basically the n**** is an idiot savant : )

mobb deep used to be the shiz back in the day....today....not so much....especially with prodigy calling out like every rapper before he went to jail lol.

concerning r&b: i keep forgetting this thread is about both rap and r&b lol. i've been listenin to a lot of old r&b like maxwell and brian mcknight :)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
RnB Joe is mad dope.

What producers do you guys like?

Premier, Alchemist top two for me.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Dre, Kanye, Premo, Just Blaze

If we're takin it back,

Easy Moe Bee, Havoc of Mobb Deep, RZA, Bad Boy's team
Man, that nostalgia just washed over me. I will say rhyming with melody isn't very common on the radio these days.

And I was HYPED when I heard RZA was doing the music for Afro Samurai. Great stuff.

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
anyone that doesn't have dj premier in the their top 10 doesn't know about producing : ). on another note, swizz beatz is the WORST PRODUCER of all time. I swear all his beats sound the same.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Nah old school Swizz was a beast, when he was with Ruff Ryders and that. He had monsters.

Swizz today is horrible though I agree.

Blu3r

Smash Cadet
oh shi+. that song is dope. where do you be hearin about joey's new tracks? and i'm mad they keep pushin back the great escape. i could've swore it was supposed to come out next month.

Top Bottom